MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2201 Post by worcej » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:04 am
RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:53 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:51 pm
admitting to that was a mistake, fuck dammit, wish we could edit posts.
If it's worse than what happened IRL then I can be happy it's not that bad, if it's better than what happened IRL then you don't need to feel bad. I see you posting it as an absolute win
Yeah ok, you deserve a full explanation, going to apologize ahead of time lol

remember that Dreamland game ND also GM'd, and then brain's minigame afterwards? this stuff

So it started as shits and giggles, but then got invested into writing it and added a plot, which lead to adding angst and other issues as stress relief, and somewhat actual dedication into creating something. the plot came out...well, similar enough to your situation irl - and fucking hell man, how does one not feel awkward or vaguely guilty of being really insensitive, even though logic excuses it by the fact that I didn't know anything at the time.

So no, will not post it anytime soon, but if you want an idea of just how much time I devoted into that thing, this was part of the draft outline
More links that don’t work for me. What is the point of all this?

worcej

#2202 Post by worcej » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:22 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:11 am
And I don't have a clue about what's happening between emc and Ike.
Glad I am not alone. First take is it is distracting.

worcej

#2203 Post by worcej » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:30 am
Like I said before, I would highly encourage our Gladiator to challenge Tem so we can get two lynches in today (unless I misunderstand how the role works)
Scum slip by chance? I bet Jamie hammers this one as I read on.

worcej

#2204 Post by worcej » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:23 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:46 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:39 am
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:30 am
Like I said before, I would highly encourage our Gladiator to challenge Tem so we can get two lynches in today (unless I misunderstand how the role works)
Don't we have several?
Reading setup more in detail, am surprised no-one's done any mechs discussion at all this game so far (not that I mind, obviously, since it's not my thing at all), so it's either so simple that we don't need to discuss it and I'm just a tubelight, hmm
It was discussed on D1 and was pretty accurate.

Vecna

#2205 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:25 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:37 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:44 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:33 pm
will come back later with a vengeance :razz:

anyway,

I'm glad Chaqa has been left untouched (rather me than him) but this might point to an absentee from our rival team given how jail options can be chosen during day

I think someone who hasn't appeared after Chaqa's reveal might be mafia hooker, although this is pure speculation.

I can't see them missing this opportunity to jail Chaqa unless they feel confident in winning and they're just mocking us
Bodyguards a thing though.

At any rate, scum using their knife on you is really a shitty choice, but im glad they did.
Wait, where did vapor imply he got knifed?
WTF, is this becoming a habit amongst the scummy people?

YOU LITERALLY LINKED IT IN THE POST YOU QUOTED JUST BEFORE THIS ONE, MUPPET

Vecna

#2206 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:27 pm

yuuki wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:42 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:37 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Bodyguards a thing though.

At any rate, scum using their knife on you is really a shitty choice, but im glad they did.
Wait, where did vapor imply he got knifed?
feels like a townslip
interesting you didnt state this when the other person said the literal exact same thing

Vecna

#2207 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 pm

yuuki wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:48 pm
Possible scenarios of this ridiculous notion:

1) Every single person out there claims VT. This is the most obvious thing that can happen and probably what would happen and why this mass claim thing is such a bad idea right now. There is no legitimate reason at this point for a PR to out him-herself this early in the game. We are in the same place as if this topic had never been discussed except with a few more neurons alive.
2) Our PRs are noobs and claim. Mafia kills them easily with their OP powers and there are never any missed NKs or bodyguard kills. Town loses.
3) Town PRs fakeclaim their role and end up lynching each other. It would actually be optimal for a crappy role like roleblocker to claim bodyguard in order to get jailed while the actual bodyguard protects some of the other PRs. Problem is whoever fakeclaims is going to get suspected by the real PR and then will end up thinking the fakeclaimer is scum. Town ends up losing.
4) Mafia fakeclaim and then use their powers to clear themselves which will lead us to mislynch our bodyguard. We catch one scum in the process but we have no bodyguard, the bodyguard also does a late day vote into another PR like the gladiator and the emperor thumbs down. The rest of our PRs are also exposed, we are out of challenges as town since our other gladiator will have to challenge the fakeclaimer and pretty much screwed for the rest of the game. This is the least bad possible outcome and even then it sucks.

That's it. Can someone please explain why we are even talking about this?

Enough with the scumminess. I think Vecna Jamie and Chaqa are trying to derail us from scumhunting for reasons I cannot fathom.

Vote Percy, free the town from scum
Also, to respond to this:

1: PR's could safely claim, and its highly likely it would be about 2-3 of them amongst the people were now looking to lynch regardless. I find it highly unlikely that all our PR's are already townread right now. If our PR's claim, and all scum claim VT - thats pretty perfect. We now suddenly have 5 townclears, and most likely a survivor. If vapour is VT, that leaves us with a group of only 8 people that can contain scum. A bunch of those will already be solid townreads, like jamiet. Itll be like shooting fish in a barrel for our rewards gladiator.
2: If scum use up all their op abilities to get rid of some Pr's theyll have none left to save themselves. Wanna thumb down a PR? Itll require a scum to vote them, and thus be outed. Wanna NK the bodyguard? Sure, but take the risk hes simply protecting himself, of which the odds are pretty high. In the meantime, we stil lhave the scum narrowed down to a rediculously small pool and be lynching one of em nearly every day. Maybe even two a day, because we have gladiates. This game will go down ridiculously quick, instead of it being a drawn out boring procedure.
3: Yeah, except if were doing this were telling everyone not to be a jackass, and for town not to play anti-town. Im pretty sure that can be achieved. Fakeclaiming is scumclaiming, which means dying.
4: You keep talking about the bodyguard like its actually important. I dont get that. He can do a single save, once. It can even be circumvented. I have no idea how you think scum are going to use their "power to clear themselves" but feel free to enlighten me.

So yes, the choice is between these two options:

We continue without a massclaim. Scum is gonna continue killing off the competent people. The game will end up as usual, with people like chaqa and jamiet having to solve it. This will likely not go well. Theyll grow suspicious of eachother and just lynch obvtown.

Or, we can do something interesting for once. Trust that we can pinpoint the scum when we narrow them down to a ridiculously small group, incur some casualties, but just win asap while all our competent people are still alive. I realize its a potential recipe for distaster, but youre strongly kidding yourself if you think the nightkills in the coming two night are not gonna end up hitting PRs regardless with jack, jill and their bunny all randomly claiming VT.

worcej

#2208 Post by worcej » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:43 am
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:41 am
Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 am

Yeah, because I totally havent given that twice already
In that case I'm just disappointed, I hoped there was more. My vote is not moving in the near future
Or you know, you could do the not half-assed thing and try and talk to me about it.

Here ill make it easy for you by making some annoying claim: The only reason Hosuku was lynched was because I was fucking around with moving the wagon and putting Damo as a viable contender. The emperor could not use his ability because there was a real chance that Damo would end up being mislynched.
Same reason I parked my vote on damo near the end. Scum would want a consolidated wagon with a few options for tying 2nd to increase a chance to land on a town.

Jamiet99uk

#2209 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:46 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:10 pm
I am a beacon of hope in a land of darkness.
And now, actually, to bed.
Why is our situation so bleak to you when you posted this?
What? Oh that was just meant to trigger Vecna but he didn't even bite.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2210 Post by Chaqa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Welcome worcej to team massclaim.

In favor of massclaim:
- Chaqa
- Vecna
- worcej
- Vapor

On the fence?
- Jamiet

Against:
- Damos
- Yuuki

Jamiet99uk

#2211 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:50 pm

In favor of massclaim:
- Chaqa
- Vecna
- worcej
- Vapor

On the fence?
- Jamiet

Against:
- Damos
- Yuuki
I said I was in favour, I just din't think you'd be able to get enough participants to make it fully effective. In any case I've already claimed.

Vaporwave

#2212 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:54 pm

I'm not for or against massclaim, I'm null on it

I was up for a massclaim because I wanted things to become spicy

will say that I won't claim anything, my flip will show my role

worcej

#2213 Post by worcej » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:47 am
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:41 am
Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 am

Yeah, because I totally havent given that twice already
In that case I'm just disappointed, I hoped there was more. My vote is not moving in the near future
Also, talking about disappointed: I feel disappointed you'd really think I would try to save Hosuku and do it in the way that I did.

Why as scum would I constantly set Hosuku up to be lynched (I voted and talked about his scummyness EXTENSIVELY) - only then to do a weird move and switch on and off Damo? If I was going to bus him, why would I not want to look good doing so?

Youre not making any sense, and your level of analysis is simplistic, high school level.
I think Neph is painting a picture personally.
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:50 pm

In favor of massclaim:
- Chaqa
- Vecna
- worcej
- Vapor

On the fence?
- Jamiet

Against:
- Damos
- Yuuki
I see this as I am catching up. We are discussing massclaim? And where do you see me saying I am onboard?

Jamiet99uk

#2214 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:56 pm

Chaqa do not read good.

Vaporwave

#2215 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Also, we need to chose a town leader, we can't have 2 guys with dominant, strong personalities butt heads

either Vecna or yuuki, pick one to lead town

this should have been xorxes' spot, but error 404 not found

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2216 Post by Chaqa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:58 pm

LOL Yuuki is not leading the town unless I die. Vecna can take charge if he wants.

@Jamiet - not bad reading comprehension, poor memory. I rely on my notes and I havent ben taking any this game so far.,

Nephthys

#2217 Post by Nephthys » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Caram – Dislike how he said “putting reads out helps scum” yet don’t really see why that would come from scum. Shockingly low activity. Reads are not backed up by anything. Only thing of note is Hosuke’s read of him.

Chaqa – un-cced PR. Town

Damo – This is the most active and focused I’ve ever seen damo, he’s too focused to be his normal town. Dislike his push on EMC and how he did it, especially with an issued scum read on one of the top 3 wagons at the time (xorx). My interaction with him last night was to sort out whether the push on EMC was opportunistic scum or genuinely scum reading EMC. Overall, I found his response weak but not incriminating. Scum

EMC – His read list/thoughts on people didn’t offer much is anything yet. His probe into mechanics doesn’t look good and his overall game feels limp. Weak scumlean.

Jamie – Liking him more as the game goes on. Think he’s probably town

Neph – Town

Percy – Low poster but feels normal, he wanted scum so is probably just sad. Town

Ike – I don’t really understand what’s going on here and need more information on him. If I had to make a call in isolation, I’d say scum due to the drop in character from D1 but unsure I can… Null.

Rivera – On the whole I like this guy, he seems one of the tonwier players in the game and generally offers coherent thoughts. Hosukes treatment of him is the only thing that stops him being one of my toop townreads. Town

Tem – Seems more trying to defend himself that offer reads. Scum

Vapor – Claimed stabbed, nothing more to do

Vecna – Last nights scenarios had a specific purpose. Vecna has issued a scum/PR read on xorx to the point he wanted to vote for him. Both Vecna and Xorx have similar reputations as Vecna has recently mentioned. Therefore, any inconsistency in his treatment/thoughts would be essentially a scumslip. He didn’t slip and actually answered reasonably well. I still really hate his EOD and am suspicious of him, he’s a null though for now

Worcej – My first townread, although he hasn’t contributed anything much since, the posts he is commenting on are weird and don’t really seem to advance the game. Town but falling fast

Xorx – Essentially agree with Vecna here, something is off. He seems softer than normal and the survivor claim was weird although I can see where he was coming from. Weak scum

Yuuki – He’s shooting up my town reads pretty quickly, seems motivated and has good intentions. Town

yuuki

#2218 Post by yuuki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 pm
yuuki wrote:

1) Every single person out there claims VT. This is the most obvious thing that can happen and probably what would happen and why this mass claim thing is such a bad idea right now. There is no legitimate reason at this point for a PR to out him-herself this early in the game. We are in the same place as if this topic had never been discussed except with a few more neurons alive.
2) Our PRs are noobs and claim. Mafia kills them easily with their OP powers and there are never any missed NKs or bodyguard kills. Town loses.
3) Town PRs fakeclaim their role and end up lynching each other. It would actually be optimal for a crappy role like roleblocker to claim bodyguard in order to get jailed while the actual bodyguard protects some of the other PRs. Problem is whoever fakeclaims is going to get suspected by the real PR and then will end up thinking the fakeclaimer is scum. Town ends up losing.
4) Mafia fakeclaim and then use their powers to clear themselves which will lead us to mislynch our bodyguard. We catch one scum in the process but we have no bodyguard, the bodyguard also does a late day vote into another PR like the gladiator and the emperor thumbs down. The rest of our PRs are also exposed, we are out of challenges as town since our other gladiator will have to challenge the fakeclaimer and pretty much screwed for the rest of the game. This is the least bad possible outcome and even then it sucks.

Enough with the scumminess. I think Vecna Jamie and Chaqa are trying to derail us from scumhunting for reasons I cannot fathom.

1: PR's could safely claim, and its highly likely it would be about 2-3 of them amongst the people were now looking to lynch regardless. I find it highly unlikely that all our PR's are already townread right now. If our PR's claim, and all scum claim VT - thats pretty perfect. We now suddenly have 5 townclears, and most likely a survivor. If vapour is VT, that leaves us with a group of only 8 people that can contain scum. A bunch of those will already be solid townreads, like jamiet. Itll be like shooting fish in a barrel for our rewards gladiator.
2: If scum use up all their op abilities to get rid of some Pr's theyll have none left to save themselves. Wanna thumb down a PR? Itll require a scum to vote them, and thus be outed. Wanna NK the bodyguard? Sure, but take the risk hes simply protecting himself, of which the odds are pretty high. In the meantime, we stil lhave the scum narrowed down to a rediculously small pool and be lynching one of em nearly every day. Maybe even two a day, because we have gladiates. This game will go down ridiculously quick, instead of it being a drawn out boring procedure.
3: Yeah, except if were doing this were telling everyone not to be a jackass, and for town not to play anti-town. Im pretty sure that can be achieved. Fakeclaiming is scumclaiming, which means dying.
4: You keep talking about the bodyguard like its actually important. I dont get that. He can do a single save, once. It can even be circumvented. I have no idea how you think scum are going to use their "power to clear themselves" but feel free to enlighten me.

We continue without a massclaim. Scum is gonna continue killing off the competent people. The game will end up as usual, with people like chaqa and jamiet having to solve it. This will likely not go well. Theyll grow suspicious of eachother and just lynch obvtown.

Or, we can do something interesting for once. Trust that we can pinpoint the scum when we narrow them down to a ridiculously small group, incur some casualties, but just win asap while all our competent people are still alive. I realize its a potential recipe for distaster, but youre strongly kidding yourself if you think the nightkills in the coming two night are not gonna end up hitting PRs regardless with jack, jill and their bunny all randomly claiming VT.
Bodyguard: You are Hagen. You are a Germanic warrior and formerly Proximo’s chief gladiator trainer. However, you later befriended Maximus and Juba upon arriving in Rome and now seek to protect Maximus at all costs. Each DAY, the bodyguard may select another player to protect. The bodyguard will protect from a day targeted imprisonment or a night killing action. If the Bodyguard targets a player who is targeted for imprisonment then the Bodyguard is imprisoned instead; furthermore the Bodyguard will kill the Jailor if the Jailor attempts to stab him resulting in both dead (Jailor dies immediately, but Bodyguard will die at the end of the subsequent phase from the stab). If the Bodyguard is just imprisoned then he will be ‘roleblocked’ only. The Jailor will be told their imprisonment was successful and will not know if the Bodyguard switched or not. If the Bodyguard targets a player who is targeted by a night killing action then the Bodyguard will kill whoever targeted that player unless it is the Emperor or Deathproof Gladiator; in that case the Bodyguard will die and the Deathproof will lose their ability but remain alive; and the player targeted will know they were targeted. If it’s the Emperor neither the Bodyguard or the Emperor will die. If the Bodyguard, himself, is targeted by an action and has not self-targeted then the Bodyguard will die and the Mafia member will not be killed. The Bodyguard can self-target or target to protect without restriction. Scans as Town. Wins when the Mafia has been eliminated and with the town.

Where does it say it is a one shot ability?

Vecna

#2219 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 pm

Yeah, people are too damn inactive to make this massclaim shit work regardless. Were looking at least at 3 or so people just flaking, not responding, pretending to be goooone.

It wouldve been nice if we couldve resolved it in time for a gladiator to kill someone before the 24h mark. Oh well

Vecna

#2220 Post by Vecna » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:10 pm

yuuki wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:08 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 pm
yuuki wrote:

Bodyguard: You are Hagen. You are a Germanic warrior and formerly Proximo’s chief gladiator trainer. However, you later befriended Maximus and Juba upon arriving in Rome and now seek to protect Maximus at all costs. Each DAY, the bodyguard may select another player to protect. The bodyguard will protect from a day targeted imprisonment or a night killing action. If the Bodyguard targets a player who is targeted for imprisonment then the Bodyguard is imprisoned instead; furthermore the Bodyguard will kill the Jailor if the Jailor attempts to stab him resulting in both dead (Jailor dies immediately, but Bodyguard will die at the end of the subsequent phase from the stab). If the Bodyguard is just imprisoned then he will be ‘roleblocked’ only. The Jailor will be told their imprisonment was successful and will not know if the Bodyguard switched or not. If the Bodyguard targets a player who is targeted by a night killing action then the Bodyguard will kill whoever targeted that player unless it is the Emperor or Deathproof Gladiator; in that case the Bodyguard will die and the Deathproof will lose their ability but remain alive; and the player targeted will know they were targeted. If it’s the Emperor neither the Bodyguard or the Emperor will die. If the Bodyguard, himself, is targeted by an action and has not self-targeted then the Bodyguard will die and the Mafia member will not be killed. The Bodyguard can self-target or target to protect without restriction. Scans as Town. Wins when the Mafia has been eliminated and with the town.

Where does it say it is a one shot ability?
Just try reading it properly and apply some critical thinking of why its a one shot.