Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#4061 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:26 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:58 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:13 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:23 pm

And as you are around, give me a reason to not shoot you.
Because I am a town role that will be valuable later in the game.
I need the help of the native speakers here.

bozo (and Jamie?) claim that what damo said has a connotation that his role would become active late in the game, and therefore could not be interpreted as including the Tracker as a potential role because N2 is not late enough to count as "later in the game". I read it from the start as including the Tracker, as well as the Doctor and the Watcher, who was not dead yet. Those were the mammals that would be valuable later in the game. I knew it wasn't the Innocent Child because that's me, but everyone else would also have included it. But maybe it's because I'm not a native speaker.

So, native speakers, did damo exclude the Tracker in that claim, or would only someone who knew he couldn't be the Tracker exclude that possibility?
I assumed he was a PR among the tracker/watcher/doctor based on what he was saying, but have not been overly confident in any sort of claims from people due to how this game was setup.

worcej

#4062 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:27 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:02 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:38 pm
BO [BULLETPROOF]
Flash [VT]
Food [VT]
Worcej
Jamie
worcej is next
Okapi, VT.

worcej

#4063 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:32 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:35 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:25 pm
Xorxes: assume for a moment you are in my shoes as TvS. What do you do to get town to believe you?
I'd like to extend this out to everyone. What do I do?

I feel fairly confident in the EP v darg fight, but I'm not sure about what to do in the aftermath.
You actually think with town logic. Nothing about you right now sounds towny because for some fucking reason you think Chaqa can wait and we should deal with the 50/50.

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL THINKING LIKE THIS!?!??!?!?!!

The longer we keep a town Chaqa in the game, we will end up getting fucked. Am I the only person who actually utilizes math in their occupation? The odds of losing are HIGHER if Chaqa is telling the truth and is the Lover.

Why do we need to sort this out now when we can lynch chaqa then resolve the fucking Darg vs EP scenario tomorrow?!?!?!?!?

WHY ARE ANY OF THE TOWN PLAYERS NOT SEEING THIS?!?!?!? WHERE THE FUCK IS MY FUCKING TEAM!??!?!?!?!

worcej

#4064 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:35 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:39 am
If I'm not getting this wrong...

>One, or even two of Espresso/dargorygel is scum. If both are scum, one of them is likely to have the cow role, and we should have the players less likely to be chosen by the cow D0 to vote for them
>Chaqa is the best mislynch option, and should probs be voted on only if we're really not confident
>The bozo wagon is growing, people seem to think he's scummy
>Scum is doing a good job NKing specific roles, and we're losing badly.

Oh well
Again, Chaqa is a HUGE liability to the town as we get to mylo. Scum just need to hit whoever he loved and get a 2 for 1, which if at mylo means the game ENDS.

It doesn't fucking matter if we figure out darg or EP now if we can just fucking lose out of the blue!

worcej

#4065 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:37 am

Literally, I am at my wits end based on the responses I am seeing: all the possible scum players are voicing to focus not on Chaqa. Chaqa is even promoting he should live.

IF I WAS THE LOVER AND LOVED SOMEONE, I WOULD KNOW I NEED TO DIE NOT NEAR THE END OF THE GAME!

bozotheclown

#4066 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:47 am

xorxes is ignoring the reasons we should lynch Chaqa today, so I have to assume he is scum. Besides, I find it hard to believe xorxes is so sure Percy and Chaqa are town when he supposedly thought emc and ItsHosuke were scum despite their claims that would make no sense for scum.

Foxcastle, ItsHosuke, and Tom, please consider the reasons why lynching Chaqa is the best option today. You should be the ones leading the lynch today.

worcej

#4067 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:49 am

Seriously, let me break it down for you all ONCE AGAIN!!!!! Since people are pushing the '50/50 odds are better on EP and Darg than other stuff'.

Want to know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE POSSIBLY FUCKING SCUM! Are my clears paying attention yet?!?!?!

Right now:
It is 9-5 now on D4.

Lynch Chaqa now, possibly go 8-5, then go to 7-5 on D5. At 7-5 on D5, we're at Mylo if the Human is in play. Still the same odds as now with no cost to go after, but there is a glimmer of hope in this situation.

What if Chaqa is full of shit and is scum? We go to 9-4 if Chaqa is actually scum, and then 8-4 on D5. We now can go after darg vs EP and feel much more confident and have time to fix the issue if we get it wrong.

So why does this all matter? Because just thinking that it's 50/50 on darg and EP and ignoring the actual whole scum team is A FATAL MISTAKE.

Why is this a big deal? BECAUSE THE SCUM TEAM MAKEUP HAS OVER 70% CHANCE THE HUMAN (DOUBLE VOTE) IS IN IT.

Now for the non-math folk here, 70% > 50%. Do we agree? We should, so lets move on.

IT IS MORE PROBABLE THAT THE SCUM HAVE THE HUMAN THAN JUST GUESSING ON DARG OR EP.

If you operate knowing that, WE NEED TO ENSURE CHAQA DOES NOT JUST RANDOMLY DIE ON THE NK IF HIS LOVED TARGET IS KILLED.

Again, killing Chaqa now changes NOTHING to town's chances to lose. Keeping him alive and giving the scum a chance to get him on the NK along with his lover gives them the GAME!

bozotheclown

#4068 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:51 am

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:18 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:43 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:18 pm
Only I know who my lover is. What this seems like to me is a scum getting nervous I may not have who they think as lover and throwing off their entire endgame math and plan.
What?
Are you retracting your Brain/Tom lover claim?
I NEVER MADE THAT CLAIM. Everyone keeps telling me i did, but go and find it. You won't.
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:43 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:41 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:40 pm
Who wouldn’t be in love with Tom?
Yes but that means you were originally in love with Brainbomb.

Brainbomb never survives to end game.

Why pick Brainbomb?
I remember brain surviving quite often. Maybe the meta has changed?

Tbh I thought it would be silly. I didn’t think it through as much as I should have...

Here is where you claimed it.

worcej

#4069 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:55 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:47 am
xorxes is ignoring the reasons we should lynch Chaqa today, so I have to assume he is scum. Besides, I find it hard to believe xorxes is so sure Percy and Chaqa are town when he supposedly thought emc and ItsHosuke were scum despite their claims that would make no sense for scum.

Foxcastle, ItsHosuke, and Tom, please consider the reasons why lynching Chaqa is the best option today. You should be the ones leading the lynch today.
I cannot echo this more and I am glad at bozo saw this issue too.

Xorxes, Bo, EP, and Chaqa are being incredibly scummy by choosing to ignore this situation or try to say the 50/50 shot on EP and Darg is better. They are choosing to play a dumb WIFOM theory test with the game, but the only ones that should want that are the scum team themselves.

Like, I am really fucking waiting for EP to respond how this is scummy of me and bozo to try to point out the situation. There is no good explanation why a scum would want to lynch Chaqa instead. None. EP has yet to respond and only came up with some bullshit 'connection' between bozo and me. Chaqa also agreed with it.

And has anyone noticed how shitty scummy Chaqa's response to pointing this out is?! Jesus christ, it is the scummiest shit EVER to think 'I am town and the lover, but I want to live all game, so please don't kill me even though I am a big liability @ lylo and beyond!'

worcej

#4070 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:56 am

*mylo and beyond, before some stupid scum fuck tries to spin this against me again.

worcej

#4071 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:57 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:51 am
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:18 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:43 pm

What?
Are you retracting your Brain/Tom lover claim?
I NEVER MADE THAT CLAIM. Everyone keeps telling me i did, but go and find it. You won't.
Chaqa wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Why pick Brainbomb?

Tbh I thought it would be silly. I didn’t think it through as much as I should have...

Here is where you claimed it.
POT
MEET
KETTLE

Percy Williams

#4072 Post by Percy Williams » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:01 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:45 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Why pick Brainbomb?

Why would you crumb your target D1? That only had the potential to help the mafia.
And then the Obvscum realizes his mistake.
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:50 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:47 pm
Did you crumb your role Bozo?
No, I did not think to crumb VT, although in this setup that would have been a good idea D1 before the mafia had a chance to assign their fake claim roles.
##Vote Bozotheclown
The most anti Town player I've seen.

worcej

#4073 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:01 am

And FWIW - I believe darg over EP personally based on how EP has responded today (dismissive and stating it's scummy), how EP pushed for claims from DP (which probably didn't exist at this point), and even wanted tracker smokescreens.

Darg has been absent most of the game. EP has been scummy imo.

Scum team existing like this probably:
Chaqa
EP
Bo
xorxes
(some random 5th)

worcej

#4074 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:02 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:01 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:45 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Why would you crumb your target D1? That only had the potential to help the mafia.
And then the Obvscum realizes his mistake.
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:50 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:47 pm
Did you crumb your role Bozo?
No, I did not think to crumb VT, although in this setup that would have been a good idea D1 before the mafia had a chance to assign their fake claim roles.
##Vote Bozotheclown
The most anti Town player I've seen.
ARE YOU FUCKING PAYING ANY ATTENTION?!!??!?!?!?!

Jesus, I hate you all tonight. Every last town player, I fucking hate how stupid you all can be.

worcej

#4075 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:03 am

We spent all fucking game arguing the setup and mechanics and now when a glaring issue is presenting itself and a couple people see it and voice it, you all disappear.

What changed?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4076 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:04 am

Why do you think Chaqa is scummy? Besides being selfish and wanting to survive until the late game (that’s just selfish poor play, but not necessarily scummy)

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4077 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:05 am

Percy. I don’t understand what you are trying to say. You are presenting what you think is a contradiction (it’s not - not all crumbs are the same), but even so a contradiction does not equal scum.

worcej

#4078 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:06 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:04 am
Why do you think Chaqa is scummy? Besides being selfish and wanting to survive until the late game (that’s just selfish poor play, but not necessarily scummy)
No other reason honestly - that is pretty scummy in itself to be selfish in a team-based game.

But my fear is him being town, if he is scum then it's just we caught scum claiming one of their dumb counter-claims.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4079 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:09 am

Poor play is not scum indicative.

You buy darg a “crumbs”?

worcej

#4080 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:12 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:09 am
Poor play is not scum indicative.

You buy darg a “crumbs”?
I buy it more than EP's play so far today. He has been nothing but scummy with trying to promote we stay on him or darg.

The scum want us to focus on the counter claim, in a game where a counter claim would never be needed because of their roles they could claim to avoid breaking the game. They have no other reason to push this strategy with how they have yet to lose a player yet.

Why jeopardize a scum now? Why risk it? If you think that way and see that there is an easily plausible way for them to get a win with tonight's NK (if Chaqa is town) then why are we letting them have that chance?