Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1941 Post by xorxes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:46 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:38 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:23 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:21 pm
I've come around to the delayed vote on Percy. We can maybe lynch the roleblocker in the time it takes Percy to activate.

I don't see how Masons can prove they're town, but I also don't want to vote against them. It's more likely the maf team has to kill them to ensure they don't make it to endgame.
This is how they prove they're town:

One of the clears chooses a category (e.g. Shakespeare's poems) from which they must both post the same one at the same time. They can only do this if they can coordinate in a QT.
Maybe I missed this, but didn't we already determine there's a small possibility of both Masons being mafia? Your way to clear them doesn't work in that scenario.

But again, I don't think we have to worry about this. The maf team has to kill the Masons before the endgame. We should focus on other ppl for now.
If the two people who claim to be masons are mafia, they don't have a QT and therefore cannot coordinate to prove that they are town.

We do have to worry about this because there is a possibility that the "masons" are not masons.

Foxcastle

#1942 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:50 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:42 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:29 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:25 pm

How am I chasing masons?
... You're spending a lot of time on the mason question. That's what I mean by "chasing masons". I find it ironic that you're unconcerned about Percy because we can deal with him on Day 6 or whatever—when it's possibly too late—while focusing on the masons when Hosuke is either town (in which case they'll have to NK him eventually) or scum (a problem that will probably clarify later when another scum claims), but not urgent.
Don't be silly, I have only started looking into masons in the last hour or so when damo suggested they should claim (which I thought was a good idea).

Percy is most likely town. I don't know why you think I've been unconcerned about him. Day 6 will only be too late if we only lynch townies until then and if he is scum, both of which are highly unlikely.

The reason I'm not so happy letting Hosuke slide by now is that he hasn't done anything for town, and the person I think might be their partner is not currently convincing me they're town either.
Hosuke hasn't done anything at all, for that matter. I agree that's problematic, but my thoughts about the cause of that situation are: new player + not invested + bad timezone. Which is unfortunately not AI.

Assuming Hosuke is a real mason, their partner should only be revealed to prevent a mislynch of one of the two of them. In the case that the mafia team has not figured out who the other mason is, having that player live to the late game is valuable for town.

Side note: I find it odd that Jamiet did not throw a fit about the numbers Hosuke posted. That should have prompted conniption over the no encryption rule...

EspressoPatronum

#1943 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:50 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:46 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:38 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:23 pm

This is how they prove they're town:

One of the clears chooses a category (e.g. Shakespeare's poems) from which they must both post the same one at the same time. They can only do this if they can coordinate in a QT.
Maybe I missed this, but didn't we already determine there's a small possibility of both Masons being mafia? Your way to clear them doesn't work in that scenario.

But again, I don't think we have to worry about this. The maf team has to kill the Masons before the endgame. We should focus on other ppl for now.
If the two people who claim to be masons are mafia, they don't have a QT and therefore cannot coordinate to prove that they are town.

We do have to worry about this because there is a possibility that the "masons" are not masons.
Ohh I see. Forgot maf didn't have day chat.

We would want their answer to be a long post with pre-determined differences to ensure scum don't have time to replicate it.

Maybe one posts with normal formatting.
The.other.posts.with.different.formatting.

damo666

#1944 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:02 pm
Working on getting caught up now.
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:45 pm
@Chaqa what's with the Martian reference?
I wasn’t trying to make any references, so I’m afraid you have me at a loss.
Stranger in a Strange Land

Foxcastle

#1945 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:54 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:53 pm
Chaqa wrote:
damo666 wrote:
In the jealous girlfriend meme version of this, Damo is leering at Heinlein while Exodus glares at him in disgust.

Vaporwave

#1946 Post by Vaporwave » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Not rulling out Jamie being a scumbo

but it's NOT for that Vecna quote

who thinks about EON when surrounded by women in a bar?

It's hard to say if he's town or not, Jamie is similar to bomb, they both explode, they both change tactics, real chameleons

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1947 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:59 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:53 pm
Chaqa wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Stranger in a Strange Land is a book...

Foxcastle

#1948 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:57 pm
Jamiet. The real answer to this question is Jamiet.

xorxes

#1949 Post by xorxes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:01 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:57 pm
Not rulling out Jamie being a scumbo

but it's NOT for that Vecna quote

Of course. The first thing that comes to mind under those circumstances is "I need to set Vecna straight", right?

xorxes

#1950 Post by xorxes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:09 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:50 pm
xorxes wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:29 pm

... You're spending a lot of time on the mason question. That's what I mean by "chasing masons". I find it ironic that you're unconcerned about Percy because we can deal with him on Day 6 or whatever—when it's possibly too late—while focusing on the masons when Hosuke is either town (in which case they'll have to NK him eventually) or scum (a problem that will probably clarify later when another scum claims), but not urgent.
Don't be silly, I have only started looking into masons in the last hour or so when damo suggested they should claim (which I thought was a good idea).

Percy is most likely town. I don't know why you think I've been unconcerned about him. Day 6 will only be too late if we only lynch townies until then and if he is scum, both of which are highly unlikely.

The reason I'm not so happy letting Hosuke slide by now is that he hasn't done anything for town, and the person I think might be their partner is not currently convincing me they're town either.
Hosuke hasn't done anything at all, for that matter. I agree that's problematic, but my thoughts about the cause of that situation are: new player + not invested + bad timezone. Which is unfortunately not AI.

Assuming Hosuke is a real mason, their partner should only be revealed to prevent a mislynch of one of the two of them. In the case that the mafia team has not figured out who the other mason is, having that player live to the late game is valuable for town.

Side note: I find it odd that Jamiet did not throw a fit about the numbers Hosuke posted. That should have prompted conniption over the no encryption rule...
You realize that there's only one possible reason why you would think that protecting Hosuke was more important than protecting Percy and damo, right?

Foxcastle

#1951 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:12 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:09 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
xorxes wrote:

You realize that there's only one possible reason why you would think that protecting Hosuke was more important than protecting Percy and damo, right?
Not if I think Percy and Damo are likely scum and Hosuke is at best null.

xorxes

#1952 Post by xorxes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:14 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:12 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:09 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

Not if I think Percy and Damo are likely scum and Hosuke is at best null.
OK, I'll leave it at that for now.

Foxcastle

#1953 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:20 pm

I don't know why you're giving so much deference to claims, Xorxes. Nearly everyone's going to have claims, and scum assuredly do (because they can choose from a list whatever is most convenient). This is not a usual game where patience is a virtue when it comes to fake claims.

The mason claims are different though, because there are two of them and they have to be done in coordination. If Hosuke is scum and fake claiming, then that is actually much more likely to be clarified with patience than Percy's claim, which can't be CC'd and is open to the possibility that he could fake results (if we get that far into game).

brainbomb

#1954 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Fox, if you dont know why hes doing one thing
and you dont know why hes doing another thing
and another thing
its obvious his actions are irksome to you and you find it questionable

how bout vote him and stop talking about it. we get it
hes being strange and proposing bizarre stuff
vote him
kill him
move the fuck on

Foxcastle

#1955 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:26 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:24 pm
Fox, if you dont know why hes doing one thing
and you dont know why hes doing another thing
and another thing
its obvious his actions are irksome to you and you find it questionable

how bout vote him and stop talking about it. we get it
hes being strange and proposing bizarre stuff
vote him
kill him
move the fuck on
Because I still think he's town.

xorxes

#1956 Post by xorxes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:20 pm
I don't know why you're giving so much deference to claims, Xorxes. Nearly everyone's going to have claims, and scum assuredly do (because they can choose from a list whatever is most convenient). This is not a usual game where patience is a virtue when it comes to fake claims.

The mason claims are different though, because there are two of them and they have to be done in coordination. If Hosuke is scum and fake claiming, then that is actually much more likely to be clarified with patience than Percy's claim, which can't be CC'd and is open to the possibility that he could fake results (if we get that far into game).
If Percy's claim is true, lynching him would be doing a huge service to Mafia. Agree?

If Percy's claim is false, tomorrow he will look even more suspect than today. Agree?

Given those two, what could possibly be the argument for lynching him today instead of tomorrow? There's no other scum candidate at all that would be less risky to lynch?

(Same thing applies to damo.)

Aside from all that, there's good reason to think Percy is town and his claim is true from the way he discussed massclaims with bozo way before he was under threat of being shot or lynched.

Foxcastle

#1957 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:40 pm

My take from EOD1 is Percy, EMC, and Damo are scum.

Moscow Fleet gets shot about 30 minutes out. Bo is the first vote in response at 0:29, moving off Rdrivera to be the only vote on Foodcoats.

Damo is also on Rdrivera, and unvotes. Which seems a little sketchy to me (like, do you have to think about your next most likely scum read? Or is it more likely you have to stop and strategize about who to vote next when your scummate is one of the two leading wagons). On the other hand, the two people who was most interested had just been taken off the menu in a murder-clearicide. But on the other other hand, he'd already been voting Bozo previously in the day... Why the need to pause, especially when he then immediately vote Bozo again anyway.

So then Rdrivera votes Percy up to tie with EMC and Bozo, and Damo then goes to Jamiet, which he never explains. That makes me think he want to have options for where to jump. And then when emc pulls ahead, he goes back to Bozo. Chaqa even jumps on at the end, like a scum cherry on top.

Foxcastle

#1958 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:44 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:30 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

If Percy's claim is true, lynching him would be doing a huge service to Mafia. Agree?

If Percy's claim is false, tomorrow he will look even more suspect than today. Agree?

Given those two, what could possibly be the argument for lynching him today instead of tomorrow? There's no other scum candidate at all that would be less risky to lynch?

Aside from all that, there's good reason to think Percy is town and his claim is true from the way he discussed massclaims with bozo way before he was under threat of being shot or lynched.
If if if.

If Percy's claim is false, there's little difference between today, tomorrow, or the day after that. Since there's obviously disagreement about him, scum would prioritize him below other NK's (I would say clears, but that's apparently not waht they're thinking).

xorxes

#1959 Post by xorxes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:46 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:40 pm
My take from EOD1 is Percy, EMC, and Damo are scum.
And yet you're pushing Percy and damo, even though if you're wrong the least damage would be caused by mislynching emc?

xorxes

#1960 Post by xorxes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:44 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:30 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

If if if.

If Percy's claim is false, there's little difference between today, tomorrow, or the day after that. Since there's obviously disagreement about him, scum would prioritize him below other NK's (I would say clears, but that's apparently not waht they're thinking).
Correct, if the claim is false there's little difference between today, tomorrow or the day after that.

And if the claim is true, there's a huge difference.

So you think it's better to lynch him today. Clear.