Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#561 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:43 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:38 pm
You really think that I am the type of player who will just take your word for it worcej? cmon man, when have I ever done that when I think someone is scum?
Numerous times when said scum convinces you otherwise and you move on to a town player.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#562 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:48 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:41 pm
I'll be back tomorrow with time...
First, I was trying to be funny, and no one noticed. I was posting with one word. I suppose it says something about what folk expect from me. :-)
It was kind of fun. Mostly it was just reactive posts. I DID have a couple of conversations (accusing Percy Williams of hedging, for instance) that were fun with single words. It actually made me think more about articulation than I am used to...
Did I miss the part where anyone asked?
dargorygel wrote:

A couple of obvious things to comment on:
Mass claim... while I do think that such a claim MIGHT POSSIBLY help us... mostly the concept has too many faulty underlying beliefs. It assumes a randomness of role that I don't think the GM's would do. It assumes that we will have LOTS of scum making false claims, when there is no reason for them to do so. I think bozo also is assuming (he lists this as a 'pro') that multiple fakeclaiming by lynchable scum is common. I think it happens maybe once or twice per game. So we MIGHT draw out a couple of scum... but mostly, we just give scum a map.

But I am not happy with how hard bozo is pushing for this. He seems to have some hope that he has a chance to succeed. I think bozo is smarter than that. So why does he not back off? Or did I miss a retraction?
Would a retraction make a difference to you? Would him backing off making a difference to you? It seems like you're ready to erase all of his sins the moment he says the magic word.

That post is weird.

brainbomb

#563 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:48 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:43 pm
brainbomb wrote:
You really think that I am the type of player who will just take your word for it worcej? cmon man, when have I ever done that when I think someone is scum?
Numerous times when said scum convinces you otherwise and you move on to a town player.
were you trying a similar tactic to the ones scum use on me?

brainbomb

#564 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:49 pm

I am stunned to see that darg has no opinion change on percy, but rather a litany of backtracking on a gimmick he was using.

worcej

#565 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:48 pm
worcej wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
I have no reason to engage in a tactic. Your vote will move on its own eventually.

brainbomb

#566 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:55 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 pm
brainbomb wrote:
worcej wrote:
I have no reason to engage in a tactic. Your vote will move on its own eventually.
an extremely brilliant deduction as my vote isnt currently on you anyway

worcej

#567 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:55 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 pm
brainbomb wrote:

an extremely brilliant deduction as my vote isnt currently on you anyway
Mama said I was a smart one. She also said football was the devil.

brainbomb

#568 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:57 pm

theres something wrong with your medulla oblangata

worcej

#569 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:00 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:57 pm
:-D

damo666

#570 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:03 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:57 pm
Too developed?

worcej

#571 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:06 pm

24 hours in. My Impressions:
-Fox was early.
-Vapor is all over.
-bo is old.
-Vecna is behaving as ‘normal’
-brain is doing his analysis mode and bouncing
-bozo is all in on a dumb strategy at the cost of all the town’s protection
-new guys have not inspired any real reaction from me
-emc is behaving based on the early pressure
-Percy is easily confused

Percy Williams

#572 Post by Percy Williams » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:07 pm

damo666 wrote:
Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:18 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:37 pm
But who though? Nothing's been extremely ping-worthy asides from Percy making more grammar mistakes (i.e. random capitalizations) than usual, and bozo's tone, but it's not worth voting for.
I recently heard something from Tom Scott about using capitalization to convey tone in text, so it's partially that and partially editing down capitals to avoid looking like I'm yelling which leaves the first one capital. I'm trying to figure out how best to add emphasis on certain words, and clearly it's not working.
Embolden underline italicise colour ?
I always get way thrown off when there's colour, and there are a lot of subliminal messages colour send, so that ones out. Italics can go unnoticed in bad quality, or when Zooming down the road in a camero, but I could use the other two.

Percy Williams

#573 Post by Percy Williams » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:08 pm

dargorygel wrote:
First, I was trying to be funny, and no one noticed. I was posting with one word. I suppose it says something about what folk expect from me. :-)
It was kind of fun. Mostly it was just reactive posts. I DID have a couple of conversations (accusing Percy Williams of hedging, for instance) that were fun with single words. It actually made me think more about articulation than I am used to...

But in the end it is too hard and not really helpful.

Mass claim... while I do think that such a claim MIGHT POSSIBLY help us... mostly the concept has too many faulty underlying beliefs. It assumes a randomness of role that I don't think the GM's would do. It assumes that we will have LOTS of scum making false claims, when there is no reason for them to do so. I think bozo also is assuming (he lists this as a 'pro') that multiple fakeclaiming by lynchable scum is common. I think it happens maybe once or twice per game. So we MIGHT draw out a couple of scum... but mostly, we just give scum a map.

But I am not happy with how hard bozo is pushing for this. He seems to have some hope that he has a chance to succeed. I think bozo is smarter than that. So why does he not back off? Or did I miss a retraction?

Also, regarding D1 voting. I always raise an eyebrow at STRONG statements on D1. People who pretend to KNOW an alignment. Obv, only scum knows alignment.

Lynching lurkers? D1 is almost random voting, or at most, mostly gut feelings. Lurkers are no more or less likely to be scum. Lately, it seems, though that at least one or two scummies hide early in the game. So maybe lynching lurkers increases our odds.

I'll probably be able to read off and on... but won't have time to post much till tomorrow morning.
Ah, I was wondering about that. What did you mean when you replied "you?" To me a while back?

Foxcastle

#574 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:30 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:53 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Fine
You think my accusation is "fine"? Fine as in "well-reasoned" or of otherwise acceptable quality? Or fine as in you grudgingly admit my accusation is correct?
Fine as in 'yes, fine, happy to discuss'.
Way to step up with content...

Anyway, you admit that you were stirring up noise in the thread. And you preemptively apologized for it, like you knew I would accuse you of doing it deliberately. And you've contributed basically nothing else to the thread.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#575 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:27 pm

dargorygel wrote:

But in the end it is too hard and not really helpful.

Also, regarding D1 voting. I always raise an eyebrow at STRONG statements on D1. People who pretend to KNOW an alignment. Obv, only scum knows alignment.

Lynching lurkers? D1 is almost random voting, or at most, mostly gut feelings. Lurkers are no more or less likely to be scum. Lately, it seems, though that at least one or two scummies hide early in the game. So maybe lynching lurkers increases our odds.

I'll probably be able to read off and on... but won't have time to post much till tomorrow morning.
Before I dive into this post, thanks bo for articulating what I’ve been feeling in a way more clear and concise way than I ever could. Appreciate that. I have a lot of trouble following all these back and forth quoted conversations. I miss the old big monolithic “case” posts people used to make.

But on this post - dargo isn’t someone I’ve played with too much (or have forgotten if I gave), but this entire post seems hedgey and anchoring. “Sorry I was posting so poorly, but weren’t my one-word answers so articulate! I’ll be back and better later, I promise!”

Blegh. ##Vote dargo

brainbomb

#576 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:33 pm

ItsHosuke
Day-1 38:07
page 14 / orig Missed game start, sorry, newbie mistake. Anyone want to make a TL;DR?
Yea, your alleged mason buddy probably ought to do that for ya

brainbomb

#577 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Im wondering if mafia was given masons as 2 of their fake claims and this guy didnt know what masons were so he just claimed it as he saw it on the scums list of fake options.

brainbomb

#579 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:57 pm

Vecna does a post dump after Hotsuke claims mason.
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... id=w:90047

This could be vecna trying to bury scums chernobyl moment of this game. newb scum accidentally claiming a last resort fake claim option.

Vecna

#580 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:58 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 pm
vecna has unpopular opinions. and hes not role played or pretended to be julius ceasar. this means vecna is town
boring and too simplistic