Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#281 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:29 am

EspressoPatronum
Day-1 44:04
page 7 / orig
↑Foxcastle: "Sigh. This makes me think you're doing it to protect your scum meta. :neutral:

Emc has to start creating a vote record
that ca..."

Not a bad idea. Maybe it'll get him to put a vote on someone else.

##VOTE EMC

and now folks, we may observe two wolves fucking.

EspressoPatronum
Day-1 43:42
page 8 / orig
↑xorxes: "Second red flag for brainbomb."
In the context of brainbomb reacting to a serious post made in RVS, it's NAI to me.

Can you expand on your first red flag re: brain's lack of an early vote?
Xorxes straight up never responded to this
Espresso doesnt care lol

brainbomb

#282 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:32 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:41 am
For some reason, (don't take this too seriously), this reminds me of that game a bit back when bozo was scum and did the doc thing in early game.
how are we supposed to take this?

brainbomb

#283 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:53 am

01&user=e.m.c^42
e.m.c^42
Day-1 41:34
page 13 / orig tentative smol townlean on Vapor for activity and 'reads'...so early, lmao

Why am I the leading wagon, again? :d

It seems like just placeholders to make it look like they're doing something

e.m.c^42
Day-1 41:30
page 13 / orig but again, not that I mind xD
https://i.gifer.com/ITKq.gif

Percy Williams

#284 Post by Percy Williams » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:32 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 am
Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:02 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:05 am
What he is implying is that the town will gain more information by claiming while also giving mafia all the information.

Tit for tat kinda thing, instead more like tit for game if we do it.
I understand, but disagree. The mafia can just fakeclaim the Vt roles, and roles that can't prove themselves yet (like the stick bug, which is a cop around turn four or something), so we're doing five coin flips, while the Mafia team now knows exactly who to kill to ensure that they are coin flip probabilities. This also redefines the game in a way I consider to be less fun, and I want future crazy setups like this.
That is incorrect, the mafia would be forced to claim the exact 5 roles they have available for fake claims. Also, mass claiming has no impact on future games.
Can someone explain fakeclaims for me? Maybe there's something I fundamentally don't understand about provided fakeclaim roles.
But unless they are Mechanically forced to only fakeclaim from their list, they could fake any role where there is no way to prove until you die, or any sort of information finder role, since they will know literally everything (unless we have incorrect claims which undermines the whole thing. Here is a list of Roles Mafia could 100% fake as (unless the rules say they must only claim their given fake role):
1. Sloth (No power until it dies)
2. Eagle (Immunity means nothing as mafia)
3. Albatross (A fake for this doesn't need to tell who they love, as that info let's Mafia double kill, and if they do tell the only way to test is to kill them)
4. Crayfish (They lived past day one, no more ways to test it)
5. Naked mole rat (I've always said anyone could be a naked Mole Rat)
6. Pangolin (See above)
7. Okapi (VT)
8. Tortoise ( You can just "not have anything used on you to absorb")
9.Anglerfish ( The oracle only has proof once dead, and the whole point is to only kill Mafia)
10.Stick Insect (You can name any role if everyone has revealed, and the Mafia could also name a fake Mafia role as the real deal for combined chaos)
11. Harpy Eagle (VT)

11/21 Town roles can EASILY be faked by Mafia. There are other roles that could also be faked fairly easily, but I only included ones that could be faked with little to no effort that have no way of being prematurely discovered until after the flip.

And to clarify on why I mentioned future games, this could be interpreted as going against the spirit of the game, or if it does throw the game to town, then we'd have to have more rules, or different set ups, or get told of by the Mods... THE LOVELY KIND MODS, WHO WE ALL APPRECIATE :-D . I feel now isn't the time to act controversially.

But if I'm completely misunderstanding this, please tell me what a fakeclaim role actually is.

ItsHosuke

#285 Post by ItsHosuke » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 am

The mods gave me dugong bcuz I'm SE Asian :P

##Vote NoLynch

Vecna

#286 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:03 am

flash2015 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:25 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:24 pm
worcej tryna help emc hide
Could you write any smaller?
can I have a vig shot already to shoot the little people? fuckibg midgettalk

Vecna

#287 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:26 pm
Vecna will analyze all my posts for their value and give a scathing review mid phase. I better start playing well and get on his good side or im doomed.
making me zoom in on my phone has already accomplished that

Vecna

#288 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:16 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:11 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:31 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:13 pm
Lets do things different this game and everyone prepare a mission statement for what kind of town we think this town should be. what values shall we hold dear?
As much as you frequently make me laugh out loud, I would argue that your voluminous shitposting is something that you could avoid this game to help town solve. I realize it's probably a meta play on your part and you won't comply, but as worcej suggested, we need to be focused on solving, and I think a lot of your posts, even already in this game, are little incendiary shots that fuel emotions and not reason.

It would also be beneficial not to pointlessly drive up the page count so we can more easily analyze throughout the game.
This is a really Towny post from foodcoats, and while I normally love the long joke phase, I'm inclined to agree with him on this one. I'll do my best to keep my shining personality down. :-D
This is such a strange post on p4. the food coat pants post has nothibg specifically towny about it whatsoever. Its the typical type of post easily created by scum to look concerned about town wellbeing. and why singke out that forgettable post to begin with? after all the fox and worcej drivel that dominated those pages...

Vecna

#289 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:20 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:22 pm
This afternoon phase shift is going to cause me to be away for a lot of end of day shenanigans, but I’m excited to be back at the old mafia game! I need to finish reading all the other roles and get some semblance for how this game is gonna play out. Should be fun!

Brain, could you not make your text a smaller size? It’s hard to read while I speed my Camaro down the road at breakneck speeds.
chaqa is already strong scum, and this is exactly what barainyboy meant. awkward scum attempt at embracing old humor.

also, what else is new

Vecna

#290 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:23 pm
I really don't like whatever Worcej is playing at. Starting the game with two "Townslips" so bad, he would never do them as scum... or would he? I really hate this qigong play right out of the gate, and then acting as though he is Town leader after. I'm not saying he's for sure scum by any means, but I really don't like it either.
another post that feels forced to me. scum #2

Vecna

#291 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:22 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 pm
Chaqa wrote:
This afternoon phase shift is going to cause me to be away for a lot of end of day shenanigans, but I’m excited to be back at the old mafia game! I need to finish reading all the other roles and get some semblance for how this game is gonna play out. Should be fun!

Brain, could you not make your text a smaller size? It’s hard to read while I speed my Camaro down the road at breakneck speeds.
Chaqa is trying to get me to laugh and be relatable.
town chaqa would likely just be condescending or lay down a rvs.

http://www.mulletjunky.com/webimages/truckend.jpg

##vote Chaqa
good

Vecna

#292 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:22 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:31 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
I really don't like whatever Worcej is playing at. Starting the game with two "Townslips" so bad, he would never do them as scum... or would he? I really hate this qigong play right out of the gate, and then acting as though he is Town leader after. I'm not saying he's for sure scum by any means, but I really don't like it either.
hedging?
good

Vecna

#293 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:23 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:32 pm
Chaqa wrote:

I was going to post something in laughably big text, but you can't and I'm sad now.
awkward forced scum interaction?

this feels too easy, almost like im already confbiassing myself after three posts

Vecna

#294 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:24 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:35 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 pm
Ah crap brain, you got me.
chaqa after wolfchat told him he just got bbvoted
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LargeBadDartfrog-small.gif
excellent

Vecna

#295 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:26 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:38 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:31 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
hedging?
Yes.
He could be scum lampshading and convincing us he is really a Town, OR
He could be Town joking/ using an odd ball strategy to show he's Town, and help us look in the right direction.

I'm just too [pick one] Dumb/Inexperienced /Australian To know which one it is. I can recognize mind games though and wanted to call it out, and offer it up as an offering to more skilled players.
why is noonr freaking out over these posts and hammervoting this slot?

dont you guys remember what percy used to be like?

this is like a scumrobot sent from the future to enslave us all with archaic nonsense

Vecna

#296 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:30 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:51 pm
Also doesnt that give scum exactly the roles they know they gotta kill?
What roles do they have to kill? No town roles are so powerful that it is obvious.
shut up already you dumb bozo. If you really were so smart youd use this logic to solve your own proposed problem.

Any late claim to save your hide is an automatic scumclaim. easy.

now "kindly get out"* with your rediculous massclaim idea.

* this part was edited to be nicer than it originally was. it wasnt nice

Vecna

#297 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:34 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:21 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:13 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Doesn't Bozo do this kinda every game, though? I feel like this is a pretty weak play for scum in general.
id like you to repost this in the form of a non question.

the way youve written this looks like an admiral akbar trappost where If I say its NAI it just lets him out of it, and if I say hes scum- and im wrong youll be the first to say I shouldve known better

And what I really dont like is you ignored what I was saying by turning it into a meta argument in his favor. And.. while ill begrudginly admit yes he does do gimmicks like this, I find this one in particular to be a bit more sinister than usual.
1) I've gotten so much shit over so many games for having a hedgy playstyle that I'm not going to quit now.

2) Since when do you play hypotheticals about what people would do? You're good at coming up with potential motivations, but I don't recall you talking about people laying traps for you.

3) I don't need to address what you said because I already agreed with it.
booooring

Vecna

#298 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:38 am

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:51 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:32 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:22 pm
Right, so worcej wants to help emc hide from the prying eyes of town. :neutral:
Why are you such a glass half empty person? I am just saying making a push on emc to policy lynch on D1 because of his EOD behaviors in previous games is a little too soon.
I don't have any meta on emc, but irrespective of their previous games, their post is bizarre:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 pm
##vote e.m.c

now y'all can't yell at me ;p
This is absolutely useless. emc was on point to be the first poster in the game but neither plain shitposted nor voted randomly. Voting for yourself generates no information for the other players, but if people aren't looking carefully it could appear to exonerate you from the responsibility not to lurk. At a glance it makes you look active in the peterbot even though it is effectively not a real vote.

I think this is the scummiest play so far.

##VOTE e.m.c^42
bewildering.

Vecna

#299 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:39 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:56 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:14 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 pm
##vote e.m.c

now y'all can't yell at me ;p
Sigh. This makes me think you're doing it to protect your scum meta. :neutral:

Emc has to start creating a vote record that can be analyzed. In previous games, he's landed a single vote at the very end of the phase. He's claimed that this is because he can't make up his mind, but it worked pretty well as a scum strategy in M1007. Either he's doing it to protect his scum meta, or he's being too cautious and making it hard for the rest of town to read him.

Either way, it's not helpful to town, so I say we policy lynch emc until he starts plonking votes down at a more reasonable rate.

Vote early. Vote often. ##VOTE EMC
Not a bad idea. Maybe it'll get him to put a vote on someone else.

##VOTE EMC
extreme yikes.

this game is weird as fuck

Vecna

#300 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:39 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:59 pm
e.m.c^42 (3) e.m.c^42 Foxcastle foodcoats
Percy Williams (1) dargorygel
brainbomb (1) flash2015
Unvote (1) brainbomb
bozotheclown (1) Vaporwave

Just from the votecount, ##VOTE emc for voting for himself. I also don't like that brainbomb is unvoted.

Now I will start reading.
teacher, teacher, xorxes is being weird again