Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Carl Tuckerson

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#1321 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:01 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:59 pm
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:58 pm
Hey Durga. Why do you seem to mind bozo dying? I thought killing lurkers was your new year new me?
He has the second least number of posts
Right, primo lurker, yet she's on a very active ChippeRock?

Jamiet99uk

#1322 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:01 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.13

FlaviusAetius(6) - Balki Bartokomous, Dargorygel, Foxcastle, Moscowfleet, Tom Bombadil, TrPrado
bozotheclown(5) - Percy Williams, et, Damo666, Squiggs44, Carl Tuckerson
ChippeRock(3) - bozotheclown, EspressoPatronum, Durga
TrPrado(2) - FlaviusAetius, ChippeRock
CruaaderReynauld(2) - ND, Teacon7
teacon7(2) - connorcompton, Nephthys
Percy Williams(1) - xorxes
Foxcastle(1) - Rdrivera2005
No‑Lynch(1) - CruaaderReynauld

Unvoted: TrPrado (who must cast a valid vote by EoD)

FLAVIUS.A. is scheduled to be executed.

59 MINUTES REMAIN

Jamiet99uk

#1323 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:01 pm

##CORRECTION - TrPrado has now voted.

bozotheclown

#1324 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:02 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:54 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Hmm, funny, did I only start talking about being a VT when I was the lead wagon?

Good to see that you're still alive though bozo, though it's odd you would wait until the last hour to finally elaborate on your motives - coincidentally, you stopped lurking when you are one of the lead wagons (the same coincidence you're accusing me of you hypocrite!).

Idiot, if my role PM and the role PM from the game setup were the same, than there would be no rules violation - because they provide the exact same amount of information to others in the game.

Did you ever think that perhaps I stopped talking about it due to some private communication I received?
Why would the GMs tell you to stop talking about it if you did not break any rules?
At any point during your re-reading of my conversation with the others, did it ever occur to you that, if what I was doing was legal, it was borderline legal at best?
Is that your argument, that you were almost breaking the rules?

ChippeRock

#1325 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:02 pm

I don't think bozo is scum to be honest. Is he more scummy than Flav? For sure! But I will continue to hold out hoping that we can get a wagon on TrPrado or Durga (or even ND!). Those are the super scummy people in my opinion.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1326 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm

@Prado:

“This is the last of the high volume posters. Everyone else with more than 50 posts has already been covered. And for that detail he's also pretty low impact. Votes Chippe for no reason. Calls out Carl for not calling him out for not having a reason to vote for Chippe. Suggests that's scummy behavior. He spends a decent amount of time drawing attention to how he voted but not actually saying much. "I almost voted for [Durga]" "Can't be that big a sack of shit I didn't vote for [ND]." This behavior feels very baity.”

What is the point of this analysis? What have you learned. Is baity a townlean or scumlean. This shit looks like you are posting to post and I see no genuine desire to actually solve

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1327 Post by TrPrado » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:01 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Hey Durga. Why do you seem to mind bozo dying? I thought killing lurkers was your new year new me?
He has the second least number of posts
Right, primo lurker, yet she's on a very active ChippeRock?
Oh, definitely read that wrong, sorry.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1328 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:48 pm
Bozos argument against Chippe is flawed and he isn't talking about anything else. I'd much rather he went than Flav

##vote Bozo
That is very vague, can you tell me exactly where you think my argument is flawed?
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:55 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:51 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Bozos argument against Chippe is flawed and he isn't talking about anything else. I'd much rather he went than Flav

##vote Bozo
this is a bad vote imo.

why would you rather he go for flav? how is his argument on chippe flawed? he thinks chippe claimed "vt" for nefarious reasons, and he very much might be right about it. i agree with bozo that it's weird chippe just totally dropped it after the night was over... maybe a special someone told him to stop? just a thought but i certainly don't think bozo's argument is flawed enough to warrant this vote.
He thinks if Chippe were VT he would be modkilled, therefore Chippe cannot possibly be VT. This is just as flawed as Chippe thinking he could prove he was VT. You can't prove you someone is not VT for the same reason you can't prove you are VT.
If I was modkilled for posting my own role and not for posting others, I could mechanically confirm my own role by posting all of the other roles that aren't mine.

Durga

#1329 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm

for the record, i think Neph is scum because of this comment:
Well this game is fascinating gonna read the set up and have a close read when I get home.

Until then, scum is likely controlling the thread
he hasn't really properly read the thread and yet thinks scum is likely controlling it? what? this reeks of "i need to come up with something substantive to say but i don't know what"

then he says
Squigs really wants to control the thread... Don't necessarily think its AI but.. yikes
??? why is it yikes if its not AI

he also says
2. Did not know, just did not sense anyone really being particularly bothered. Whether or not scum were actually in control I sense that they were comfortable. Does that mean much? No. Scum start in control then it moves towards us as the game progresses.
i don't get this either - does Neph usually think this? i can't recall.

he also says he cant' really remember much about why he made the reads that he did - which shows a lack of attention to detail

then he votes teacon because... " He asked someone their experience in mafia. Then a few hours later asks some more people. I find this rather suspicious as why not ask everyone at the same time or when you think about it. I think that there is a higher chance of scum motivation behind him asking later."

Looks like more grasping at something random to try and scum read someone.

then he dips for the rest of the phase. looks like he doesn't know what to do and is now lurking bc of it

bozotheclown

#1330 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm

et wrote:
Durga wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:

##vote Bozo
this is a bad vote imo.

why would you rather he go for flav? how is his argument on chippe flawed? he thinks chippe claimed "vt" for nefarious reasons, and he very much might be right about it. i agree with bozo that it's weird chippe just totally dropped it after the night was over... maybe a special someone told him to stop? just a thought but i certainly don't think bozo's argument is flawed enough to warrant this vote.
Why bad? He obviously lied about reason of voting chip. He must scum I think.
Please point out where you think I have "obviously lied"?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1331 Post by TrPrado » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm
@Prado:

“This is the last of the high volume posters. Everyone else with more than 50 posts has already been covered. And for that detail he's also pretty low impact. Votes Chippe for no reason. Calls out Carl for not calling him out for not having a reason to vote for Chippe. Suggests that's scummy behavior. He spends a decent amount of time drawing attention to how he voted but not actually saying much. "I almost voted for [Durga]" "Can't be that big a sack of shit I didn't vote for [ND]." This behavior feels very baity.”

What is the point of this analysis? What have you learned. Is baity a townlean or scumlean. This shit looks like you are posting to post and I see no genuine desire to actually solve
Townlean. You didn't even read the whole thing :cry:

Foxcastle

#1332 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:04 pm

I'd believe that Bozo was just irritated at Chippe's ploy in the first 24 hours and the whole nonsense with the PM business, and voted Chippe to try to get him punted (i.e., policy lynch), but is too discreet to say that.

I think Bozo is a better player than he's been in this game (especially as scum/third party), and that makes me think he's town.

Durga

#1333 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:04 pm
I'd believe that Bozo was just irritated at Chippe's ploy in the first 24 hours and the whole nonsense with the PM business, and voted Chippe to try to get him punted (i.e., policy lynch), but is too discreet to say that.

I think Bozo is a better player than he's been in this game (especially as scum/third party), and that makes me think he's town.
scum bozo talks a lot about mechanics and tries to actually be pretty useful, or at least appear as such. this rashness and him not caring and tunnelling on chippe makes me also think he's town

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1334 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:05 pm

I read the whole thing Prado. I just don’t know why you felt the need to write it. You came to no conclusions, yet present things you find unusual.

ChippeRock

#1335 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:02 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

Why would the GMs tell you to stop talking about it if you did not break any rules?
At any point during your re-reading of my conversation with the others, did it ever occur to you that, if what I was doing was legal, it was borderline legal at best?
Is that your argument, that you were almost breaking the rules?
Interpret it any way you like, but how likely is the GM just going to straight up modkill someone out of the blue? Unless it's blatant, there would probably be a warning to try getting the behavior to stop first.

Carl Tuckerson

#1336 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 pm

Foxcastle wrote:

How do you conclude that someone who is playing worse than your expectations is town? Isn't that a prima facie case for him being mafia???

connorcompton

#1337 Post by connorcompton » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 pm

TrPrado wrote:

CruaaderReynauld:

This one should be a slam dunk. Mark this down as me being right once again. He comes in with the intention to abstain. When he's told he can't he wants to vote no lynch. He says that scum are probably the people who "seem confident about their vote" and says he wants to "see how people see him" so it's "best to not talk too much" which I'm going to break down piece by piece.

This mindset is one of scum. A new scum player, which I define as someone playing their first game on the site and draws scum in said game. Sure new town can be scared too. Sure new town can post less. But those aren't factors I'm looking at when I determine where he falls in how he falls in the criterion of Confidence in their early posts.

Does this player defer to the opinion of more experienced players?
Does this player think that it is better to take a back seat and allow more experienced players to drive the whole of discussion?
If the answer to both of the above is yes, then we've reeled in a player who behaves the way a new scum player does. And for Cruaader the answer to both of the above is yes.

The second criterion is...
Something the rest of town forgot and isn't yet something to look for so I'm keeping it close to my chest.
This is what I mean. He'll drop the predominantly scholarly* tone and move straight to opinions when he's sure to himself that he needs to pretend someone's scum.

I'm not convinced your scum, TrPrado, but stuff like this doesn't help. I know Cruaader has said he's not new, but being COMPLETELY CONVINCED that who you believed to be a new player is clearly scum is unacceptable.

FlaviusAetius

#1338 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 pm

TrPrado wrote:
EOD came really fast
Facts I thought I had a few extra hours

Durga

#1339 Post by Durga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

How do you conclude that someone who is playing worse than your expectations is town? Isn't that a prima facie case for him being mafia???
playing "worse" doesn't mean playing with an intent to deceive. i get that you're new but you need to try and separate bad play, or at least what you conceive as bad play, from play that is scummy or comes from the perspective of someone being scum.

bozotheclown

#1340 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:

##vote Bozo
That is very vague, can you tell me exactly where you think my argument is flawed?
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:55 pm
Durga wrote:

this is a bad vote imo.

He thinks if Chippe were VT he would be modkilled, therefore Chippe cannot possibly be VT. This is just as flawed as Chippe thinking he could prove he was VT. You can't prove you someone is not VT for the same reason you can't prove you are VT.
If I was modkilled for posting my own role and not for posting others, I could mechanically confirm my own role by posting all of the other roles that aren't mine.
I never said I thought he would be modkilled, only that he would be breaking a rule, and the GM responded to someone's question saying he had not broken any rules. The game is setup so that ChippeRock can't prove he is VT, that does not mean that ChippeRock can't prove he is not VT by making fake claims.