Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ChippeRock

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#481 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:38 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:35 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:24 am
Sorry darg, I'm trying not to break the rules again. But the clues are there - looking at my most cryptic posts should help you get onto the right track.
This discussion really isn’t the sort of discussion that should be in a game. If you already broke the rules, don’t keep referring to it. If there is some kind of exploit, don’t tell us to read the clues and find it. Nobody here wants to solve the game based on a GM mistake or a role PM exploit.
I wouldn't call the evidence that proves I'm a VT something that can solve the game...

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#482 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:40 am

Nothing to see here... I'm done wrapping my old brain around it. I guess I'll find out after the game.
Goodnight, humans.

teacon7

#483 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:40 am

catchup from pg 16-
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:37 pm
Using peterbot to iso yourself is so scummy though.
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:39 pm
What part of this wasn't clear? Now read my 7 posts (versus your 54) and try to understand my motivation behind making my posts.
@Chippe - I reread you and think it's not really all that alignment indicative. There could be lots of motivations for what you've said and not said.

@squigs - you really don't see what he's saying?

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:54 pm
can you chill and stop whining please. VT is the most fun role to play. and idk what you're trying to signal by focusing in on it and complaining but it's v irritating
Besides being irritating, what do you think Chippe is doing?

Carl Tuckerson

#484 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:42 am

TrPrado wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:37 am
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:32 am
et wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:23 am

@boz@Tom@Car
Please tell me reason of this vote.
Especially boz.
Just you vote without other words.
I can't read you are town or mafia.
I can’t speak for Tom, and given that multiple others are now saying his posts have not been good(?), I think I’ll keep my powder dry and let Tom explain his vote first.
So that we’re clear, I independently thought Prado was (and is) a good vote. I’ll prove it by saying the word “baseball” right now and explain how that word matters and why I think Prado is a good vote right now, after Tom explains.
I think he really wants to see you at least push me if you think I’m a good vote. A vote alone isn’t a push, and no one in the game has actually challenged me. If you think there’s something essential that needs to be voiced, do it. Don’t wait on Tom.
Nah, I think I will wait on Tom, since that would better help other players figure Tom out. I like to think that I’ve seen where Tom was going with his plays and that we’re on the same page, and I think he is town. But if it would be easier for other people to see that by having Tom explain himself, I will give him a chance to do so. Besides, maybe he will surprise me with something different.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#485 Post by TrPrado » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:42 am

That’s not the point Chippe. Stop talking about it in general. Whether you can verify anything or not, the spirit of the rules suggest that this is not a point that should be brought up ever. People used role PM’s in the past as a central argument tool and it derailed the whole game, which is why this stuff is included in the opening post in the first place.

Carl Tuckerson

#486 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:43 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:29 am
Now I am confused by something, Chippe. It sounds as though you found an exploit in the VT role PM that you think might be against the rules to use.

Is it against the rules to use the information you are trying to use?
If it’s not, why are you being coy about the information?
If it is, why are you using the information?
If it’s not clear, why not ask a moderator in private if it is against the rules to use the information you are trying to use?
I can post the evidence where you'll find the proof, but I can't imply that the specific piece(s) of evidence can be used to prove I'm a VT. You'll find it among my posts, but I can't direct you to it. Just look at all of my cryptic posts, and analyze my specific reasons behind each and every one of those posts.

Durga

#487 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:43 am

Besides being irritating, what do you think Chippe is doing?
apparently trying to break the rules instead of just trying to play and solve the game

i genuinely don't know.

et

#488 Post by et » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:44 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
et wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:23 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:30 am
##VOTE ChippeRock
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:03 am

Based. I’m in.

##VOTE TrPrado
@boz@Tom@Car
Please tell me reason of this vote.
Especially boz.
Just you vote without other words.
I can't read you are town or mafia.
I can’t speak for Tom, and given that multiple others are now saying his posts have not been good(?), I think I’ll keep my powder dry and let Tom explain his vote first.
So that we’re clear, I independently thought Prado was (and is) a good vote. I’ll prove it by saying the word “baseball” right now and explain how that word matters and why I think Prado is a good vote right now, after Tom explains.
Thanks.
I am looking forward to that.
How baseball is related this game?
Are you batter?
Are you going to band?
Or homerun!?

teacon7

#489 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:48 am

pg 17.
Ah. Squigs does see. w/e. I think Chippe's stuff is NAI at present, because he could be saying this stuff for lots of reasons.

@ND: yeah i'm a bit salty.

re: pg 18
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:17 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:33 pm

looking at the set up now, i don't think i properly understand the secretary. is this an encryptor? in which case, i imagine someone told flav this and he's v likely scum
The secretary gets to talk in the QT during day and night. I don't see the connection between an active day QT and an active Flav being scum.

Wouldn't the secretary be posting less in the forum because they're more active in the day QT?
Good questions. imo the secretary getst the chance to try to coordinate the scumteam, and is a hugely influential role. So if doesn't-know-balki-flav suddenly has information he wouldn't know without a scum secretary, then it's a scumslip on flav's part.

@flav - what leads you to think balki is any good at this game?

teacon7

#490 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:48 am

aaand I'm out. this is already too big a game :/

ChippeRock

#491 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:50 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:43 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:29 am
Now I am confused by something, Chippe. It sounds as though you found an exploit in the VT role PM that you think might be against the rules to use.

If it’s not, why are you being coy about the information?
If it is, why are you using the information?
If it’s not clear, why not ask a moderator in private if it is against the rules to use the information you are trying to use?
I can post the evidence where you'll find the proof, but I can't imply that the specific piece(s) of evidence can be used to prove I'm a VT. You'll find it among my posts, but I can't direct you to it. Just look at all of my cryptic posts, and analyze my specific reasons behind each and every one of those posts.
The information to prove I'm VT is already there. It was definitely not against the rules to provide the information I did.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#492 Post by TrPrado » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:52 am

If it’s not against the rules then it’s not proof.

Carl Tuckerson

#493 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:55 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:50 am
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

The information to prove I'm VT is already there. It was definitely not against the rules to provide the information I did.
Is it against the rules for you to spell out explicitly how the information you provided proves that you are VT?

Carl Tuckerson

#494 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:57 am

Actually, let’s try this another way.

I am also a VT. If everything is as you say, then I should be able to prove that I am VT the exact same way you are trying to do so. It would, in fact, be advantageous to town for me to prove that I am VT.
In fact, it would be advantageous to town for every single VT to prove, incontrovertibly, that they also are VT, using information already given to them in the game. Then all the mafia would have to counterclaim power roles and we would automatically win.

Given this is true, why aren’t you explicitly spelling out how all the VT in the game can prove that they are VT so we can solve this game on day 1?

ChippeRock

#495 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:58 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:55 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:50 am
Carl Tuckerson wrote:

Is it against the rules for you to spell out explicitly how the information you provided proves that you are VT?
It is against the rules for me to implicitly state how the information I provided proves I'm a VT.

ChippeRock

#496 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:00 am

TrPrado wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:52 am
If it’s not against the rules then it’s not proof.
I promise you, although it's tricky to find the information and how it proves I'm a VT, it does in fact prove I'm a VT.

Durga

#497 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:03 am

##vote chippe

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#498 Post by TrPrado » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:05 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:42 am
TrPrado wrote:
Carl Tuckerson wrote:

I think he really wants to see you at least push me if you think I’m a good vote. A vote alone isn’t a push, and no one in the game has actually challenged me. If you think there’s something essential that needs to be voiced, do it. Don’t wait on Tom.
Nah, I think I will wait on Tom, since that would better help other players figure Tom out. I like to think that I’ve seen where Tom was going with his plays and that we’re on the same page, and I think he is town. But if it would be easier for other people to see that by having Tom explain himself, I will give him a chance to do so. Besides, maybe he will surprise me with something different.
Alternatively, we still have well over 36 hours left before the very first phase processes. It would be better served to lay your own stuff on the table and react and try to glean information from that than it would be waiting for someone to try and convince other people that I’m the best vote option, especially when you can’t know 100% what their alignment is.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#499 Post by TrPrado » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:05 am

And watch me react, that is

ChippeRock

#500 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:07 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:03 am
##vote chippe
Could you please provide everybody with a reason (or reasons) on why you think I'm the most likely to be scum?