Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#361 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:28 am

I'm starting to get some town v town vibes in the Carl / Squiggs squabble

ND

#362 Post by ND » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:28 am

TrPrado wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:24 am
Since when?
LOL rite you haven't read anything over the past year or so you say. I guess this confirms that.

Durga

#363 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:29 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:17 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:33 pm

looking at the set up now, i don't think i properly understand the secretary. is this an encryptor? in which case, i imagine someone told flav this and he's v likely scum
The secretary gets to talk in the QT during day and night. I don't see the connection between an active day QT and an active Flav being scum.

Wouldn't the secretary be posting less in the forum because they're more active in the day QT?
What? This isn't about Flav being active. it's about his comment about Balki

EspressoPatronum

#364 Post by EspressoPatronum » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:29 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:26 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:19 am
ChippeRock wrote:

My motives are obvious, I'm trying to tell you (with proof), that I'm a Vanilla Townie. You can scan my messages and find the proof (well, at least a good portion of y'all can).
What do you think of the other players so far? Got any scumreads? Townreads?
Squiggs appears to be actively trying to pursue scum, this, along with his "gut reads" really makes his suspicious in my opinion. He's trying to base his reads off of basically nothing.

You & Carl, in my opinion, are acting like a town, and certainly appear to be trying to find the real scum rather than scapegoating people.
They're the only ones not trashing your cryptic gameplay. What a coincidence they're your town reads....

ChippeRock

#365 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:30 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:22 am
Please share you reads on someone else Chippee.

Even if you somehow have proof you are VT, pointing that out D1 is terrible town play anyway
Not really. If everyone definitively knows I'm a VT, than I won't be mislynched nor will Mafia NK me - as they have bigger fish to fry than a VT.

Durga

#366 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:30 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:28 am
I'm starting to get some town v town vibes in the Carl / Squiggs squabble
100% - just praying this doesn't turn into a xorx v teacon from last game

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#367 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:30 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

My motives are obvious, I'm trying to tell you (with proof), that I'm a Vanilla Townie. You can scan my messages and find the proof (well, at least a good portion of y'all can).
Squiggs appears to be actively trying to pursue scum, this, along with his "gut reads" really makes his suspicious in my opinion. He's trying to base his reads off of basically nothing.

You & Carl, in my opinion, are acting like a town, and certainly appear to be trying to find the real scum rather than scapegoating people.
Actively scumhunting is scummy?
I appreciate that you actually tried to justify your OMGUS vote though.

ND

#368 Post by ND » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

I mean, hard to argue with bold. Big observation right there dude.

ChippeRock

#369 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:29 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

They're the only ones not trashing your cryptic gameplay. What a coincidence they're your town reads....
Eureka, you've got me! Wait a second, why did Tom vote for me? Tom, you're not trashing my cryptic gameplay, take your vote off of me!

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#370 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:32 am

Okay, time to take a break from this game

ChippeRock

#371 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:33 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:30 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Actively scumhunting is scummy?
I appreciate that you actually tried to justify your OMGUS vote though.
LOL, I haven't voted yet idiot. Last time I was accused of OMGUS voting, that person actually turned out to be scum (Jamiet).

EspressoPatronum

#372 Post by EspressoPatronum » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:34 am

Durga wrote:
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:33 pm

looking at the set up now, i don't think i properly understand the secretary. is this an encryptor? in which case, i imagine someone told flav this and he's v likely scum
The secretary gets to talk in the QT during day and night. I don't see the connection between an active day QT and an active Flav being scum.

Wouldn't the secretary be posting less in the forum because they're more active in the day QT?
Balki on page 2: "I have 30 minutes left to solve the game before I have to go. More posting please."

Flav on page 3: "Ok, @Squigs, Balki said he has 30 minutes so that's fine if he's just going to give short reads, but I'd rather him just have a discussion, no one asked anyone to give reads so early
But why are you giving the reads? Off one statement?"

Is that what you're talking about?

ND

#373 Post by ND » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Even if you somehow have proof you are VT, pointing that out D1 is terrible town play anyway
Not really. If everyone definitively knows I'm a VT, than I won't be mislynched nor will Mafia NK me - as they have bigger fish to fry than a VT.
Lol I'm sorry I can't stop laughing at this post. U guys remember Jeff Kuta? Haha damn. This is Jeff Jr.

Carl Tuckerson

#374 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:37 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:25 am
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:16 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:06 am

So... confirmed tunneling.

Post 112 I asked him about reads, and he gave them 2 posts later. I don't personally have to interact with him all the time to scumread him, other people were interacting with him as well.

Where do I give off the vibe that I am "very confident he was scummy"? That certainly is not my feelings on Flavius, so I think you are misunderstanding me here.
He gave them, you called out the obvious fact that he had more scumreads than there were scum, then as far as I can tell you have not asked him any questions pertaining to those reads. If, by Post #192, he was "clearly" your "top scumread," why not question him on why he found the seven people he scumread to be scummy, either to exonerate him (if you subsequently become convinced he was town) or to build a credible case on him (if you remained convinced he was mafia)?

You called him your clear top scumread, I interpreted that to be confidence that he was scum. That's the vibe I got from that and where I got it from.

And don't poison the well with accusations of tunneling. If you think any of my questions or conclusions are unfair, say so and say why. I haven't asked you anything unfair and haven't treated you unfairly. I just don't buy what you're selling here.
I did not question him further because Balki, TrPrado, even Durga have questioned him furthered. I did not think that asking a fourth time would be productive. I really think its crazy you don't think I am asking enough questions when I have 65 posts in about 5 hours. I'm juggling multiple conversations at any given time.

Yes, he was my top scumread at a few hours into the game. That does not equal very confident scumread, that means that he is slight scum rather than very slight scum.

A) You admitted that you are only looking at me right now, so its confirmed tunnelling, not accusations of tunnelling. B) I did say that I think your conclusions are unfair and why - that has been the entirety of our conversation. I understand you don't agree with with my read of Flav, but I don't understand why you are misconstruing things I say and ignoring other people's comments.
Quit playing games.

It doesn’t matter how many posts you have per hour. It matters that Flavius was your top scum read and you didn’t meaningfully question his reads. A townie who earnestly believes a given player to be his top scumread will be questioning that top scumread’s list of reads to get more information about the game. You continued interacting with him after he posted the list but did not ask such questions.

Why even use the term “top scumread” if you mean it to be “slight scum”? You can see why that would be very confusing. People typically don’t bother announcing that they have a “slight scum read.”

Only looking at you at the moment is not tunneling. Tunneling is an irrational hyper focus on one player and a deliberate interpretation of everything he says as mafia. All I did was choose to investigate a player who I find to be quite active and yet not to have good or town-motivated reasons for what he is doing. I can and will choose to question other people later, after I’m satisfied with this.

If you think I’m being unfair, point out, with specifics, what I’m being unfair about and why. And don’t use generalities like “I’ve posted a lot and asked a lot of questions” when my beef is with your specific behavior in one interaction with one person. Match specifics with specifics if you want to satisfy my questions. Don’t complain I’m being unfair if I find generalized responses to specific criticisms unconvincing.

Durga

#375 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:37 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:34 am
Durga wrote:
EspressoPatronum wrote:

Balki on page 2: "I have 30 minutes left to solve the game before I have to go. More posting please."

Flav on page 3: "Ok, @Squigs, Balki said he has 30 minutes so that's fine if he's just going to give short reads, but I'd rather him just have a discussion, no one asked anyone to give reads so early
But why are you giving the reads? Off one statement?"

Is that what you're talking about?
No. Flav made a comment on Balki being smart or something, but they've never played together

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#376 Post by TrPrado » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:39 am

ND wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Lol I'm sorry I can't stop laughing at this post. U guys remember Jeff Kuta? Haha damn. This is Jeff Jr.
I'm 100% Vanilla Townie Confirmed (TM)

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#377 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:39 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

You realize this is a team game...right?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#378 Post by TrPrado » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:42 am

I've gotta keep Carl and Chippe straight in my head. They have very similar names, but Carl is the one I townread.

ChippeRock

#379 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:43 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:39 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

You realize this is a team game...right?
Yes. The benefit of knowing (definitively, which there is definitive evidence for my being a VT) I'm a VT is that I don't get mislynched - which means a higher chance of town lynching scum. It's a win-win.

xorxes

#380 Post by xorxes » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:45 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Mafia NKing VTs is good for town, as a VT you want to draw the Mafia NK, not escape from it.