Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#301 Post by xorxes » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:37 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:29 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:44 pm
Eleven Vanilla Townies should have received, word for word, the following message:
You are a spectator of the courtroom, also known as a Vanilla Townie! Each day you must vote for a suspect. You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.
You know who you are!
Squiggs, you got a scum read off of this and worcej's role PM quote? I think you should re-read all of my posts - perhaps you should consider my motives behind my posts when reading me as town or scum rather than rushing your reads and merely glancing over my posts.
Using peterbot to iso yourself is so scummy though.

Durga

#302 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:38 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:35 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:14 pm
I will insta-hipfire-Day vig anyone who is telling jokes for "town morale." I don't like my town feeling all happy. I like my town starving and afraid.
Remind me never to go to a party with Balki...
naw he's fun and does tequila shots under social pressure. clearly he's lying and therefore scum

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#303 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:38 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:33 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:27 pm
@Durga, so, did you actually think that mafia might have day chat in this game? Did you read that some place, or just say that generally without any particular background?

Also, @Flavius, I do want to know where you are getting your #balkibackground. Have we met? Sorry if I am forgetting you (or anyone else). There are just so many of all of you, and only one of me.
i said it generally without looking at the set up. i don't look at set ups. it's the kind of weird comment that i don't know where he would get from unless someone explicitly told him that you're smart and whatever. i don't remember someone saying that in the sign up thread although i didn't read most of it.

looking at the set up now, i don't think i properly understand the secretary. is this an encryptor? in which case, i imagine someone told flav this and he's v likely scum
Not quite an encryptor. The secretary can post in the qt during the day, but his teammates cannot.

Durga

#304 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:39 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:38 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:33 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:27 pm
@Durga, so, did you actually think that mafia might have day chat in this game? Did you read that some place, or just say that generally without any particular background?

Also, @Flavius, I do want to know where you are getting your #balkibackground. Have we met? Sorry if I am forgetting you (or anyone else). There are just so many of all of you, and only one of me.
i said it generally without looking at the set up. i don't look at set ups. it's the kind of weird comment that i don't know where he would get from unless someone explicitly told him that you're smart and whatever. i don't remember someone saying that in the sign up thread although i didn't read most of it.

looking at the set up now, i don't think i properly understand the secretary. is this an encryptor? in which case, i imagine someone told flav this and he's v likely scum
Not quite an encryptor. The secretary can post in the qt during the day, but his teammates cannot.
so its possible that a scum buddy posted in the qt that balkins is smart

otherwise, i want to hear exactly where flav got that idea from

ChippeRock

#305 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:39 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:32 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:
Eleven Vanilla Townies should have received, word for word, the following message:

You know who you are!
Squiggs, you got a scum read off of this and worcej's role PM quote? I think you should re-read all of my posts - perhaps you should consider my motives behind my posts when reading me as town or scum rather than rushing your reads and merely glancing over my posts.
Have you read all of my posts?
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:43 pm
Okay, I've read up on everything
What part of this wasn't clear? Now read my 7 posts (versus your 54) and try to understand my motivation behind making my posts.

Durga

#306 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:40 pm

@gm - i'm very sad you did not make matt engarde a mafia goon

ChippeRock

#307 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:43 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:37 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

You know who you are!
Using peterbot to iso yourself is so scummy though.
Being cryptic isn't scummy. In fact, that's probably the dumbest thing scum can do - even I'm not that stupid.

I suggest you try to understand my motivations behind the posts that's giving Squiggs a scum read.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#308 Post by TrPrado » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:45 pm

Ugh if there's a scummy that can post in their QT during the day then I can't go to my fun dichotomy of how to read new players as easily

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#309 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:45 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:39 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

ChippeRock wrote:
What part of this wasn't clear? Now read my 7 posts (versus your 54) and try to understand my motivation behind making my posts.
If you truly have read all of my posts than you would know that I am trying to read everyone off of their first post or two as an experiment.

So far, in all 8 of your post, you have:
  • Answered questions about your meta
  • Reposted game mechanics
  • Defended yourself
Your motivation behind making your posts? You are trying to post without scumhunting. You are trying to make people believe you are a VT.

That lines up with the motivations of scum, so yeah, I'm happy with my scumread of you.

##Vote ChippeRock

Carl Tuckerson

#310 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:48 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:24 pm
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:21 pm
To elaborate, I think your concern makes a lot of sense if we are 3-4 days into the game and he is still naming too many scumreads and he is still giving reads disconnected from each other.
Demanding that his scumreads all make sense together 4 hours into the game is a bit much for me. It’s entirely too early to be able to conduct that kind of analysis.
He should be working toward it, and I dislike that he left without explaining his reads list, but I don’t think this is a fair critique of him.
But that's not my main reason for scumreading him at all.

He has been defensive and cares too much about what other people think. He isn't solving, he is pleasing people.
I didn’t say it was. It is a critique you made which didn’t sit right with me at all.

So far your case on Flavius has been:
- He’s defensive in reaction to criticism
- He “lied” about your read on Foxcastle
- He is thinking about individuals and not a team

I think one of these things is not true, and none of these are inherently scummy behavior. People, especially young people like Flavius and especially newer players, get flustered and defensive when criticized, regardless of alignment.

If you don’t like Flavius’s reads, why can’t I find you asking him any questions about them to figure out his alignment?

And despite calling him scummy repeatedly you will not vote for him. And now you have moved onto an easy bait lynch. I don’t buy it.

##VOTE: Squigs44

ChippeRock

#311 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:49 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:45 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:39 pm
Squigs44 wrote:

ChippeRock wrote:
If you truly have read all of my posts than you would know that I am trying to read everyone off of their first post or two as an experiment.

So far, in all 8 of your post, you have:
  • Answered questions about your meta
  • Reposted game mechanics
  • Defended yourself
Your motivation behind making your posts? You are trying to post without scumhunting. You are trying to make people believe you are a VT.

That lines up with the motivations of scum, so yeah, I'm happy with my scumread of you.

##Vote ChippeRock
For people that were so adept at picking up Jamiet was scum in my last game (when I +1ed), you guys are sure having a tough time understanding my messages... You guys sure are dense.

Carl Tuckerson

#312 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:50 pm

Speaking of bait lynch.

Why are you voting for ChippeRock, Squigs? I thought you didn’t move your vote around casually?
Chippe already has at least one vote on him (Tom Bombadil) and no one likes his shtick. He’s getting plenty of pressure. Why are you voting ChippeRock now when you were so reticent to vote for Flavius?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#313 Post by TrPrado » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:51 pm

I haven't played in like a year. Please stop discussing games that have happened since then.

ChippeRock

#314 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:52 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:30 pm
ROLE PM’s

VT: “You are a spectator of the courtroom, also known as a Vanilla Townie! Each day you must vote for a suspect. You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.”
This just feels like such a short message compared to those who got an important role in this game...

Durga

#315 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:54 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:52 pm
worcej wrote:
ROLE PM’s

VT: “You are a spectator of the courtroom, also known as a Vanilla Townie! Each day you must vote for a suspect. You win when all the Mafia have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.”
This just feels like such a short message compared to those who got an important role in this game...
can you chill and stop whining please. VT is the most fun role to play. and idk what you're trying to signal by focusing in on it and complaining but it's v irritating

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#316 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:55 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:50 pm
Speaking of bait lynch.

Why are you voting for ChippeRock, Squigs? I thought you didn’t move your vote around casually?
Chippe already has at least one vote on him (Tom Bombadil) and no one likes his shtick. He’s getting plenty of pressure. Why are you voting ChippeRock now when you were so reticent to vote for Flavius?
This post is strange. I literally gave no reasons for my vote for Chippee, yet you question Squiggs who actually laid out a reason? Seems like you are searching for reasons to question/scumread someone rather that organically questioning people as the thoughts come into you mind.

Scummy indeed.

Percy Williams

#317 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:56 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 pm
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:10 pm
Squigs, I butchered a quoted response to you a few pages back. You might have missed it.

What did you mean when you said that Flavius “was reading people as individuals, not thinking about the game as a whole”?
I kinda touched on this in a response to Balki, but I can elaborate a bit more.

If Flavius was solving the game as a whole, he would be asking the question "Which 6 people are most likely to be the scum team". This would give him the correct number of scumreads in his reads list, and he would be looking at not just isolated posts, but interactions between people, defending, distancing, bussing, etc.

Reading people as individuals is focusing more on reading them post by post and not caring about how they interact with people. You sort someone's alignment independent of your read on other people. This is how someone could end up with too many scumreads.

Scum are much more likely to read people as individuals than solve the game as a whole.
Can somebody review Squigs's gut reads to see how many are scum?

ChippeRock

#318 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:56 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:54 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:52 pm
worcej wrote:
ROLE PM’s

can you chill and stop whining please. VT is the most fun role to play. and idk what you're trying to signal by focusing in on it and complaining but it's v irritating
Is that what I'm doing? Urgh, why is it so hard for people to understand!

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#319 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:56 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:48 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:24 pm
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:21 pm
To elaborate, I think your concern makes a lot of sense if we are 3-4 days into the game and he is still naming too many scumreads and he is still giving reads disconnected from each other.
Demanding that his scumreads all make sense together 4 hours into the game is a bit much for me. It’s entirely too early to be able to conduct that kind of analysis.
He should be working toward it, and I dislike that he left without explaining his reads list, but I don’t think this is a fair critique of him.
But that's not my main reason for scumreading him at all.

He has been defensive and cares too much about what other people think. He isn't solving, he is pleasing people.
I didn’t say it was. It is a critique you made which didn’t sit right with me at all.

So far your case on Flavius has been:
- He’s defensive in reaction to criticism
- He “lied” about your read on Foxcastle
- He is thinking about individuals and not a team

I think one of these things is not true, and none of these are inherently scummy behavior. People, especially young people like Flavius and especially newer players, get flustered and defensive when criticized, regardless of alignment.

If you don’t like Flavius’s reads, why can’t I find you asking him any questions about them to figure out his alignment?

And despite calling him scummy repeatedly you will not vote for him. And now you have moved onto an easy bait lynch. I don’t buy it.

##VOTE: Squigs44
I'm a bit confused. You are criticizing me for scumreading Flavius too much for the reasons I have given. But you are also criticizing me for not scumreading Flavius enough to vote him.
I did ask Flavius about his reads, he answered me and then left to go to dinner. Others have asked him questions that are outstanding right now and put pressure on him, so I think that those interactions will help me to figure out his alignment better as well.
It seems to me that you are voting me because you disagree with my read of Flavius more than anything else. What motivation does scum Squigs have for pushing Flavius early and then backing off and moving elsewhere?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#320 Post by TrPrado » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:57 pm

Isn't the point of flavor PM's being listed in the OP so that we don't discuss it in the middle of the game?