Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#2581 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:22 pm

something better change

damo666

#2582 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:23 pm

I said something better change

damo666

#2584 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:36 pm

Well that was a change

brainbomb

#2585 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:39 pm

I think Vecna asked me enough questions he should reasonably be defending me by now. It seems odd he isnt talking today. I wanna say hes town for his catchup posts.

Im just a bit sad to see him not do one today.

rivera did! but I also disliked his dip in and dip out. It felt like he saw the only person to talk to was me and its disadvantageous to even engage me. Implying im causing a divide or harping about a divide that doesnt exist.

then vanishes.

I mean the divide is not a big deal, because the newer faces here are not that much newer than neph, or foodcoats.

I like e.m.c just because hes really across the board putting effort in. I kinda feel like e.m.c doesnt know what scum do. So he is trying to learn what WE as players do. And thats a herculean task to try to understand people.

Vaporwave does seem a little more superficial but doing the same thing as e..mc
so I find it interesting that we have these two. I wanna say both are town. Vapor because he has asked probing questions.

As for Crimson I wanna say after tonight hes town. I dont think he is actually playing mafia yet. He isnt pushing himself to lead or to do things.

LordQuas is trying WAYYYY too hard to dictate the games flow. He isnt listening and hes steering the game in a strange way.

DoubtingThomas is doing EXACTLY what Lord Quas is doing but in a way creepier way. I dont think both DT and LQ have to be scum together but its possible.

Moscow intruiges me. I wanna say hes scum here. Ive caught him before and this has eeerie shades of the game I was cop

xorxes

#2586 Post by xorxes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:43 pm

OK, ##vote bozo

D1 votes for CFox "as long as they are voting for themselves" and when I say that's not much of a pressure vote he says he didn't say he would change his vote once they stop voting for themselves, which may technically be true but not what his words suggested.

D2 votes brainbomb for calling the desperado to shoot him because he had a scan on him, even though it was obvious to everyone that bb was bsing as usual. Understandable that he would be annoyed by bb doing that, but hardly worth wasting time on.

Then he goes back to CFox now because he might have been saved D1, which is plausible on vote dynamics but unlikely unless there's reason to think CFox is scummier than thdfrance, which I don't think there is.

Then he votes for me because I say I might vote for him (I hadn't made up my mind yet) and I should have voted for him immediately.

In addition, he has posted way less than he usually does, none of his usual mechanics analysis.

brainbomb

#2588 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:47 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:44 pm
those curious about who's cop need to

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads ... -gif-7.gif
Yes.
give this guy a cupcake

brainbomb

#2589 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:48 pm

thamrick stop lurking youre scaring me. I wanna hear reads on ghug, vecna, jamie, and moscow

thamrick

#2590 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:23 am
beautiful N1 peek: e.mc42

Secure town fortress: bomb/Cfox/Thomas/ghug/Jamie/LQ/Moscow/Raging/rivera/Tom/Vecna

Walking on a bridge: damo/RHK, xorxes

Scummy pool: bozo/Neph/Ezio/dargoyle/peter/thamrick/france
Do you really think that ALL of the high volume posters are town right now?

xorxes

#2591 Post by xorxes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm

People that should not be lynched today because they are probably town: Ezio, emc, Nephthys, damo, DT

People that should not be lynched because they are nullish but may still be town: Tom B., rivera, LordQ, Vecna, ghug (only lynch if they claim scum).

People that are probably town but you may lynch if you wish: bb, Jamiet, CFox, Vaporwave

People that I don't remember anything about: Ike, Moscow, thamrick, dargo, RHK, peterlund

People that are good lynches: bozo, thdfrance

I think that's everyone. If I left someone out it was fully intentional and should be scrutinized in great detail.

thamrick

#2592 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:48 pm
thamrick stop lurking youre scaring me. I wanna hear reads on ghug, vecna, jamie, and moscow
Sorry sweet brainbomb.

In return, can you stop acting like no one ever listens to you? Sure, no one follows each and every one of your theories, but plenty of people, myself included, take you on good faith each game.

I'll get you those reads, but essentially, I've got ghug and Vecna as strong town, jamie as townlean, and MF as mostly null

thamrick

#2593 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:02 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:58 pm
brainbomb - probably scum - doesn't feel right. Time will tell... 389 fake claims later.

ghug - town - quite possibly the only game where I've felt very in-line with what ghug is thinking. Probably means he's scum.
Hey Thamrick, you mind explaining how youre shading me for fake claiming when ghug also fake claimed?
If by shading you, you mean stating the well known and self-admitted fact that you love to fake-claim, regardless of role, sure.

You're better than this. ghug's fake claim was a claim of a guilty on D1 which obviously wasn't a true claim.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2594 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:11 pm

Brain I vanished because I wasn't online, if you want to talk with me I am now around.
I do think you are town and I read your cases and consider it. I understand what you said about Ghug but I think that after being myslinched D1 last game he is probably trying to play differently. I don't give a free pass to him, but don't want to lunch him today. I townread you, so my remarks were just to try to avoid bringing the webdip x mu to this game, which I don't think is good.
I liked CFox a lot better lately so I am down to ##vote Dargo. I will also not mind lynching Bozo or Vaporware, his defense of Brain seems faked like he know Brain is town.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2595 Post by peterlund » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:16 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 pm
I am dissapoint with these wagons

##Vote ND kill the rudest player
LQ seems to have saved France D1 with 3 minutes to go with this shit-vote. ##vote LQ.

Continue reading...

thamrick

#2596 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:40 pm

Darg on a couple occasions makes some pretty sweeping mischaracterizations.

The original exchange.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:53 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:25 pm
So I’m thinking that our three wagons were town. There wasn’t enough (or any) panic at EoD if we had scum in the gallows.

I also think that those who DID some half-hearted switching at the end were town. Scum would, seeing that the gallows were all townies, just stick out where they were. No reason to draw attention.

My town list then, are:
ND (duh)
Crimson Fox
THDFrance

Emc
Vecna
Thamrick
Lord Quas
Flash
Tom Bombadil
Jamie

(this uses a somewhat arbitrary but reasonable last half hour cut off)

My would lynch tomorrow list, then is composed of:
Ike
Damo
Demon
Vapor
Nephthys
RDRivera
This analysis is so shitty and based on mechanics instead of doing real analysis that I am starting to think Dargo is scum again.

Now back to what is really important: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BSmVQctHj4FjziUG6
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:48 pm
Does anyone besides Rdrivera think that analysing the vote is AI? Because, really, isn't that a lot more helpful than random Meta guesses?
Darg here is mischaracterizing rdr's complaint that darg's original VC analysis lacked depth beyond just looking at who moved as an attempt to discredit VCA in general. He then follows it with a vote on rdr

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:26 pm
Damo was on my lynchable list… and he caught my attention when complaining about shitposts, but today spent more time guessing acronyms and one-lining. But his vote on the brain, after damo stated that he had no case on anyone (and asked for someone to persuade him, which no one had…) hit me wrong. And when I noted that this vote gives us a three way tie, I am happy to switch to him.
##VOTE damo666
If you read damo up to this point (p.119), you'll see that darg is completely ignoring posts with analysis and questions damo is asking today.

To me, it looks more like darg is seeking to give credence to the reads list he posted rather than reacting to what is happening and adapting his reads to that info.

damo666

#2597 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:39 pm
I think Vecna asked me enough questions he should reasonably be defending me by now. It seems odd he isnt talking today. I wanna say hes town for his catchup posts.

Im just a bit sad to see him not do one today.

rivera did! but I also disliked his dip in and dip out. It felt like he saw the only person to talk to was me and its disadvantageous to even engage me. Implying im causing a divide or harping about a divide that doesnt exist.

then vanishes.

I mean the divide is not a big deal, because the newer faces here are not that much newer than neph, or foodcoats.

I like e.m.c just because hes really across the board putting effort in. I kinda feel like e.m.c doesnt know what scum do. So he is trying to learn what WE as players do. And thats a herculean task to try to understand people.

Vaporwave does seem a little more superficial but doing the same thing as e..mc
so I find it interesting that we have these two. I wanna say both are town. Vapor because he has asked probing questions.

As for Crimson I wanna say after tonight hes town. I dont think he is actually playing mafia yet. He isnt pushing himself to lead or to do things.

LordQuas is trying WAYYYY too hard to dictate the games flow. He isnt listening and hes steering the game in a strange way.

DoubtingThomas is doing EXACTLY what Lord Quas is doing but in a way creepier way. I dont think both DT and LQ have to be scum together but its possible.

Moscow intruiges me. I wanna say hes scum here. Ive caught him before and this has eeerie shades of the game I was cop
Wow. A sensible post from brain. Join me on LQ. Jamie ain't gonna fly.

damo666

#2598 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:59 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm
People that should not be lynched today because they are probably town: Ezio, emc, Nephthys, damo, DT

People that should not be lynched because they are nullish but may still be town: Tom B., rivera, LordQ, Vecna, ghug (only lynch if they claim scum).

People that are probably town but you may lynch if you wish: bb, Jamiet, CFox, Vaporwave

People that I don't remember anything about: Ike, Moscow, thamrick, dargo, RHK, peterlund

People that are good lynches: bozo, thdfrance

I think that's everyone. If I left someone out it was fully intentional and should be scrutinized in great detail.
you intentionally omitted yourself

Jamiet99uk

#2599 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:01 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:20 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:19 am
theres more than enough evidence to justify ghug being lynched now after his atrocious untowny day 1. so his scumteam would maybe be Jamie given that ghug ACTUALLY finds jamie scummy but doesnt seem to pursue it
Jamie, Tom, ghug, bozo are acting in harmonious patterns. so there could be 4 wolves in that
What do you mean "harmonious patterns"? Tom is scumreading me and pushing my lynch despite having one or two stronger scumread(s) than me. Hardly harmony.

Jamiet99uk

#2600 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:03 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:58 am
damo666 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:38 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:14 am
Im to the point where im not even reading. I skip entire sections of pages and just look at the VC to guide me
and you vote thamrick .... :eyeroll:
not sure what you mean, thamrick has about 8 posts all game, none of which advanced the game at alk
This is highly suspect.

Brainbomb claims he is basing his vote by just looking at the Vote Count.

At that point his vote was on Thamrick and, when questioned, he said his thamrick vote was due to thamrick's low participation. So, nothing to do with the Vote Count he'd just said, a moment before, was his guide.

Brainbomb looks very fake here.

##VOTE BRAINBOMB