Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#1061 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:56 am

Nephthys wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:54 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:50 am
Like, what the actual brainbomb is going on here? How is everyone voting for me? Am I misunderstanding something here? The hider dies if he targets scum, right?
If Rdr hid behind scum he died
He told us if he dies then to kill you
Therefore he hid behind you
Therefore you are scum

What is the issue here?
Why would Rdrivera hide behind his top scumread? That's just awful play, and Rdrivera is better than that. How has no one even brought that up?

Foxcastle

#1062 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:59 am

Nephthys wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:55 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:53 am
Nephthys wrote:

Even I can answer that for you...

To progress what you have in line next I will,

Squigs is all but conf scum. Therefore its an easy way for him to get deathproof
And that helps town... how?
What part?

RHK getting deathproof? Well if he's town....
Me answering your question? To move things on

Regardless we either kill a conf scum or try our luck on someone who I beleive only 2-3 have on our radars.

I dont see there being any discussion re lynch target.

I think we need to decide whether or not we want to activate the commuter today and look ahead at the other conditional roles
Yeah, I'm still interested in his thinking here. Because you notice how the whole "how does this help town" question didn't get a real answer.

We didn't need the gladiator to lynch Squigs (##VOTE SQUIGS, btw). So... I want to know why DemonRHK played it this way.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1063 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:01 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:59 am
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:55 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:53 am

And that helps town... how?
What part?

RHK getting deathproof? Well if he's town....
Me answering your question? To move things on

Regardless we either kill a conf scum or try our luck on someone who I beleive only 2-3 have on our radars.

I dont see there being any discussion re lynch target.

I think we need to decide whether or not we want to activate the commuter today and look ahead at the other conditional roles
Yeah, I'm still interested in his thinking here. Because you notice how the whole "how does this help town" question didn't get a real answer.

We didn't need the gladiator to lynch Squigs (##VOTE SQUIGS, btw). So... I want to know why DemonRHK played it this way.
RHK getting invincibility helps him whether he is town or scum... duh!

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1064 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:03 am

So If I'm gonna die, at least let me put together a few cases for you guys. Give me at least an hour or two. You're gonna have to kill RHK D4.

LordQuas

#1065 Post by LordQuas » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:07 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:56 am
Nephthys wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
Like, what the actual brainbomb is going on here? How is everyone voting for me? Am I misunderstanding something here? The hider dies if he targets scum, right?
Therefore you are scum

What is the issue here?
Why would Rdrivera hide behind his top scumread? That's just awful play, and Rdrivera is better than that. How has no one even brought that up?
if you make it public knowledge who you're hiding behind like that it's actually very good hider play

trading your life for a wolf's is good value

brainbomb

#1066 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:07 am

VOTE TALLY 2.1
modbot:

Squigs44 (11) worcej* Nephthys dargorygel RagingIke297 bozotheclown DemonRHK flash2015 damo666* CrimsonFox* LordQuas* Foxcastle

DemonRHK (0)

End-votes (4/7) worcej damo666 CrimsonFox LordQuas

Non-votes
DoubtingThomas
Jamiet99uk
Squigs44
Vecna

455 hours remain in Day 2
Squiggs has a date with destiny

Foxcastle

#1067 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:09 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:07 am
VOTE TALLY 2.1
modbot:

Squigs44 (11) worcej* Nephthys dargorygel RagingIke297 bozotheclown DemonRHK flash2015 damo666* CrimsonFox* LordQuas* Foxcastle

DemonRHK (0)

End-votes (4/7) worcej damo666 CrimsonFox LordQuas

Non-votes
DoubtingThomas
Jamiet99uk
Squigs44
Vecna

455 hours remain in Day 2
Squiggs has a date with destiny
CALL GM: Isn't it 8 votes (of 15) for majority to end?

brainbomb

#1068 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:10 am

8 votes will hammer.

Foxcastle

#1069 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:13 am

I'm logging off. Again, it's worth taking the time to discuss and it's not going to hurt to wait 20 hours, so we don't need to end vote.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1070 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:18 am

LordQuas wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:07 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:56 am
Nephthys wrote:

Therefore you are scum

What is the issue here?
if you make it public knowledge who you're hiding behind like that it's actually very good hider play

trading your life for a wolf's is good value
Lol I was gonna get lynched anyway, and Rdrivera knows that. What Rdrivera probably did was target a townread, hoping to build up two or three townreads and help town before he tried something like a suicide cop scan.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1071 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 am

I'm starting with a reread of RHK, so Ill give you quotes that build the case piece by piece.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:26 am
I have a wild rabbit hole appearing here.

@CrimsonFox: How does the karma thing in this game work?

I can't see jamie being scum here. If he was I've have expected a full blown meltdown at BB for the setup by now with the level of suspicion on him. (No offense Jamie, just what I think would happen)

Squigs seems really sold on his two read 5 hours in...(pot, kettle on my Jamie read I know)

Xorx is commentating the game rather than solving it, and I don't like it.
His question to CFox is scummy in the way he words it, although this makes me think that CFox probably isnt scum if RHK is, I don't see RHK bussing CFox with a deceptive question.

His observation on Jamie is completely balogne, everyone knows that Jamiet is more calm when he is scum and more prone to meltdowns as town.

I honestly have no clue what his comment on me is supposed to mean.

His read on Xorx is worded strangely, and doesn't really fit.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1072 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:45 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm
@Squigs:

1) Yes, that is the one. Though my townread of his is slipping since two of his top scumreads are me and my top scumread.

2) First that green color is god awful. Second I feel I can tell town from scum Jamie. I feel his scumgame is much more calculated and methodical than this has been. His focus has been all over the place, testing everyone so to speak.

3) I feel like there was a sudden change in Crimson's posting. He also asked about the +1 system, was never answered, but never brought it back up. Now unless I'm nuts, I thought BB said there was day chat for scum. If so, I think the was coaching/ghostwriting going on for Crimson.
I still don't get how Nephthys post is townie. Like, he literally just commented on mechanics.

Didn't you say you thought Jamie was town because if he was scum he would blow up in frustration? Now his scum game is calculated and methodical? WTF?

Now you are showing disappointment because your trap on CFox didn't work. Also, that is a weird way to word that you knew there was daychat. Why not look it up to make sure? Probably because you already were sure there was daychat after using it.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1073 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:48 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:14 pm
Sorry I missed EoN, am on the bus home.

@Neph: I explained my Crimson read when I mentioned the maf day chat. I think he had a sudden tonality change that indicates he was coached.
You pointed out a change in tone, but never actually gave any examples or description. What was his original tone, his new tone, and what was the point of sudden change?

LordQuas

#1074 Post by LordQuas » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:51 am

squigs do you know how hider works lol

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1075 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:54 am

Demon never has a reads list, so this is the best thing I could find as far as him trying to peg scum.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:43 pm
Not shooting would be a mistake, that's not a good thing to advise imo.

Ike, the gun is in your hands. I would lean to shooting Crimson, ghug, maybe a hard lurk like DrC, Thomas, or Ezio.
He makes a shallow vague case on CFox, and almost no other scumhunting. His "shotlist" happens to contain 3 conf town. The other two are CFox and DT, and I already pointed out that CFox probably isn't a scummate option. If RHK is scum, then DT would be his only teammate he would have "bussed" and it would have been a weak bus at that.

Given his vote for ghug without any reasoning that I could find, and the fact that he was willing to tie it so late to deadline with his vote, FoxCastle would be a good option for a teammate.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1076 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:57 am

LordQuas wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:51 am
It's like a suicide cop. You choose someone, and if you are alive, that person is town. If you die, that person is scum. So why would you try to die day one? When you are a cop, if you get a scum scan night one, you don't claim right away unless you are in danger. Why? Because three or four scans is much better than one scan. Same principle applies here. Why would you go for just one scan when you can get three or four?

LordQuas

#1077 Post by LordQuas » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:59 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:57 am
LordQuas wrote:
It's like a suicide cop. You choose someone, and if you are alive, that person is town. If you die, that person is scum. So why would you try to die day one? When you are a cop, if you get a scum scan night one, you don't claim right away unless you are in danger. Why? Because three or four scans is much better than one scan. Same principle applies here. Why would you go for just one scan when you can get three or four?
The Hider may each night hide behind a target. If the target is mafia, the Hider will die. If the target is town, the Hider will be untargetable by any and all night actions on that night. If the target is town and the target is shot, both the Hider and the target will die.

here's the MU description of it... it's guaranteed he targeted a wolf and that wolf is you

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1078 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:00 am

I have to give him credit for fighting to the ##end

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1079 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:01 am

LordQuas wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:59 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:57 am
LordQuas wrote:
The Hider may each night hide behind a target. If the target is mafia, the Hider will die. If the target is town, the Hider will be untargetable by any and all night actions on that night. If the target is town and the target is shot, both the Hider and the target will die.

here's the MU description of it... it's guaranteed he targeted a wolf and that wolf is you
I'm not the wolf though, he targeted someone else, who he probably thought was town.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1080 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:01 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:00 am
I have to give him credit for fighting to the ##end
I see what you did there