Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#2202 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:03 pm

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:02 pm
Wait how would a true watcher know yavuz is telling the truth? They would only know RHK is lying.
Because if RHK is lying, Yavuz has to be telling the truth. Otherwise Scum RHK is giving his life to kill Scum Yavuz. That would be delightful :-) But the likelihood of that is quite close to zero.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2203 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:04 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:02 pm
At 7:11 to go, Yavuz claimed after Tham voted him (moving off Mean), putting the wagons at 2 rdr, 2 Mea, 1 ND, 1 yav
Ah, sorry, I thought MLQ was well in the lead all day until these shenanigans.

VashtaNeurotic

#2204 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:06 pm

I mean yavuz claimed after the fact. But the only reason yavuz's claim makes sense when he was under no threat of lynch and there is still a miller about is to make a claim to throw us off the scent of a mafia, which tells me he is likely stalker with ND as a miller.

reedeer1

#2205 Post by reedeer1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:06 pm

@Balki
I am of the opinion that watcher is more valuable than cop in this setup with godfather and millers, so I would rather we stop this PR Hunting.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2206 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:07 pm

WATCHER: If we are about to lynch Yavuz, and you exist, and you know DemonRHK is fake claiming, obviously come forward to save cop. In that case, we'll still have Nurse, Watcher, and Cop going into the night, and we're probably better off having you guys in plain sight so that you can protect each other and Yavuz can keep getting scans off. There will only be 2 scum left in any event, and one of them is probably ND.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2207 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:09 pm

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:06 pm
I mean yavuz claimed after the fact. But the only reason yavuz's claim makes sense when he was under no threat of lynch and there is still a miller about is to make a claim to throw us off the scent of a mafia, which tells me he is likely stalker with ND as a miller.
Well his major motivation would be to get the real Cop to surface. I think the most likely scenario is that mafia decided to sacrifice Yavuz to out Cop. As they were going to lose if Cop stayed hidden for much longer. But Yavuz made a serious mistake in faking a claim that DemonRHK could counterfeit.

RagingIke297

#2208 Post by RagingIke297 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:10 pm

D3 Vote Count 3.0

ND (7): yavuzovic, Maniac, thamrick, reedeer1, rdrivera2005, Foxcastle, bozotheclown
yavuzovic (6): DemonRHK, bo_sox48, Tom Bombadil, ND, Balki Bartokomous, VashtaNeurotic
bozotheclown (1): MeanLaQueefa

Not voted (1): captainmeme

End votes (1/8): DemonRHK

captainmeme has not made the required two posts.

Currently ND is set to be lynched!

You have 50 minutes remaining.

Foxcastle

#2209 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:10 pm

@Balki... Unless Yavuz is actually the Cop...

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2210 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:10 pm

reedeer1 wrote:
@Balki
I am of the opinion that watcher is more valuable than cop in this setup with godfather and millers, so I would rather we stop this PR Hunting.
???

PR Hunting? We have a fake-claiming PR already. Don't we have to find out who is real and who is fake? If we don't, Nurse does not know who to protect, Watcher does not know who to watch, Scum get to kill the real claimer.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2211 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:10 pm
Well, if Yavuz is the true Cop, wouldn't the true watcher prevent us from lynching true Cop? I think that's a worthwhile trade to out the Watcher in order to keep our Cop alive and catch 2 scum! (ND and Demon). Then the game is almost over, and Nurse and Watcher will likely keep Cop alive for 2 more scans at least.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2212 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:13 pm

I feel like we are almost in auto-win territory here.

Foxcastle

#2213 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:13 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Well, if Yavuz is the true Cop, wouldn't the true watcher prevent us from lynching true Cop? I think that's a worthwhile trade to out the Watcher in order to keep our Cop alive and catch 2 scum! (ND and Demon). Then the game is almost over, and Nurse and Watcher will likely keep Cop alive for 2 more scans at least.
We can't know what the Watcher is thinking, and or that they're even around to have seen that argument, or that it would convince them if they are.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2214 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:13 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
We can't know what the Watcher is thinking, and or that they're even around to have seen that argument, or that it would convince them if they are.
I suppose.

You don't think we need to resolve who is fake claiming right now?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2215 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm

@MLQ, what do you think we should do?

Foxcastle

#2216 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm

@Balki, I think we will resolve fakeclaiming if Yavuz or ND are lynched, but if we choose wrong, I'd prefer to lynch ND with his VT/Miller claim over Yavuz with his Cop claim.

thamrick

#2217 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:16 pm

@Balki - how can we set up our PRs to protect each other without rendering them useless or leaving at least one exposed to NK?

If you feel like this will give information to scum by discussing it, feel free to not. I'm assuming they can do basic case breakdown though.

I'm expressing my doubt, especially given that we have a risk of losing Cop or Watcher through this plan, and that there's a mafia RB still. Even if we still have all 3, there isn't a way that at least one of them isn't vulnerable. Go through all the scenarios. We also can't openly discuss which order we're going to use our PRs to protect each other or scum will be able to find the counter. And we'd likely have to out all of those PRs just so they'd know who to cover.

While I agree ND flipping scum/miller doesn't make the RHK/Yav question crystal clear, it does shed light onto it.

If ND flips scum (first of all, stop. Great! We've found a scum!) or miller, RHK is likely scum. Even if he's town and we shoot/mislynch him the next day, we still know Yav is scum. He also would get an extra night of being able to watch.

If we don't flip ND now, no matter the outcome, we're still not sure what ND is.
-If we lynch Yav and he's Cop, ND still could be miller or scum. RHK is lying so we lynch him.
-If we lynch Yav and he's not Cop, it doesn't answer whether ND is scum or not. RHK could still be scum though unlikely. We still don't know ND's alignment.

-If we lynch RHK and he's Watcher, we know Yav lied. Lynch him. Doesn't tell us anything about ND.
-If RHK isn't Watcher, we believe Yav and kill ND, but he still could be miller.

*I see lots of posts since I started this one. I'll read and add to this. But tl;dr I believe Balki is wrong because we can't protect all our PRs and shouldn't out them anyways

thamrick

#2218 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 pm

reedeer1 wrote:
@Balki
+1

MeanLaQueefa

#2219 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:19 pm

I've only been able to read on a 10 minute break from work, so I may have missed some things cause I couldn't read everything. I think RHK's claim is more believable than yav's, as I said before, it doesn't benefit cop to claim like he did. Also watcher is protecting our townclears, even if we have the nurse guard our cop, he ceases being useful because of the role block, so watcher > cop. So ##vote yav.

You guys have time to break the tie, but I think lynching yav is the right move here.

MeanLaQueefa

#2220 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Also the sweet ND info as others have pointed out. If you want to ask me questions, I have like 2 mins lol