Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#201 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:38 am

Vecna wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:11 am
prrrrrr

Prrrrrrrrrttttt

Pfshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lets lynch Rdrivera. He rolled baddy baddy again.

##vote Rdrivera

Would be noice to lynch a scum Rdrivera on day1 for once.
Come on Vecna, I know you can be better then this.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#202 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 am

At this point I don't have a solid scumread, but some things I feel as scummy. People that strike me as possibly scum are Damian and Ezio at this point, with a special mention to Bozo.
Considering Damian is already on the lead ##vote Ezio

I have town vibes from Squigs and Vecna and mostly null on the others.

Vecna

#203 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:08 am

So you townread squigs, scumread Damian.

The top two wagons are squigs vs Damian, and you vote Ezio? Instead of trying to outpace the wagon on your townread?

And youre calling me bad for scumreading you?

xorxes

#205 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:54 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:30 pm

This seems like a logical extension of the xorxes logic he tries to push every game. It's kinda dumb, but I think it's consistent with how he thinks about the game. I also think talking more is town indicative for him.
I can't prove it yet, but I'm going to go on a limb here and state for the record that ghug is scum.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#206 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:08 am

The top two wagons are squigs vs Damian, and you vote Ezio? Instead of trying to outpace the wagon on your townread?

What will I get puting another vote on Damian with half day to go? I will obviously vote him if the wagons are him and Squigs until EOD, but my vote on Ezio is to put some pressure on him and maybe get him and Damian to be the wagons (my ideal world).
Why is this bad play?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#207 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:59 pm

I know I started the Damian wagon, but, like the first guy who extended his hand and snapped a picture of himself to see if he had anything in his teeth, I didn’t expect it to become such a fad. Can someone give me three bullet points to support the “Damian is Scum” movement?

And are we threatening to kill squigs for being too aggressive? For being just “different than last time”?

Also, so much “I’m voting this guy because Damian already has pressure” going on. Or “I feel like X needs some pressure.”

I suggest that we adopt a new policy: vote for who you think is most likely to flip scum. At least until the last hour. It’s hard to see where we really are with so many people taking it upon themselves to apply “pressure.” Also, if you give away your secret — “I’m just doing this to apply pressure,” rather than “I’m doing this because I think X is most likely to flip scum” — it doesn’t really apply any “pressure.”

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#208 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:08 am

I disagree with Vecna’s analysis above. He is suggesting that rdrivera should be voting to protect a townread wagon at an early stage when the townread is in no real danger. And Vecna suggests that rdrivera’s failure to vote Damian is so strange that it is scum indicative.

I also feel like the way Vecna phrases the last sentence is somewhat scum-indicative for Vecna: “And youre calling me bad for scumreading you.” The statement assumes AI without explaining it and the statement focuses on Vecna’s own alignment.

ND

#209 Post by ND » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:49 pm
##vote Bozo

His contributions so far:
2 posts about a no lynch.
I don't like this post. Squigs just makes a post explaining his inquisitiveness and then plops a vote on a lurker lol!

ND

#210 Post by ND » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:11 pm

damian wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:54 pm
Someone want to explain the Squig wagon to me?
He’s looked pretty town to me thus far.

I’m not really buying the low effort vote argument. Considering the pressure vote for bozo got him to engage. (Possibly suspicious, given that Bozo doesn’t have the desire/time to look at anyone else.)
What's to explain. He's rambling about being "hungry to solve" on page 9 then just plops his vote on the lowest guy (probably) I haven't checked with a post history. It's pretty funny.

ND

#211 Post by ND » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Don't like balkis post on page ten. I'm on a work trip and still playing on my phone when I can. Excuses.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#212 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:15 pm

@Flum:

The vote on Squigs is because something feels off from him. I think Balki somewhat mischaracterizes it when he says that his is getting votes because he is just being aggressive or different than last time. It’s partially that, but I get more the feeling that his is being aggressive and snarky because that’s what town is “supposed” to do. It’s one thing to stand out because you firmly believe in your reads or pursuits of scum - that is towny behavior. I don’t get the impression that this is Squigs. I get the impression that he is trying to give the illusion of not being afraid of standing out and that he doesn’t actually care about his statements or lines of question besides how those questions reflect on his own image.

ND

#213 Post by ND » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:15 pm

Ok caught up. Um, it's honestly between ezio and squigs for me. I'll do squigs for now but still need to consider more. I really don't like what he did a few pages ago. ##vote squigs

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#214 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:20 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 pm
Don't like balkis post on page ten. I'm on a work trip and still playing on my phone when I can. Excuses.
What don’t you like exactly? I am also on a work trip, and I am also playing on my phone when I can. Do you think that me clarifying my schedule is AI? If not...what are you trying to accomplish here?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#215 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:15 pm
@Flum:

The vote on Squigs is because something feels off from him. I think Balki somewhat mischaracterizes it when he says that his is getting votes because he is just being aggressive or different than last time. It’s partially that, but I get more the feeling that his is being aggressive and snarky because that’s what town is “supposed” to do. It’s one thing to stand out because you firmly believe in your reads or pursuits of scum - that is towny behavior. I don’t get the impression that this is Squigs. I get the impression that he is trying to give the illusion of not being afraid of standing out and that he doesn’t actually care about his statements or lines of question besides how those questions reflect on his own image.
That’s a helpful post. Thanks.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#216 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:22 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:15 pm
Ok caught up. Um, it's honestly between ezio and squigs for me. I'll do squigs for now but still need to consider more. I really don't like what he did a few pages ago. []vote squigs
I want to follow your reasoning here, but I find it impossible.

What don’t you like? Why don’t you like it?

ND

#217 Post by ND » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:29 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:20 pm
ND wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 pm
What don’t you like exactly? I am also on a work trip, and I am also playing on my phone when I can. Do you think that me clarifying my schedule is AI? If not...what are you trying to accomplish here?
Idk when I read it seemed like you were overly playing it up as an excuse. That was my take on it.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#218 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Also, orange.

And can someone present a reason why Damian is scum?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#219 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:35 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:47 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:13 am

I find it interesting that you are talking about game balance. Many of us don't know the roles or the mechanics on either side of the teeter-totter, so it is hard to add much to your discussion.
Can you expand on this Balki? What is interesting about it? I interpret it as you finding Foxy fishy, but if thats the case, this seems much less direct than you usually are. What gives?
Yeah, you could replace “I find it interesting” with “I find it slightly suspicious.” Basically, I know so little about the game, on either side of the teeter-totter, that I am not at all considering game balance. I would expect that people considering game balance at this stage are more likely to have received more information than I have about what game we’re playing, and so, perhaps Foxy is scum.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#220 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:39 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:29 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:20 pm
Idk when I read it seemed like you were overly playing it up as an excuse. That was my take on it.
Yes, well, I really do think that it will impact my play quite a bit. Both today and tomorrow, I’ll be unavailable for some long periods of time when I am (a) driving, and (b) taking depositions. So, I just wanted to let you all know and apologize for being less active. I’ll do my best to smash scumbuckets in the time that I have.