Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#2041 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 am

##GM Note: As a Brit who has zero interest in the SuperBowl whatsoever, I've consulted with Ike on this one. It's an EoN on Sunday night rather than an EoD, and it's half an hour before the kickoff anyway, so no, we will not be moving the deadline. The game will progress as normal (which will no doubt be a relief to the rest of the non-Americans in this game).

thamrick

#2042 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:18 am

While I disagree with your decision, I'll respect it.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2043 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:18 am

thamrick wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:06 am
@RHK - what happened to my song request?

##CALL GMs - are we going to follow normal game schedule or is there going to be an extention? EoN is set to fall right before the start of the Super Bowl.
Small things is actually a tough one to Rift. Gonna work on it after I get a bit of Vodka in me.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2044 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:32 am

Mafia D3 Vote Count 1.0

MeanLaQueefa (3): Balki Bartokomous, thamrick, Tom Bombadil
rdrivera2005 (1): DemonRHK
captainmeme (1): bo_sox48
bozotheclown (1): MeanLaQueefa
ND (1): yavuzovic
VashtaNeurotic (1): bozotheclown
reedeer1 (1): rdrivera2005
DemonRHK (1): Foxcastle

Not voted (5): captainmeme, Maniac, ND, reedeer1, VashtaNeurotic

captainmeme has not yet made the required 2 posts.

You have 21 hours and 30 minutes remaining.

bozotheclown

#2045 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:16 am

@MeanLaQueefa:

I voted for Tom when I did D2 EOD because it looked like Vashta was not going to become a wagon, and I thought Tom was most likely to be scum among the top wagons. Vashta became a wagon immediately after I switched my vote to Tom, so I switched back to Vashta, who was my top scum read. I did not have anything new to add to the case against Tom, but I thought some of the cases made against had merit. I know Tom was not on Manic’s final three lynch list, but I was not confining my vote to his list. I thought my vote on Tom would put him at 4 votes to put him even with ND, Rjmcf, and Ezio, who were all tied at 4 votes, because I entered my vote before I saw Demon switch his vote from Tom to Vashta.

VashtaNeurotic

#2046 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:36 am

Wait bozo. Why are you still voting me? Instead of, i dunno, someone you could actually get lymched

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2047 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:50 am

[Cue Music]

All the Maf things~
We'll make them swing~
They hide, they bus~
They can't escape sus~
Always we know~
They'll make a huge show~

Hedging~
Waiting~
Bullshiterating~

Gettin' accused of throw~
My reads kinda blow~
Lurks gettin' off soft~
Why'd they shoot Ezio?~

Na na, na na, na na, na na na na (x3)

At night, at home~
Get dead, or get blown~
Might leave me alive to wine the town~
In hopes I catch lead in the crown~

Gettin' accused of throw~
My reads kinda blow~
Lurks gettin' off soft~
Why'd they shoot Ezio?~

Na na, na na, na na, na na na na (x3)

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2048 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:17 am

I'm tired, cranky, and really not happy that I'm being swindled by both of my employers into working absurd hours for the next three days, so I'm not reading the thread and I'm not dealing with any of this shit for the time being. I'd rather sleep. However, I opened up the peterbot and saw that Ezio died (and that MLQ is the only person with a wagon, wtf? Someone please explain this to me), so I skimmed back and saw what yall were talking about after he was shot. To those of you with the "why would a townie shoot Ezio" question, I ask you one thing and one thing only:

Why would scum shoot Ezio?

a) He's a VT and they have a stalker, so if they had a gun they could have played it way better. Even if the person with a gun read him as a PR, they didn't have to pull the trigger.

b) Maniac is clear. Why wouldn't he get shot? It's not a waste of a nightkill and the gun doesn't reveal. Multiple people are nearly universally townread. Ezio was probably among the group of possible mislynches for them.

c) He was doing nothing. This is good for scum, bad for town, full stop. Why take out a player doing nothing?

The person that shot Ezio should reveal that they shot him and take the heat for it. Why? Because while it really doesn't make sense to me no matter which side of the coin you're playing on, the gunsmith possibly revealing you is a much worse alternative than owning up to it.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2049 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:25 am

On another note, if nobody wants to lynch captainmeme for not even playing, that's fine, but if you actually read darg and didn't find him at least a little scummy, you weren't paying very much attention.

##VOTE rdrivera, because this day needs to be more interesting than yesterday and MLQ running away with an early lead isn't a good way to make that happen. Made my halfhearted case at the EON. If I have time, I'll do a reread. If not, oh well.

Good night, dumb dumbs.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2050 Post by Maniac » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:58 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:17 am

a) He's a VT and they have a stalker, so if they had a gun they could have played it way better. Even if the person with a gun read him as a PR, they didn't have to pull the trigger.

b) Maniac is clear. Why wouldn't he get shot? It's not a waste of a nightkill and the gun doesn't reveal. Multiple people are nearly universally townread. Ezio was probably among the group of possible mislynches for them.

c) He was doing nothing. This is good for scum, bad for town, full stop. Why take out a player doing nothing?

The person that shot Ezio should reveal that they shot him and take the heat for it. Why? Because while it really doesn't make sense to me no matter which side of the coin you're playing on, the gunsmith possibly revealing you is a much worse alternative than owning up to it.
^This - I'm convinced that the shooter is Town. OK you didn't hit scum but you should still claim this shot. The shooter will get lynch immunity today. Fake claimers will obv be exposed by GS later. Come forward and give us your reasons for shooting Ezio and we'll move on.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2051 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:31 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:25 am
On another note, if nobody wants to lynch captainmeme for not even playing, that's fine, but if you actually read darg and didn't find him at least a little scummy, you weren't paying very much attention.

##VOTE rdrivera, because this day needs to be more interesting than yesterday and MLQ running away with an early lead isn't a good way to make that happen. Made my halfhearted case at the EON. If I have time, I'll do a reread. If not, oh well.

Good night, dumb dumbs.
I don't really agree with your logic. I agree that scum have little reason to shoot Ezio but it could be a scum who thought could be shot and tried a lucky shot at Cip. On the other side I don't see any reason for town to do this in this way, no warning, no time for last words, with the town clear making a pool on who to shoot.
Anyway, if by any chance the shooter is town he need to say it.

And I really hope you didn't just anchored a vote on me Bo, this "I will be away" but vote someone you never really pushed because it's "interesting", is scummy.

yavuzovic

#2052 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:25 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:45 pm
That came out of nowhere. Ezio has bad luck with guns.

yavuzovic, did you shoot Ezio again?
No, I would not shot Ezio.

yavuzovic

#2053 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:26 am

Everybody know that if I got the gun, I would shoot whom.

thamrick

#2054 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:00 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:26 am
Everybody know that if I got the gun, I would shoot whom.
@Yavuzovic - Who would you shoot?

thamrick

#2055 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:05 pm

@rdrivera - you never responded to my question before. What's the reasoning behind pushing the reedeer wagon? You haven't stated why you have a vote on him.

thamrick

#2056 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:31 pm

For the record, people who haven't posted since Ezio's untimely death - ND, Tom, meme

thamrick

#2057 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:36 pm

@Foxy - why'd you jet yesterday after Ezio was shot?

Foxcastle

#2058 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:39 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:31 pm
For the record, people who haven't posted since Ezio's untimely death - ND, Tom, meme

Foxcastle

#2059 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:39 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:31 pm
Ugh. Meant to actually say...

Also, Reedeer?

thamrick

#2060 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:39 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:17 am

a) He's a VT and they have a stalker...

b) Maniac is clear...

c) He was doing nothing...
a) Yeah - I agree. Weird and bad play for mafia. Maybe they're getting heat today and think they'll die. Didn't want to waste having a gun.

b) Disagree. If they shot Maniac, it would obviously be a scum shot. GS would reveal them. Worth losing 1/3 for eliminating a townclear (and creating another in GS)?

c) Yeah. You're right there... I dunno. Maybe they thought he was PR laying low? Definitely a strange choice.

My question is why would town shoot him? I was getting good town vibes from him today. He's far from a lead scum suspect in my book. It literally just creates chaos and is distracting us from scum hunting. The fact they haven't stepped forward makes it all the more suspicious. The only reason I can see is that they're forcing GS to reveal.