Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#3541 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:18 pm

So what do you think was the reason for bo's box story?:

(1) Bo is town...and really does think either me or ghug is scum. It was all a big gambit to see what he could learn.
(2) Bo is scum and ghug is scum. He is trying to distance himself from ghug...so that even if one of them gets lynched the other can go on and win the game.
(3) Bo is scum and ghug is town. If he can't nail me today, he is willing to take a crack at ghug instead.
(4) Something else??

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3542 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Bo is town and ghug is actually scum isn’t an option?

Interesting.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3543 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:27 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:59 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:54 pm

You're by far the best choice. ND would be OK. Bozo is also an option. I'm seriously starting to doubt bo, but not to the point that we should lynch him today.

The fact is, I'm probably going to be dead tomorrow, so even if we do get one of your teammates today, I'm less confident in our ability to get you tomorrow with pressure waning like it is. It's going to be incredibly personally frustrating to me if we lose this game without lynching the person I've seen as obvious scum for days.
Am I? Really? How many are in your potential scum pool? How many people to you are confirmed town who you will absolutely not vote for unless something drastic changes? I am just trying to understand this "by far the best choice" if your potential scum pool is, for example, only 4. If your scum pool is still 6, I would be asking why you are so undecided so late in the game.
You ask me the same questions over and over again despite my laying out my thoughts every time. This is almost worse than you not posting at all.

I strongly townread Durga. Worcej has recently moved into that pool as well.
I more slightly townread rd, and bo. They're doing things today that I find problematic (Durga vote, giving box to a null read), but I still think they're more likely town than not.
I scumread you, ND, and bozo in that order, as I've told you about six times now.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3544 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:30 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Interesting.
It clearly falls under option one. Why is everyone so stupid?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3545 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:33 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:

Interesting.
I am not sure how you read that out of my question.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3546 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:35 pm

It says bo is town and “really does think” one of you two is scum. Seems to imply that you townread ghug to the point where me thinking he’s scum is somehow worthy of an adverb.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3547 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:42 pm

ghug wrote:
flash2015 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:54 pm

You're by far the best choice. ND would be OK. Bozo is also an option. I'm seriously starting to doubt bo, but not to the point that we should lynch him today.

The fact is, I'm probably going to be dead tomorrow, so even if we do get one of your teammates today, I'm less confident in our ability to get you tomorrow with pressure waning like it is. It's going to be incredibly personally frustrating to me if we lose this game without lynching the person I've seen as obvious scum for days.
Am I? Really? How many are in your potential scum pool? How many people to you are confirmed town who you will absolutely not vote for unless something drastic changes? I am just trying to understand this "by far the best choice" if your potential scum pool is, for example, only 4. If your scum pool is still 6, I would be asking why you are so undecided so late in the game.
You ask me the same questions over and over again despite my laying out my thoughts every time. This is almost worse than you not posting at all.

I more slightly townread rd, and bo. They're doing things today that I find problematic (Durga vote, giving box to a null read), but I still think they're more likely town than not.
I scumread you, ND, and bozo in that order, as I've told you about six times now.
I ask you the same question again and again because of your single-minded obsession of me.

It isn't like there is only one scum left. If that was the case and I was your top scumread, it would make sense to only possibly vote for me. It just doesn't make sense though with three open, especially when you are suggesting a potential scum team there...and the second person on your list already is a significant wagon. So you have no confidence in your scumreads after me? Even though ND is second on your list you have no confidence that he is scum?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3548 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:45 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:42 pm
ghug wrote:
flash2015 wrote:

I ask you the same question again and again because of your single-minded obsession of me.

It isn't like there is only one scum left. If that was the case and I was your top scumread, it would make sense to only possibly vote for me. It just doesn't make sense though with three open, especially when you are suggesting a potential scum team there...and the second person on your list already is a significant wagon. So you have no confidence in your scumreads after me? Even though ND is second on your list you have no confidence that he is scum?
I want to lunch my top scumread. If we mislynch we lose. That's entirely simple. On top of that, I'd much prefer we be lynching between two scumreads than a townread and a scumread as we are now. What benefit is there in quietly getting in line on my second choice when we still have a day to go?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3549 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:52 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:35 pm
It says bo is town and “really does think” one of you two is scum. Seems to imply that you townread ghug to the point where me thinking he’s scum is somehow worthy of an adverb.
I think you are reading too much into this. In a previous post not too long ago I put ghug in my scum pool. I am thinking he may be scum...but I am hoping he will do something that will make me think otherwise, that his obsessive tunneling all game was all part of a greater strategy. I am trying to be objective in this as in the past I too easily believed that whoever can't see my towny-ness must be scummy.

The goal of this post is to find out what Durga believes here as she is hedging a bit on you. Perhaps I am missing something here which is causing her to hedge? Perhaps she thinks your breezy townread of her is really a buddying attempt? I am also trying to confirm for myself that my current townread of you is correct.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3550 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:59 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:45 pm

I want to lunch my top scumread. If we mislynch we lose. That's entirely simple. On top of that, I'd much prefer we be lynching between two scumreads than a townread and a scumread as we are now. What benefit is there in quietly getting in line on my second choice when we still have a day to go?
You are going to go all "Silence Of The Lambs" on me? That doesn't sound very friendly.

You are right, if we mislynch we lose. This is why you should be doing more to make absolutely sure your read is right...rather than leaving it at "VOTE flash". I don't feel you trying to be objective in this in any way. I am not seeing this mafia genius that you claim to have coming through.

OK, so are you willing to vote for someone else if it came down to it? So you could potentially vote for ND if my wagon doesn't work out?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3551 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:02 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:59 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:45 pm

You are going to go all "Silence Of The Lambs" on me? That doesn't sound very friendly.

You are right, if we mislynch we lose. This is why you should be doing more to make absolutely sure your read is right...rather than leaving it at "VOTE flash". I don't feel you trying to be objective in this in any way. I am not seeing this mafia genius that you claim to have coming through.

OK, so are you willing to vote for someone else if it came down to it? So you could potentially vote for ND if my wagon doesn't work out?
Obviously. I'm not going to finish with my vote on a dead wagon at MYLO.

Durga

#3552 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Ghug why do you think there was no movement EoD yesterday despite the fact the wagons were super close together. Why do you think Flash didn't vote Damo to save himself, especially when I asked Squigs if he wanted to switch over with 2 minutes left.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3553 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:03 pm
Ghug why do you think there was no movement EoD yesterday despite the fact the wagons were super close together. Why do you think Flash didn't vote Damo to save himself, especially when I asked Squigs if he wanted to switch over with 2 minutes left.
I think there was no movement because a mostly town-driven wagon was lynching town. It's easy enough to move if that changes, but if the votes are already on damo, where's the need?

Durga

#3554 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:13 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:09 pm
Durga wrote:
I think there was no movement because a mostly town-driven wagon was lynching town. It's easy enough to move if that changes, but if the votes are already on damo, where's the need?
We were going to potentially switch to Flash. He didn't move. No-one but Worcej moved. What do you think about that. Why wouldn't he move to damo as scum?

ND

#3555 Post by ND » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Sigh, so what's the case against me? I'll try to defend myself. I don't want us to lose. But, it looks like we will probably lose.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3556 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:13 pm
ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:
We were going to potentially switch to Flash. He didn't move. No-one but Worcej moved. What do you think about that. Why wouldn't he move to damo as scum?
Reading back, Squigs didn't look all that interested in switching, and as you said, it was a low-activity EoD. The two of you coordinating a switch would have given flash plenty of time to react. As it was, he was playing the whole "I don't care, you guys should lynch me" card, which is more compelling if one doesn't vote in self-defense.

Durga

#3557 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:31 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:28 pm
Durga wrote:
ghug wrote:

Reading back, Squigs didn't look all that interested in switching, and as you said, it was a low-activity EoD. The two of you coordinating a switch would have given flash plenty of time to react. As it was, he was playing the whole "I don't care, you guys should lynch me" card, which is more compelling if one doesn't vote in self-defense.
Don't you think if scum was on the line it wouldn't be such low activity?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3558 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:31 pm
ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:

Don't you think if scum was on the line it wouldn't be such low activity?
It would be if the scum wagon wasn't leading and there were only a few townies around.

I think ND was likely bussing flash, which fits with his strange flip to you once we got to MYLO. If my team is correct, that leaves flash off-wagon but around to switch late if needed and capable of justifying it and bozo pushing damo.

If I'm wrong about ND or bozo, then Rd was bussing as well and wasn't going to switch, or bo was pushing the damo wagon over the flash wagon for no good town reason to protect his teammate, or worcej did switch at the last second to protect flash, or you were pushing damo but considering flash. Of those, only the fourth really doesn't make sense to me.

If I'm wrong about flash, sure, scum was content with town v. town, but I don't think we're lacking in equally if not more plausible alternatives to that, and there are numerous other reasons to read flash as scum.

ND

#3559 Post by ND » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:49 pm

##Vote Flash

I guess Flash is fine.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3560 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:08 pm

ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:
ghug wrote:

What are you smoking? On D6, I was the lead wagon from 1:11 to 0:11 to go in the day. I didn't move at all during that time. You are assuming I somehow **knew** that I would be saved?

On D4, I was the top wagon multiple times over the day...only two minutes from the end I was equal with Ike. I made absolutely no attempt to save myself (like jump onto the Ike wagon for "self preservation"). What was my scum motivation to do that?

Lots of theories were put out about that I was somehow trying to save someone, mostly Damo, and they have all turned out to be false. Why can't you even entertain the bleeding obvious...that I actually didn't care?