Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ND

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#3481 Post by ND » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:50 am

You are only saying that because you aren't being town read anymore and your behavior has been called into the open.

Durga

#3482 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:51 am

no its actually your confidence that is disgusting me

Durga

#3483 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:54 am

worcej scum read me but the way he did it wasnt scummy

ND

#3484 Post by ND » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:05 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:51 am
no its actually your confidence that is disgusting me
K

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3485 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:00 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:57 pm
Bo, why'd you give me the box?
First of all, you bluntly told me you weren’t the doctor, and prior to you telling me you weren’t the doctor, I actually thought you were possibly the doctor. I didn't think you were a VT, though. So that got me thinking.

There's two likely scenarios that result in you dying:

a) you get nightkilled.
b) the box blows up.

I'm well aware that there is something missing, so I'll explain my thought process as to why you getting lynched is unlikely. You're not going to get lynched today, mainly because at the moment you don't deserve to be lynched today and I’m not going to let it happen. Without me doing what I did, though, you're probably not going to get lynched later because our most-towncleared person right now is worcej and I don't trust him in my wildest dreams to lead a lynch. You'll find a way to weasel out of it. If the scumteam is playing for people that might actually solve the game as opposed to who is least likely to get hung, Durga and I will both be dead before worcej and rdrivera if he’s town may be as well. I don't think the game could even go any longer than that, could it? Long story short, I don't think you're getting lynched.

If you're town, you'll get nightkilled at some stage, probably soon, or the box will blow you up. If you're scum, which I have very little evidence for without flash dying but suspect you are, the box will hopefully blow you up. Either way, the only way you survive beyond the next day or two is if the box doesn't blow you up and you are scum, at which time town can, and should, actually lynch you.

If you're scum, the box doesn't blow up, and you get an item that helps you win, then I gambled wrong, rip me. I believe, both mathematically speaking regarding the box and based on my read of you, that this is the most likely scenario, but desperate times call for desperate measures. These are in fact desperate times and I like poker, so fuck it.

If you’re scum and the box blows up, I’ll take my town MVP with a side of molten chocolate cake.

If you’re town and the box does blow you up, then that is rather unfortunate but survivable if we lynch scum today. By hanging flash or possibly rdrivera (but hopefully flash) I think we will.

If you’re town and the box does not blow up, I am fully confident that you are an intelligent person that will correct my error and put it in scum’s hands where it will almost assuredly go boom.
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:16 pm
Bo is highly suspect, borderline retarded, for lying about the box move. The purpose of the lie would be to induce infighting and non-believing. I would be willing to vote him right now just because of that bullshit - lying like that in this time is not a town play.
This is why I don't trust you as far as I can throw you when it comes to leading this game and also why the scumteam is probably not going to kill you during the coming night.
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:16 pm
Scum always keep me around and I seem to live all the way because no one listens to me normally. This is mostly due to my shit tunneling and how I am typically always scummy.
Oh. Yeah. That could be it.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3486 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:35 am

OK, so if bo is town, Durga is town, worcej is town, I am town (though no-one believes it), we are down to four:

ghug, ND, bozo, rdr (could it be ND, bozo, rdr?)

I **still** can't believe that ghug is town after all the tunneling but as that is unlikely to happen today I will join the ND wagon:

##VOTE ND

Durga

#3487 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:51 am

flash2015 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:35 am
OK, so if bo is town, Durga is town, worcej is town, I am town (though no-one believes it), we are down to four:

I **still** can't believe that ghug is town after all the tunneling but as that is unlikely to happen today I will join the ND wagon:

##VOTE ND
Can you explain why you think the three of us are town?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3488 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:08 am

@Bo - I know you think me or ghug is scum (you may be right!)...but if you are town, then two out of three scum must come from here:

bozo, ND, rdr

Who else would you be willing to vote for today?

Durga

#3489 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:17 am

Don't ignore me Flash. I'm still open to just lynching you

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3490 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:20 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:51 am
flash2015 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:35 am

##VOTE ND
Can you explain why you think the three of us are town?
Well, Bo's gambit feels a bit like Vecna's one last game. He made up a lie late in the game to see what would happen, as a gambit. I can't see a scum motivation for Bo to do this so I am going to say he is town.

worcej is town. I have never scumread him. He has been trying hard all game. For you, I joined your wagon, because I really had no idea at that point, I had a bit of a death wish (I thought I would get lynched) and I thought it would make you a bit more active to see what you are like.

I don't see you now stylistically as that much different from the last game...and since worcej/bo are now townreading you it seems good enough for me.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3491 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:21 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:17 am
Don't ignore me Flash. I'm still open to just lynching you
Impatient, are we?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3492 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:02 am

I was prepared to go for Ghug today, but with the box it's a bad idea.
I can vote Flash, even with him improving, by POE I just can't find a scumteam without him.
So I will ##vote Durga. I keep feeling his reactions inorganic, like the interaction with Balki and Ghug. I know it's a bit of an OMGUS but this night I also feel like she is trying to set me up for a mislynch. And the last bit was trying to imply that voting Damo yesterday was a towny move (it's not scummy per se, but lynching a town isn't a towny thing, even when you sheep a townclear).

bozotheclown

#3493 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:02 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:53 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:12 am
I am not sure of the best way to go today. I am thinking the scum will be found in ghug/flash/ND/rdrivera.
Why you townread Durga and Bo?
You are one of my big question mark with ND and want to understand your thoughts.

At this point I tend to agree about Flash and Ghug, but I feel ND could be town and right about Durga.
Durga’s reasoning on most of her reads seemed valid to me, even when they turned out to be wrong like with damo and peter, and her willingness to push players like xorxes and Balki came across as town motivated. For bo_sox, his late switch from damo to DemonRHK on D1 to make the vote close looks like a town move with what we now know, and his pushing DrCJG about his claim when there was little doubt that DemonRHK would be the lynch seems an unlikely thing to do as scum.

bozotheclown

#3494 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:30 pm

I think ND is a good option for today, by POE it is very likely he is on the scum team. Also, ND backing off on his damo read D6, just as it looked like damo would finally be lynched, makes me think he was preparing for damo’s flip as town. Looking back at D1, ND voted for damo early, before damo did some of the things ND would later scum read him for. It seems like he was trying to find reasons to justify his early read after xorxes questioned it. Also, xorxes’s point about ND looking suspicious for comparing damo’s play to a previous game half way through D1 seems valid.

##VOTE ND

ND

#3495 Post by ND » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Anyone citing Xorxes' read on me from D2 (I think) is not really paying attention -at best- and suspicious -at worst- if you are going to vote for me come up with a better reason because there have been numerous phases since D2. It's like me voting for ghug because thd said we all should D1. Things change (although thd is probably right)

Durga

#3496 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Me vs ND... Hmmmmn.

I genuinely might be more comfortable lynching rdr

Durga

#3497 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:30 pm
I think ND is a good option for today, by POE it is very likely he is on the scum team. Also, ND backing off on his damo read D6, just as it looked like damo would finally be lynched, makes me think he was preparing for damo’s flip as town. Looking back at D1, ND voted for damo early, before damo did some of the things ND would later scum read him for. It seems like he was trying to find reasons to justify his early read after xorxes questioned it. Also, xorxes’s point about ND looking suspicious for comparing damo’s play to a previous game half way through D1 seems valid.

##VOTE ND
I'm not sure if I like that your read is entirely based off xorxes.

Who are nd's partners?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3498 Post by flash2015 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:40 pm

ND wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:32 pm
Anyone citing Xorxes' read on me from D2 (I think) is not really paying attention -at best- and suspicious -at worst- if you are going to vote for me come up with a better reason because there have been numerous phases since D2. It's like me voting for ghug because thd said we all should D1. Things change (although thd is probably right)
So what is your suggested scum team - is it still Durga, me and ghug?

Durga

#3499 Post by Durga » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Bo, I want to hear more from you. Stop lurking.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3500 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:13 pm

I'd like to hear more out of the rest of you, so thanks, but no thanks.