Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#2741 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:30 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:27 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Things make so much more sense now.
Can you share what you discovered?

I am completely torn on this claim thing, Demon was scummy and a fake claim to save himself make more sense then Dr claiming to save driver. But the timing and lack of specifics make it less credible.

I will sheep you know (and Flash will jump in my throat....).

##vote Demon
I discovered that Demon is scum

Beyond that I can't get into specifics. Trying to protect info from scum. All town needs to know for now is that Demon is scum.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2742 Post by flash2015 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:34 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Well I am not sure why you chose to read it that way... I am confident he is lying... and I assure you, that under hypo #2 I am certain of that.
So are you sure? No backsies if Demon flips town.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2743 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:34 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:29 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:21 pm
This is one of those moments that Squigs has solved something and you all sheep me. Dr is town, Demon is scum. No further questions.
Nah

DrC, you ignored my question: What did you learn by waiting? Why did you choose to claim when you did and not, say, last night, or an hour before the deadline?
Oh come on ghug, you know I wouldn't lead the town astray. I've got a good reason for this.

You do have a point though
@Dr - what did you learn from this delayed reveal?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2744 Post by flash2015 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:35 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:34 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Well I am not sure why you chose to read it that way... I am confident he is lying... and I assure you, that under hypo #2 I am certain of that.
And of course we would lose the game if you are both town.

DrCJG

#2745 Post by DrCJG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:29 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:21 pm
This is one of those moments that Squigs has solved something and you all sheep me. Dr is town, Demon is scum. No further questions.
Nah

DrC, you ignored my question: What did you learn by waiting? Why did you choose to claim when you did and not, say, last night, or an hour before the deadline?
Oh come on ghug, you know I wouldn't lead the town astray. I've got a good reason for this.

You do have a point though
@Dr - what did you learn from this delayed reveal?
For starters I learned that 1 of the following is true: My PR partner didn't think a counter claim was necessary; My PR partner knows I am the doctor and that I should know Demon is lying; or My PR partner doesn't know I am the observer and that she should have counter claimed.

As for what I learned about the scum team... admittedly WIFOM... but I think pretty useful information... that said I don't see why I would announce that before EOD in which I am being lynched or EON... as it may be effected by who I actually think is my PR partner.

bozotheclown

#2746 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:30 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Things make so much more sense now.

I am completely torn on this claim thing, Demon was scummy and a fake claim to save himself make more sense then Dr claiming to save driver. But the timing and lack of specifics make it less credible.

##vote Demon

Beyond that I can't get into specifics. Trying to protect info from scum. All town needs to know for now is that Demon is scum.
Keep in mind that you could be keeping useful information from town as well.

##VOTE DemonRHK

DrCJG

#2747 Post by DrCJG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:49 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:35 pm
flash2015 wrote:
DrCJG wrote:
And of course we would lose the game if you are both town.
I am confident flash...

@Ghug
@Durga
@Bozo
@Worcej
@Bo

If you don't believe me then vote me... but don't let this become a last minute shuffle.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2748 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

##vote Demon

##VOTE DemonRHK
Yeah but I don't need to share it right now. All we need to do is lynch Demon right now.

bozotheclown

#2749 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:50 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 pm
Squigs44 wrote:

##VOTE DemonRHK
Yeah but I don't need to share it right now. All we need to do is lynch Demon right now.
OK, I will assume you are making a claim based on fact and not opinion.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2750 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Squiggs you are the fucking townclear. If you really want to lead lay it out. Let me see why you’re suddendly so far off base and then our team can parse this.

I can’t believe you’re buying into this vagueness. I’m going laugh my ass off if you all lynch me and DrC retracts. I put everything on the table once day started. I would have had no benefit to reveal the miss obs if it was a fake claim, it would have left me open to this kind of shit.

Foxcastle

#2751 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:07 pm

VOTE COUNT

DemonRHK (5) — DrCJG, flash2015, Squigs44, rdrivera2005, bozotheclown
DrCJG (3) — damo666, ND, DemonRHK
flash2015 (2) — ghug, Durga
damo666 (1) — worcej
ghug (1) — bo_sox48

DemonRHK is on the chopping block!
Less than 2 hours remain in Day 5.

DrCJG

#2752 Post by DrCJG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:07 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:57 pm
Squiggs you are the fucking townclear. If you really want to lead lay it out. Let me see why you’re suddendly so far off base and then our team can parse this.

I can’t believe you’re buying into this vagueness. I’m going laugh my ass off if you all lynch me and DrC retracts. I put everything on the table once day started. I would have had no benefit to reveal the miss obs if it was a fake claim, it would have left me open to this kind of shit.
Why would you need the townclear (more so than another player) to lay it out.

And there was no reason for you to reveal your miss obs... except the ability to say this exact statement now. Its a little interesting that you felt declaring at the start of D5 was helpful, but chose not to do so at the end of N4.

And tell me... how did it help town for you to declare that you were the observer at the start of the day?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2753 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:18 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:07 pm
DemonRHK wrote:

And there was no reason for you to reveal your miss obs... except the ability to say this exact statement now. Its a little interesting that you felt declaring at the start of D5 was helpful, but chose not to do so at the end of N4.

And tell me... how did it help town for you to declare that you were the observer at the start of the day?
In the wake of balki’s death I had to claim. His final reads would have seen me a runaway wagon. I wanted to be completely transparent. Start of day is when we get the most information for the longest length of time compared to scum.

I don’t need the townclear to lay it out. Squiggs needs to lay it out for everyone else, otherwise everyone, including scum, get to vote to lynch a PR on ONlY ‘the townclear said to.’

This makes a vote analysis on today completely worthless, and if that happens, they lynch your scum ass tomorrow, and we’re in the same fucking boat, one mislynch, but less PRs and a box closer to going critical.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2754 Post by ghug » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:20 pm

I find it interesting that both claimants are still campaigning as if Squigs lacks anything irrefutable.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2755 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:26 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:20 pm
I find it interesting that both claimants are still campaigning as if Squigs lacks anything irrefutable.
The townclear that didn’t realize how his oracle pull worked you mean? And the one that claims to have slam dunk proof that his town PR is scum? Of course I’m going to try to make people see fucking reason. In a game based around building evidence people are taking the most vague vomit spoon few to them. Townclear be damned Squiggs is doing a pretty solid job of helping the mafia anyway.

damo666

#2756 Post by damo666 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:29 pm

##vote demonrhk

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2757 Post by ghug » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:31 pm

##VOTE DrC

RHK seems legitimately pissed at Squigs and neither claimant seems to really buy that he actually has something.

DrCJG

#2758 Post by DrCJG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:31 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:18 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:07 pm
DemonRHK wrote:

In the wake of balki’s death I had to claim. His final reads would have seen me a runaway wagon. I wanted to be completely transparent. Start of day is when we get the most information for the longest length of time compared to scum.

I don’t need the townclear to lay it out. Squiggs needs to lay it out for everyone else, otherwise everyone, including scum, get to vote to lynch a PR on ONlY ‘the townclear said to.’

This makes a vote analysis on today completely worthless, and if that happens, they lynch your scum ass tomorrow, and we’re in the same fucking boat, one mislynch, but less PRs and a box closer to going critical.
Yes... you did need to fake claim at the end of D4... but you had a good chance of dieing N4 (well you would have if you were actually a town PR) and chose not to claim at the end of the night... instead you decided to claim first thing D5... after you had survived the night... you no longer had any reason to make a statement before end of night 5 unless you could provide town with a lynch or protect from a mislynch... yet you claimed your identity... and again I ask what claiming at this point got you?
ghug wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:20 pm
And I find it interesting you would prefer to sit off either wagon...

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2759 Post by ghug » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:32 pm

I think there are probably scum sheeping Squigs right now regardless of which one is telling the truth.

DrCJG

#2760 Post by DrCJG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:31 pm
##VOTE DrC

RHK seems legitimately pissed at Squigs and neither claimant seems to really buy that he actually has something.
Good on you Ghug for making a decision. I encourage the rest to do so as well. The last thing we want is for a last minute flurry to hide a save.