Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DrCJG

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#2121 Post by DrCJG » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Well guys... I have to be at a rehearsal dinner half an hour after EOD... I will do my best to monitor the end on mobile... but I'd prefer we work our way towards something now.

I know I am town as well as Squigs

I have started treating Balki and Worcej as clear in my head and have to routinely remind myself that they could be scum, so if you have actual reasons to suspect them please make a detailed case.

Bozo, Rdrivera, ND, Bo seem to have dropped off my radar and seemingly off everyone's... if yall are town then bring some fresh ideas, get more vocal, and get us back on track...

I've never understood the push on flash, but I will try and do an iso now.

I have waffled on Ghug... he has given me bad vibes for a while now... maybe I just expected him to die before Vecna (no offense Vecna)... something just seems off and I need to do an iso on him.

Damo, by nature of surviving two close days, has become more suspicious and a flip would provide some better understanding of those days.

At the moment my preferred lynches would be Ike, Durga, Demon in that order.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2122 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:54 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:49 pm
Here is another comment from DemonRHK that looks suspect in retrospect:
Szpot came in a shitty Ezio Special no lynch but has made some solid posts since.
This is also from page 13. I seem to be farming all of my evidence from one post, but that's where I see it.

Now that we know Szpoti was scum, this is the kind of thing a partner would say about him. Trying to suggest that he is thinking negatively about Szpoti while perhaps revealing an actual unease about the Szpoti entrance ("Szpot came in a shitty Ezio Special no lynch") but then sweeping that under the rug so that he can move on to park a vote on Yavuz ("but has made some solid posts since.")

@DemonRHK, what were the "solid posts" you had in mind that you were referring to here?
I'm really failing to see what exactly about this statement is scummy
Well...read my argument and respond to the points I make.

damo666

#2123 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:24 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:11 pm
Ike, Flash, rdrivera + ?

? = Dr ?
OK ? <>Dr

So, who?
Wtf is this shit
What do you not understand?

Durga

#2124 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:00 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:56 pm
Well guys... I have to be at a rehearsal dinner half an hour after EOD... I will do my best to monitor the end on mobile... but I'd prefer we work our way towards something now.

I know I am town as well as Squigs

I have started treating Balki and Worcej as clear in my head and have to routinely remind myself that they could be scum, so if you have actual reasons to suspect them please make a detailed case.

Bozo, Rdrivera, ND, Bo seem to have dropped off my radar and seemingly off everyone's... if yall are town then bring some fresh ideas, get more vocal, and get us back on track...

I've never understood the push on flash, but I will try and do an iso now.

I have waffled on Ghug... he has given me bad vibes for a while now... maybe I just expected him to die before Vecna (no offense Vecna)... something just seems off and I need to do an iso on him.

Damo, by nature of surviving two close days, has become more suspicious and a flip would provide some better understanding of those days.

At the moment my preferred lynches would be Ike, Durga, Demon in that order.
Why do you think Balki is town in your mind?

Durga

#2125 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:56 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:54 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:49 pm
Here is another comment from DemonRHK that looks suspect in retrospect:

This is also from page 13. I seem to be farming all of my evidence from one post, but that's where I see it.

Now that we know Szpoti was scum, this is the kind of thing a partner would say about him. Trying to suggest that he is thinking negatively about Szpoti while perhaps revealing an actual unease about the Szpoti entrance ("Szpot came in a shitty Ezio Special no lynch") but then sweeping that under the rug so that he can move on to park a vote on Yavuz ("but has made some solid posts since.")

@DemonRHK, what were the "solid posts" you had in mind that you were referring to here?
I'm really failing to see what exactly about this statement is scummy
Well...read my argument and respond to the points I make.
Wow, I thought I was actually responding to Squigs here - but this post was from you. What is happening to my mind.

From what I can see is you're just pointing to random shit and are going... yeah, so scummy.

damo666

#2126 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:02 pm

I'm assuming any votes remaining on Yav EOD are simply ignored but count towards fulfilment. Is this right?

Durga

#2127 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:03 pm

I think damo is the driver and he was flat up saved, twice.

damo666

#2128 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:03 pm

This is an expeeriment.

##vote Yav

I will be going back to Ike.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2129 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:07 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:36 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:32 pm
BS

A townie wants to effect their own opinions. A scum is scared by a gun that can be traced back to them. Remember when we were scum together and I got caught in large part because I was awkward with the gun? Deferring to town is exactly the sort of thing scum would do to avoid responsibility.

I don't care that he killed a townie. Yav was a sensible shot. I'm skeptical of how he set it up.
In this setup, it is so easy to hide a gun. Nobody would have found out that DrC had a gun until he used it. So he could just relax as scum and wait to see if there was an optimal moment to use it. That's a pretty low risk option.
But then there's accountability once he does use it. This way he gets to shoot a townie and doesn't appear to have done anything wrong.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2130 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:01 pm
From what I can see is you're just pointing to random shit and are going... yeah, so scummy.
That's not what I'm doing. Engage with my reasons. Paraphrase them back to me and explain why you agree or don't agree. Let's pretend we're lawyers.

Durga

#2131 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:10 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:07 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:32 pm
BS

A townie wants to effect their own opinions. A scum is scared by a gun that can be traced back to them. Remember when we were scum together and I got caught in large part because I was awkward with the gun? Deferring to town is exactly the sort of thing scum would do to avoid responsibility.

I don't care that he killed a townie. Yav was a sensible shot. I'm skeptical of how he set it up.
In this setup, it is so easy to hide a gun. Nobody would have found out that DrC had a gun until he used it. So he could just relax as scum and wait to see if there was an optimal moment to use it. That's a pretty low risk option.
But then there's accountability once he does use it. This way he gets to shoot a townie and doesn't appear to have done anything wrong.
Are you serious. The townie he shot was fucking yav. You were awkward because you shot Maniac who was actually useful to town. He could have absolutely waited till the box was a bit removed before shooting, or he could have shot someone useful if he was getting scum read.

You had to claim the gun because Damian gave it to you. This is so different.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2132 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:13 pm

ghug wrote:
Do you see the extreme benefit from hiding a gun in this setup? As scum, you never know when you're going to desperately need for a PR to die, especially when town has a living and hidden watcher and doctor.

You can hide the gun and use it later, at a time when there could be 3+ other shooter suspects.

Granted, using the gun in the way DR. C did is a way to score town points and become a deep threat, and that is plausible too, but I am surprised you find his actions with the gun scum-indicative. I think I would have used a gun, as town, in the exact same way DR. C did.

damo666

#2133 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:03 pm
This is an expeeriment.

##vote Yav

I will be going back to Ike.
Records as INVALID

##vote RagingIke

Durga

#2134 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:14 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:08 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:01 pm
That's not what I'm doing. Engage with my reasons. Paraphrase them back to me and explain why you agree or don't agree. Let's pretend we're lawyers.
I can't out-lawyer a lawyer!

RagingIke297

#2135 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:16 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 pm
@Ike: Other than your cased based on votes (The one that shows leading wagons are voting for other leading wagons, shocker), why do you think I am scum?
Alright, finally getting to this, my scum read of you hinges mostly on Damo now that I've gone back through and got all my thoughts together.

Clipping these from the bot because I'm on mobile, but these are the 4 times you have mentioned Damo the entire game:

Late day 1:
I don’t scumread damo.
Late day 2:
I still don’t see damo as scum
Later day 2:
Damo isn’t scum, breaking tie
Night 2:
((referring to town reads)) damo (Scum wouldn’t act like that under the gallows, especially twice)
So you townread him since day 1 and the only reason you can give is because of his reactions to almost getting lynched? Why did you town read him before that?

Damo is even more ridiculous, he flips between town reading you and scum reading you as is convenient for him, he's flopped at least 4 times now and to me it looks like he's a scum PR and you're (demon) a goon that is trying to save him at all costs.

Can we please lynch one of these two (demon/damo) today? Demon and Flash are almost certain to flip to me, so unless the rest of us get together on a single person I'm going to be the next scum driven mislynch.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2136 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:10 pm
ghug wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Are you serious. The townie he shot was fucking yav. You were awkward because you shot Maniac who was actually useful to town. He could have absolutely waited till the box was a bit removed before shooting, or he could have shot someone useful if he was getting scum read.

You had to claim the gun because Damian gave it to you. This is so different.
Hiding it for a day and a half is suspicious to begin with, and the idea he could trivially hide it forever is silly, because we know who's had the box, and their assignments and items are likely to come out over time.

I feel like you're intentionally missing my point here. I don't give a fuck that he asked yav, I'm bothered by the fact that he hid it for so long and then simply asked Squigs who to shoot at a time where the most sensible shot just happened to be a townie.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2137 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:24 pm

I don't give a fuck that he shot yav*

bozotheclown

#2138 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:29 pm

I am just getting back from a busy and mostly computer free day. A lot of interesting developments. I will update my vote when I am caught up.

bozotheclown

#2139 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:37 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:56 pm
Been a while, but Im back now. Haven't seen one of these posted yet and I think it's useful so here we go.

Day 1

thdfrance (10) — ghug, Vecna, Tom Bombadil, RagingIke297, Balki Bartokomous, worcej, flash2015, DrCJG, DemonRHK, damo666
damo666 (6) — ND, peterlund, Squigs44, Durga, bozotheclown, thdfrance
DemonRHK (4) — rdrivera2005, xorxes, yavuzovic, bo_sox48
No‑Lynch (1) — Szpoti

Day 2
peterlund (8) — Durga, bo_sox48, ghug, DrCJG, Damo666, DemonRHK, Balki Bartokomous, flash2015
damo666 (6) — Squigs44, bozotheclown, ND, yavuzovic, peterlund, vecna
DemonRHK (3) — rdrivera2005, RagingIke297, xorxes
xorxes (1) — worcej
yavuzovic (1) — Ezio

Looking at this, a few things stand out, a bunch of people voted the same way both days, the Szpoti/Ezio slot ended on some obscure 1 vote wagon, Rdr ended both days on RHK, ND and Bozo have ended both days on Damo finally, Ghug, Balki, Flash, DrCJG, RHK and Damo have ended on the lynch. The last five of that last group ( Balki, Flash, DrCJG, RHK and Damo) have been either the last five or in the last six both days.

Including all days, RHK and Damo have sheeped each other 100% since EOD 1. Minutes away from the noose on day 1 and they both townread each other enough to not vote for each other and I believe that one or both of them have been saved both days by some of the others in that group I mentioned earlier (Balki, Flash, DrCJG) Once again today, they have all 4 voted the same way (DrCJG hasn't voted yet) going after someone they have an opportunity to lynch because others have expressed a scum read, which is right where I would expect them.

Thoughts?
I think the implication that DemonRHK and damo could be scum together and that the thdfrance and peterlund wagons were providing protection for both of them is interesting. It certainly seems consistent with the D1 and D2 voting.

damo666

#2140 Post by damo666 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:39 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:16 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 pm
@Ike: Other than your cased based on votes (The one that shows leading wagons are voting for other leading wagons, shocker), why do you think I am scum?
Alright, finally getting to this, my scum read of you hinges mostly on Damo now that I've gone back through and got all my thoughts together.

Clipping these from the bot because I'm on mobile, but these are the 4 times you have mentioned Damo the entire game:

Late day 1:
I don’t scumread damo.
Late day 2:
I still don’t see damo as scum
Later day 2:
Damo isn’t scum, breaking tie
Night 2:
((referring to town reads)) damo (Scum wouldn’t act like that under the gallows, especially twice)
So you townread him since day 1 and the only reason you can give is because of his reactions to almost getting lynched? Why did you town read him before that?

Damo is even more ridiculous, he flips between town reading you and scum reading you as is convenient for him, he's flopped at least 4 times now and to me it looks like he's a scum PR and you're (demon) a goon that is trying to save him at all costs.

Can we please lynch one of these two (demon/damo) today? Demon and Flash are almost certain to flip to me, so unless the rest of us get together on a single person I'm going to be the next scum driven mislynch.
Where do I flip/flop on DemonRHK ???