Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#2981 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 11, 2024 9:20 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:16 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm
After reviewing how D4 went, I realized that Vecna and Bonatogether have likely been bussing sweetandcool.

I still think sweetandcool is mafia and is trying to get out in front of the cop claim.

##VOTE Vecna
You think a very great amount of bussing is taking place, don't you Bozo?

You think that Vecna has been bussing Sweetandcool, and that Sweetandcool has now concocted a grand scheme to bus Vecna even harder in return?
I love it, imagine the contention going on in Mafia chat.

sweetandcool: Why the heck did you bus me Vecna?
Vecna: Dude, you were looking scummy AF. Bona even caught you D1.
sweetandcool: Alright, I'm going to make sure you get it D5!

sweetandcool

#2983 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 11, 2024 9:20 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm
After reviewing how D4 went, I realized that Vecna and Bonatogether have likely been bussing sweetandcool.

I still think sweetandcool is mafia and is trying to get out in front of the cop claim.

##VOTE Vecna
Well, thanks for voting Vecna first.

Jamiet99uk

#2985 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 11, 2024 9:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:20 pm
##VOTE Bonatogether
Make your mind up!
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Jamiet99uk

#2986 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 11, 2024 9:34 pm

Oh he's doing the annoying thing where he votes for all his scumpool in quick succession.

Yawn.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

BunnyGo

#2987 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 11, 2024 9:36 pm

I was roleblocked.

I hate hate hate sweets play SO MUCH.

I hate it as town!sweet

I hate it as scum!sweet

I hate it because this is what he’d do…and I just fundamentally disagree with what he did.

It’s like damo not calling his shot first. Got excited. Didn’t stop to consider this is a team game and shot his wad like an overeager virgin.

If he’s town:
Why not wait 24-36 hours? Huh? Let the day develop. See how things go. Maybe we get Vecna anyways.

Why arbitrarily decide to tell us Vecna? Huh? Why not tell us the other guilty? I KNOW WHY.

If sweet is scum…well…this is a bad play because he should play like he’s town and wait 24 hours and then throw a monkey wrench at us with a convincing lie.

So…sweet made what I consider a blunder; an unforced error…now what?

Grrr. Imma gonna go’nd have sum suppah. And when I get back I’ll think all this through.

In summation: Bunny was RBd, and sweet was like a virgin on prom night and just as impactful for his partner(s).

That said…the scum team knows my hyposcans are legit. So take that into consideration.

Lates!
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

bozotheclown

#2988 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 11, 2024 9:36 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:14 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 8:50 pm
Lots of good looking analysis so far.

I look sufficiently good that I'm going to focus on productive analysis rather than wasteful defense.

I will however address the bussing theory that has naturally blossomed, but I'm only going to say this once:

Every game that Will and I have been teammates has involved massive bussing. So suspecting it occured yet again is only natural. However, if you look back at those previous occasions you will see that when I initiated bussing it was because I felt like Will looked so scummy that I absolutely could not resist voting him.

This game was quite different. My suspicion of Will was present and reasonable, but not strong. I feel that if I was Mafia that I would have been a lot more emphatic with my read on Will.

I am proud of my streak on reading Will correctly, I think only my first game with him did I get him wrong. Bona and I deserve credit for locking him away, but feel free not to locktown us too hastily.
you are also scum
This is where it first seemed Bonatogether was bussing sweetandcool.

BunnyGo

#2989 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 11, 2024 9:38 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:34 pm
Ok. I am hypo-pathetically the cop.

Night 1: bozo: SCUM!!
Night 2: ghug: TOWN
Night 3: HamBone: TOWN
For those who need reminding. Note…VECNA AND SWEET are not part of my scans. Nor am I claiming cop, just hypopathetically.

And I did not scan anyone last night for real or hypothetically…I was role blocked.

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#2990 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 11, 2024 9:40 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:38 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:34 pm
Ok. I am hypo-pathetically the cop.

Night 1: bozo: SCUM!!
Night 2: ghug: TOWN
Night 3: HamBone: TOWN
For those who need reminding. Note…VECNA AND SWEET are not part of my scans. Nor am I claiming cop, just hypopathetically.

And I did not scan anyone last night for real or hypothetically…I was role blocked.
Also note: in the case I *am* the cop I did see and believe that sweet saw my crumbs. I may have lied about my hypo scans knowing he’d correct the record. Hypothetically of course.

sweetandcool

#2991 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 11, 2024 9:43 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:36 pm
I was roleblocked.

I hate it as town!sweet

I hate it as scum!sweet

I hate it because this is what he’d do…and I just fundamentally disagree with what he did.

It’s like damo not calling his shot first. Got excited. Didn’t stop to consider this is a team game and shot his wad like an overeager virgin.

If he’s town:
Why not wait 24-36 hours? Huh? Let the day develop. See how things go. Maybe we get Vecna anyways.

Why arbitrarily decide to tell us Vecna? Huh? Why not tell us the other guilty? I KNOW WHY.

If sweet is scum…well…this is a bad play because he should play like he’s town and wait 24 hours and then throw a monkey wrench at us with a convincing lie.

Grrr. Imma gonna go’nd have sum suppah. And when I get back I’ll think all this through.

In summation: Bunny was RBd, and sweet was like a virgin on prom night and just as impactful for his partner(s).

That said…the scum team knows my hyposcans are legit. So take that into consideration.

Lates!
My main motivation was that I was worried that if I didn't announce right out of the gate, Mafia would fake claim Clerk. And if the real Clerk got involved and lost the CC battle we would practically be lost.

That being said, I realize now I screwed up. I should have claimed and if a CC battle erupted it would have been Mafia vs me. Highly doubtful that Cop would be dumb enough to CC a correct scan.

I feel terrible about this, I am really sorry for jumping the gun.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2992 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 11, 2024 9:43 pm

Well that's something. Not really a counterclaim but certainly a contradiction.

Sweet vs Bunny.

BunnyGo

#2993 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 11, 2024 9:44 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:43 pm

Sweet vs Bunny.
I see no contradiction based on what I said at all.

BunnyGo

#2994 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 11, 2024 9:45 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:36 pm
I was roleblocked.

I hate it as town!sweet

I hate it as scum!sweet

If he’s town:

Lates!
My main motivation was that I was worried that if I didn't announce right out of the gate, Mafia would fake claim Clerk. And if the real Clerk got involved and lost the CC battle we would practically be lost.

That being said, I realize now I screwed up. I should have claimed and if a CC battle erupted it would have been Mafia vs me. Highly doubtful that Cop would be dumb enough to CC a correct scan.

I feel terrible about this, I am really sorry for jumping the gun.
Meh. I shot bofa after getting overeager too. We’ve all been screw ups. Some of us here probably still are!!

BunnyGo

#2995 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 11, 2024 9:46 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:44 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Sweet vs Bunny.
I see no contradiction based on what I said at all.
Looks like “yes and” to me

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2996 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 11, 2024 9:48 pm

Ok, yeah...I get that now.

Could we say that IF sweet were mafia, had seen those crumbs, cop would have been dead N4?

sweetandcool

#2997 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 11, 2024 9:49 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:48 pm

Could we say that IF sweet were mafia, had seen those crumbs, cop would have been dead N4?
That or more likely the Cop would be permanently roleblocked.

bozotheclown

#2998 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:49 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

My guess is that you still weren't sure whether Spartaculous was the cop until he flipped VT.

sweetandcool

#2999 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 11, 2024 9:58 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:49 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

My guess is that you still weren't sure whether Spartaculous was the cop until he flipped VT.
I think I know the real reason why he was flipped, but it's probably better not to say anything right now.

We just need to flip Vecna. Then we can get to the next guilty. Hope we get another scan or two off, solve the game.

bozotheclown

#3000 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 11, 2024 10:03 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:26 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:12 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:04 am
In addition to my rejection of this plan as a matter of principle, I can't help but think there is something desperately wrong with it.

I wonder why it's not standard practice to follow this plan in all other vanilla games? Or is it standard practice and I am ignorant?

Is Bunny just suggesting Clerk claim?

I violently want to Scum and Town Bunny over all of this.
It has been done before, with mixed success. The idea is to know the cop's scans if they are NKed without them having to claim.
Oh okay, then we should definitely not do the plan.

I have already figured out who the true cop is and noticed their scan crumbs. I'd rather not force them to be "obvious".
Did you change your mind about who the cop was after this?