Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

#2681 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:47 am

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:28 am
It appears I am either the PI, the Mail Man, the Middle Manager, or the Corrupt Cop or Email Hacker (which are just Mafia versions of the above). Any thoughts on which of those I might be?
I think that would make you the middle manager now.

PI is rip, mail man is brain, jamie is corrupt cop and for you to be email hacker you would've needed to scan jamie. Since you scanned bob, as email hacker, you would not have gotten "Electoral Commissions Officer", but whatever bob returned. And I'm 99.9% sure you wouldn't fake claim this result if you were mafia. And since you were the very first one to claim that special result, there isn't a chance you copied it from jamie.

But since you targeted bob and you have to be middle manager, we know bob targeted food. Who might be sicko because of it. Well, chances are Jamie is sicko and faked his result into your result. But I think it is more likely he is just corrupt cop having also scanned food and sharing with his team.

===

With this, we could still do the whole mail man brainbomb targeting middle manager D&W targeting detective who targets one of the mafia candidates we're more unsure of (brian maybe?). I think sweet is more likely to be detective, but it's your decision if you choose to trust bozo. If you scan mafia you reveal who they targeted so you might detect a lie with that. But if you choose correctly and target our detective, you reveal the role of his target.

Kakarroto

#2682 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:48 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:29 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:26 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:24 pm
SO how are we going to run our nighttime checks this time? What's the most advantageous scenario?
Either scum will kill me, or they will try a CC battle with me. Probably the former.

But just in case, I will simply try to use my power most optimally.
If you are town why would scum kill you? It would disclose Bozo as scum no? They will kill a clear, probably me.
won't mafia want to silence our scan abilities as fast as they can? We should try to save them as best as we can. But who to save?

detective is in contention and would reveal a mafia. They might just rip the bandage off to get it done, but maybe not.

middle man revealing the role is huge, but only the target's target, so it needs coordination. Mafia might want to get rid of it asap, but could think they are save if they see that no one important is targeted

news host can be big, but also they can be meh since they only show the message the target gets, fully depending on the target. But that official announcement is big

mail man can copy a scan, so maybe they want to get rid of it too. Especially if there is a plan how to nullify their sicko.

I don't think mafia will target you damo, you tell people who they are, but most know already. You can clear yourself, but to be 100% sure, you can target another (near) clear.

Suggestion: damo targeting chaqa, and chaqa targeting damo; that way they can clear each other to 100%

with the mass claim, I don't see a better use of both your deliveries. Maybe to confirm some town roles, but that goes only to the recipient, town will not really get more info by you two doing your PR actions. So mafia would much more likely target other roles.

doc and rb might also be targets for mafia since they have the chance to reduce their impact of the game and there is only one 'copy' of each in game (anymore). But if they leave a coordinated information gain by our investigators unchecked, they would be royally screwed.

@everyone So I think trying to save our investigators is the best we can do, right? What are your thoughts? I need more input here!

Kakarroto

#2683 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:48 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:08 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:04 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:03 am

Bozo is, not me, but I think sweet more likely scum of the pair.
Why?
Sweet keeps changing his story and I scumread him early on.

There were 3 possibilities for me when Bozo confirmed me by declaring he had had his role revealed to him. It would have been a brave scummove. Not impossible but sweet looks much more likely imo.
I checked and bozo took quite a time to post his message. It's long after you claimed your message.

I think it more likely that bozo lies here than sweet about the situation. However, I don't know how much that's worth since I totally misread food and jamie.

Kakarroto

#2684 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:48 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:08 am
Oooo, this is exciting actually (this may have already been posted by someone else)

If I am town, then I am detective.

Which means Bozo is lying and is Mafia.
Which means I scanned Jamiet and they are Mafia.

So when I flip, we will have caught two Mafia.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Alternative insane conspiracy theory that really shouldn't be true:

Jamiet is the (scum) Police Commissioner and targeted a teammate. I am Mail Man and returned his return which would be "Mafia".

In that case Bozo actually could be Detective.

But really, this is practically impossible and mind boggling. But technically possible.
for the second possibility, that would make brain not mail man. That would either mean brain is mafia fake claiming or baby is mafia fake claiming.

brain already had a theory about baby being mafia. Maybe two very unlikely situations happened here? Something to keep in mind.

Kakarroto

#2685 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:48 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:53 am
I'm looking at the game from a point of view where the scum team is Bob + bozo + jamiet and 2 unknowns. At one point in time kakarotto deduced that two of woc/hamilton//BK3K are scum. Now that we have confirmation or near-confirmation BK3K is lobbyist, are woc and hamilton the final two scum slots? Is Bob + bozo + jamiet + hamilton + woc a team solve?
it might be, at least I think that is our best bet currently, right? Like there is a chance you, frog, are sicko who targeted chaqa, but you would know you are the curfew enforcer. I think there still exist some niché probabilities we miss something, but that team looks good to me. Well I mean they are the 'evil' faction, so not good good, but like as a guess. Also I'm sure all those people are lovely <3

Kakarroto

#2686 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:49 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:11 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:10 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:09 am

You have to spell it out like I'm five. You saying it doesn't mean squat to me. There's so much innuendo going around, and we're not 100% sure on these claims. We strung up Food on that very basis.
Tell me how you feel about woc, bob, jamiet and bozo's alignments?
Explain it to me like I'm 5.
hami bubu, this froggywoggy wanna know. That clownie there, is he funny? Does he make you laugh? Do you likey him?

and your friend bobby, you know, the one who coughs a lot, is he nice to you? Does he play with you a lot?

that uncle, you know, with the bad wife, who is gone now, what do you think of him? yes the one who travels a lot and gives you candy from all the different cities.

and this jamie, you know, the one who makes loud music, he's nice right? he did teach you a few new words from other countries. Yes, that one. You like him?

Kakarroto

#2687 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:49 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:30 am
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:28 am
It appears I am either the PI, the Mail Man, the Middle Manager, or the Corrupt Cop or Email Hacker (which are just Mafia versions of the above). Any thoughts on which of those I might be?
Maybe bob is email hacker and you are middle manager because email hacker is the scum role which makes most sense to target the night kill?
oooohhhh

would that work?

##CALL GM if a role who gets the targets target as return message targets the mafia role that does their action on one target and the NK action on the other target, what would that role get as return? Both the target for the NK AND their action? Only their role action target? Does mafia even need sending someone specific to target the nk? Is a single mafia even able to do actions to two different targets or would they need to be on the same target?

for example, the middle manager targeting the sicko who nk's target A and rb's target B

Further question: is the nk being able to be blocked by the curfew enforcer?

Kakarroto

#2688 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:49 am

TheMadMonarch wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:03 am
TheMadMonarch wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:02 am
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:17 am
##Call GM
Please clarify under what circumstances the Door Darter would return undelivered
A) The person is home via Curfew enforcer etc
B) The person is using a night action
C) Other
The Door-Darter returns Undelivered if they are unable to perform their action. This will happen if they are roleblocked, killed, or if their target is protected or killed.
"Protected" here is the HR manager. The doctor won't stop delicious food.
you should have a word with my doctor, he always says I should eat less Schnitzel :lol:

Kakarroto

#2689 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:51 am

Nephthys wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:34 am
I've solved it

Bob please confirm that you returned ECO and then ill post the solution
@bob you should really do that. Maybe you want to wait for EoN and make a big post about it, but Neph here would really love your info

Nephthys

#2690 Post by Nephthys » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:55 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:51 am
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:34 am
I've solved it

Bob please confirm that you returned ECO and then ill post the solution
@bob you should really do that. Maybe you want to wait for EoN and make a big post about it, but Neph here would really love your info
Neph would

Kakarroto

#2691 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:19 am

Suggestions for PR night actions:

Curfew Enforcer: I'm not 100% sure who you are, but I think to 99.9% it's frog. If not, frog is sicko. I want you to hunt for this sicko. RB him into oblivion. With this you will guaranteed rob mafia of 50% of their power. Maybe even 100% if they choose the sicko to do the nk. But lock him away. Make him wear a mask. That would be huge for our doc and investigators!

Door dasher and Paper delivery boy: I suggest you two (damo chaqa?) confirm each other by visiting each other. I know the paper delivery boy also tells you your role, but you will rob mafia any fakeclaim chance for the delivery brackets. And your biggest power, to show that you are town, will be empowered if you just clear each other.

detective: sweet, bozo; both of you know who is fake claiming here. You don't need to scan the other. Better check one we aren't fully sure of, like Brian. The exact choice is yours, just don't forget to tell who you are going to scan, maybe around EoD or so to rob mafia the info who will be scanned. FWIW I think sweet is our detective.

middle manager: pretty sure now it's D&W; so if you are up for the chain scan, you should target our detective in case mafia decides to nk him. I think detective is sweet, but if you are absolute sure bozo is detective, scan him. At least we will know who he will target then if he is mafia. In case the chain scan isn't done, I suggest targeting someone who you know (and I mean know) of who they target. That will be valuable info too.

mail man: pretty sure it's brain; like above, the chain scan might still make sense, so you should talk to D&W if you would do that. It might be a bit of a waste of investigation power, but it guarantees solid info in case mafia tries to manipulate. Maybe a bit overkill when our curfew enforcer rb's their rb. Other than that, if you choose to use it as a free scan, that's fine too. It could hit a target that returns low info (like success or so), but it's your power, I'm sure you're responsible with it.

news host: targeting either sweet or bozo might be good. Maybe even D&W, but rb could mess with you here. I don't think you should hunt for mafia roles, but please don't forget to post your target before EoN.

Lobbyist: I suggest targeting a confirmed town to give them +1 vote. Whoever you choose, please say so before EoN.

Ruber Driver: maybe you should check either bozo or sweet for who they target, so you can confirm what they are claiming and to make 100% clear (if the chain I suggested is done) who the role our middle manager scanned belongs to. Best to coordinate with the middle manager (D&W).

bozotheclown

#2692 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:44 am

That was a good play by sweetandcool to get foodcoats DKed, but his flip has resolved some things:
1. foodcoats being the ECO confirms Jamie as mafia. Jamie reporting ECO as a result makes it almost certain he is the Police Commissioner and reported a real result.
2. foodcoats being the ECO confirms sweetandcool is mafia from my perspective, probably the Corrupt Cop who initially tried to hide in the delivered/undelivered group then switched to the town/mafia group when he realized foodcoats was the ECO and roleblocked.
3. Jamie being mafia confirms that Diplomacy&Warfare is the Middle Manager, and Diplomacy&Warfare's report confirms Bob targeted foodcoats and roleblocked him, making Bob the Sicko or Curfew Enforcer.
4. foodcoats being the ECO confirms lfischl is the doctor.
5. The vote count being correct confirms BK3K did target Bob and is the Lobbyist.

I know damo is the Paper Delivery Boy, heart is the Internal Affairs, and worcej is town. Kakarroto is the only one who fit as News Host, and Chaqa is now confirmed as the Door-Darter.

The roleblocks indicate that Frogsterking and Bob are the Sicko and Curfew Enforcer in either order.

That leaves brainbomb, Nephthys, worcej, and Hamilton for Mail Man, Ruber Driver, Corrupt Cop, and DaDa Driver, but I know worcej is town, so he must be the Mail Man, making brainbomb the E-Mail Hacker. Nephthys report of a player ID is consistent with Ruber Driver and DaDa Driver, but Hamilton’s claim is not, making Nephthys the Ruber Driver and Hamilton the DaDa Driver with a fake claim report.

So, unless I made a mistake, the only ambiguity left for me is which one of Frogsterking and Bob is the Sicko and which one is the Curfew Enforcer. Although Bob not claiming does look suspicious, it appears the rest of the mafia followed the list, so I think Frogsterking is probably the Sicko.

That leaves this:
babyspice: Polster
BK3K: Lobbyist
Bob: Curfew Enforcer (possibly Sicko)
bozo: Detective
brainbomb: E-Mail Hacker
Chaqa: Door-Darter
damo: Paper Delivery Boy
Diplomacy&Warfare: Middle Manager
Frogsterking: Sicko (possibly Curfew Enforcer)
Hamilton: DaDa Driver
heart: Internal Affairs
Jamie: Police Commissioner
Kakarroto: News Host
Lfischl: Doctor
Nephthys: Ruber Driver
sweetandcool: Corrupt Cop
worcej: Mail Man

This means the mafia team is brainbomb, Hamilton, Jamie, sweetandcool, and one of Frogsterking and Bob.

Nephthys

#2693 Post by Nephthys » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:55 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:44 am
That was a good play by sweetandcool to get foodcoats DKed, but his flip has resolved some things:
1. foodcoats being the ECO confirms Jamie as mafia. Jamie reporting ECO as a result makes it almost certain he is the Police Commissioner and reported a real result.
2. foodcoats being the ECO confirms sweetandcool is mafia from my perspective, probably the Corrupt Cop who initially tried to hide in the delivered/undelivered group then switched to the town/mafia group when he realized foodcoats was the ECO and roleblocked.
3. Jamie being mafia confirms that Diplomacy&Warfare is the Middle Manager, and Diplomacy&Warfare's report confirms Bob targeted foodcoats and roleblocked him, making Bob the Sicko or Curfew Enforcer.
5. The vote count being correct confirms BK3K did target Bob and is the Lobbyist.

I know damo is the Paper Delivery Boy, heart is the Internal Affairs, and worcej is town. Kakarroto is the only one who fit as News Host, and Chaqa is now confirmed as the Door-Darter.

The roleblocks indicate that Frogsterking and Bob are the Sicko and Curfew Enforcer in either order.

That leaves brainbomb, Nephthys, worcej, and Hamilton for Mail Man, Ruber Driver, Corrupt Cop, and DaDa Driver, but I know worcej is town, so he must be the Mail Man, making brainbomb the E-Mail Hacker. Nephthys report of a player ID is consistent with Ruber Driver and DaDa Driver, but Hamilton’s claim is not, making Nephthys the Ruber Driver and Hamilton the DaDa Driver with a fake claim report.

So, unless I made a mistake, the only ambiguity left for me is which one of Frogsterking and Bob is the Sicko and which one is the Curfew Enforcer. Although Bob not claiming does look suspicious, it appears the rest of the mafia followed the list, so I think Frogsterking is probably the Sicko.

That leaves this:

This means the mafia team is brainbomb, Hamilton, Jamie, sweetandcool, and one of Frogsterking and Bob.
Thanks lol

Nephthys

#2694 Post by Nephthys » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:08 am

You know what, I don't how much time I'll have tomorrow so imma just post everything now and then try to respond to all questions in the morning

Nephthys

#2695 Post by Nephthys » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:10 am

Final Roles
Corrupt Cop Hamilton
Sicko Jamie
PC Sweet/bozo
Dada ?baby
Email Hacker Dip

Doctor Fisch
Detective Sweet/Bozo
IA Heartthrob
PI Bunny (RIP)
PDB Damo
Ruber Driver Neph
Mailman Kak
Curfew Enforer Frog
HR Will (RIP)
ECO Food (RIP)
MM Bob
News host Worcej
Door Darter Chaqa
Pollster Brain
Lobbyist Bk3K

Nephthys

#2696 Post by Nephthys » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:11 am

Short hand of my logic

Chaqa/Food/Fisch all failed - Doctor/Sicko/CE
Jamie likely RB food, Frog likely RB Chaqa -> one is mafia
If Jamie roleblocked food, then Bob MUST be Middle manager
Given there are no other claims for a role return Dip must be CC OR Mailman and CC lied (This may be Jamie and he is Sicko)
Given Fisch also failed, this makes them likely the doctor

Either Worcej OR Bk3K must be NH (Success followed by Success)
As Bob is middle manager, thus returned ECO. Worcej is NH
Bob must have received ECO as his reveal for Jamie/Dip to both receive this
Bob and Dip are either MM/MM/EH

If the above statement by bob is correct then Chaqa/Damo are both town

Either sweet or Bozo is mafia

The Lobbyist targetted either BoB/Heart or Baby AND returned success
BK3K must be the lobbyist

Hearthrob is IA

For the claims to add up, the mail man MUST have recevied success
Therefore Dip is the email hacker
Kak targetted Frog who received success
Hamilton visited Damo who got delivered
Therefore Kak is mailman and Hamilton is scum

Brain is the pollster
Baby cannot be either dada driver OR ruber driver
In lieu of further claims, Neph must be the ruber driver

Nephthys

#2697 Post by Nephthys » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:12 am

And because if I'm right then I must be able to say why everyone else is wrong so lets goooo

Nephthys

#2698 Post by Nephthys » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:12 am

Nephthys wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:55 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:44 am

That leaves this:

Thanks lol
Babyspice CANNOT by the pollster as Fisch targetted BK3K the day before but the scan returned will

Nephthys

#2699 Post by Nephthys » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:17 am

The fact that unreavelled the read list is the

Food was ECO
Jamie targetted Food
Sweet targetted jamie - and reports mafia NOT ECO
Bob targetted someone with an unknown response
Dip targetted Bob and returned ECO

Therefore Bob must have got the ROLE of Jamies target not the copy of his results thus forcing him to be the middle man

Nephthys

#2700 Post by Nephthys » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:17 am

I'm inclined to believe bozo is scum as well given the babyspice oversight
Thats pretty basic level considering the level of thought that he normally puts into this