Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1181 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 pm

Replying to Fox's points, P56

-On lurkers: I've said it before, but the gist is while I'm no board with lynching lurkers (reedeer is sticking out to me in this respect), I believe the push you made was middle of D1, against two players I respect enough to give benefit of the doubt for. I've played with Vaah and bo enough to know the both of them are capable of coming in D2 cold and contributing. In addition, your point is rendered much less effective since your chastising me for not joining the wagon the scum was on.

-On Tom, P4: Intentionally weak as stated in that very same post. It was making light of the fact Tom's entire case was voting me for saying I did not plan to lurk after explaining why I missed multiple hours at game start.

-On Mentoring and Jamie: I made that point during a catchup post. I did not mention Jamie mentoring as well. At the time, I was townreading Jamie, but I completely omitted it.

-On Rj, P11: As has been stated, many people made this point, and did a lot to shape my reads of him that still hold to this point. However, I'm not going to go into that, I'm putting Rj aside for now so I can focus on hunting without the tunnel bias.

-On Maniac's vote: A townie vote for sure, but made on the same illogical basis as Tom's vote. Broke down to 'Super active after being called out for saying he'd be active'

-On Rj, P20: I backed down a hair at the time as Rj put together real points for a short time, then lost it all back N1. Again, I don't plan to get into it for now.

-On Brain/Jamie: This is complete fabrication or a gross misread:
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:53 pm
I've had some suspicions on Jamie related to brain already, his normal Jamie v Brain seems more forced than usual from Jamie's side.

It's less 'Fuck brain he's spammy scum' like I'm used to and more 'Brain needs to shut the hell up before he incites a slip'

Balki's points are solid. But until he shows up I'm remaining on Tom.

I won't lynch Brain or ND, and I'm now leaning no on Balki. Tom, Jamie, and Bozo I'm all fine with.
I stated that in their normal back and forth I am used to, Jamie seems out of place, and has real heat for brain this game instead of the standard bickering. I even stated brain was out of the question for a lynch.

reedeer1

#1182 Post by reedeer1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:24 pm

I know this is bad, but I have the flu and am too sick to be able to read what I missed before EOD, so as to not get mod killed, and I have said before ##vote Ezio

ND

#1183 Post by ND » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:39 pm

@Bo: I hate to break it to you but your case against me is really bad. First, your opinions about my lines of questioning are just that your opinion. Also, your analysis of my scum play is wrong, but whatever. For one, name me one time as a scum role that I bussed a scum team mate D1. I am no saying that disqualifies me as no one is town clear, but it is totally contrary to my meta. If you are going to use meta as an argument you need to consider that as well.

Never said there was an effort to save Jamie. The lynch was between me, Jamie, and Balki and I don’t think Balki is scum. I know I am not scum. So, that left Jamie and bingo I was right. I had even questioned Jamie earlier in the game because I was suspicious of his play.

Anyway, follow through with your vote. I promise you when I flip you will look very silly and will truly achieve your meta award ‘Bo is the Worst’.

thamrick

#1184 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:40 pm

From last game's mafia QT:

"Brain is actually terrifying as scum because he pegs every team member twice a day."

... I must say I've worried about this more than once this game.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1185 Post by Maniac » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:42 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:31 pm
Maniac wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 pm
@bo_sox48 - you made a really good point about Jamie not trying to save himself which casts shade onto ND and Balki. You also suspect Yavuz. Out of those three who would be your top scum read.

Do you have a gun?
What idiot would give a maniac a gun?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1186 Post by Maniac » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:50 pm

@ezio - you need to revote please

@Brainbomb - you need to unhammer if you wouldn't mind

Foxcastle

#1187 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:51 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 pm

-On Brain/Jamie: This is complete fabrication or a gross misread:
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:53 pm
I've had some suspicions on Jamie related to brain already, his normal Jamie v Brain seems more forced than usual from Jamie's side.

It's less 'Fuck brain he's spammy scum' like I'm used to and more 'Brain needs to shut the hell up before he incites a slip'

Balki's points are solid. But until he shows up I'm remaining on Tom.

I won't lynch Brain or ND, and I'm now leaning no on Balki. Tom, Jamie, and Bozo I'm all fine with.
I stated that in their normal back and forth I am used to, Jamie seems out of place, and has real heat for brain this game instead of the standard bickering. I even stated brain was out of the question for a lynch.
Yeah, I maybe read more into than is there, in regards to Brain being scum. I was tunneling, I guess.

bozotheclown

#1188 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:03 pm

@Tom: You said I “voted ND right after snowy started the wagon and then dropped off the face of the earth”, but I voted for ND less than 3 hours before EOD and stated that I did not expect to be back on before EOD, and snowy put the second vote on ND over an hour before my vote. I was not trying to distance myself from the ND wagon, I put ND at three votes to tie Demon as the top wagon because ND was my top suspect among those with more than one vote.

bozotheclown

#1189 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:08 pm

@Maniac: You asked brain "Why did you give me a gun?" on page 53, was this a mistake? Perhaps you meant to ask why he did not give you a gun?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1191 Post by Maniac » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:19 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:08 pm
@Maniac: You asked brain "Why did you give me a gun?" on page 53, was this a mistake? Perhaps you meant to ask why he did not give you a gun?
perhaps - who knows. I'd still like an answer Brainbomb

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1192 Post by Maniac » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 pm

@foxcastle - is it DemonDHK that you're accusing of treating jamie and myself differently?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1193 Post by Maniac » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:23 pm

Brainbomb in pregame thread - "Im just gonna say maniac is clear town pregame soulread"

Man he's good

brainbomb

#1194 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:23 pm

We are the same thing Maniac

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1195 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:24 pm

ND wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:39 pm
@Bo: I hate to break it to you but your case against me is really bad. First, your opinions about my lines of questioning are just that your opinion. Also, your analysis of my scum play is wrong, but whatever. For one, name me one time as a scum role that I bussed a scum team mate D1. I am no saying that disqualifies me as no one is town clear, but it is totally contrary to my meta. If you are going to use meta as an argument you need to consider that as well.
Your meta is being analytical. You have done zero analysis. You're lazy, but you're not deadweight. So far this game, you've been deadweight. People like brainbomb are letting you get away with it too by walking back on what they said about your case when I made it. It's disappointing that we're halfway through this day and the only vote other than my own against you is either by your teammate or a total idiot, or both.

I don't care if you're a virgin when it comes to bussing, or just a virgin in general. That has nothing to do with my case and is total WIFOM. You know that.
ND wrote:
Never said there was an effort to save Jamie. The lynch was between me, Jamie, and Balki and I don’t think Balki is scum. I know I am not scum. So, that left Jamie and bingo I was right. I had even questioned Jamie earlier in the game because I was suspicious of his play.
This has nothing to do with my case against you. It also is not alignment indicative. At all. Did you read my case or are you simply banking on town playing badly?
ND wrote:
Anyway, follow through with your vote. I promise you when I flip you will look very silly and will truly achieve your meta award ‘Bo is the Worst’.
I will follow through with my vote. Thank you for offering your blessing.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1196 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:26 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:42 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:31 pm
Maniac wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 pm
@bo_sox48 - you made a really good point about Jamie not trying to save himself which casts shade onto ND and Balki. You also suspect Yavuz. Out of those three who would be your top scum read.

Do you have a gun?
What idiot would give a maniac a gun?
I would. You would use it creatively and wouldn't just waste it, as whoever currently has a gun is doing.

brainbomb

#1197 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:29 pm

You and I. As in you can shoot me if you feel my antics deserve retribution. I have a reason for them. I watched last game as damian had zero discernable system for who he gumned. Zero instructions.

I figured id make a list showing who wants to shoot who and give the GS a guide for who to best trust
I think my list evolved and did more than just give a guide.

In the event gs was new or inexperienced like 78% of the player pool, perhaps it could be useful.

Im certain I know who gs is because theyre completely retarded.

Also, my list outed tom and jamie who were hesitant to express desire to be gunned. I found Balki, and Bo answers to be pretty awkward as well. I dislike dargs answer but its pretty much the vibe of how bad our use of roles and preparation has gotten. Of course you give guns. You give them to people with basic fundamental capacities, and also ppl who look townie.

I didnt want the gun. I thought id have witch on me for sure. I just wanted to be useful and loud

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1198 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:31 pm

I don't know what to do with Reeder voting Ezio with me (again). This is weird considering it's a vote based on lurking and I am his to scumread.

brainbomb

#1199 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:37 pm

Bo why are you sucking up to maniac?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1200 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:38 pm

Brain - I am still sad I didn't have time to say my target and didn't got a gun. In fact I never had a gun and the the game I were GS in Discord I was nked N1.

I am also starting to scumread Tom a bit, his reactions to Brain doesn't seem towny and even he being pissed seems like faking. Will try to do a re-read of him later.