Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1061 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:01 pm

@ Maniac - He wasn't my top scumread D1 - I don't even know if I realized he wasy playing D1 (as I was fairly inactive, as was he). He was a scumread of mine N1. I had separated my lists into would not shoot/lynch and would shoot/lynch.

He parked on a wagon (ND) as the second vote and then disappeared. This is scum behavior, especially when he you don't push the wagon because then its easy to distance yourself from culpability if the person flips town. He seemed like a good choice in the "would shoot" list to target. Obviously this supposes ND is town, which I'm questioning a bit after what bo has stated.

thamrick

#1062 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:10 pm

MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:36 am

thamrick – Slight Scum. An hour before EoD, he says he can get on board with voting Jamie, then thirty minutes before end of day puts a slight scum read on him, giving the same read to ND, but with 14 minutes to end of day, he seems to reluctantly vote for ND, saying “Of the lead wagons, ND is the one I'm most comfortable with.” Even though he stated earlier that he “could get behind a jamie wagon.” He also makes a joke at the beginning of the thread about receiving a PM telling him to shoot Jamie. It is innocuous, but I’m triggered by seeing many a mafia make little jokes with each other as the game begins because its so funny that they have a secret no one else knows. Of my slight scum reads, this one is the most likely to be nothing, but I still feel odd about him.
Why are you misrepresenting? That was in the signup thread, before role PMs were sent, and clearly a joke. You're looking a little too hard for a reason to scumread me

Questions/comments for you about your reads -

1) How does the lack of a 2nd claimed roleblock affect your read of Balki?

2) I agree, RHK started the game with pretty reasonable logic and had a good vibe to me. I have been much less impressed lately.

3) I also tend to agree about ND. I still have a bad feeling about him, but the Snowy NK just doesn't make a lot of sense. I go two ways about it. Either mafia saw ND as another viable lynch and went for the person ND hounded or ND was brazen and knew that NK'ing Snowy would relieve some heat from him. I'm definitely getting drunk off the WIFOM though.

4) Why does reedeer having Maniac as his top town read look less scummy now that we know Maniac is clear town? That wasn't a given until Snowy's flip. What had Maniac done at that point to earn top town status? Scum knew Maniac was town, a townie wouldn't have known for sure.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1063 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:11 pm

thamrick wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:55 pm
Rjmcf wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Maniac - town. Good reasoning and good pressure.
ND - I read scum but everyone else reads town. I might have to go over again.
wtf?
Oh I wanted to pull this up again. What's your issue here?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1064 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:15 pm

Maniac claims gun, but bb was scumreading Maniac until snowy bit it, so either Maniac is lying or bb was lying about the read or bb isn't GS. bb lying about the read I don't buy, I can't see why Maniac would lie now, so I guess bb confirmed not GS?

thamrick

#1065 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:17 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:48 pm
##GM Note:

Yes. If someone is roleblocked twice, they will be notified twice.
Thanks HR.

@Balki - one message received?

@everyone else - were you RB'd?

thamrick

#1066 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 pm

@Rj - you're reevaluating the game with the knowledge Maniac is town as assuming everyone should have known Maniac is town from the start, which is just not true.

brainbomb

#1067 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Im done for today. Fed up with people not reading.

Gonna say it one last time.

Scumteam is blatantly, categorically, clearly, and emphatically Tom and DemonRHK.

I am less sure of if my understanding is right on Balki and Dargo.

But id lynch only those 4 today.

If you reread its pretty obvious rhk is scum.
And even more blatantly obvious tom is scum with him.

That is all. Good luck I guess since nobody has any basic reading skills

yavuzovic

#1068 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 pm

If we're not PR we can't be roleblocked. So this mean there maybe no 2nd message.

thamrick

#1069 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:28 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 pm
My god you guys are dense.

What am I blatanly lying about?

I posted. Then I looked and didn't see my post so I didn't think it went through (since you often have to hit submit twice in this forum). So I retyped my thoughts.
I'm saying that's a lie.

You posted the first list. Then brainbomb responded. You responded to Brainbomb in your second post. So you had to know your first post went through.

thamrick

#1070 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:28 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 pm
If we're not PR we can't be roleblocked. So this mean there maybe no 2nd message.
No. You'd still be notified even if you didn't have a role to perform.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1071 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:29 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 pm
@Rj - you're reevaluating the game with the knowledge Maniac is town as assuming everyone should have known Maniac is town from the start, which is just not true.
I was trying to reevaluate the game knowing that scum know he's town. Can you give a specific point in my analysis where I do one but not the other?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1072 Post by dargorygel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:31 pm

@ Maniac
You wrote, "@dargorygel - how you doing old buddy old pal. You are one of very few to be questioning yavuz yesterday. How do you feel about him today."
I see him less scum. Particularly because he asked the GM about whether you could be Godfather. I don't see scum asking that.

Also... how do you think we can use your clear effectively? Besides just sheeping whatever you opine.

@Mean
Do you not see any difference in your writing from day to night? Yes, you were loud and aggressive. But reading again, I still see a difference in tone and focus.

@Brain
Don't do this. Do you really think calling everyone stupid and sulking is a way to catch scum? Nonetheless, do you think your gun-survey revealed anything profound to you? What do you make of the fact that some people didn't respond?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1073 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:31 pm

@brainbomb, before you go I'd appreciate it if you could look over my clear Maniac analysis? You were the one who asked for it.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1074 Post by Maniac » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:32 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:01 pm
@ Maniac - He [Bozo] wasn't my top scumread D1 - I don't even know if I realized he wasy playing D1 (as I was fairly inactive, as was he). He was a scumread of mine N1. I had separated my lists into would not shoot/lynch and would shoot/lynch.

He parked on a wagon (ND) as the second vote and then disappeared. This is scum behavior, especially when he you don't push the wagon because then its easy to distance yourself from culpability if the person flips town. He seemed like a good choice in the "would shoot" list to target. Obviously this supposes ND is town, which I'm questioning a bit after what bo has stated.
Tom you also said "I would shoot Bozo. Or rjmcf" which lead me to believe Bozo was your top scumread, unless you're scum and want to shoot town of course.

I'm not happy with your explanation. Scum need good memories and I think you're just forgot Bozo was supposed to be your top scumread.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1075 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:33 pm

brain - At least when I flip town your ego will take a hit.

@tham - I saw brain's post which influenced how I responded - but read the two posts and you will realize that the say essentially the same thing - as I didn't see that my first post went through. You can choose to believe me or not, but I hope that you vote reflects game analysis rather than this dumb reason brain came up with to match his convoluted theories.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1076 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:35 pm

@Maniac:

Bozo was not a scumread of mine D1.

After Jamie's flip he became a scumread of mine.

thamrick

#1077 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:37 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:11 pm
thamrick wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:55 pm
Rjmcf wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Maniac - town. Good reasoning and good pressure.
ND - I read scum but everyone else reads town. I might have to go over again.
wtf?
Oh I wanted to pull this up again. What's your issue here?
I had issues with both points.

Maniac - what made you think Maniac was applying good reasoning and good pressure at that point? He was pretty absent from D1

ND - definitely not everyone else was or is reading him as town.

@Tom - my vote certainly will not be based solely on this, but why wouldn't a blatant lie be a lynchable offense? I agree, it wasn't a big deal to have reshuffled the order. But the need to cover that up with a lie is a bigger deal to me.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#1078 Post by Rjmcf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:37 pm

@Tom, thamrick is right.
brainbomb wrote:Tom can you give any insights into my reedeer1 observation?
TomBombadil wrote: brain: I don't really see redeer as scummy, and I wonder if English is his first language. The post about voting Jamie makes sense to me - he was unsure of each wagon and picked the one where his strongest townread(s) was/were voting.
So pretty sure the following are town:

snowy
ND
brain
rdrivera
redee​r.
brainbomb wrote: Look at reedeer again.
And at Jamie.
TomBombadil wrote: What is insincere about it brain? He honestly stated that he was unsure on the top wagons and then went with the one that his highest townread was voting. Seems sincere to me - if a little vague, but that just makes my townread of reedeer stronger. His reasoning was vague, which gave him a way to justify any vote - and he voted for scum.

He seems timid, not the type of player to bus like that unless he was forced to because his reads backed him into a corner, which was clearly not the case.

Probable town:

reedeer
snowy
brain
rdrivera
​ND
Brainbomb responds to your post, and you respond to his. You can't claim that you thought your post didn't go through, because you respond to brainbomb's response.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1079 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Jesus Fucking Christ. I will say this one more time.

I saw brain's post, but not mine. I set up my forum so most recent posts are first. In the new forum, if you hit submit and someone has posted while you were typing, you then have to hit submit again to have it go through.

Thus I didn't think my post went through so I retyped it - while responding to brain.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1080 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:41 pm

This is literally infuriating to me. Because its the dumbest fucking reason to scumread someone.

At least Maniac is asking relevant questions and looking at vote analysis.