M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#321 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:29 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:22 pm
Here is your participation rack of ribs:
Mmmm, thanks, tasty.

The catering on this voyage is pretty good!
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#322 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:30 pm

##Vote Ezio for not posting.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#323 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:44 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:01 pm

"Jo mai," he began to say "I bin wiaglich so froa dos I hia bin." smiling and waved to the crowd. "Daham in Wean san de Leit ned hoibald so laud, wissans? I bin so froa des I sea olle glott umoaman ded." He waved another time towards the crowd while smiling. "Owa des ded mai liabe Sissi ned zualossn, wissns, sie is a goanz liabe. I wissad ned, wos I ohne se dadat."

After a short period where translations happened, the host began again to speak. "Of course, I'm sure everyone here welcomes you with open arms, since everyone will love to watch you dance here to the music. But I've asked myself; why would someone from Vienna come here and be part of this whole journey?" He smiled and waved towards the crowd again as he answered. "Jo, des is gonz afoch: des hia is a wundavois Schiffal und I kon ma nix bessas vuistöhn ois bei da eastn foat dabeizusei. I hob scho imma de majestätischn Schiffal vo Ihra Majestät gean ghobt, vo dem hea is es ka Wunda, dos I hia bin und mitfoa. Oiso, I hoff ea wiad no gonz long lebn."
What fucking language is this gibberish written in?

It looks like German but it is not proper German at all.

worcej

#324 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:05 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:26 pm
I am not going to sit down with bloodthirsty monsters who have been killing and terrifying my people.

Does mafia so blatantly refuse to explain the how and why claiming is bad? Do they do it under the subterfuge of, "Oh, I'm not going to help mafia get their game on?" In other words, do aaro and S&C make themselves so obvious as mafia? Probably not, but then it's the WIFOM nature that makes it a challenge.

Christ, I said I'd leave it alone. It's like that bright peanut on the lawn and I am the ADHD squirrel that can't get undistracted from it.
It isn’t 100% automatically mafia, but in general people who refuse to explain why on their opinion have a good shot at being mafia because they’ve inserted a fake opinion and explaining why could jeopardize them.

Of the two stubborn ones, aaro comes off more likely to be mafia imho

brainbomb

#325 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:06 pm

Town
worcej
kakarrotto
damo666
ghug
chaqa
hamiltonbrian
jamiet99uk

Scumpool
ezio
vecna
aarodactyl
demonrhk
sweetandcool

worcej

#326 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:00 pm
I am all for letting a game breathe, letting things happen. But what ive noticed with this game is that the mech talk has frozen everyone into apathy. The majority of players arent pushing reads, people arent talking about anything from their pregame chats because theyve been told its anti town, and they are being told to only push their chat partners by probability, but also not to out who their chat partners were.

the game is begging for air, but keeps going back to the tailpipe of a lifted dodge ram truck and trying to suck up as much exhaust as possible, and the car is stuck in neutral.
Agreed, though I hope you consider at least what I’ve presented to you regarding ghug as a read.

Also the s&c and aaro being scumleans for their stances as well are scum!leans from me.

brainbomb

#327 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:11 pm

an example conversation with aaro so far has been like

"in our pregame chat we talked about who might end up as scum"

"thats anti town"

"why is it anti town"

"telling you why its anti town is anti town"

"Should we be voting the person were in a chat with?"

"yes, the odds are high they are scum"

"so ill go ahead and do that then"

"no then it would reveal who you are in a chat with and thats anti town"

"so what should we be doing?"

"N1 we can begin to discuss the idea of considering if doing something anti town is worth thinking about postulating on"

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#328 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:14 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:44 pm
Regarding Chaqa,
I had considered that if I rolled scum on webdip I would try to do a game with all images so my posts would not show up in the bot to research. That being said he is actually having fun and I really am not interested in forcing the only fun person in this game to stop having fun.
Chaqa is making harder for me to read the game with all this imagens as I use almost only the bot during work hours.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#329 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:16 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:14 pm
I wonder if anyone stayed silent / absent in their dance chat.
And what this would indicate? Do you think scum could be worried to talk with his dance partner?

aarodactyl

#330 Post by aarodactyl » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:16 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:11 pm
an example conversation with aaro so far has been like

"in our pregame chat we talked about who might end up as scum"

"thats anti town"

"why is it anti town"

"telling you why its anti town is anti town"

"Should we be voting the person were in a chat with?"

"yes, the odds are high they are scum"

"so ill go ahead and do that then"

"no then it would reveal who you are in a chat with and thats anti town"

"so what should we be doing?"

"N1 we can begin to discuss the idea of considering if doing something anti town is worth thinking about postulating on"
The first half is pretty accurate and I don’t see the problem. The second half is an unfair interpretation of what I’ve said.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#331 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:17 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:06 pm
Town
worcej
kakarrotto
damo666
ghug
chaqa
hamiltonbrian
jamiet99uk

Scumpool
ezio
vecna
aarodactyl
demonrhk
sweetandcool
Now I feel ignored :(

brainbomb

#332 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:17 pm

Town
worcej
kakarrotto
damo666
rdrivera2005
ghug
chaqa
hamiltonbrian
jamiet99uk

Scumpool
ezio
vecna
aarodactyl
demonrhk
sweetandcool

brainbomb

#333 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:18 pm

better?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#334 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:18 pm

worcej wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
I am all for letting a game breathe, letting things happen. But what ive noticed with this game is that the mech talk has frozen everyone into apathy. The majority of players arent pushing reads, people arent talking about anything from their pregame chats because theyve been told its anti town, and they are being told to only push their chat partners by probability, but also not to out who their chat partners were.

the game is begging for air, but keeps going back to the tailpipe of a lifted dodge ram truck and trying to suck up as much exhaust as possible, and the car is stuck in neutral.
Agreed, though I hope you consider at least what I’ve presented to you regarding ghug as a read.

Also the s&c and aaro being scumleans for their stances as well are scum!leans from me.
Do you think Sweet and Aaro could be scum together?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#335 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:19 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:18 pm
better?
Much better ;)

brainbomb

#336 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:20 pm

I dont think aaro and S&C are scum together. Aaro could be town and s&C is latching on because its a really easy way to not have to do anything at all, and just pretend aaro is some genius with all the answers.

there isnt going to be any accountability for scumhunting with this strategy as we have already almost passed the halfway mark of the phase and at least 6 people havent produced a single scumread, or been held accountable for their atrociously terrible scumreads theyve clung too

worcej

#337 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:21 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:18 pm
worcej wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Do you think Sweet and Aaro could be scum together?
It’s possible, but unlikely imho.

I don’t think they are being coordinated with their stubbornness. I don’t think the claim issue is something scum would want to go all-in on trying to prevent so openly.

brainbomb

#338 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:23 pm

to explore that point further, when someone is just sermonizing to everyone about what is and isnt proper play, the scum would be more incentivized to just sheep that person, do nothing, sit around, and watch everyone else get labelled as anti town for thinking against the grain.

brainbomb

#339 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:28 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:14 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:11 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:10 am

Sorry, yes this was in reference to you brainy baby
What makes you assume anything about why I townread them other than that I just townread them?
Either it is a sad and unlikely coincidence, or you are town reading anyone who supports an anti-town agenda.

Your manner, supports the latter case.
here you can see evidence of demonRHK and sweet and cool both reaching to characterize kak and worcej as anti town players with anti town strategies purely because they questioned the notion of claiming chat partners. this focus seems totally spent on trying to use Aaro's opinion of the setup to turn people against these two, without giving any fair analysis of worcej or kak.

And nowhere in my reads did I ever call kak and worcej town for having these positions. and yet that was what seemed to be the immediate fixation by these two.

By this logic, S&C should have a POE of myself, worcej, and kak and assume there are alot of scum all hardsiding with anti town strategies.

and DemonRHK just straight up flees the game thread after this.

brainbomb

#340 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:32 pm

before I repost anything or actually make this case

A. is anyone going to read it
B. is someone going to show up later like an asshat and ask me to give cliffnotes
C. is this case so early in the phase that its just gonna be wasted energy by end of day
D. is it implausible in the first place and just not worth my time