M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
aarodactyl

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#21 Post by aarodactyl » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:06 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:06 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:01 pm
Hi. I’m at work but I wanted to post to say that if you’re town, the odds that your partner is scum is 3/11.

Also I meant to spend time thinking about claiming partners but I got distracted by the math.
Well, there are 7 teams with 3 teams having 1 mafia, so 4 teams are pure town. Isn't the probability that, when you are town, your partner has a chance of being 3/7th mafia and 4/7th town?
You gotta double count the double town pairs essentially

sweetandcool

#22 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:06 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:02 pm
The person I am in a chat with openly admitted to being mafia and claimed that no one would ever believe me even if I announced it. I asked them who they were mafia with and they said ezio, Jamie, and sweetandcool.

I asked how that was possible and they said they were only lying about one of the three.
This is spooky because pre-game I contemplated on announcing that I was Mafia (I am not) to my dance partner, just to see their reaction.

Kakarroto

#23 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:07 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:04 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Suddenly all the lights went dark for a second, then the overhead installed spotlights went on and moved around over the gathered crowd. After a short moment of silence, the crowd began to chatter.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" a female voice rang out towards the crowd, "LET US WELCOME ONE OF OUR SPECIAL GUESTS! HE IS THE FIGARO OF FEET, THE DEVIL OF THE DANCEFLOOR, THE SAINT OF SPINS! DIRECTLY FROM THE IMPERIAL CITY OF VIENNA, WELCOME THE SECOND WIENER WALZERKÖNIG, FRANZL J.!" Thundering applause roared through the hall, some people not entirly sure if from the crowd or from installed and hidden speakers.

"Jo mai," he began to say "I bin wiaglich so froa dos I hia bin." smiling and waved to the crowd. "Daham in Wean san de Leit ned hoibald so laud, wissans? I bin so froa des I sea olle glott umoaman ded." He waved another time towards the crowd while smiling. "Owa des ded mai liabe Sissi ned zualossn, wissns, sie is a goanz liabe. I wissad ned, wos I ohne se dadat."

After a short period where translations happened, the host began again to speak. "Of course, I'm sure everyone here welcomes you with open arms, since everyone will love to watch you dance here to the music. But I've asked myself; why would someone from Vienna come here and be part of this whole journey?" He smiled and waved towards the crowd again as he answered. "Jo, des is gonz afoch: des hia is a wundavois Schiffal und I kon ma nix bessas vuistöhn ois bei da eastn foat dabeizusei. I hob scho imma de majestätischn Schiffal vo Ihra Majestät gean ghobt, vo dem hea is es ka Wunda, dos I hia bin und mitfoa. Oiso, I hoff ea wiad no gonz long lebn."

With that, the music started to play and he began to wave again towards the crowd while smiling. Meanwhile he hoped that his Sissi would come fast so he could dance.
Is Wiener Walzerkoenig drunk? Because he sounds like he is slurring his words.
Just the wonderful world of Mundart ;)

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#24 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:08 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Hi. I’m at work but I wanted to post to say that if you’re town, the odds that your partner is scum is 3/11.

Also I meant to spend time thinking about claiming partners but I got distracted by the math.
3/7. There are 7 pairs and scum cannot double up.

worcej

#25 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:09 pm

aarodactyl wrote:

3/7, but who is counting.

brainbomb

#26 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:09 pm

Also hello everyone. As I stated in pregame, and on discord if you have anyone you would like a meta analysis on or anything feel free to ask. your neighborhood archivist is ready to work.

worcej

#27 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:10 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:03 pm
MAFIA!!!

Alright you dirty madafackers we're gonna do something revolutionary.

Imma be nice. Being rude gets tiring.

I hope you've all been well! I missed you all. Small not that if I make it to this weekend, I will be split focus because a Japanese man decided to cross a JRPG with GoT.

##Vote No Kill

Just to have somethin on the books.
Beating Ezio to the punch. Interesting lol

sweetandcool

#28 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:10 pm

Lets start with some introductory flavour. What was the first dance you did with your partner?

aarodactyl

#29 Post by aarodactyl » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:10 pm

Also there’s a 3/11 chance your partner is scum (if you’re town). There is a 5/22 chance someone you’re not partners with is scum. 3/11>5/22 so watch your backs while dancing.

Also this intro is 50% because I want to make sure we don’t get bad math arguments and 50% to make durga happy she didn’t join.

worcej

#30 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:11 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:10 pm
Lets start with some introductory flavour. What was the first dance you did with your partner?
The ChatGPT Boogie

worcej

#31 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:11 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Also there’s a 3/11 chance your partner is scum (if you’re town). There is a 5/22 chance someone you’re not partners with is scum. 3/11>5/22 so watch your backs while dancing.

Also this intro is 50% because I want to make sure we don’t get bad math arguments and 50% to make durga happy she didn’t join.
##vote aaro

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#32 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
The person I am in a chat with openly admitted to being mafia and claimed that no one would ever believe me even if I announced it. I asked them who they were mafia with and they said ezio, Jamie, and sweetandcool.

I asked how that was possible and they said they were only lying about one of the three.
While I don't believe this exchange actually occured, I think you make what could be an interestiung thought exercise gamer.

aarodactyl

#33 Post by aarodactyl » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:11 pm

Also I don’t hold anything against those of you that are saying 3/7 but bayes is rolling in his grave. Maybe don’t do that to him.

brainbomb

#34 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:13 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:11 pm
brainbomb wrote:

While I don't believe this exchange actually occured, I think you make what could be an interestiung thought exercise gamer.
Do you think
A. he didnt really say those three?
B. he didnt really admit to being mafia?
C. I am lying
D. he isnt a he.

Kakarroto

#35 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:13 pm

Anyway, I talked with my dance partner (further known as 'Sissi' until reveal), and we thought a bit about the pro's and con's of everyone claiming their dance partners. Maybe we didn't think of every possibility, but it looked to us that claiming head on is much more beneficial for town, than it is for mafia, right?

So in that regard, I'd like to hear from everyone here what you think, should we reveal our dance partners right here on the first day?

Btw, I think my partner is more likely town, so if I didn't misread my dear Sissi, that would be two towns leaning on revealing today.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#36 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:13 pm

worcej wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:03 pm
MAFIA!!!

Alright you dirty madafackers we're gonna do something revolutionary.

Imma be nice. Being rude gets tiring.

I hope you've all been well! I missed you all. Small not that if I make it to this weekend, I will be split focus because a Japanese man decided to cross a JRPG with GoT.

##Vote No Kill

Just to have somethin on the books.
Beating Ezio to the punch. Interesting lol
Ironic no?

To be clear, I do not believe in a no kill. I just want to be lazy while saving the GMs the hassle of typing the "Vote or be replaced' lines in VCs for D1

sweetandcool

#37 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:13 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:13 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Do you think
A. he didnt really say those three?
B. he didnt really admit to being mafia?
C. I am lying
D. he isnt a he.
C

President Eden

#38 Post by President Eden » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:14 pm

Reminder that all chats involving living players are closed until nighttime.

worcej

#39 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:14 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Also I don’t hold anything against those of you that are saying 3/7 but bayes is rolling in his grave. Maybe don’t do that to him.
There are 7 dance groups.

There is a scum in each group.

If you’re town, you have 3/7 odds of being in a scum containing dance group.

QED

sweetandcool

#40 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:14 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:13 pm
Anyway, I talked with my dance partner (further known as 'Sissi' until reveal), and we thought a bit about the pro's and con's of everyone claiming their dance partners. Maybe we didn't think of every possibility, but it looked to us that claiming head on is much more beneficial for town, than it is for mafia, right?

So in that regard, I'd like to hear from everyone here what you think, should we reveal our dance partners right here on the first day?

Btw, I think my partner is more likely town, so if I didn't misread my dear Sissi, that would be two towns leaning on revealing today.
This is absolutely an awful idea, and I'm hoping this isn't just Mafia fishing for dance partners.

##VOTE Kakarroto