M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M80 Game Thread

#4741 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:40 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:36 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:31 pm
So Haze visits ghug N1 and roleblocks
Damo sees xcution visit Haze
Xcution visits Haze to confirm what haze was talking about with all the softing stuff
Xcution gets caught in the act
ghug never admits to being roleblocked
ghug tries to roleswap with Haze
Haze claims

The part of this that makes little to no sense is that ghug roleswap with Haze would never work, since the people ghug is allegedly trying to fool would already know ghug isnt PR.

So, I fail to see how ghug claiming would do anything other than confuse town
well x never came to report what he saw, so why would they know that ghug isn't PR? They maybe question it but don't know for sure, right? That's why we endvoted x there, so he didn't give up any information about it, no?
I don't believe X didn't signal to his team the result of his action. In fact the first message from him on D3 talks about Haze and Ghug.

sweetandcool

#4742 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 8:42 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:38 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:05 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 am

The point is: could we have a real day? You weren't my top scumread, that's for sure and I still think you have a chance to be town but you will be a wagon every day unless we catch two scum and win. Do you want to be around at end game? I won't on your place. I respect you won't just give up but yo

This said, I have been lazy, that's true and I won't deny, I didn't gave much thought about the mechanics because there is so many combinations of actions that I didn't want to go down this rabbit hole.

Talking about rabbit, I still think Bunny have a good chance to flip scum. More then Kak. I have been scum with Kak not many time ago and I don't see the same scum behavior.
damo666 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:30 pm
I think ghug just has to go. It may just be an unfortunate coincidence that Haze RBd ghug N1 and Mafia didn't jail worcej but ....

As far as I know it was only ghug who sussed Haze as Capt N2 and X visits Haze N2. Another coincidence?

Too much.

Ghug cannot be Agent as e would have probably taken Haze out so he must be Enforcer. But then why did the Agent not bomb Haze? Because ghug would be sole surviving scum with a link to the dead Captain so they couldn't afford to do it.

##vote ghug
if ghug can only be the enforcer, and we don't know for sure he is, we don't NEED to get him today. As stated I doubt ghug is mafia here, I mean sure, the possibility is here, but from what I've seen I still see ghug as vanilla town that tried to be useful to a PR

but yeah, as said, we should probably not forget this possibility, but try to get the other mafia, the one with a bomb! From the cases made against me, jamie presented mostly the negatives and bunny had, as far as I've seen, tried to twist a thing that he didn't quote; these two things made me suspicious. I could see tunneling townJamie just refering what is in his eyes evidence for me being mafia, but the possibility that bunny intentionally NOT quoted the part where there is a big difference in what I posted and how he presented it is quite there.

@RD if you think bunny is mafia, you should change it because even if ghug is mafia, he is only enforcer and we can't do much in the next phases. If he is town, you'd also vote for a read of yours that you are confident instead of someone that just had bad luck.

@damo I think you should vote, instead of ghug, also for your highest maf-read, because the bomber is more important than the enforcer now, right? Or do I have something overlooked that makes me wrong in my logic?
Your argument makes no sense. If Ghug is Enforcer there is zero chance the Bomber will use his power as iy will be game over for scum as Ghug will be flipped at some point. Last time we did this we just gave Eden another day to screw with town.

The best argument to not vote Ghug out today is having a regular day and get info through votes and reads.

But let's give it a try. ##vote Bunny
Did you read my argument as to why ghug is innocent? I know you don't post much, but I think it would be helpful to hear your reaction. Please respond (:

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4743 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:42 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:39 pm
wait, what do you mean X never came to report what he saw? he couldnt report anything anyway. Theres no daychat and unless using a code he isnt gonna come out and the thread and be like I saw Haze kissing sandy claws
Pretty easy to communicate a result, just set a code. If Ghug is scum I am pretty sure he set a code with X.

brainbomb

#4744 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 8:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:40 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:36 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:31 pm
So Haze visits ghug N1 and roleblocks
Damo sees xcution visit Haze
Xcution visits Haze to confirm what haze was talking about with all the softing stuff
Xcution gets caught in the act
ghug never admits to being roleblocked
ghug tries to roleswap with Haze
Haze claims

The part of this that makes little to no sense is that ghug roleswap with Haze would never work, since the people ghug is allegedly trying to fool would already know ghug isnt PR.

So, I fail to see how ghug claiming would do anything other than confuse town
well x never came to report what he saw, so why would they know that ghug isn't PR? They maybe question it but don't know for sure, right? That's why we endvoted x there, so he didn't give up any information about it, no?
I don't believe X didn't signal to his team the result of his action. In fact the first message from him on D3 talks about Haze and Ghug.
I was just reading this too. So Haze can confirm now if he used watch on ghug N2 because if he did then this probably reveals this to be a signal

Kakarroto

#4745 Post by Kakarroto » Tue May 23, 2023 8:47 pm

brainbomb wrote:
We know X visited Haze that night and got seen doing so.

If haze used powers then mafia knew haze was a PR. And ghug should be aware that mafia visited Haze since thats the whole reason X got killed. So again, the fake claim would never confuse mafia in any scenario whatsoever.
brainbomb wrote:
wait, what do you mean X never came to report what he saw? he couldnt report anything anyway. Theres no daychat and unless using a code he isnt gonna come out and the thread and be like I saw Haze kissing sandy claws
okay, yeah, there could've been a code or something, but that's my point, there is no daychat, right, so how would mafia definitely know that x saw something or not, if they had definitely known he was PR then wouldn't it make more sense to not visit him? Or even better, just getting him in the night and not using the nk on the two outed PR's hoping they don't save? I mean even I predicted that they wouldn't go for the PR's but I was wrong, so if they were so single minded of getting PR's then if they KNEW haze was PR, they would've just got him?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4746 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 8:47 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Pretty easy to communicate a result, just set a code. If Ghug is scum I am pretty sure he set a code with X.
I'll endorse this assertion. I'm not sure everyone does anymore, though.

brainbomb

#4747 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 8:53 pm

furthermore.

if ghug is town, why doesnt xcution die saying

By the way Haze visited ghug (or fake who was really visited) N2 team!
GL GL

then xcution can really out Haze for his team. why the silence about it if he knows hes gonna die and knows haze will have to claim at some point. just out the result there and then.

see this makes me think sweet is scum even more actually. lol

not sure if it makes ghug as likely as scum there but the fake claim still reads as scummy and meant to confuse haze specifically

sweetandcool

#4748 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 8:55 pm

Yeah, rdr is right that a code could have been used.

But are we going to hold ghug to the mantle of perfection?

I hardly see why we should penalize for their captain claim.

Mafia motivation would be to start a thunderdome and get Haze killed.

Town motivation would be as ghug explained, which in hindsight we call all see was a silly thing to do, but certainly not a harmful thing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your argument for ghug being Mafia relies on him being stupid, then please read my argument three or four more times and maybe you'll come to your senses.

brainbomb

#4749 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 8:56 pm

my argument for ghug being scum is that he is the sum of all parts on any given mafia team. and he is one cunning son of a bitch

sweetandcool

#4750 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 8:56 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:53 pm
furthermore.

if ghug is town, why doesnt xcution die saying

By the way Haze visited ghug (or fake who was really visited) N2 team!
GL GL

then xcution can really out Haze for his team. why the silence about it if he knows hes gonna die and knows haze will have to claim at some point. just out the result there and then.

see this makes me think sweet is scum even more actually. lol

not sure if it makes ghug as likely as scum there but the fake claim still reads as scummy and meant to confuse haze specifically
Haze was not in favour with town. X probably hoped Haze would still be a viable misskill.

Careful brainbomb, your theory on me is fine and casts me into some question, but you are starting to hardcore tunnel.

Kakarroto

#4751 Post by Kakarroto » Tue May 23, 2023 8:58 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 am

The point is: could we have a real day? You weren't my top scumread, that's for sure and I still think you have a chance to be town but you will be a wagon every day unless we catch two scum and win. Do you want to be around at end game? I won't on your place. I respect you won't just give up but yo

This said, I have been lazy, that's true and I won't deny, I didn't gave much thought about the mechanics because there is so many combinations of actions that I didn't want to go down this rabbit hole.

Talking about rabbit, I still think Bunny have a good chance to flip scum. More then Kak. I have been scum with Kak not many time ago and I don't see the same scum behavior.
damo666 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:30 pm
I think ghug just has to go. It may just be an unfortunate coincidence that Haze RBd ghug N1 and Mafia didn't jail worcej but ....

As far as I know it was only ghug who sussed Haze as Capt N2 and X visits Haze N2. Another coincidence?

Too much.

Ghug cannot be Agent as e would have probably taken Haze out so he must be Enforcer. But then why did the Agent not bomb Haze? Because ghug would be sole surviving scum with a link to the dead Captain so they couldn't afford to do it.

##vote ghug
if ghug can only be the enforcer, and we don't know for sure he is, we don't NEED to get him today. As stated I doubt ghug is mafia here, I mean sure, the possibility is here, but from what I've seen I still see ghug as vanilla town that tried to be useful to a PR

but yeah, as said, we should probably not forget this possibility, but try to get the other mafia, the one with a bomb! From the cases made against me, jamie presented mostly the negatives and bunny had, as far as I've seen, tried to twist a thing that he didn't quote; these two things made me suspicious. I could see tunneling townJamie just refering what is in his eyes evidence for me being mafia, but the possibility that bunny intentionally NOT quoted the part where there is a big difference in what I posted and how he presented it is quite there.

@RD if you think bunny is mafia, you should change it because even if ghug is mafia, he is only enforcer and we can't do much in the next phases. If he is town, you'd also vote for a read of yours that you are confident instead of someone that just had bad luck.

@damo I think you should vote, instead of ghug, also for your highest maf-read, because the bomber is more important than the enforcer now, right? Or do I have something overlooked that makes me wrong in my logic?
Your argument makes no sense. If Ghug is Enforcer there is zero chance the Bomber will use his power as iy will be game over for scum as Ghug will be flipped at some point. Last time we did this we just gave Eden another day to screw with town.

The best argument to not vote Ghug out today is having a regular day and get info through votes and reads.

well ghug can only be enforcer, if he is mafia, as damo said, right? but also ghug isn't 100% mafia here with how it happened, so in case we vote ghug today and he flips town, the bomber can use his ability if they are in a bad spot. On the other hand, if the bomber is in a bad spot and we still voting him over townghug, we have dealt with the bomber. Sure, that requires that we get the bomber today, but we were already on a great course the last days, so chances are we get him. Even in the case ghug is town and we only get the enforcer, the bomber can't use his ability or lose the game then, so with that I think it is just more logical to vote for our best guess for mafia instead on focusing ghug, right? I mean who here has read ghug as a prime mafia candidate before the incident? And I think even with the incident, ghug looks more town than mafia, but I may be in the minority here.

Anyway, that's how I see it, maybe I'm wrong on a logical sense somewhere, so damo proofread my idea, if it makes sense, but if ghug can only be enforcer, if he even is mafia, then I think we should not vote ghug today but continue hunting for (the other?) mafia

sweetandcool

#4752 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 8:58 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:56 pm
my argument for ghug being scum is that he is the sum of all parts on any given mafia team. and he is one cunning son of a bitch
That reminds me of a thought I had, when posting my argument in favour of ghug.

I thought: "Either I am severely overestimating ghug, or severely underestimating ghug".

brainbomb

#4753 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 8:58 pm

I still think youre just scum with ghug and you came up with this as a hail mary way to try to win.

when your original plan involved taking cred for ghug push here you then realized how long and how far youll have to go to win and this seemed like a really awesome pathway to dig both of you out of suspicion

sweetandcool

#4754 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 9:00 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:58 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:

well ghug can only be enforcer, if he is mafia, as damo said, right? but also ghug isn't 100% mafia here with how it happened, so in case we vote ghug today and he flips town, the bomber can use his ability if they are in a bad spot. On the other hand, if the bomber is in a bad spot and we still voting him over townghug, we have dealt with the bomber. Sure, that requires that we get the bomber today, but we were already on a great course the last days, so chances are we get him. Even in the case ghug is town and we only get the enforcer, the bomber can't use his ability or lose the game then, so with that I think it is just more logical to vote for our best guess for mafia instead on focusing ghug, right? I mean who here has read ghug as a prime mafia candidate before the incident? And I think even with the incident, ghug looks more town than mafia, but I may be in the minority here.

Anyway, that's how I see it, maybe I'm wrong on a logical sense somewhere, so damo proofread my idea, if it makes sense, but if ghug can only be enforcer, if he even is mafia, then I think we should not vote ghug today but continue hunting for (the other?) mafia
Your logic makes no sense. Your read makes sense. Your conclusion makes sense in the sense that you shouldn't vote ghug today.

sweetandcool

#4755 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 9:04 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:58 pm
I still think youre just scum with ghug and you came up with this as a hail mary way to try to win.

when your original plan involved taking cred for ghug push here you then realized how long and how far youll have to go to win and this seemed like a really awesome pathway to dig both of you out of suspicion
Na, even with you throwing me into question, I would be feeling pretty good about my position. I have no reason to stick my neck out for ghug, when I was positioned pretty well as deep-scum.

Of course, you may point out that my argument for ghug came 4 minutes after your argument against me. If you believe I had the foresight to keep that drafted in my back pocket, refreshed to see your post, and then posted it, then I am flattered you think so highly of me.

It's incredibly unlikely. Or do you think I managed to type that all up 4 minutes after your post? I refreshed the page, read your post, crafted my response in 4 minutes? Yeah right.

I was writing my post while you were writing yours, and I posted it 4 minutes after yours. Then I saw your post.

brainbomb

#4756 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 9:05 pm

##Unvote

I will wait to hear from the clearboys on how they interpret this.

sweetandcool

#4757 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 9:06 pm

Come on brain, if you are town, you need to see reason here. Otherwise, at this rate you're liable to ruin town if they believe you. You are currently tunneled in on promoting two misskills, and there is plenty of evidence of that.

Please reboot, and then assess with a clear mind. At the very least, consider ghug's innocence.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4758 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:06 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:

Did you read my argument as to why ghug is innocent? I know you don't post much, but I think it would be helpful to hear your reaction. Please respond (:
I read and just don't agree with it (that X visiting Haze clears Ghug) and this was already discussed and I won't keep discussing the same thing.

Also, I have posted a decent amount today and being open about my view on the game stste so this comment about me is just bullshit.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4759 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 9:07 pm

I wish I were scum with sweet. That'd be badass.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4760 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 9:08 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:06 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I read and just don't agree with it (that X visiting Haze clears Ghug) and this was already discussed and I won't keep discussing the same thing.

Also, I have posted a decent amount today and being open about my view on the game stste so this comment about me is just bullshit.
Have you? Who's my partner? Who's my partner if that's wrong? Who's Bunny's partner if I'm town? Who's never flipping scum?

You're definitely not being forthcoming with reads.