M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: M80 Game Thread

#1681 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 5:58 pm

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:56 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:51 pm

I went back and checked

His Dec 21 game (where he accused you me and kgray of being a team) definitely fits the pattern, but he was mafia there.

His Mar 22 game where he was town doesn't fit the pattern at all
Since it doesn't have any actual evidence/analysis I'm just gonna ignore this post
It most certainly does, but none from this game, so that's fine. It's a rebuttal to ghug's assertion not a core part of my argument.

Jamiet99uk

#1682 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 17, 2023 5:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:46 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:25 pm

Challenge accepted.
Let's see, here was your vote and the post you quoted:
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:09 pm

##VOTE ghug
In that post, Ghug said, in essence, that in a previous game with Haze, his voting behaviour was entirely OMGUS-based. Ghug questioned Haze's vote on that basis.

I would be surprised to see Ghug, a veteran, employ an OMGUS-based strategy of simply scumreading anyone voting for him. That would seem to me to be a silly strategy but also, it does not correspond to the type of play I've normally seen Ghug employ on this site. Therefore I can see why you might have thought Ghug's statement was a bit weird, but I'm not sure how that one statement persuaded you that Ghug is scum.

So, now I have answered your question, will you answer mine?

I have an additional question as well, Bozo. I notice you have not mentioned Ghug's name at all since you voted for him. Has your read on him changed since your initial vote? If so, for which reason?
It was a joke, because ghug implied he would scum read anyone who voted for him.
Okay. Funny Bozo haha Bozo.

Please can you answer the additional question?
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Dousing

#1683 Post by Dousing » Wed May 17, 2023 6:01 pm

##Bozo

I'd vote Bona because I don't like the quality of their posts but Bozo look like their the lead wagon rn and I don't want Eden to die. I think Eden still has info to give/analysis to share.

Form what I've seen of Eden, he seems strongest in the late game; he plays well when he has a great deal of info/when he has an idea he wants to implement. It kinda tracks that he wants a game where theres as much info to be gleamed as possible.

Dousing

#1684 Post by Dousing » Wed May 17, 2023 6:02 pm

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:01 pm
##Bozo

I'd vote Bona because I don't like the quality of their posts but Bozo look like their the lead wagon rn and I don't want Eden to die. I think Eden still has info to give/analysis to share.

Form what I've seen of Eden, he seems strongest in the late game; he plays well when he has a great deal of info/when he has an idea he wants to implement. It kinda tracks that he wants a game where theres as much info to be gleamed as possible.
Also I might not be here at EOD and I wanna park my vote *somewhere*

President Eden

#1685 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 6:03 pm

not to be a pedant but you're looking for "##vote bozo"

:-D

Dousing

#1686 Post by Dousing » Wed May 17, 2023 6:04 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:58 pm
Dousing wrote:
President Eden wrote:

I went back and checked

His Dec 21 game (where he accused you me and kgray of being a team) definitely fits the pattern, but he was mafia there.

Since it doesn't have any actual evidence/analysis I'm just gonna ignore this post
It most certainly does, but none from this game, so that's fine. It's a rebuttal to ghug's assertion not a core part of my argument.
I'm sure there's evidence present for *YOU* but I need you to convince *ME* that there is a "pattern" that's not being followed here.

You've outlined the pattern already, thats fine. but where's evidence to show such a pattern exists or that it's being broken?

Dousing

#1687 Post by Dousing » Wed May 17, 2023 6:05 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:03 pm
not to be a pedant but you're looking for "##vote bozo"

:-D
oops

##Vote Bozo

bozotheclown

#1688 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 6:06 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:55 pm
President Eden wrote:

I went back and checked

His Dec 21 game (where he accused you me and kgray of being a team) definitely fits the pattern, but he was mafia there. GRANTED, it WAS multiball. However, I don't think that changes his incentives in this regard, as he still has to manufacture reads - it becomes easier when there are 3 legitimate scum to hunt, but his goal is still to force "miskills" (defined as "not his team").

Can you please reference game numbers?
Yeah sorry.

M71 is the Dec 21 game. It was the double mafia family game. You were on one team with Durga and Flum, ghug was on another with Sabi and captainmeme.

M73 is the Mar 22 game. You were the JOAT in that one.
In M71, I thought you and ghug could have been faking the conflict as teammates on the other scum team.

I don't understand how M73 is relevant to the point I think you are tying to make, other than you did not do anything I found suspicious D1 in that game. Then you cleared both of us D2.

bozotheclown

#1689 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 6:10 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:59 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:46 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:25 pm

Challenge accepted.
Let's see, here was your vote and the post you quoted:

In that post, Ghug said, in essence, that in a previous game with Haze, his voting behaviour was entirely OMGUS-based. Ghug questioned Haze's vote on that basis.

I would be surprised to see Ghug, a veteran, employ an OMGUS-based strategy of simply scumreading anyone voting for him. That would seem to me to be a silly strategy but also, it does not correspond to the type of play I've normally seen Ghug employ on this site. Therefore I can see why you might have thought Ghug's statement was a bit weird, but I'm not sure how that one statement persuaded you that Ghug is scum.

So, now I have answered your question, will you answer mine?

I have an additional question as well, Bozo. I notice you have not mentioned Ghug's name at all since you voted for him. Has your read on him changed since your initial vote? If so, for which reason?
It was a joke, because ghug implied he would scum read anyone who voted for him.
Okay. Funny Bozo haha Bozo.

Please can you answer the additional question?
I thought the answer was implied because I did not vote for him because I was scum reading him. I did not have any particular reason to suspect ghug is more likely than random chance to be mafia, and I still do not.

brainbomb

#1690 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:12 pm

So some things to keep in mind when we see wagons tied, or shifting seemingly out of nowhere, the mafia have a vote remover. Which probably helps protect a mafia member, or helps implicate a town member if it happens to get used.

Before I talk about this a bunch more im gonna go read the doc because I didnt really care about the setup other than my own role up to this point. And afformentioned Jailor thoughts.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1691 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 6:13 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:45 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:42 pm

He feels off.
I suppose the most interesting recent insight I can add here is that the current bozo push feels like a scum OMGUS with an "I'm mad you caught me for the wrong reasons" vibe than a town OMGUS.
You townread Bozo, then?
I've stated multiple times recently that I don't. I doubt they're scum together, but I'm not going to make reads that are dependent on other reads this early.

brainbomb

#1692 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:14 pm

k so vote remover is not a factor today, its a night action. So at least theres that

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1693 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:15 pm

Dousing wrote:
##Bozo

##vote Dousing

Can you explain me how or where have you seen that "Eden is strongest in late game"? This is so scum tryng to park a vote that I can help myself voting you.

brainbomb

#1694 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:16 pm

Also when I made my comment about jailors being able to help the mafia prevent being copscanned, I noticed that Jamie said the jailors cant self jail, but something Jamie did not realize is that the Jailors dont prevent night actions either. this was not a trap I intentionally laid, but it can be possible Jamie townslipped there in also not realizing the mistake I made.

brainbomb

#1695 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:17 pm

Jail: choose a non-self target. You will visit them. The target will be roleblocked and protected, preventing kills. The target will still be targetable by other actions.
Target receives: “You have been jailed.”

President Eden

#1696 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 6:17 pm

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:04 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:58 pm
Dousing wrote:

I'm sure there's evidence present for *YOU* but I need you to convince *ME* that there is a "pattern" that's not being followed here.

You've outlined the pattern already, thats fine. but where's evidence to show such a pattern exists or that it's being broken?
oh

well, no. lol

I don't ultimately care very much about how bozo processed a couple of loosely analogous events from over a year ago. ghug brought it up, and I did the legwork on it to discuss it with him, but I think the initial arguments I made (around when I voted for bozo) are the relevant arguments here and the ones I would like people to examine and discuss

Jamiet99uk

#1697 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 17, 2023 6:19 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:13 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:45 pm

I suppose the most interesting recent insight I can add here is that the current bozo push feels like a scum OMGUS with an "I'm mad you caught me for the wrong reasons" vibe than a town OMGUS.
You townread Bozo, then?
I've stated multiple times recently that I don't. I doubt they're scum together, but I'm not going to make reads that are dependent on other reads this early.
So you're voting for Eden because you think his response to Bozo, who you do not townread, is a scummy OMGUS response, but you don't think they're both scum.

Got it.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Bonatogether

#1698 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 17, 2023 6:19 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:38 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:24 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:14 pm
I'm voting Bona and Eden is in my towncore. This is not new news.
Can you change my mind about either of them? As bona is in my stronger town reads and I’m voting eden.
Well I'm more convinced Eden is town than Bona is scum.

I was townreading Eden before the bust up due to some of the comments he was making that agreed with my thinking. The bust up simply made me double down on my read.

My Bona vote is mainly due to the fake townslip about the mafcount. The 'I'm a PR' and 'I'm scum' don't help.
i feel like it's not a townslip because it wasn't a logical chain based on faulty assumptions more common among town but a note that i was correcting my understanding of the setup

Dousing

#1699 Post by Dousing » Wed May 17, 2023 6:20 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:15 pm
Dousing wrote:
##Bozo

##vote Dousing

Can you explain me how or where have you seen that "Eden is strongest in late game"? This is so scum tryng to park a vote that I can help myself voting you.
From last game it seemed that Eden picked up a lot more steam during the late game when there was more info.

Im not saying Eden is trustworthy here. in fact, I think they’ve explained themselves terribly with Brain and Bona. HOWEVER, I think Eden’s the type of play who is gonna improve later in the game.

brainbomb

#1700 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 6:21 pm

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:20 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:15 pm
Dousing wrote:
##Bozo

##vote Dousing

From last game it seemed that Eden picked up a lot more steam during the late game when there was more info.

Im not saying Eden is trustworthy here. in fact, I think they’ve explained themselves terribly with Brain and Bona. HOWEVER, I think Eden’s the type of play who is gonna improve later in the game.
isnt this true of whether he is either alignment?