MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Dousing

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

#1161 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:37 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:34 pm
Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:58 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:57 pm

cringe readslist makes a townie
I wasn't gonna retaliate because that'd make me petty but then I remembered I'm a PC gamer

##vote bona
i'm calling you town
Yeah but you called me cringe as well! Also I changed my vote to Jamie (which is also me shitposting)

snowy801

#1162 Post by snowy801 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:38 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:35 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:29 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:25 pm

You already answered accurately for me. I thought they said Bona, but they said bofa. Your response pointed out that my question was inaccurate and that I had just played into the bofa deez nuts joke.
Ok but if your question was whether "bofa" was not a misspelling of "bona" would you not have used the word "who" as you later corrected instead of "why"?
I didn't notice the misspelling. So my question was why they were suspecting bona. Eden questioned why I said "why". Then I noticed the misspelling, so I got in on the joke and corrected my question to "who".

How is any of this relevant?
Because if someone claims a guilty scan and you recognize the target to be valid (as you just claimed: bona) then it is not the customary instinct to call it meaningless chatter

sweetandcool

#1163 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:38 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:33 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:20 pm
Same with President Eden. Yes, I'm currently voting for them. But again, I've mentioned something that seems out of place, but have acknowledged that it's not super substantial. I would like discussion on it, and then if the discussion is satisfactory I will probably change my vote.
I understand that you want discussion but I don't know why you don't wanna spearhead that discussion unless you're mafia trying not to get yourself killed when Eden is shown to be a townie.

Form your posts, you seem to be more than capable at holding your own/opening up a discussion and you wouldn't be shying away from such a discussion if you were a townie.
Okayyyyyy, but I can't just apparate discussion from thin air. I said my bit. I made my argument. Now I'd like to know if anybody thinks it has merit, has additional evidence, has counter evidence, thinks President Eden is town and squeaky clean, etc.

Would you like to vouch for President Eden, go ahead?

snowy801

#1164 Post by snowy801 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:38 pm

Ok actually gotta go now bye

Bonatogether

#1165 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:38 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:17 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:11 pm
Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:53 pm
Damn this is not at all like Town of Salem/the games of Warewolf I played in bible camp
What are the main differences? (Apart from Bona / Eden's weird dynamic, and my raw sexual energy, of course).
It's not like Town of Salem because in it you have a LOT more info and the game is a lot more of a puzzle than a game of deception

It's not like warewolf because y'all actually know how to player the damn game.

Also opening my mouth is terrifying on this board unlike the other two
one time i was in a town of salem game with 6 arsonists and i won

Bonatogether

#1166 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:39 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:20 pm
President Eden wrote:
just piggybacking this because you fixed the quotes so I don’t have to

I think Bona’s walls here are a lot better from a signal-to-noise ratio. I know he and I engineered the situation in the previous game as mafia teammates, but everything I said then about writing to persuade was real. In the mafia chat he specifically said that he was going to include as many quotes as possible. That was done with the specific intent to make it tedious to read so most people would just go “tldr Bona big case on Eden, Eden flip scum, Bona town.” A lot of his writing in that wall would have an obnoxiously spaced quote and a drive-by comment of a few words.

Contrast to his post against Koala where he uses a url tag to cite to the message he’s concerned with, and then writes a paragraph analyzing what he thinks is interesting. Just from a formatting perspective it’s much more readable. That’s because (IMO) he actually cares about persuading people to vote Koala, whereas when he was bussing me he mostly cared about appearing to be an early adopter of the Eden wagon so that he wouldn’t look like he was bussing.
I refuse to townread someone just because they stopped shitposting
don't worry i never stop

President Eden

#1167 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:39 pm

awk moment when most of my TRs suspect me

sweetandcool

#1168 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:39 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:38 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:35 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:29 pm

Ok but if your question was whether "bofa" was not a misspelling of "bona" would you not have used the word "who" as you later corrected instead of "why"?
I didn't notice the misspelling. So my question was why they were suspecting bona. Eden questioned why I said "why". Then I noticed the misspelling, so I got in on the joke and corrected my question to "who".

How is any of this relevant?
Because if someone claims a guilty scan and you recognize the target to be valid (as you just claimed: bona) then it is not the customary instinct to call it meaningless chatter
I thought they guilty scanned Bona (I have the opposite feeling). So I asked for them to explain because they hadn't. Then it turned out to be a joke, so I just dropped it.

Bonatogether

#1169 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:40 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:24 pm
Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Be not afraid, young Dousing.

You are doing fine so far.

Be your own based self.
understood!

##vote Jamie
Is this sarcasm?
iconic

President Eden

#1170 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:41 pm

my bad snowy I think I fucked it up for you

Bonatogether

#1171 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:41 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:26 pm
Dousing wrote:
President Eden wrote:
just piggybacking this because you fixed the quotes so I don’t have to

I think Bona’s walls here are a lot better from a signal-to-noise ratio. I know he and I engineered the situation in the previous game as mafia teammates, but everything I said then about writing to persuade was real. In the mafia chat he specifically said that he was going to include as many quotes as possible. That was done with the specific intent to make it tedious to read so most people would just go “tldr Bona big case on Eden, Eden flip scum, Bona town.” A lot of his writing in that wall would have an obnoxiously spaced quote and a drive-by comment of a few words.

Contrast to his post against Koala where he uses a url tag to cite to the message he’s concerned with, and then writes a paragraph analyzing what he thinks is interesting. Just from a formatting perspective it’s much more readable. That’s because (IMO) he actually cares about persuading people to vote Koala, whereas when he was bussing me he mostly cared about appearing to be an early adopter of the Eden wagon so that he wouldn’t look like he was bussing.
I refuse to townread someone just because they stopped shitposting
To be honest I think Eden's either

a) a member of mafia supporting an argument made by their fellow mafia without actually having to get involved or

b) just flattered someone is listening to them and has rose tinted goggles
a)

KoalaAttack

#1172 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:41 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:28 pm
So earlier I mentioned that I was working off a worldview where Koala and rdr and scum mainly because (a: I think Koala's kinda hard confirmed b: I'm town leaning a lot of people)

I would really, really, love for Snowy to elaborate. I will even promise in advance I won't respond defending myself. I just want the rest of the group to see your actual reasoning as opposed to convenient coasting along.

See, when Bona acts suspicious and makes what I think is a bad case, the one thing I have to give Bona credit for is trying to solve (or pretending to). Even Damo, when directly confronted, put themselves out there – and even voted ##end, which has already drawn some interesting discussion on "why?" and suspicion towards Damo.

But with you Snowy, i find it strangely ironic. Here is my take: At first Snowy contributed nothing than a couple naked quotes – then several people, myself included (Jamiet also comes to mind), called you out on it... and what was your response?

You response was a few posts explaining why you are not answering the direct pointed questions – without actually answering the direct pointed questions. To me that reads that Snowy put in a bunch of effort to justify continued dodging of the questions, where Snowy could have spent the same time to ... oh I don't know, actually answer them?

For the time being, my vote is staying put.

Dousing

#1173 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:43 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Dousing wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:20 pm
Same with President Eden. Yes, I'm currently voting for them. But again, I've mentioned something that seems out of place, but have acknowledged that it's not super substantial. I would like discussion on it, and then if the discussion is satisfactory I will probably change my vote.
I understand that you want discussion but I don't know why you don't wanna spearhead that discussion unless you're mafia trying not to get yourself killed when Eden is shown to be a townie.

Form your posts, you seem to be more than capable at holding your own/opening up a discussion and you wouldn't be shying away from such a discussion if you were a townie.
Okayyyyyy, but I can't just apparate discussion from thin air. I said my bit. I made my argument. Now I'd like to know if anybody thinks it has merit, has additional evidence, has counter evidence, thinks President Eden is town and squeaky clean, etc.

If nobody followed up on your theory, I think the natural town move is to bring the theory up again.

I don't understand why you would allow someone your voting on (and is by extension highly suspicious) to face zero scrutiny from you UNLESS you didn't want to draw attention to yourself but still wanna look active

sweetandcool

#1174 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:45 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:41 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:28 pm
So earlier I mentioned that I was working off a worldview where Koala and rdr and scum mainly because (a: I think Koala's kinda hard confirmed b: I'm town leaning a lot of people)

I would really, really, love for Snowy to elaborate. I will even promise in advance I won't respond defending myself. I just want the rest of the group to see your actual reasoning as opposed to convenient coasting along.

See, when Bona acts suspicious and makes what I think is a bad case, the one thing I have to give Bona credit for is trying to solve (or pretending to). Even Damo, when directly confronted, put themselves out there – and even voted ##end, which has already drawn some interesting discussion on "why?" and suspicion towards Damo.

But with you Snowy, i find it strangely ironic. Here is my take: At first Snowy contributed nothing than a couple naked quotes – then several people, myself included (Jamiet also comes to mind), called you out on it... and what was your response?

You response was a few posts explaining why you are not answering the direct pointed questions – without actually answering the direct pointed questions. To me that reads that Snowy put in a bunch of effort to justify continued dodging of the questions, where Snowy could have spent the same time to ... oh I don't know, actually answer them?

For the time being, my vote is staying put.
I'm kind of feeling the same about snowy.

Dousing

#1175 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:45 pm

Bonatogether wrote:

one time i was in a town of salem game with 6 arsonists and i won
Were you selling gasoline at the time?

sweetandcool

#1176 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:48 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:43 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Dousing wrote:

If nobody followed up on your theory, I think the natural town move is to bring the theory up again.

I don't understand why you would allow someone your voting on (and is by extension highly suspicious) to face zero scrutiny from you UNLESS you didn't want to draw attention to yourself but still wanna look active
First, it does keep coming up. You've just brought it up again, thank you. My vote is an encouragement to discuss it (oddly even President Eden hasn't even chimed in). Secondly, I am strongly suspicious of Koala, so if my comments go nowhere, I will probably be switching to them. In the meantime, I am keeping Eden under close scrutiny to see if anything else about their behaviour speaks to me.

Dousing

#1177 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:49 pm

I'm gonna park my vote here for the time being:

##VOTE rdrivera2005

sweetandcool

#1178 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:50 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:48 pm
Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:43 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

First, it does keep coming up. You've just brought it up again, thank you. My vote is an encouragement to discuss it (oddly even President Eden hasn't even chimed in). Secondly, I am strongly suspicious of Koala, so if my comments go nowhere, I will probably be switching to them. In the meantime, I am keeping Eden under close scrutiny to see if anything else about their behaviour speaks to me.
Not everybody has to play town the way you think town should be played.

sweetandcool

#1179 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:51 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:49 pm
I'm gonna park my vote here for the time being:

##VOTE rdrivera2005
Why?

Bonatogether

#1180 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:52 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:07 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:08 pm
I'm currently voting President Eden, but nobody has really discussed yet whether my opinion has merit or not, but I definitely don't have huge evidence on them and won't pretend otherwise.
I reread your analysis of Eden and it makes a good deal of sense.
For reference:
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:16 pm

This is why President Eden is actually tied with Koala as my number one suspect. When I was suspecting Fox, they swooped in and encouraged that. Then, somewhere along the line, I swear they did the same thing with damo, but I can't find it. And now they are supporting a push for Chaqa.

Kind of seems like they are happily encouraging momentum against different people without actually providing much original thought. Nobody suspects them because people feel happy to be validated by them.

##VOTE President Eden
The problem is you've just thrown out that accusation, but I don't see you committing to it. The reason you helped kill Foxcastle was because:

1. Foxcastle kept pressuring you and
2. The rest of the board jumped on the Foxcastle bandwagon on your behalf

If you were genuine in your analysis's I think you would be more developing evidence/a line of questioning more organically because currently you seem to be going:

Step one - find accusation/conspiracy
Step two - check to see if a townie is biting (if yes use townie as backup and go to step three if not go to step one)
Step three - sit back and watch as townies MK

I'm basing this on the fact that I haven't seen you actually evolve your theories organically and your really hesitant to actually put your name on the line when putting them forward.

Tbh, I suspect that--had I ignored your remark about Eden--you would just found some new theory to push in the hopes that a townie would eventually back you up.
i like this post