MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

#1141 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:10 pm

Teacon is reading the forum.

Hello Teacon! Do you miss us?
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

snowy801

#1142 Post by snowy801 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:10 pm

I just saw that

People just let that go? That's wild

President Eden

#1143 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:11 pm

was he not just playing into the bofa deez nuts joke and used the wrong question?

snowy801

#1144 Post by snowy801 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:13 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:11 pm
was he not just playing into the bofa deez nuts joke and used the wrong question?
I'm not sure that can be a legitimate read of that

Seems like a very clear and serious "why did you scan this individual"

snowy801

#1145 Post by snowy801 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:15 pm

I suppose it's easiest to ask

@sweetandcool clarification on the matter? What was the intend of your original question

President Eden

#1146 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:16 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:13 pm
President Eden wrote:

i don’t know that i agree but i’m gonna let s&c speak for himself since i probably already answered too much

Jamiet99uk

#1147 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:16 pm

I like Snowy's increase in participation.

I dislike Rdr's absence.

Ghug is still in the top 5 posters and he's been dead for about 22 hours.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

snowy801

#1148 Post by snowy801 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:20 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:16 am
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:56 am
Your assumption that I was invested in Damo's death is misguided.
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:14 pm
Alright I've decided to ##Vote damo

Because no one else has voted him and that means he's scum.
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:20 pm
Join me on Damo. If I'm wrong the vig can shoot me.
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:25 pm
Damo Damo he's our man, if we don't catch him nobody can
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:54 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
why am i a wagon

why is damo a wagon

why is koala not more of a wagon

this pisses me off
Damo is a wagon because I noticed NO ONE had voted for him despite some people sussing him.

I deem him scum.
Oof

Ok Eden you're off the hook for now ##vote rdrivera

sweetandcool

#1149 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:20 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:07 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:08 pm
I'm currently voting President Eden, but nobody has really discussed yet whether my opinion has merit or not, but I definitely don't have huge evidence on them and won't pretend otherwise.
I reread your analysis of Eden and it makes a good deal of sense.
For reference:
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:16 pm

This is why President Eden is actually tied with Koala as my number one suspect. When I was suspecting Fox, they swooped in and encouraged that. Then, somewhere along the line, I swear they did the same thing with damo, but I can't find it. And now they are supporting a push for Chaqa.

Kind of seems like they are happily encouraging momentum against different people without actually providing much original thought. Nobody suspects them because people feel happy to be validated by them.

##VOTE President Eden
The problem is you've just thrown out that accusation, but I don't see you committing to it. The reason you helped kill Foxcastle was because:

1. Foxcastle kept pressuring you and
2. The rest of the board jumped on the Foxcastle bandwagon on your behalf

If you were genuine in your analysis's I think you would be more developing evidence/a line of questioning more organically because currently you seem to be going:

Step one - find accusation/conspiracy
Step two - check to see if a townie is biting (if yes use townie as backup and go to step three if not go to step one)
Step three - sit back and watch as townies MK

I'm basing this on the fact that I haven't seen you actually evolve your theories organically and your really hesitant to actually put your name on the line when putting them forward.

Tbh, I suspect that--had I ignored your remark about Eden--you would just found some new theory to push in the hopes that a townie would eventually back you up.
I won't pretend that I like people agreeing with me. That's why I am currently very suspicious of President Eden. I think they egged me on when I was accusing Fox.

I'm surprised nobody has pointed out the following, because it's something I have been feeling self-conscious about and I think you are referencing, but my main suspects have also been the two who have attacked me; Fox and Koala (I attacked Fox first, yes).

My fuel against Fox was that they didn't seem to address my concern but rather tried to discredit me, something Mafia would do (turn accusations against the accuser).

My fuel against Koala is that they seem to be doing exactly that against Bonatogether (in addition to other Koala behaviours). Bonatogether made a well thought out post and Koala just hand waved it away. They have not substantially made any argument as to why they are not Mafia. The fact that they pushed against me is irrelevant, especially since I have agreed with the base of their argument that newness should not be a shield against suspicion.

I think it's unfair to say I've been pushing for a damo and/or President Eden misskill. Yes, I made a mention about damo but acknowledged it as a conspiracy theory and haven't really mentioned it since. I think it's good to at least point suspicious things out, as long as I acknowledge that it's a bit of a reach.

Same with President Eden. Yes, I'm currently voting for them. But again, I've mentioned something that seems out of place, but have acknowledged that it's not super substantial. I would like discussion on it, and then if the discussion is satisfactory I will probably change my vote.

Dousing

#1150 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:21 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:50 pm

I'm definitely having trouble connecting A to B here lol

...I'm not saying I agree with him on Koala per se - more on that in a bit - I'm saying that the motivation behind this post is vastly different than what I saw when I had a behind-the-scenes view of how he operates as mafia. So I think Bona's town.
What I mean is that I don't think there's enough evidence to townread Bona based on the fact that they're now proofreading their arguments.

I mean, imagine if Bona was mafia and they decided to word vomit all over this forum like you just described.
1. You would have IMMEDIATELY called them out and
2. Koala would have tore their argument to shreds.

Furthermore, I think others would be able to learn from that game and be on the lookout for the excessive quoting that you just described.

Truth be told, I think the strategy of using a million quotes as a smokescreen to hide a flimsy argument can only work if the accuser and the accused is on the same team. Otherwise, the accused could simply point out what the accuser is doing and accuser would be caught red handed.

Like I said before, I think you're biased and there is not enough evidence to townread Bona at this point

Jamiet99uk

#1151 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:23 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:20 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:56 am
Your assumption that I was invested in Damo's death is misguided.
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:14 pm
Alright I've decided to ##Vote damo

Because no one else has voted him and that means he's scum.
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:20 pm
Join me on Damo. If I'm wrong the vig can shoot me.
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:25 pm
Damo Damo he's our man, if we don't catch him nobody can
Chaqa wrote:

Damo is a wagon because I noticed NO ONE had voted for him despite some people sussing him.

I deem him scum.
Oof

Snowy.

Please can you explain why Bozo's analysis of Chaqa, in which neither Eden nor Rdr are mentioned, causes you to change your view on Eden, and want to vote Rdr?

sweetandcool

#1152 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:25 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:16 pm
snowy801 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

i don’t know that i agree but i’m gonna let s&c speak for himself since i probably already answered too much
You already answered accurately for me. I thought they said Bona, but they said bofa. Your response pointed out that my question was inaccurate and that I had just played into the bofa deez nuts joke.

snowy801

#1153 Post by snowy801 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:28 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:23 pm
snowy801 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Oof

Snowy.

Please can you explain why Bozo's analysis of Chaqa, in which neither Eden nor Rdr are mentioned, causes you to change your view on Eden, and want to vote Rdr?
Ok I'm gonna answer this and have to go alright

So earlier I mentioned that I was working off a worldview where Koala and rdr and scum mainly because (a: I think Koala's kinda hard confirmed b: I'm town leaning a lot of people)

Now Eden was on my suspect list of people I'm not town leaning and therefore made the cut, primarily on the basis of "who else could it be" (additional point: chaqa was previously on the list but I had avoided the question on the basis of he's already top wagon)

Now I'm not one to believe in town competence, but if evidence suggests that Chaqa is just blatantly lying - and listen I haven't completely read the thread I'll admit but a lot of verifiable claims of Chaqa just straight up contradicting himself has been thrown about that I've at least seen (from you even) then it seems despite all even possible that both Koala AND Chaqa could be scum, which though as you point out makes no effect on my understanding on Eden in isolation reduces the probability space on account of "well there's only 3 scum in the game"

And therefore I return to hounding after rdrivera, who I still love but suspect may be scum

Bit of a word vomit since I'm in a rush cya in a bit

snowy801

#1154 Post by snowy801 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:29 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:25 pm
President Eden wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

You already answered accurately for me. I thought they said Bona, but they said bofa. Your response pointed out that my question was inaccurate and that I had just played into the bofa deez nuts joke.
Ok but if your question was whether "bofa" was not a misspelling of "bona" would you not have used the word "who" as you later corrected instead of "why"?

Jamiet99uk

#1155 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:30 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:28 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:23 pm
snowy801 wrote:

Oof

Snowy.

Ok I'm gonna answer this and have to go alright

So earlier I mentioned that I was working off a worldview where Koala and rdr and scum mainly because (a: I think Koala's kinda hard confirmed b: I'm town leaning a lot of people)

Now Eden was on my suspect list of people I'm not town leaning and therefore made the cut, primarily on the basis of "who else could it be" (additional point: chaqa was previously on the list but I had avoided the question on the basis of he's already top wagon)

Now I'm not one to believe in town competence, but if evidence suggests that Chaqa is just blatantly lying - and listen I haven't completely read the thread I'll admit but a lot of verifiable claims of Chaqa just straight up contradicting himself has been thrown about that I've at least seen (from you even) then it seems despite all even possible that both Koala AND Chaqa could be scum, which though as you point out makes no effect on my understanding on Eden in isolation reduces the probability space on account of "well there's only 3 scum in the game"

And therefore I return to hounding after rdrivera, who I still love but suspect may be scum

Bit of a word vomit since I'm in a rush cya in a bit
Okay.

Thank you.

That mostly made sense.

Dousing

#1156 Post by Dousing » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:33 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Same with President Eden. Yes, I'm currently voting for them. But again, I've mentioned something that seems out of place, but have acknowledged that it's not super substantial. I would like discussion on it, and then if the discussion is satisfactory I will probably change my vote.
I understand that you want discussion but I don't know why you don't wanna spearhead that discussion unless you're mafia trying not to get yourself killed when Eden is shown to be a townie.

Form your posts, you seem to be more than capable at holding your own/opening up a discussion and you wouldn't be shying away from such a discussion if you were a townie.

Bonatogether

#1157 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:34 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:58 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:57 pm
Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:53 pm
Damn this is not at all like Town of Salem/the games of Warewolf I played in summer camp

Regardless, this is my list so far (In decreasing order of how much trust I have in them)

Townreads:
1. Me
2. Jamiet - for actually trying to collect info on the game
3. Bozo - Same reason as Jamie

Not sure/mid trust:
4. Eden - I think I'm biased because their explainer post is really stepping my game up
5. KoalaAttack - I explained why before and Bona is discrediting them with sub-par theories imo
6. Snowy - They're gonna be low until they get more active
7. S&C - They seem to be steering the game (I'll explain more below)

Scumreads
8. Bona - I might be putting them too low but I just don't like the ~vibe~ I'm getting from them. I don't know them well enough to make an *accurate* assessment but it seems that their posts are a lot of words but not a lot of substance
9. Chaqa - They are forthcoming on any particular stances at all

There is (frustratingly) little to gleam about rdr and damo from my POV. Anything to say about them comes mostly on the opinions of other people

For my opinion on S&C (because they're the lowest on my list that I haven't given a good explanation for):

I think every theory they've given so far has been rather flaky. They seem to be pushing hard to kill particular people without actually giving ample evidence to back it up.

To give a (bad) example: their shading of Damo makes practically no sense.
cringe readslist makes a townie
I wasn't gonna retaliate because that'd make me petty but then I remembered I'm a PC gamer

##vote bona
i'm calling you town

Bonatogether

#1158 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:35 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:00 pm
Anyone have thoughts on the damo end vote?
damo is damoing

sweetandcool

#1159 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:35 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:29 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:25 pm
President Eden wrote:

Ok but if your question was whether "bofa" was not a misspelling of "bona" would you not have used the word "who" as you later corrected instead of "why"?
I didn't notice the misspelling. So my question was why they were suspecting bona. Eden questioned why I said "why". Then I noticed the misspelling, so I got in on the joke and corrected my question to "who".

How is any of this relevant?

Bonatogether

#1160 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:36 pm

Dousing wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:06 pm
So question: We have 8 townies, 3 mafia so if we MK (which I assume means miskill) this turn we're going to have:
7 Townies
3 Mafia

So if we Miskill today will we have 6 townies, 3 mafia on 3D?
eminently true