MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
KoalaAttack

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

#941 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:29 am

He did

President Eden wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:24 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:21 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:18 pm
I don’t follow the steps between “d1 shitposting phase is a waste of time” (true) and “I’m going to try to get myself killed.”
Shrug. I find it way easier to ignore the Discord God Thread while I get sucked in / feel obliged to participate in the game thread.

Maybe I'll finally become the lurker I always wanted to be!
If you truly want out, we have a sub available
President Eden wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:24 pm
W foxcastle

Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 79: The Damo is awakened[GAME THREAD]

#942 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:33 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:30 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:27 pm
you literally aren't reading a single thing i'm saying

your case is pure hokum. it'd blow over in a strong wind.i deleted some crass things because i really can't find something positive to say about it.

if you were willing to put in a modicum of effort to read the thread, you would would spot this message, this message, and this post, which, together with your self-evidently scummy question-dodging over the night, provides the totality of a case against you

you're also trying to paint what i'm saying in a bad light by calling it ' my normal trolly baiting' when it's really not troll and it's really not bait. i'm scumreading you with reasons, and we're debating this
I read every post of yours. I just don't agree with it. Please don't conflate not agreeing with and not reading – and please don't get frustrated because someone does not agree with you in a game about lies where they think you are Mafia.

I think you are Mafia. You think I am. I think your case against me is garbage. You think my case against you is.

But I am definitely not trying to debate you. I am perfectly happy to be voted on and MKed if it helps town. Especially if it helps build a case against you whom I believe is Mafia after my flip confirms my Town status to everyone else. So I'm totally fine with where this is heading.
this is a facetious post because you're getting righteous about one thing which is not actually what i said

lets get some receipts for the entire chain of posts because this is a pattern with you now for some reason

post #1 where you misunderstand me (intentionally or not)
You quote my post where I say that your argument of sweetandcool's scummery was 'very related' to foxcastle's argument. i meant this in the sense in which i later elaborated - your argument was a not directly derived from but would not have been made without foxcastle's argument. this was not totally clear in my original post but you instead decide to claim your argument was unrelated to foxcastle, which is interesting, because you quote posts in which sweetandcool was talking to foxcastle. you also quote some other things that i don't think can be interpreted as anything other than sweetandcool being new to the site, regardless of alignment (you specifically quote him asking what the phase is and where we are in flavor, and him being frustrated that he doesn't know the terms we use).

post #2 where you misunderstand me (intentionally or not)
my response to the post i just addressed dismissed your case out of hand, claimed that you only scumread sweetandcool because foxcastle already put in work to create momentum for it, and say that you're purposely reading what i said incorrectly. you quote this in the post i'm about to address here. you say that the case is lame only in my opinion, which seems to me to be a total dodge, because really what you point out is totally disconnected from how he would act differently as scum or town, so it's not really a case but more of a 'he looks sus!!!' post. you then claim i am misrepresenting your case to miskill you, which is a large leap that you leave unsubstantiated. you then pivot to this makes me suspicious, which doesn't follow to me. doesn't it have to be that i'm suspicious -> you think i'm scum -> you think i'm trying to miskill you? this train of thought doesn't seem like it's valid. then you say i'm a scumpair with sweetandcool. congrats for having caught 2/3rds of the scumteam koala! you're a mafia GOAT.

post #3 where you misunderstood me (i believe it's relatively clear that it's intentional at this point)
my response to the previous post was pretty provoking, but it's the same stuff i've been saying, just stated more forcefully + some of my core beliefs about mafia ('demonstrate why scum bona is more likely to call you out than town bona'). your post is also a simple reiteration of what you've been saying, with the addition that i've been doing 'typical trolly bait', which, as someone who's played several games with me, should know that's not my MO.

post #4 where you lie about what i'm saying (the one i'm quoting in this post)
my response to the post linked previously talks about how you were misrepresenting our interactions in various different ways. you decide the optimal response to that is to minimize my concerns and play up the 'woe is me, bona is a troll trying to mk me' angle, and to valiantly say that if you are mked, it'd be worth it if i'm dked afterwards.

i think it's pretty clear that you have a pattern of misrepresenting what i'm saying to make me appear illogical and incoherent when in reality there doesn't seem to be a possible town thought process for the repeated and unproductive obscuring of what i've said and what your role in the foxcastle vs sweetandcool was.

i think what you were doing on d1 is trying to orient yourself to seemingly push the sweetandcool kill (who you said you would vote d1 because you didn't think their newness to the site merited it because they had played elsewhere) while in reality just trying to appear like you had something of substance and investigative merit to contribute to the discussion

tl;dr for you mopes
koala lies

Bonatogether

#944 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:36 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:35 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

your case is pure hokum. it'd blow over in a strong wind.i deleted some crass things because i really can't find something positive to say about it.

if you were willing to put in a modicum of effort to read the thread, you would would spot this message, this message, and this post, which, together with your self-evidently scummy question-dodging over the night, provides the totality of a case against you

you're also trying to paint what i'm saying in a bad light by calling it ' my normal trolly baiting' when it's really not troll and it's really not bait. i'm scumreading you with reasons, and we're debating this
I read every post of yours. I just don't agree with it. Please don't conflate not agreeing with and not reading – and please don't get frustrated because someone does not agree with you in a game about lies where they think you are Mafia.

I think you are Mafia. You think I am. I think your case against me is garbage. You think my case against you is.

But I am definitely not trying to debate you. I am perfectly happy to be voted on and MKed if it helps town. Especially if it helps build a case against you whom I believe is Mafia after my flip confirms my Town status to everyone else. So I'm totally fine with where this is heading.
BTW, I still didn't click the YouTube link in Bona's troll post where he complained I called him a troll and liked to youtube in that very same post (thanks again Peterbot BTW)

But I just want to point out that this kind of behavior seems like a good mis-direction from a Mafia who is getting correctly called out on their Suspicious behavior.
i differentiate between one joke rickroll and a large-scale campaign of trolling

how is it misdirection? if anything me and you are now the focus of the thread. i'm 100% here for a thunderdome if that's what you want

Bonatogether

#945 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:36 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:36 pm
Dousing wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:32 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:08 pm

So you agree with Koala but you don't understand Koala.

O k a y.
My point is that Koala is correct in their assessment that Foxcastle really wasn't that suspicious D1 but that they should've tried harder to vouch for Foxcastle.

That being the case, I didn't do much at EoD either

Also, I'm inclined to lend credence to Koala because it doesn't seem like anyone is defending them
insightful

##vote bonatogether
i'll get you tomorrow

Bonatogether

#946 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:38 am

i'll come back later when the nerd has recovered from the shock of being dunked on

KoalaAttack

#947 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:39 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:33 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

this is a facetious post because you're getting righteous about one thing which is not actually what i said

lets get some receipts for the entire chain of posts because this is a pattern with you now for some reason

You quote my post where I say that your argument of sweetandcool's scummery was 'very related' to foxcastle's argument. i meant this in the sense in which i later elaborated - your argument was a not directly derived from but would not have been made without foxcastle's argument. this was not totally clear in my original post but you instead decide to claim your argument was unrelated to foxcastle, which is interesting, because you quote posts in which sweetandcool was talking to foxcastle. you also quote some other things that i don't think can be interpreted as anything other than sweetandcool being new to the site, regardless of alignment (you specifically quote him asking what the phase is and where we are in flavor, and him being frustrated that he doesn't know the terms we use).

my response to the post i just addressed dismissed your case out of hand, claimed that you only scumread sweetandcool because foxcastle already put in work to create momentum for it, and say that you're purposely reading what i said incorrectly. you quote this in the post i'm about to address here. you say that the case is lame only in my opinion, which seems to me to be a total dodge, because really what you point out is totally disconnected from how he would act differently as scum or town, so it's not really a case but more of a 'he looks sus!!!' post. you then claim i am misrepresenting your case to miskill you, which is a large leap that you leave unsubstantiated. you then pivot to this makes me suspicious, which doesn't follow to me. doesn't it have to be that i'm suspicious -> you think i'm scum -> you think i'm trying to miskill you? this train of thought doesn't seem like it's valid. then you say i'm a scumpair with sweetandcool. congrats for having caught 2/3rds of the scumteam koala! you're a mafia GOAT.

post #3 where you misunderstood me (i believe it's relatively clear that it's intentional at this point)
my response to the previous post was pretty provoking, but it's the same stuff i've been saying, just stated more forcefully + some of my core beliefs about mafia ('demonstrate why scum bona is more likely to call you out than town bona'). your post is also a simple reiteration of what you've been saying, with the addition that i've been doing 'typical trolly bait', which, as someone who's played several games with me, should know that's not my MO.

my response to the post linked previously talks about how you were misrepresenting our interactions in various different ways. you decide the optimal response to that is to minimize my concerns and play up the 'woe is me, bona is a troll trying to mk me' angle, and to valiantly say that if you are mked, it'd be worth it if i'm dked afterwards.

i think it's pretty clear that you have a pattern of misrepresenting what i'm saying to make me appear illogical and incoherent when in reality there doesn't seem to be a possible town thought process for the repeated and unproductive obscuring of what i've said and what your role in the foxcastle vs sweetandcool was.

i think what you were doing on d1 is trying to orient yourself to seemingly push the sweetandcool kill (who you said you would vote d1 because you didn't think their newness to the site merited it because they had played elsewhere) while in reality just trying to appear like you had something of substance and investigative merit to contribute to the discussion

tl;dr for you mopes
koala lies
Perfect, mission accomplished – everyone, please take note of this post by Bona and come back to re-read it when I flip Town together with reading both of us and our interactions last night in ISO. And then judge for yourselves.

That's all I have to say on this matter. If you didn't try including a YouTube link in your last post where you tried to come across non-trolling, I would maybe give this one more consideration. Let the cards fall as they may.

KoalaAttack

#948 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:44 am

Now I just need to get Damo to post a similar novella before I flip. And anyone else is welcome to join the Koala Witch Hunt with more fodder to evaluate you on!

KoalaAttack

#949 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:38 am
i'll come back later when the nerd has recovered from the shock of being dunked on
Should I push the child's buttons some more? Nah, it's just a game – he posted enough self-incriminating evidence for the town to hopefully evaluate.

8-) 8-) 8-)

Bonatogether

#950 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:25 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:39 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:33 am
KoalaAttack wrote:

tl;dr for you mopes
koala lies
Perfect, mission accomplished – everyone, please take note of this post by Bona and come back to re-read it when I flip Town together with reading both of us and our interactions last night in ISO. And then judge for yourselves.

That's all I have to say on this matter. If you didn't try including a YouTube link in your last post where you tried to come across non-trolling, I would maybe give this one more consideration. Let the cards fall as they may.
you can't backtrack now

Bonatogether

#951 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:31 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Should I push the child's buttons some more? Nah, it's just a game – he posted enough self-incriminating evidence for the town to hopefully evaluate.

8-) 8-) 8-)
?

sweetandcool

#952 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:03 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am
Bonatogether wrote:

8-) 8-) 8-)
I haven't had a chance to view the argument closely, but first impression is that you're not painting yourself as a sympathetic character at all.

bozotheclown

#953 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:04 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:56 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:54 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:52 pm
bozo why are you always awol
I am not sure what you mean.
why don't you post more
I post when I am available.

In what way did you find out that the mafia could choose roles?

President Eden

#954 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:07 am

##unvote

bozotheclown

#955 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:17 am

Chaqa starting a new wagon on damo in the last hour, then moving his vote as soon as damo became the top wagon, looks like a possible bus. Or, it is possible Chaqa did not want to be responsible for driving a town DK.

Chaqa started the damo wagon instead of voting for Bonatogether or Foxcastle, who each had 3 votes, despite posting this earlier D1:
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:10 pm
I want to vote for Bona or Fox. Voting the new player day 1 is too cliche
Also, ghug was scum reading Chaqa.

##VOTE Chaqa

President Eden

#956 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:17 am

bona's post against koala is what i was harping on last game when i said bona knows how to write to be read if he cares to do it

much more concise yet still as effective

damo666

#957 Post by damo666 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:18 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:44 am
Now I just need to get Damo to post a similar novella before I flip. And anyone else is welcome to join the Koala Witch Hunt with more fodder to evaluate you on!
This do?

President Eden

#958 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:19 am

##vote rdrivera2005

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bozotheclown

#960 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:38 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:57 pm
##Vote Damo for lack of a better option.

Would have voted Snowy if Snowy was a wagon.
damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:57 pm
##vote Fox
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:58 pm
##Vote Koala
Jamie's vote put damo ahead 4-3, damo tied the vote 17 seconds later, then Chaqa voted for KoalaAttack 53 seconds after that. If Chaqa thought there was time for KoalaAttack to take the lead, I think he would have thought there was time to see if someone would break the tie by voting for damo, if Chaqa wanted damo to be the DK.