MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right! [GAME THREAD]

#921 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:31 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:15 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:09 pm
@Koala

I asked you a question.
And I believe I have since answered. I am reading the posts (in the Peterbot!) in order they came in and responding in order I read them.
Yes,.you've now answered.
I like spaghetti

sweetandcool

#922 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:46 pm

Weighing in on the current Koala vs Bonatogether spat:

I am getting used to Bonatogether and though their posts still give me some headaches they have been inputting more substantially as the game has progressed, so I'm no longer considering voting them just because of the headaches.

However, their opinion seems chaotic and hard to follow. Is this normal Bonatogether behavior? I'm firmly neutral on their alignment at the moment.

Koala: I know they have been claiming their work is keeping them busy, and the breakdown of the peterbot demotivated them initially, but I still think my conspiracy theory about them and damo has some merit (not necessarily a lot).

I am mainly disturbed that the stunt they pulled in the beginning has caused at least a few people to think they are firmly town. I think their stunt proves nothing.

Furthermore, after D1, they have been claiming that they thought Fox was firmly town and that they wanted to save Fox. If that is the case, why didn't they make an argument for that to be the case?

Fox and Koala both focused on discrediting me, but not on disproving my claim. Koala has shown they can make a well thought out argument, why was their no argument for Fox's innocence?

I find their focus on condemning me and not absolving Fox to be suspicious.

I'm still not at the point of voting Koala, but they are high on my list currently.

KoalaAttack

#923 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:59 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:46 pm
\
I'm still not at the point of voting Koala, but they are high on my list currently.
So the real question is – do you have someone else whom you suspect relatively more than me? If yes, vote them. If no, you should vote me (if you ask me).

Different people have different styles, but FWIW my personal take is everyone should always be voting for their currently-highest-suspect.

I am not going to repeat the explanation of why I wasn't defending Foxcastle who became a wagon in the middle of my meetings.

But also, I find defending in general to be less useful than Mafia hunting and making better cases & theories. Even for myself – yeah, I could be all like "Damo, why you voted me? Reiterate your case, here is why your case is bad." ... Like Bona is doing to me... But I find a better use of time building a relatively superior case.

As a Town player, surviving at all costs does not help us win the game. Uncovering Mafia does, so I much rather spend my time doing that and if I get MKed in the process so be it.

sweetandcool

#924 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:13 pm

I agree that surviving isn't the goal, taking out mafia is. I'm not questioning why you didn't switch your vote. I was questioning why you never defended Fox.

Some effort could have made me change my mind and vote for someone other than Fox. Instead I spent my energy defending myself from you and Fox, and it really did come across as you finding a wagon to make yourself look town.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#925 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:19 pm

I have a guilty scan on Bofa.

sweetandcool

#926 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:23 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:19 pm
Why? Please explain, otherwise this is meaningless chatter.

President Eden

#927 Post by President Eden » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Who the hell is Steve Jobs

President Eden

#928 Post by President Eden » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:28 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:23 pm
Chaqa wrote:
of all the questions, "why" is a very curious choice

sweetandcool

#929 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:30 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:28 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
You're right, it should have been "who?!"

President Eden

#930 Post by President Eden » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:31 pm

send it chaq

Dousing

#931 Post by Dousing » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:32 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:08 pm
Dousing wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:49 pm
Also from rereading the chat I can definitely see where KoalaAttack is coming from RE: Foxcastle. I’m hindsight I really wish I read Koala’s posts more carefully D1 because foxcastle convincing Koala not to suicide seems like town behavior (from what litre I’ve learned about town-mafia dynamics this far)

I’m kinda confused why Koala didn’t push harder for Foxcastle’s innocence though…
So you agree with Koala but you don't understand Koala.

O k a y.
My point is that Koala is correct in their assessment that Foxcastle really wasn't that suspicious D1 but that they should've tried harder to vouch for Foxcastle.

That being the case, I didn't do much at EoD either

Also, I'm inclined to lend credence to Koala because it doesn't seem like anyone is defending them

KoalaAttack

Re: MAFIA 79: The Damo is awakened[GAME THREAD]

#932 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:35 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:30 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:27 pm
you literally aren't reading a single thing i'm saying

your case is pure hokum. it'd blow over in a strong wind.i deleted some crass things because i really can't find something positive to say about it.

if you were willing to put in a modicum of effort to read the thread, you would would spot this message, this message, and this post, which, together with your self-evidently scummy question-dodging over the night, provides the totality of a case against you

you're also trying to paint what i'm saying in a bad light by calling it ' my normal trolly baiting' when it's really not troll and it's really not bait. i'm scumreading you with reasons, and we're debating this
I read every post of yours. I just don't agree with it. Please don't conflate not agreeing with and not reading – and please don't get frustrated because someone does not agree with you in a game about lies where they think you are Mafia.

I think you are Mafia. You think I am. I think your case against me is garbage. You think my case against you is.

But I am definitely not trying to debate you. I am perfectly happy to be voted on and MKed if it helps town. Especially if it helps build a case against you whom I believe is Mafia after my flip confirms my Town status to everyone else. So I'm totally fine with where this is heading.
BTW, I still didn't click the YouTube link in Bona's troll post where he complained I called him a troll and liked to youtube in that very same post (thanks again Peterbot BTW)

But I just want to point out that this kind of behavior seems like a good mis-direction from a Mafia who is getting correctly called out on their Suspicious behavior.

President Eden

#933 Post by President Eden » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:36 pm

Dousing wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:32 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:08 pm
Dousing wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:49 pm
Also from rereading the chat I can definitely see where KoalaAttack is coming from RE: Foxcastle. I’m hindsight I really wish I read Koala’s posts more carefully D1 because foxcastle convincing Koala not to suicide seems like town behavior (from what litre I’ve learned about town-mafia dynamics this far)

I’m kinda confused why Koala didn’t push harder for Foxcastle’s innocence though…
So you agree with Koala but you don't understand Koala.

O k a y.
My point is that Koala is correct in their assessment that Foxcastle really wasn't that suspicious D1 but that they should've tried harder to vouch for Foxcastle.

That being the case, I didn't do much at EoD either

Also, I'm inclined to lend credence to Koala because it doesn't seem like anyone is defending them
insightful

##vote bonatogether

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#934 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:54 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:30 pm
President Eden wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

BOFA DEEEZZZZZ NUTS GOTTEEEEEM LIGMA

Dousing

#935 Post by Dousing » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:54 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Koala: I still think my conspiracy theory about them and damo has some merit (not necessarily a lot).

I am mainly disturbed that the stunt they pulled in the beginning has caused at least a few people to think they are firmly town. I think their stunt proves nothing.
If you're referring to Koala's self-voting confused why you think its a conspiracy with Damo and Koala when this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4642&p=336217#p336217 is the only thing Damo has directly said to Koala to convince them not to suicide as far as I can remember.

Koala said it themselves in saying that it was Foxcastle and Eden that convinced them to say in the game.

Also I really don't think anyone is really convinced that Koala is town just because they self-voted on hour one of a 48 hour phase

Dousing

#936 Post by Dousing » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:54 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
President Eden wrote:

##vote chaqa

President Eden

#937 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:02 am

Chaqa wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
President Eden wrote:

President Eden

#938 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:03 am

Dousing wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Koala: I still think my conspiracy theory about them and damo has some merit (not necessarily a lot).

If you're referring to Koala's self-voting confused why you think its a conspiracy with Damo and Koala when this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4642&p=336217#p336217 is the only thing Damo has directly said to Koala to convince them not to suicide as far as I can remember.

Koala said it themselves in saying that it was Foxcastle and Eden that convinced them to say in the game.

Also I really don't think anyone is really convinced that Koala is town just because they self-voted on hour one of a 48 hour phase
hey dousing i don't mean to be a dick

you've been a very fun player

but i need you to never post on this site again lest your post count be ruined king

KoalaAttack

#939 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:09 am

Eden's post congratulating Dousing for post 69 is 5695

sweetandcool

#940 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:13 am

Dousing wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Yes, that was what I am referring too. I just skimmed through the posts and nobody tried to convince Koala to stop after that, until Fox made a post and then Koala started posting again and finally decided to stop and follow along with Fox's plan.

I don't think Eden said anything at that point though?