MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Princess Neon

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#3921 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:39 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:24 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:11 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:56 pm
Please no one else hammer Neon yet. Neon fake claiming doctor would not be the most anti-town thing we have seen this game from town.
I mean it's not even anti town so
3 out of 8 people have declared that they're not moving from you today

if you're town you've made a terrible move for no gain
3 out of 8 people have Level 0 mafia takes

Bonatogether

#3922 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:39 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:33 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:26 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:38 pm

It shouldn't guarantee a miskill. It's a valid town play and a good one at that.
what benefit did you get

what threat did you avert

who did you catch with this
I gave the doctor cover if people were capable of playing around a fake claim on this site but clearly they aren't

I avoided the threat of brainbomb tinfoils and the doctor needing to claim against them and confused the wolf team. Proof is that Eden and the wolves clearly had a plan to find out if I was being honest yesterday. Proof of that is when I flip town and you actually go back and examine the play of the flipped wolf.

I dunno flip my PoE and let's find out lol
people do fakeclaims on this site and it just doesn't happen like this lmfao.

brainbomb's tinfoils are not a threat to be averted. that's just brainbomb being brainbomb playing to his strengths. no way rdr would have felt the need to claim against a brain scumread, which, even if it had happened, which is dubious, because brain was townreading rdr for a while, like you said, brain often switches reads, so it would literally not be a problem.

regarding eden, he was literally doing what's respectable (and for eden, standard) townplay. he asked everyone who was unsure of your claim to clarify what they were doing. this just doesn't jibe with how i understand eden.

did you learn that from your claim stuff?

Princess Neon

#3923 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:40 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:25 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:18 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:17 am
Maybe folks will say "conspiracy theories" again... but I have to share this thought, and then the rest of you can tell me it's crazy and I'll go away:

<snip quotes>

So... Princess Neon thinks that Bozo is Mafia, but "noone will listen" so doesn't vote for them. Bozo is really going at it arguing with Princess Neon about the role claim, but doesn't vote for Princess and then asks folks not to hammer.

Suspicious?
When I flip town will you proceed to drop this entire thought and forget about Bozo ignoring the fact that wolf Bozo could just be TMIing me town here and trying to gain cred because they were patient with me and tried to give me space to talk when wolf Bozo just knows I'm gonna flip town here.
I am having a hard time parsing out that sentence, but I believe what you are saying is: "When I flip Town, will you remember to go back to this or let Bozo get away with it?"

If that's correct, then my response is: If you flip Town, I promise to come back to this post and thing long & hard about the implications of it.
Dope.

BK3K

#3924 Post by BK3K » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:40 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:38 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:23 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:10 am

It's option 2
in that world, i don't understand that if rdr was obviously doc, why did no one in scumchat point this out to eden (ie, he wouldn't need to determine if neon was doc)
I don't no how is incredibly hard to understand that RDR was obviously doc because of how they played around my slot YESTERDAY when Eden was clearly trying to figure out if my claim was real or not
I have to revisit. Was Eden trying to fact check you, or trying to fish out the real doc? Idk the answer yet

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3925 Post by Chaqa » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:41 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:16 am
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:16 am
Just to make it clear, if Neon wasn’t mafia they would have killed her last night. There’s no word mafia kills rivera instead, especially over Bozo, who was way more townread
This is a pretty awful take if you just like read the game. RDR was blatantly obvious doc.
No, Neon, you were.

Anyone who blatantly thought Rivera was the Cop had more information than town.

Princess Neon

#3926 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:42 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:30 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:17 am

hardclaim means no take-backs and no bullshit
Turns out people lie.

Town and wolfs as it turns out.

See thing is. Your all gonna talk mad shit about me and blame me when you kill the obvious town player who provided cover for the doctor. That's cool.

But the question is. If RDR played along and hid his PR I would die and if I did I give RDR another day and a PoE slot gets cleared by the wolfs instead of a misexe

So take the level 0 thought of "lie = Mafia" and think about it deeper instead of speed hammering a town because you think there's only one way to play mafia
nah there's claiming, and then there's hardclaiming. it's not just a difference of emphasis

also you're not at ALL obviously town lol

your plan ran into the rather foreseeable issue that the doc didn't think you were town. 'if he had just played along!!!' is the real level 0 take because you can't just assume you can go from nothing to running a high-trust play with a pr, especially when you had failed to really produce (and despite your claims of greatness, where are you now?)
Well see. RDR had the forethought to not CC but not the forethought to actually hide how much they didn't trust me.

It's not that hard to just go "oh Neon is town" and force the wolfs to kill me instead of making it so incredibly obvious that you are the real doctor.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3927 Post by Chaqa » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:43 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Please no one else hammer Neon yet. Neon fake claiming doctor would not be the most anti-town thing we have seen this game from town.

Here's the thing: I admit it's possible Neon is town, but there is no way we can continue solving until we know Neon's role.

Bonatogether

#3928 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:43 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:38 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:23 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:10 am

It's option 2
in that world, i don't understand that if rdr was obviously doc, why did no one in scumchat point this out to eden (ie, he wouldn't need to determine if neon was doc)
I don't no how is incredibly hard to understand that RDR was obviously doc because of how they played around my slot YESTERDAY when Eden was clearly trying to figure out if my claim was real or not
well like only bozo has admitted to having picked up on it

BK3K

#3929 Post by BK3K » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:43 am

if neon is town, i think I'm okay with this being the last mis kill

This is too nutty to keep around next day

Bonatogether

#3930 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:44 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:39 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

3 out of 8 people have Level 0 mafia takes
you just can't retract a hardclaim lmfao

it's not fucking hard

you lie in a hardclaim, you die

that's why hardclaims mean something

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3931 Post by Chaqa » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:44 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 pm

Lmao this is really not a good way to play mafia
Turns out people lie.

See thing is. Your all gonna talk mad shit about me and blame me when you kill the obvious town player who provided cover for the doctor. That's cool.

But the question is. If RDR played along and hid his PR I would die and if I did I give RDR another day and a PoE slot gets cleared by the wolfs instead of a misexe

So take the level 0 thought of "lie = Mafia" and think about it deeper instead of speed hammering a town because you think there's only one way to play mafia
A hardclaim explicitly comes with an "if I take this back you kill me" clause, we are simply exercising our option as is within our rights.

(See eden i learn things sometimes)

Princess Neon

#3932 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:44 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:31 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:26 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:19 am

when in this game has anyone seriously proposed voting you because of the fact that you're a sub, or said they suspect you because you're a sub? this just isn't true
I've played exactly 3 games here. Let's not pretend there's not a bias against subs here lol I've seen it every game I've played.
i swear to god i've played here since 2020 and i cannot remember a SINGLE instance in which someone was voted out for being a sub
I can remember it because my first game here I defended a sub by saying we should judge the sub on their own merits and everyone acted like that was an insane take.

And in every game I've been in the subs have been killed because of how their slots acted before the sub. Which is frankly... anti sub.

Bonatogether

#3933 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:45 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:42 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:30 am
Princess Neon wrote:

Turns out people lie.

nah there's claiming, and then there's hardclaiming. it's not just a difference of emphasis

also you're not at ALL obviously town lol

your plan ran into the rather foreseeable issue that the doc didn't think you were town. 'if he had just played along!!!' is the real level 0 take because you can't just assume you can go from nothing to running a high-trust play with a pr, especially when you had failed to really produce (and despite your claims of greatness, where are you now?)
Well see. RDR had the forethought to not CC but not the forethought to actually hide how much they didn't trust me.

It's not that hard to just go "oh Neon is town" and force the wolfs to kill me instead of making it so incredibly obvious that you are the real doctor.
i don't understand why you thought the doc needed help like that

Princess Neon

#3934 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:45 am

Chaqa wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Pure copium. Good attempt Neon.
I mean I know it's not anti town lol

BK3K

#3935 Post by BK3K » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:45 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:43 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

Here's the thing: I admit it's possible Neon is town, but there is no way we can continue solving until we know Neon's role.
Hundo

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3936 Post by Chaqa » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:46 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 pm

Lmao this is really not a good way to play mafia
Turns out people lie.

Also - I've highlighted in red a large part.

You did not provide cover for the doctor.

Rivera was not under suspicion but not clear either. He was not a likely nightkill or daykill until possibly this very night.

All you did was draw attention to him via his stubbornness with not believing you.

Princess Neon

#3937 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:46 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:28 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:20 am

if you're town your claim was so utterly and incomprehensibly smoothbrain it's unjustifiable
This is a shit take. And don't insult me again.
i seriously don't understand in what world this was a good play
Like most of them really

Bonatogether

#3938 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:47 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:44 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:31 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:26 am

I've played exactly 3 games here. Let's not pretend there's not a bias against subs here lol I've seen it every game I've played.
i swear to god i've played here since 2020 and i cannot remember a SINGLE instance in which someone was voted out for being a sub
I can remember it because my first game here I defended a sub by saying we should judge the sub on their own merits and everyone acted like that was an insane take.

And in every game I've been in the subs have been killed because of how their slots acted before the sub. Which is frankly... anti sub.
??? are you saying we can't use the play of previous players in the slot? because that is a genuinely insane take.

this is a nutty post

if you HAVE INFO, you USE INFO

Princess Neon

#3940 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:47 am

BK3K wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:37 am
I'm at the point where I'm solid voting neon

If neon flips town and we lost to someone like deep scum bozo, i won't even be mad, I'll be impressed

From my point of view, cutting anyone but neon requires too much WIFOM to justify, that is not justifiable
I'd be pretty mad but don't worry you can all keep blaming me in DVC.