Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#801 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:12 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:08 pm
@DemonRHK and @Balki... On page 4 you had a nice exchange about how lurkers suck. Why didn't you get on board with the patented Lynch-A-Lurk program Jamiet and I were running on Bo and Vashta?
I avoided them because they hadn't participated at all. Lurking and haven't never checked were two different things.

Also, to be fair, honest, and biased, both bo and Vash are experienced enough I give them leeway. Especially day 1.
Its not gonna be day 1 anymore.
Its gonna be day 2 bro

brainbomb

#802 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 pm

rdrivera2005
Day-1 45:36
page 3 Brain, you should give a gun out and you should give it to me because I am town.

I am not sure now who I will shoot, half the players didn´t even show, but I will tell you who I will shoot at start of the night (assuming the town people aren´t stupid enough to lynch me).

Right now I want to shoot Tom just because he is kicking my ass on our diplomacy game.
Whatever happened to this?

I dont like broken promises

brainbomb

#803 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:31 pm

Also bo would know after last game that opening his mouth just gets him lynched as scum. He would be tight lipped and pretend to be so sick he cant even properly comprehend the game

brainbomb

#804 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:37 pm

rdrivera2005
Night-1 12:32
page 32 I have done a bit of vote analysis. First thing I agree with bo, it's highly unlikely Jamiet and Fox were both scum coordinating votes, so Fox get high on my town reads.

First vote on Jamiet was from Balki with 05:29 to go. This moment neither Balki or Jamiet are leading wagons.
Second vote was from Brain at 01:14 but he changed to Vash with 0:50.
Second vote on Jamiet from Demon at 00:28. A lot of town points for him, can't see a reason for scum to move a vote from Tom to a fellow scum
Mind explaining this shit?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#805 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:12 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:08 pm
@DemonRHK and @Balki... On page 4 you had a nice exchange about how lurkers suck. Why didn't you get on board with the patented Lynch-A-Lurk program Jamiet and I were running on Bo and Vashta?
I avoided them because they hadn't participated at all. Lurking and haven't never checked were two different things.

Also, to be fair, honest, and biased, both bo and Vash are experienced enough I give them leeway. Especially day 1.
Its not gonna be day 1 anymore.
Its gonna be day 2 bro
He didn't ask about going forward, he asked about Day 1.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#806 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:43 pm

I get a free pass on D1? I'll keep that in mind...

I'm going back through the thread, just skimming to try and catch up. If you want to point me to a specific event to read, let me know. Hopefully I'll have something worth saying by EON.

brainbomb

#807 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Well theyre not in yer POE anyway but I tell you what. If im wrong on you, its probably some combo of rivera-bo-fox-maniac.

Im.open to reconsiderations. Though my uh time among you is coming to an end unfortunately

brainbomb

#808 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Naw bo its fine. We know yer scum, we can just policy lynch you so you can get some rest, have some finger toast and lots of fluids. Gg have fun.

brainbomb

#809 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Who will you shoot

1. DemonRHK - WS MeanLaQueefa (his 3rd scumread)
2. Foxcastle -
3. ND -
4. bozotheclown -
5. Ezio -
6. rdrivera2005 -
7. yavuzovic - WS vash
8. rjmcf -
9. Balki Bartokomous - would give all a facial then shoot dargo
10. Jamiet99uk DEAD
11. reedeer1 - WS Ezio or Rjmcf but not his top scumread rivera
12. brainbomb
13. VashtaNeurotic -
14. Tom Bombadil - WS bozo or Rjmcf
15. Maniac -
16. dargorygel -
17. thamrick WS vash or Rjmcf
18. snowy801 -
19. bo_sox48 -
20. MeanLaQueefa - will shoot bb
21. SuperSteve

Please fill this out
I havent made a final decision. But im not gunning any of these lunatic options. Ill pick a non response I guess

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#810 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:14 pm
Rj is almost for sure scum to me now. He's been coached hard.
Rj is saying Jamie busses new players, Brain says he busses lurkers.

His entire tone has shifted. He's gone from tunneling and short attacking posts to thought out diatribes in the span of 12 hours. I've almost never seen a 180 in posting like this (at least, it is from where I'm sitting) and absolutely screams of a coached view.
You're right Demon, I misread that. I was certain that I've seen a quote that told me that Jamie busses bad scum players, and as I searched for that quote I found that one. I was rushing because I felt pressured. It's difficult because I don't want to seem like I'm lurking, but now I've learnt that I need to take my time when I look for specific quotes, because posting incorrect quotes looks really suspicious.

Also it's difficult to tell whether I'm tunnelling based on one post. And my original diatribe against brainbomb was pretty long and thought out, it was just batshit bananas (apparently). I don't feel like I've changed all that much, I've just tried to improve.
Hey DemonRHK... Take a look at Page 10, where Rjm scumreads Yavuz shortly after Jamiet votes for Yavuz. Then on Page 11, Rjm goes after Brainbomb on MeanLaQueefa shortly after Jamiet lays into Brainbomb on his list with symbols. Also note that Rjm had an outstanding request for an explanation of what the various acronyms and shorthand stood for, that went unanswered for several pages until Jamiet got to it on Page 7.

Do you think Rjm is following his scumleader on Pages 10-11?
On page 10 Yavuz had just been pretty scummy, especially if you don't know their play style. bb had just voted for them too, thamrick on that page agreed,Foxcastle wasn't sure, Demon voted Yavuz. It's not like I'm isolated in my views at that point.

I started my attack on bb on page 10, not page 11. Also, Jamiet didn't exactly lay in to bb, he just asked for clarification. If he had been scumreading bb and I then went after him, I could see your reasoning. This just feels like stretching though.

I can't explain why Jamiet was helpful to me. Maybe helping newbs makes you look more town? Noone else helped me.
thamrick wrote:
brainbomb wrote: Theres definetely scum on balki!!!!!!
I suppose that you could interpret the second post as saying "Balki is scummy" but I interpret it as saying "there are scum voting for Balki."
Yeah, I interpreted it as the first option. I assumed it was a stylised way of saying he was scummy, and I didn't know why scum voting for Balki would be important enough at that very moment to require 6 explanation points. It just felt a little like bb was stirring, getting everyone tense, and I didn't like it. It didn't feel pro-town to me. But then again, I don't know what pro-town looks like.
DemonRHK wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote: If you think Rjmcf is protecting his scumbuddy MeanLaQueef, would you vote for her, not him?
That's a super iffy post, and in retrospect makes Mean look better.
Can you explain to me why that's iffy please? If scum is protecting scum, which scum would you be more likely to vote for?
DemonRHK wrote: p18-p19, the Jamie/Rj tag team is on brain again.
Between page 10 and page 18 all my posts were attacking bb, apart from one asking for a GM and one voting for Ezio because I found them scummy. You are underestimating how tunnelled I was. You can link anyone you like to that tunnel because it spanned almost ten pages.
DemonRHK wrote: p21-p22, Rj insta sus's ND once he starts to scumread Mean. I'll be honest, I know it's wrong, but I was dismissing the Mean/Rj connection as Rj Whiteknighting. but the fact Jamie had her as a townread, after saying people scumreading Rj for protecting her should vote her instead, is odd.
I don't understand your reasoning but it doesn't matter because it's false anyway. I scumread ND after they scumread bb with absolutely no justification, his post about mean came in the minute before mine and I didn't even see it when I posted.

Your case is actually completely unfounded as far as I can see? Are you sure you're not tunnelling and/or conf-biased?

My scumread of Demon comes from his willingness to build narratives about me out of thin air. Everything is either wrong or isn't extraordinary.

My scumreads of Ezio and Vash are loooongstanding.

My scumread of Tom comes from page 5 where he defends Ezio against Demon, and actually votes for Demon with Ezio, before disappearing. But really, since then he's been pretty active and has been asking good questions, so I'm going to revise that read.

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#811 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:00 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Who will you shoot

1. DemonRHK - WS MeanLaQueefa (his 3rd scumread)
2. Foxcastle -
3. ND -
4. bozotheclown -
5. Ezio -
6. rdrivera2005 -
7. yavuzovic - WS vash
8. rjmcf - Demon or Ezio
9. Balki Bartokomous - would give all a facial then shoot dargo
10. Jamiet99uk DEAD
11. reedeer1 - WS Ezio or Rjmcf but not his top scumread rivera
12. brainbomb
13. VashtaNeurotic -
14. Tom Bombadil - WS bozo or Rjmcf
15. Maniac -
16. dargorygel -
17. thamrick WS vash or Rjmcf
18. snowy801 -
19. bo_sox48 -
20. MeanLaQueefa - will shoot bb
21. SuperSteve

Please fill this out

brainbomb

#812 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:04 pm

You think 2 scum bussed DemonRHK and sat on him all day? Not sure thats ever happened? Unless RHK was so blatantly open scummin up the place

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#813 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:05 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:04 pm
You think 2 scum bussed DemonRHK and sat on him all day? Not sure thats ever happened? Unless RHK was so blatantly open scummin up the place
No that's the thing, I made my read of Tom on page 5 and then kind of forgot about him. There are a lot of players to keep track of!

brainbomb

#814 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:07 pm

Things are about to get alot easier. There could be three town deaths in the next two hours. Before anyone fires you must give your target a chance to post reads or claim

brainbomb

#815 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:08 pm

And yes I am aware that three town deaths sucks but it also erases alot of ppl who are potentially a doubt in someones mind.

ND

#816 Post by ND » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:10 pm

@Brain: Was Snowy the decisive vote? That, I guess, may change things..

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#817 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:13 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:10 pm
@Brain: Was Snowy the decisive vote? That, I guess, may change things..
Has snowy been voted on?

Rjmcf
Code Contributor
Code Contributor

#818 Post by Rjmcf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 pm

Oh you're talking about page 39 I guess. I was super confused there.

ND

#819 Post by ND » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 pm

I was like the only person who voted for Snowy D1. Anyway, @Brain: I don't really have a good lead on who I would shoot. I haven't had time to look at D1 critically due to IRL issues and I am playing catch up.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#820 Post by Maniac » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:41 pm

I voted Jamiet before it was cool. I stayed on Jamiet until there were 5 minutes left in the phase, and the vote looked like this:

ND (5): snowy801, bozotheclown, Rjmcf, Foxcastle, thamrick
Balki Bartokomous (4): MeanLaQueefa, yavuzovic, Maniac, VashtaNeurotic
Jamiet99uk (4): Balki Bartokomous, DemonRHK, brainbomb, ND

My vote made it ND (6), Balki (4).

Wouldn't you do the same?
This is interesting. On the one hand if Balki and Jamie are scumbuddies then Balki knows that Jamie who was voting Vash at the time would vote ND at some point (assuming for now ND is town). So in Balki's eyes, five minutes to go and scum Balki and scum Jamie are 2 behind ND.

But on the other hand does Balki think that's enough of a gap? In effect Balki has made himself and Jamie an awful lot safer.

When we look at Balki's comments in the last few minutes we see that he highly suspects Jamie and has no real thoughts about ND. He asks for cliff notes on ND, receives none but then immediately votes for him anyway.

Jamie's vote for Balki could be viewed either way. If Balki is Scum Jamie looks good. If Balki is town then Jamie was just trying to save himself.

My think, on balance Balki is town based on EOD.

Sorry I haven't been able to contribute more today.

I still think snowy needs to die tomorrow. If we can shoot him that'll be good, if not lynch him.

I'll try to be on EOD, but 11pm is bad time for me.