MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1801 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:34 pm

I also still like the lfischl wagon and think it far more likely than not that he is coasting scum

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1802 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:35 pm

Probably best for now to consolidate on bozo than push lfischl to a big lead so ##VOTE bozo

damo666

#1803 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:42 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:35 pm
Probably best for now to consolidate on bozo than push lfischl to a big lead so ##VOTE bozo
good

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1804 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:56 pm

I'm just doing a littel re-read here.

This post from our man Bo really stands out to me:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:03 am
lfischl wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:40 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:03 am
##VOTE lfischl

Would like to see the quiet folks speak their minds given that there is actually something of note to talk about today.
Sorry was very busy today, for the balki claim I said something earlier, I don’t like it, but I do think he is probably town. Seems very defensive though, I don’t understand why he won’t talk about claiming it at all
Is it a coincidence that your posts this game so far are:

- replying to Balki
- calling Balki defensive
- reiterating to me that Balki is defensive

I would like to know more, perhaps including but not limited to your preferred steak temperature.
This doesn't look sincere to me from Bo. Lfischl had made only 2-3 posts. Hardly any substance. And Bo's bullet points look more like pretend analysis than real analysis. It just looks like he's picking at something without really caring about it, which is the kind of thing I would expect from Scum!Bo.

Gun to head, I'd say this looks like distancing between scum partners. But I am coming around to the idea that Bo looks like scum independent of Lfischl's alignment.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1805 Post by Chaqa » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:57 pm

RDR said he was VT, we should trust him

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1806 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:57 pm

Little less talk and more money where mouth is, Balki. Don’t wait for someone else to do it on your behalf; take the plunge

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1807 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:14 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:51 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:39 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:51 pm

I smell a bluff here. Why use the unnecessary 'will'? Anybody else get that vibe?
It is possible, at some point rdrivera will draw mafia, and I am curious to see what he does.

Here was rdrivera's first post in M1023:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:50 am
Hello fellow Sheeps, forgot this game was starting yesterday so missed first night fun. At least it's just 9 pages to read.

To avoid any shenanigans I will say I am a 100% confirmed vanilla Sheep 🐑
and will sheep anyone I think is the Sheppard.
Although the "unnecessary will" is apparently not alignment indicative, I do find the similarity of the posts suspicious, especially the part about forgetting the game had started.
I think it is almost certain Bozo and rdr are not both scum.
This is noteworthy.

I'm not yet sure what I take away from it. But it's pretty noteworthy. The whole thing.

I think I agree with Damo that rdrivera and Bozo are not paired. And I think it's a thoughtful and useful point from Damo. Lots to unpack here.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1808 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:19 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:03 pm
Strongly townreading Hammy snail.
I like this from Damo on page 14. He said it at a time when it wasn't thread consensus. I like the strength of the take. Damo made some good, strong points day 1. Combined with going out on a limb to push the mass claim, Damo is trending towny to me.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1809 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:23 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:12 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:51 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:41 pm
Greetings fellow townies and some evil outlaws. Just forgot this game was starting on Sunday. At least there are only 4 pages to read.

And I will claim 100% confirmed vanilla town at first post just to avoid any shenanigans over this.
I smell a bluff here. Why use the unnecessary 'will'? Anybody else get that vibe?
Yeah kinda
I think this is fairly unpairing regarding rdrivera and Bo. In other words, I don't think that Scum!Bo piles on to a take on his teammate like this. It's just unnecessary, and builds up a push on a teammate out of something pretty small that could have fizzled pretty fast without Bo stoking the flame.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1810 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:34 pm

Day 1 Vote Count With 3 Hours to Go
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:00 pm
VOTE COUNT 1.5:

BunnyGo(2) - Balki Bartokomous, pyxxy
Lfischl(2) - bo_sox48, Hamilton Brian
pyxxy(2) - BunnyGo, bozotheclown
ghug(2) - worcej, Chaqa
bozotheclown(1) - KoalaAttack
Hamilton Brian(1) - yavuzovic
Rdrivera2005(1) - damo666
Worcej(1)- Ghug

Nobody ain't set to be done for, no sir.

3 hours remain

Rdrivera and Lfischl better vote, dagnamit.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1811 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:43 pm

Day 1 Vote Count With 45 Minutes to Go
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:16 pm
VOTE COUNT 1.6:

pyxxy(3) - BunnyGo, bozotheclown, Hamilton Brian
BunnyGo(2) - Balki Bartokomous, pyxxy
Worcej(2)- Ghug, Chaqa
Damo666(2) - Rdrivera, yavuzovic
Lfischl(1) - bo_sox48
bozotheclown(1) - KoalaAttack
Rdrivera2005(1) - damo666
ghug(1) - worcej

Now Pyxxy is winning the contest nobody wants to win.

45 minutes are left.

Lfischl must vote.
Definitely looks like a comfortable time for scum here no matter what the team is.

worcej

#1812 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:44 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:19 am
Stomach flu is fun.

Have we massclaimed yet
Sorry to hear this - I concur that shit is the worst.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1813 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:45 pm

lfischl wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:23 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:17 pm
I will stay on damo666 for now. D1 doesn't provide a strong scumlean on anyone, but damo strikes more than others. I would also be okay with voting HB but that's entirely based on gut feelings.
I would prefer not damo, but I would do it if that became a leading wagon, for pyxxy I feel like if I vote there scum will jump on it if they aren't there already, so I'm going to ##vote worcej for now
@lfischl, I'd like you to explain this post more if you can. This was with about 40 minutes left go in the Day 1 phase. Why did you say that you feel like if you vote pyxxy, scum will jump on that wagon? What was your view about pyxxy's alignment at that time? What was your view of worcej and why?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1814 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:48 pm

lfischl wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:49 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:40 pm
Who wants to flash wagon Bo for fun
I don't think bo is scum here
Ahhhhh...this feels kinda unpairing from Lfischl and Bo....

This is near the wire on Day 1. It feels a little too strong for someone to say about a scum partner late in the Day 1 phase. I feel like a scum!lfischl would be hesitant to defend a teammate like that right in this moment.

worcej

#1815 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:50 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:05 pm
But I think you're wrong about bo's voting reasoning.

Probably will vote in the following pool today:

fish, chaqa, rdr

Snow day is official, so kids get a surprise 4 day weekend. Which is great for them.
I like your pool of votes and have (obviously) been at least hovering around chaqa.

rdr is the one that gives me the most concern because of the comment I read at some point of him just hovering around - it smacked me of the old scum~rdr period where he rolled scum several times in a short period.

BunnyGo

#1816 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:51 pm

Heads up: I'll not be making EOD, and will be around limited before that; the storm was bigger than expected.

I think I'm leaving my vote on fish.

I'll do a search for @Bun* whenever I come back, so tag me for anything you want to make sure I see.

BunnyGo

#1817 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:51 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:50 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:05 pm
But I think you're wrong about bo's voting reasoning.

Probably will vote in the following pool today:

fish, chaqa, rdr

Snow day is official, so kids get a surprise 4 day weekend. Which is great for them.
I like your pool of votes and have (obviously) been at least hovering around chaqa.

rdr is the one that gives me the most concern because of the comment I read at some point of him just hovering around - it smacked me of the old scum~rdr period where he rolled scum several times in a short period.
yup...

worcej

#1818 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:53 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:07 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:15 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:04 am

I think ghug stated good reasons for suspecting bo_sox and did not say anything that would provoke this kind of reaction, and this reminds me of something ghug did to PE once when ghug was mafia and PE made a good case against him. I also remember seeing this kind of thing from bo_sox as mafia before, directed toward me.

I also don't think it is a coincidence that ghug is no longer here to argue his case on bo_sox.

##VOTE bo_sox
Whoever killed ghug did me a favor, and they deserve an easy miskill for doing that good deed. It’s a smart plan, so if it’s yours well done. It’s against the spirit of the game, but this site is full of rule-bending, manipulative psychopaths - myself among them - and I wouldn’t expect that to matter to anyone.

I wonder what it will take for some of you to realize that ghug fills some empty void in his life with unbridled hatred toward me. He doesn’t speak of or to me without slipping in some sort of degradation. It’s not as if all of you love me to death and he’s on some sort of island, obviously; I’m not blind. But ghug goes above and beyond to make sure that I not only receive his harassment but can’t actually be on parts of this site that I’ve been running for many years now without either putting up with it or confronting it. Against my better judgment I’ve always chosen the former and gone to great lengths to try and make us work (among other things, him briefly being an admin was my idea) because the two of us could actually accomplish a lot of cool shit given the chance, but it just hasn’t worked. So here I am, doing the other thing!

I hope he gets the help he needs to overcome whatever issues he has faced in life that he thinks he is better off taking out on me than handling like an adult would. Until he does I’ll be blocking him so that his antics don’t get in the way of a good game anymore, and if the council has any issue with me not seeing his posts unless I make an effort to do so I suggest they speak with him about reconciling the matter because I’m pretty fuckin over it.

To you, bozo, on the off chance you don’t already know I’m town I hope you realize when I flip town that every word of that post - and this one! - is real and that your judgment that ghug did not do anything to “provoke” me ignores years, hell, nearly a full decade now, of beratement that I’ve taken without a fuss and ignores that I, like so many others, have feelings and emotions that don’t get contained in a vacuum for the sake of a game on the internet.
I was talking about this game, I am not aware of the history of your interaction with ghug outside of the mafia games I have been involved in.

Here is an example post from the game I reference earlier:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm
The evidence suggests that tracker was one of the fake roles, so it appears the remaining scum are worcej, Jamie, and Espresso, as hard as it is to believe bo_sox is town.
This is where I stopped reading, because I don’t give a rat’s ass what your opinion is so long as you are constantly badgering and antagonizing me. You have played terribly to this point. You have proposed stupid idea after stupid idea to go along with stupid question after stupid question. I spent days ignoring the stupidity because I townread you, and I didn’t go out of my way as town to mess with a relationship, neutral or otherwise, that may grow into something of an alliance later. I see no reason why you as town would be so madly focused on me even when you are apparently certain, beyond all your intuition, that I’m town. It makes no sense to me why you keep on doing this unless my townread is wrong and you’re just leaving the door open to flip right back to me. Currently, I think you’re just an annoying jackass, but you’re clawing that door open with all you’ve got.

Do you even care that I’m town? Do you care that I could continue letting your spite cloud - no, destroy - my reasoning when it comes to you and the cases you propose?

You are playing one of the worst somehow likely town games I have ever witnessed, but unlike you, I’m only telling you that because you’re antagonizing me. I’ll go back to keeping my fucking mouth shut once you do.
This post is after the game had ended:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:19 pm
By the way bozo, all that stuff I said to you before was 100% theater, no hard feelings I hope. I needed to compensate for a lack of reading with an overload of apparent emotion. Some of those questions were funny though.
This is also why the long wall post of emotion from bo doesn't move me because I recalled this move in the past too

BunnyGo

#1819 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:54 pm

When did Balki decide to show up and play? :?

worcej

#1820 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:54 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:51 pm
Heads up: I'll not be making EOD, and will be around limited before that; the storm was bigger than expected.

I think I'm leaving my vote on fish.

I'll do a search for @Bun* whenever I come back, so tag me for anything you want to make sure I see.
@Bunny - not 100% caught up, but to be fast: fisch over rdr for sure?