MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#1781 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:12 pm

@damo what was with all the typos last game? When you couldn't spell ##vote heart or agree or other things? Were you playing on a different device?

BunnyGo

#1782 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:12 pm

whoops! ##vote lfischl

bozotheclown

#1783 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:50 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:03 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:50 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:28 am

Apparently D1 votes are meaningful now lol. Scum is gonna sit out a TvT D1, not drive it. Town is gonna put their own ass in the fire in order to keep things moving and not let them stagnate into an information-less abyss, which is exactly what was happening when I built an impromptu case on pyxxy.

I hammered on worcej because that was the plan and I agreed with it. What’s it matter if I scumread worcej? For the record, I felt he was “off” ans a reasonable target for the gambler as well as a reasonable kill that would give us a lot more to talk about from D1, especially if he flipped mafia. Going along with that plan didn’t bother me at all, and doing it quickly made a lot more sense than wasting 72 hours ho humming our energy away.

Where do you come up with this idea that I stay within this chalk outline of contrarianism as town and never agree with anyone or do anything that someone else proposes? I don’t listen to you very often because your ideas typically suck, but if you ever come up with a good one I’ll be on board.
The idea that scum will "sit out" a T vs. T D1 vote is not universally true, as proven by the last game where damo and lfischl both voted to break a T vs. T tie D1. Ending the day off the wagons or voting without a reason are the things that look more suspicious, so I expect you would avoid those things as mafia.

My opinion is formed by past experience, where I think the ideas that you typically don't like are on average better ideas than giving up a meaningful D2 in order to get a gambler that might not exist a random item. I did not expect anyone, including Balki, to follow through on trying to enforce the vote.
My and lfischl votes last game were last minute. Bo's was 20 minutes out. Why do you keep ignoring this important difference?
I am not ignoring it, I specifically addressed it with you previously. However, bo_sox said "Scum is gonna sit out a TvT D1, not drive it.", not scum is going to wait until the last minute to vote.

You seem to be arguing that what you and lfischl did in M1023 was more suspicious than bo_sox's D1 vote. If you believe that, why do you not think bo_sox would do the less suspicious thing as mafia? Do you think a scum is incapable of returning to the game 20 minutes before EOD, seeing 2 town wagons tied at 3, voting for one, and pushing it? Not only does it look like town activity, it also reduces the chances of a wagon developing on a scum teammate in the last 20 minutes.

bozotheclown

#1784 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:07 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:15 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:04 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:10 pm

If you were less of an uncompromising asshole toward me in everything you do maybe I’d actually be up to playing the game with you instead of doing all I can to ignore your existence for my own sanity’s sake. But rather than looking in the mirror and and acknowleding that maybe, just maybe, you’re the one who chooses to make other people feel the way that they do about you, you continue to be the way that you are. I sincerely wish nothing but the best for you, but toward me you are an unabated piece of shit and it blows my mind that you haven’t considered that I actually go far out of my way to avoid any interaction with you.

See yall tomorrow.
I think ghug stated good reasons for suspecting bo_sox and did not say anything that would provoke this kind of reaction, and this reminds me of something ghug did to PE once when ghug was mafia and PE made a good case against him. I also remember seeing this kind of thing from bo_sox as mafia before, directed toward me.

I also don't think it is a coincidence that ghug is no longer here to argue his case on bo_sox.

##VOTE bo_sox
Whoever killed ghug did me a favor, and they deserve an easy miskill for doing that good deed. It’s a smart plan, so if it’s yours well done. It’s against the spirit of the game, but this site is full of rule-bending, manipulative psychopaths - myself among them - and I wouldn’t expect that to matter to anyone.

I wonder what it will take for some of you to realize that ghug fills some empty void in his life with unbridled hatred toward me. He doesn’t speak of or to me without slipping in some sort of degradation. It’s not as if all of you love me to death and he’s on some sort of island, obviously; I’m not blind. But ghug goes above and beyond to make sure that I not only receive his harassment but can’t actually be on parts of this site that I’ve been running for many years now without either putting up with it or confronting it. Against my better judgment I’ve always chosen the former and gone to great lengths to try and make us work (among other things, him briefly being an admin was my idea) because the two of us could actually accomplish a lot of cool shit given the chance, but it just hasn’t worked. So here I am, doing the other thing!

I hope he gets the help he needs to overcome whatever issues he has faced in life that he thinks he is better off taking out on me than handling like an adult would. Until he does I’ll be blocking him so that his antics don’t get in the way of a good game anymore, and if the council has any issue with me not seeing his posts unless I make an effort to do so I suggest they speak with him about reconciling the matter because I’m pretty fuckin over it.

To you, bozo, on the off chance you don’t already know I’m town I hope you realize when I flip town that every word of that post - and this one! - is real and that your judgment that ghug did not do anything to “provoke” me ignores years, hell, nearly a full decade now, of beratement that I’ve taken without a fuss and ignores that I, like so many others, have feelings and emotions that don’t get contained in a vacuum for the sake of a game on the internet.
I was talking about this game, I am not aware of the history of your interaction with ghug outside of the mafia games I have been involved in.

Here is an example post from the game I reference earlier:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm
The evidence suggests that tracker was one of the fake roles, so it appears the remaining scum are worcej, Jamie, and Espresso, as hard as it is to believe bo_sox is town.
This is where I stopped reading, because I don’t give a rat’s ass what your opinion is so long as you are constantly badgering and antagonizing me. You have played terribly to this point. You have proposed stupid idea after stupid idea to go along with stupid question after stupid question. I spent days ignoring the stupidity because I townread you, and I didn’t go out of my way as town to mess with a relationship, neutral or otherwise, that may grow into something of an alliance later. I see no reason why you as town would be so madly focused on me even when you are apparently certain, beyond all your intuition, that I’m town. It makes no sense to me why you keep on doing this unless my townread is wrong and you’re just leaving the door open to flip right back to me. Currently, I think you’re just an annoying jackass, but you’re clawing that door open with all you’ve got.

Do you even care that I’m town? Do you care that I could continue letting your spite cloud - no, destroy - my reasoning when it comes to you and the cases you propose?

You are playing one of the worst somehow likely town games I have ever witnessed, but unlike you, I’m only telling you that because you’re antagonizing me. I’ll go back to keeping my fucking mouth shut once you do.
This post is after the game had ended:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:19 pm
By the way bozo, all that stuff I said to you before was 100% theater, no hard feelings I hope. I needed to compensate for a lack of reading with an overload of apparent emotion. Some of those questions were funny though.

damo666

#1785 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:15 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:12 pm
@damo what was with all the typos last game? When you couldn't spell ##vote heart or agree or other things? Were you playing on a different device?
Probably on mobile phone or 'tired and emotional'.

damo666

#1786 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:26 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:12 pm
You rereading my scumgame to compare to this game? Findings?

damo666

#1787 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:28 pm

@Bunny and @Koala you see Chaqa is with you on lfischl. If lfischl flips town can we please flip Chaqa next?

BunnyGo

#1788 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:04 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:28 pm
@Bunny and @Koala you see Chaqa is with you on lfischl. If lfischl flips town can we please flip Chaqa next?
You and chaqa do love a bus.

When scum, especially if you think you’re losing, you write short sentences, you get snarkier, you try less hard.

You also once carried our scum team to victory when Jamie and I were caught early. So I know you CAN do well. But you do worse when you’re resigned. You once surrender a game when I begged you to play it out.

I don’t think scum!Damo is happy here. So I’m expecting him to play like last game.

bozotheclown

#1789 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:23 pm

Here is my list from town to scum:

Balki: I know from experience that Balki is capable of maintaining a high post count and driving the discussion as mafia, but I do not see any reason to suspect him this game. The CWV claim and retraction seemed town motivated. Although there are reasons why a mafia might fake claim CWV (avoid tracker visit, reveal real CWV), I don't think those are good enough reasons for Balki to make the claim as mafia.

Chaqa: I did not like the watcher claim, because it risked revealing town's best role, but I don't think Chaqa would risk making that claim as mafia. Also, Chaqa's questioning of worcej's claim seemed town motivated.

lfischl: lfischl has sustained low activity, and at one point said he would be more active, but hasn't been. He cited out of game reasons for his low activity, but of course mafia can have out of game reasons for low activity as well as town.

damo: Although damo's activity generally seems town motivated, I think damo typically does well doing that as mafia. However, damo has been most active around mechanical things like the mass claim, which is something I think he does as mafia to stay active and simulate town activity. Things like voting for players today who had not claimed yet seemed unnecessary, but allowed him to stay active.

rdrivera: rdrivera has not been pushing scum reads, and he has been inactive today. I suspect rdrivera has lost motivation to put in effort as mafia because of what bo_sox has done.

bo_sox: I have previous given the reasons why I think bo_sox is mafia. As for what he has done lately, I see more scum motivation than town motivation.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1790 Post by dargorygel » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:01 pm

The Uffishal Vote Count 3.3
Ifischl (3) Chaqalaqa, Koala-not-bear-Attack, RabbitWent
bo_sox48 (2) worst-J, bozo-the-scary-clown
rdrivera2005 (1) Balki-the-Muscled
Balki Bartokomous (1) baseball bo

Not Voted, but better get a move on: Ifischl, rdrivera

As the sun moves toward a beautiful rosy sunset, Ifischl is looking at death.

All have posted

Round abouts 8 hours left till sunset.

damo666

#1791 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:24 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:01 pm
The Uffishal Vote Count 3.3
Ifischl (3) Chaqalaqa, Koala-not-bear-Attack, RabbitWent
bo_sox48 (2) worst-J, bozo-the-scary-clown
rdrivera2005 (1) Balki-the-Muscled
Balki Bartokomous (1) baseball bo

Not Voted, but better get a move on: Ifischl, rdrivera

As the sun moves toward a beautiful rosy sunset, Ifischl is looking at death.

All have posted

Round abouts 8 hours left till sunset.
Oi!

Jamiet99uk

#1792 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:28 pm

Please excuse my co-GM's terrible lapse.

Let the record show that Damo the six hundred sixty-sixth is voting for Bozotheclown.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#1793 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:29 pm

The whole thing be like this:

lfischl (3) - Chaqa, KoalaAttack, BunnyGo
bo_sox48 (2) - worcej, bozotheclown
bozotheclown (1) - damo666
rdrivera2005 (1) - Balki Bartokomous
Balki Bartokomous (1) - bo_sox48

7.5 hours remain.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

damo666

#1794 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:28 pm
Please excuse my co-GM's terrible lapse.

Let the record show that Damo the six hundred sixty-sixth is voting for Bozotheclown.
Thank you

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1795 Post by dargorygel » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:41 pm

My new name is dargolapse. If i win a Christmas competition. I will change my name.

damo666

#1796 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:44 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:41 pm
My new name is dargolapse. If i win a Christmas competition. I will change my name.
Why wasn't there one this year?

damo666

#1797 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:09 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:23 pm
Here is my list from town to scum:

Balki: I know from experience that Balki is capable of maintaining a high post count and driving the discussion as mafia, but I do not see any reason to suspect him this game. The CWV claim and retraction seemed town motivated. Although there are reasons why a mafia might fake claim CWV (avoid tracker visit, reveal real CWV), I don't think those are good enough reasons for Balki to make the claim as mafia.

Chaqa: I did not like the watcher claim, because it risked revealing town's best role, but I don't think Chaqa would risk making that claim as mafia. Also, Chaqa's questioning of worcej's claim seemed town motivated.

lfischl: lfischl has sustained low activity, and at one point said he would be more active, but hasn't been. He cited out of game reasons for his low activity, but of course mafia can have out of game reasons for low activity as well as town.

damo: Although damo's activity generally seems town motivated, I think damo typically does well doing that as mafia. However, damo has been most active around mechanical things like the mass claim, which is something I think he does as mafia to stay active and simulate town activity. Things like voting for players today who had not claimed yet seemed unnecessary, but allowed him to stay active.

rdrivera: rdrivera has not been pushing scum reads, and he has been inactive today. I suspect rdrivera has lost motivation to put in effort as mafia because of what bo_sox has done.

bo_sox: I have previous given the reasons why I think bo_sox is mafia. As for what he has done lately, I see more scum motivation than town motivation.
Assuming my bo assumption correct then if Bozo is scum I think rdr has to be a teammate. I don't think Bozo would put both his teammates in top 3 townreads.

I think the team is Bozo Chaqa rdr.

I think the best strategy is to kill Bozo today and if he flips scum kill rdr tomorrow and if Bozo flips town kill Chaqa tomorrow.

If lfischl remains the top wagon I think we have to kill Chaqa tomorrow regardless of lfischl's alignment and take the low risk should lfischl flip town that the scumteam are Balki Bozo rdr.

damo666

#1798 Post by damo666 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:12 pm

Monday evening is pub poker evening so doubt I'll be back before EOD.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1799 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:24 pm

I could be convinced on bozo, but I won’t have time or energy to reread today. 🤮

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1800 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:28 pm

I still think Damo is scum and him tryng to set me for a future miskill now that Balki already voted me fits his scum play quite well.

I also think lfischl might because scum ttryng to coast after last game where he was active as scum.

Right now ##vote Damo, but I am willing to vote lfischl if Damo's wagon doesn't get traction.