M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2641 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:06 pm

Vote Table

Player Day 1 Day 2 Day 3

Sabi Town Town Scum
Bona Town Town Scum
Bo Town No Vote Scum
Ike No vote* Town No Vote**
Damo Bona rdr Scum
Pyxxy Town Bo No Vote**
rdr Bona Town No Vote**
Wolfu rdr Town Sabi

* Crimson Fox
** Hammered

Don't what this shows.

wolfu

#2642 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:18 pm

if they thought him a liability i'm not sure they go all in on the aggressive fakeclaiming strategy is what i'm saying

idk, it's a problem slot to deal with regardless of alignment right now

i'm just not sure the answer is easy right now

damo666

#2643 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:49 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:18 pm
if they thought him a liability i'm not sure they go all in on the aggressive fakeclaiming strategy is what i'm saying

Well it looks like Bona and I are gonna vote for each other and Sabi obviously isn't gonna move hopefully rdr won't.

So it's up to you, pyxxy, Bo and Ike.

wolfu

#2644 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:57 pm

well i've shifted to vastly preferring voting bona to voting you if that wasn't clear

will wait until one of them shows up

wolfu

#2645 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:58 pm

one of them being one of the other people who are undecided

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2646 Post by pyxxy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:44 pm

well that was awkward to read

sorry bo

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2647 Post by pyxxy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:55 pm

bo and the rest of y'all made some good points

If bo's being honest about asking to be subbed out, I think that basically eliminates Ike as a reasonable DK, because he would have gotten subbed out before bo.

He also made good points about who could feasibly be the lurker.

So right now I would put 1 scum lurking inside {Ike, rdr, bo}, but I'm feeling like Ike is truly afk town and bo just did some solid analysis so that kinda just leaves rdr on my radar. That's all I'll write about the lurker though.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2648 Post by pyxxy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:56 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:42 am
All remaining town should consider which two players they would vote for next if today is a miskill. This particularly applies to those voting me.

If Bona flips town (unlikely imo) I think my next vote would be Wolfu or Ike.
Maybe I missed this. Who would you vote for if Bona flips scum?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2649 Post by pyxxy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:08 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:56 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:42 am
All remaining town should consider which two players they would vote for next if today is a miskill. This particularly applies to those voting me.

If Bona flips town (unlikely imo) I think my next vote would be Wolfu or Ike.
Maybe I missed this. Who would you vote for if Bona flips scum?
Actually maybe this is just a good question for everyone to answer.

If Bona flips town, your next vote(s) would be:
If Bona flips scum, your next vote(s) would be:

For me, if Bona is town, then I would feel like I've been played by damo, and would vote damo.

If Bona is scum, then I would feel like I've been played by Bona, and would kick his corpse >:( but I wouldn't have a great next vote. I would want to see the NK first (if I'm not it).

Maybe I would have to reconsider Sabi at that point because of them insta-voting damo at the SOD. Respect to Bona for at least holding his vote a little, although maybe it's just OMGUS between the two of them.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2650 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:18 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:51 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:40 am
Kinda matches the D3 wolfu of completely excusing themselves from doing anything important by proudly declaring that they would tunnel Besharam, and following through with gusto
but that kind of got interrupted by demon fakeclaiming anyway so i'm not sure i see your point
It got interrupted as in you didn't get Besharam flipped yeah, but your vote stayed and you weren't online during that sequence. Did you have other things you intended to do later in the day?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2651 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:19 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:35 pm
it's also a bit weird that bona concluded demon looks bad and bozo looks a bit better on n2 but then fencesat on the guilty claim on day 3 the way he did
agree

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2652 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:22 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:18 pm

The aggressive fake claiming tells me there's an aggressive schemer on the scumteam that is willing to make bold plans and brashly execute them without considering how it could go wrong. Bona fits that bill. So do I lol

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2653 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:25 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:55 pm

If bo's being honest about asking to be subbed out, I think that basically eliminates Ike as a reasonable DK, because he would have gotten subbed out before bo.

So right now I would put 1 scum lurking inside {Ike, rdr, bo}, but I'm feeling like Ike is truly afk town and bo just did some solid analysis so that kinda just leaves rdr on my radar. That's all I'll write about the lurker though.
I didn't push hard to be subbed out and when Chaqa gave me a death stare matched only by my momma I just let it go. For whatever that's worth

I don't think we can reasonably read anything into Ike other than that he is absent. But his night 2 interactions with RHK caught my eye in the brief amount of time I spent rereading him. It was odd. Reread it and tell me what you think? Here's the bot but context obviously makes things better so it's pages 99 and 100. http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... gingIke297

wolfu

#2654 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:27 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:18 pm
wolfu wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:40 am
Kinda matches the D3 wolfu of completely excusing themselves from doing anything important by proudly declaring that they would tunnel Besharam, and following through with gusto
but that kind of got interrupted by demon fakeclaiming anyway so i'm not sure i see your point
It got interrupted as in you didn't get Besharam flipped yeah, but your vote stayed and you weren't online during that sequence. Did you have other things you intended to do later in the day?
i mean i was going to assess the claim from demon except rumi got herself modkilled and then i went afk to work and when i came back the day had been hammered

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2655 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:27 pm

I probably lean toward rdr next regardless of Bona's flip. If damo is the kill today then I'm less sure where to go next. I don't want to just ax lurkers until game end at this point, and I really really do not think RHK and Rumi were the mafia's most active players.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2656 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:28 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:27 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:18 pm
wolfu wrote:

i mean i was going to assess the claim from demon except rumi got herself modkilled and then i went afk to work and when i came back the day had been hammered
My real question is what did you intend to do to get Besharam flipped if all the stupidity that happened didn't happen

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2657 Post by pyxxy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:29 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:25 pm
pyxxy wrote:

I didn't push hard to be subbed out and when Chaqa gave me a death stare matched only by my momma I just let it go. For whatever that's worth

I don't think we can reasonably read anything into Ike other than that he is absent. But his night 2 interactions with RHK caught my eye in the brief amount of time I spent rereading him. It was odd. Reread it and tell me what you think? Here's the bot but context obviously makes things better so it's pages 99 and 100. http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... gingIke297
Funnily enough I'm in the middle of re-reading Bona's D1 to N2 and making a useless wallpost for no one to actually read so I'll look at this.

Bonatogether

#2658 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:32 pm

damo VCA:

d1: voted me for the entire day because i didn't answer bozo's survey

d2: votes ike as a placeholder (??? - crimsonwhatever never posted, ike had made six posts and wasn't obviously scum), has a readslist early d2 where he says the only person he scumreads in any capacity ("As rdr is my only read on the scumside of NULL"), he votes rdr and never moves. he also nullreads every single non-participant of the survey despite saying that was his POE just over a day before.

d3: opens with a bozo vote after demon's claim, which he doesn't question whatsoever, despite nullreading both bozo and demon as of his last readslist. becomes 'confused', unvotes, before switching to rumi after rumi's claim and departure, which is like, the definition of a meaningless vote, so idk what he was thinking. then he does a 180 and says he thinks bozo is town and demon is scum. what a funny man

today is d4

this guy just doesn't have good reasons, or consistent reasons, for basically any vote he makes this game. i dont understand what the fuck he's doing but in any case, specifically wrt the d3 stuff, i have no idea why he immediately holds demon up as basically confirmed town and then turns around to vote with bozo.

i can't think of any reason why town would do this kind of stuff. i really have no idea why people got off the 'damo is scum' train recently

wolfu

#2659 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:36 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:25 pm
pyxxy wrote:

i don't think it's that odd? i can *easily* see it coming from a town perspective, in him trying to calm down RHK who was (apparently) having a fit in-thread. in some ways it feels a bit similar to me trying to be a guidance counselor to neon/rumi, and i know i'm town.

of course, i wouldn't say it's impossible to be distancing because the way demon played has really fucked with my head. but i don't think those interactions, in and of themselves, are particularly damning? if anything my gut says they're unpartnered but it's hard to trust my gut right now

Bonatogether

#2660 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:36 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:35 pm
it's also a bit weird that bona concluded demon looks bad and bozo looks a bit better on n2 but then fencesat on the guilty claim on day 3 the way he did
pardon me for having basic caution about claims - i thought he was scummy, but since he claimed without counterclaim (at the time), i'm not going to drop a vote there, even if i personally disbelieve it, because that would be frankly a dumbass move

i waited for the cc because then i can be more confident i wasn't making a bonehead move