M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Princess Neon

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1601 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:06 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:28 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:25 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:18 am
This is just D2 and town apathy is terrible. Wowee
Don't start saying wowee at the end of every part like Santy...I hate it lol
I have started saying skill issue because of him now. Send help
Nooooooooo

Princess Neon

#1602 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:08 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:35 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:28 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:56 am
I don't know what I'm doing this game.

I do appreciate people giving me their reads list

I'm just trying to make sense of stuff.

Can people ask me game related questions so I cna try to get out of this mental blockage
I can try

What do you make of Darg? I don't like this day at all.
part of me feels like he isn't what he claims and that no one is ccing due to not outting and that said role is probably someone like ike or hr or bo who wasn't around for the claim

Do you think I'm tunneling Tom for the wrong reasons?
no I don't think so. I'm not a fan of his reaction to pressure. It's been like 9 months since I played eight Tom and I don't remember him being this ate prone

What do you make of EoD 1 and who do you think looks best and worst for it?
eod1 was a shit fest. I have zero idea what the fuck happened when I left but the scrambling.... Was something that felt like mafia controlled?

How many woofs were on da wagon?
I couldn't tell you. Worst part of not being there for eod it's hard to get the vibes when you are back reading it

How closely should we follow Brainbombs PoE?
just keep it in your mind. Have to see if n2 kill is similar or off base

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
maam

Why do we even play this game?
I honestly don't know. Once this game is over I'm going on a month break because I'm burnt out lol
Every time I say I'm going on break I don't lol

Princess Neon

#1603 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:09 am

Thank you for the answers honestly they make me feel better. If this is a pockety Congrats on your revenge lol.

Gonna go back to choking to death at work now...yayyyyy

bozotheclown

#1604 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:40 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:10 pm
little known fact - wolfu is the sixth highest poster this game

most of the day 1 posts are frankly boring and uninteresting. talks a fair amount about sabi (much more words about them than any other player)
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:40 pm
dunno, weird fixation on (often trivial) mechanics in more casual game environments tends toward town more often than not in my experience

kind of felt like - mechanically minded players will try to latch onto basically anything concrete, even if trivial/not very important, b/c its their entry point into the game, not as used to making social reads

(definitely feels like a setup where more fun to be scum than town)

wouldn't necessarily hang my hat on that read but seemed okay to me
hedging reads, and it's also weird because he's clearly looking to be part of the conversation without actually addressing a person. he mentions no players by name but i think this post is about bozo? trying to justify a townread on bozo with suspect reasoning is like, offbeat. he later claims that this was a 'belief, but not a strongly held belief,' which to me is like ??? What does it mean to believe something only somewhat? You can't reason this shit through with something prior half-baked
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:02 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:45 pm
I recently refused to kill a friend of mine Minish while she was focusing on mech without much solve, talked town out of it 3 days in a row game set up with a lot of mech to look into. She end gamed as woof. Convinced me it was helpful for town... it was not.
okay i'm just speaking in generalized archetypes

i get where you're coming from though, have subscribed to that view myself in the past, still getting a view of things myself so no conclusive reads but wanted to offer a counterpoint
apparently didn't have a read but wanted to make a counterpoint - i feel like this is at least somewhat bullshit. 1) in the original post, he didn't actually address any specific person (as mentioned), and 2) basically ignores the actual point of neon's post (mechs posts are not actually that helpful and are easy for scum to hide behind, etc)

i called this shit out at the time and he responded with 'lol ok'
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:14 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:11 pm
Damo is more just, if I find him totally annoying and I wanna kill him or strangle him hes town. Usually he does something that is ridiculously irritating when he is town and this feels like that. I dont know his scumgame as well but I think its not that powerful. he gets caught as a wolf alot. not to say he is bad, but his tricks are well documented and known by this community.
Lol i can already see what you mean
i also argued this post with wolfu (which sabi probably relegated to the filler category. sad!). wolfu literally cannot see what brain means without either having played with damo before (already known to have not happened) or to known for a fact that damo is town.
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:38 pm
kind of like bona coming at me for not being helpful but maybe i'm just a sucker for that sort of thing

pyxxy gives me a bit of posting just to post vibes which is maybe scum indicative
pocketing attempt notable failure
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:35 pm
<snip>
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:23 pm

how do you see what he means? i don't believe you've ever played with damo, so why should this register as something you see and agree with already?
because as i was reading i saw posts made by damo that seemed to fit the exact description brainbomb gave of him
again - beancomb's descriptions were conditional on alignment.
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:59 pm
the more bona starts to annoy me with his questions the more town i begin to think he is
almost verbatim the same damn post
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:12 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:58 pm
to agree with brainbomb's assessment of his play as each alignment, you necessarily have to know damo's alignment
no, that's not how this works

brainbomb said damo as town is annoying and hunts in (what he perceives as) antitown ways

at that time as i'm discussing these reads damo comse in with some posts about how the survey will be illuminating but he's not going to explain why yet and we need to force people to participate

he's talking like he's doing a magic trick and doesn't want to reveal the surprise to the audience just yet

which seems to me way more like a town who is self-absorbed with some idea they totally think is great even though i am dubious of its usefulness
so you observe damo acting in accordance with what brain said he does as town, which means you are using the metric, but no town could possibly agree with it because you don't actually know damo's alignment. sabi is going to call me a pedant here but there is a legitimate difference that's completely obvious if you spend a second thinking about it. this man, if he's town, cannot possibly have a basis for agreeing with brain's metric. if he's scum and damo is town, then he knows it works (at least in this case), and if he's scum and damo is scum, then he can just use it to generate easy town credit for damo. there's no reason for town wolfu to be able to agree with whatever brain said, but that's what he did.
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:26 pm
read damo's past games and he's, uh, unconventional to say the least

not enugh data to judge but gut still says town
comes up with this after i've spent a fair amount of time arguing. rather unimpressive and unconvicing
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:52 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:49 pm

Have you actually read damo’s past games?
i mean i used your (extremely nifty) bot to look at some of the older games and skimmed the posts to see if he has any really obvious patterns in his play

did so because people mentioned him getting D1'ed in your last game and wanted to see if he's a common misyeet or not
here comes bo! my buddy. not clear how much was actually read or shit, or which games.

I searched the bot. The first mention of damo being killed d1 was an hour before EoD before worcej. The original post agreeing with brain was 4, almost 5 hours before that. Curious!

claims he can explain every read in his big readlist, doesn't.
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:50 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm
using brain's understanding of damo (cringe) and agreeing with it are two different things. you can say, 'hey according to brain's metric, damo is town', but you don't have the repeat games with damo to actually know for yourself - brain could be bullshittting you. there's simply no way for you to 'agree' with brain's metric
are you always this much of a pedant?

if you'll recall, the whole statement i made that kicked this extended dialogue off is "i see what you mean"

so isn't that...exactly what you're saying?
minimizes my shit by calling it pedantry, doesn't actually answer my point

spends much of n1 posting but not addressing the game; continues calling me incorrect town
wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:50 pm
anyway now that i'm home my rationale for voting tom is as follows:

1. brainbomb and riot were both repping confident scumreads on tom

2. brain died with a confident townread on riot

3. these are smart capable players and when smart capable players have a strong meta scumread the best thing to do is shut up and sheep
honestly this post alone should justify voting this guy. 'wao i'm just following the experienced guys, don't mind me'. like shit, what a cop out. i understand it's hard to find scumreads as scum but there's better ways than this
wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:45 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:00 pm

sources, MLA format, are required for this assignment
sure

<big snip>
read the post please

i think it's pretty fair wrt damo but it basically skims over everything that sabi posted about me and doesn't quote the majority of it.

doesn't explain why sabi doing anything s is actually a scumtell and not just a sabitell. maybe he's played with scumbi recently and recognizes it - but he sure doesn't say that.
wolfu wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:34 pm
okay, been waiting to say: we're nearing the halfway mark of this day phase, it's been 48 hours including the night phase. tom has outed almost no reads of significance, done no analysis, only asked a few questions to random people that i can't see him going anywhere with. he had time to step it up when riot and brainbomb started calling him out and instead he's done the opposite, seemingly retreating into lurking and offering very little. what started as a sheeped read has become a serious scumread of my own.
decides to open up on tom today - no leadup on that at ALL. on d1 he was put as high leantown. today he first justifies it with he trusts brain and hr's read on tom, but NOW comes out with this, which is like, dude, you're supposed to have your reasoning before your vote.

tl;dr:
wolfu's name is accurate
get em
Reading this post makes me more confident Bonatogether is town and less confident wolfu is town, but wolfu did not bring up damo being DKed D1 in the past until it had already been mentioned, so I do not see any hard contradiction there.

bozotheclown

#1605 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:50 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:09 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:43 pm
wolfu wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:40 pm
i mean, like - am i wrong in saying you've offered basically no stances?
Yes. You just don’t read them.

As far as I know, I’m the only person wondering if Bona is scum because of the late movement to worcej instead of Bona (in particular RHK)

I’ve expressed townreads on Neon (now wavering), Rumi, rdr.

I’m not keen on Sabi. I was pretty clear on my stance on darg per claim.
No, you are not the only one considering the movement at EOD to suspect Bona, at least me and Neon have talked about this.
I do not think this is a good reason to suspect that Bonatogether is mafia. I don't think RHK would make that obvious of a save move as Bonatogether's teammate. Rumi Tobari/Bonatogether as a scum pair is possible, but I think that is a stretch also. bo_sox may be mafia, but that would not implicate Bonatogether.

bozotheclown

#1606 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:00 am

pyxxy wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:34 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:44 am
Here are my observation so far:

The type of interaction Bonatogether and Princess Neon have had usually ends up being TvT. Unless it is some elaborate scum theater, one of them would have to be giving a very solid performance to be mafia. Also, individually I do not see any particular reason to think they are scum (unless Princess Neon and Tom are scum teammates and she was bussing Tom at the start of D1).

Unless Rumi Tobari and Bonatogether are mafia or Rumi Tobari has the double vote, I do not see any scum motivation for Rumi Tobari unvoting at D1 EOD. Even those would not be good scum reasons. Also, her misinterpreting my pointing out her vote for me D1 was not formatted correctly and citing that as her reason for choosing between worcej and Bonatogether at D1 EOD seems more like a town thing to do.

HR missed D1, but his reasonable N1 analysis seems not too easy to fake as mafia.

pyxxy did some significant town telling when responding to my survey request, I tend to think he would not go that far out of his way to fake a town tell.

wolfu seems likely to be town, if he is scum, he is putting is some effort.

dargorygel will get resolved, apparently D2 EOD, but I am not sure how that works, stealing a vote that no longer exists. I assume there will be 16 total votes.

That is 7 players I do not think are good DKs today, unless something changes.
@bozo, I feel like you're coming to the conclusion that it's TvT via logic tricks or process of elimination rather than being confident in townreads. Which is "fine" but it means reading these, I'm already putting less stock into your reads. I feel like I don't really understand why you think that this type of interaction tends to be TvT, and why this game matches your cross-game expectations for TvT.

Agreed that Rumi's explanation about unvoting with the context of her misunderstanding your post makes a lot of sense and I also townread her for it. Her explanation moved me from neutral to fairly town on her.

Yep love HR's effort

oh look ma it's me

re: wolfu, well now I feel like you're just saying "posts a lot = town" for you, in this game. This would be more helpful if there were clear lurkers (besides bo).

dargie darg darg
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:10 am
Of the other 7:

HR may be right about Tom, I think Tom could have been subtly pocketing players D1 by making early town reads.

rdrivera has not given a reason that I know of why I am his top scum read, and the brainbomb NK implicates him somewhat. rdrivera also preemptively indicated he would not be doing his VT tell, and there are not many PR options left. Having not been around lately, I am not sure if he has gone a game yet not claiming VT as VT or claiming VT as mafia to break his pattern.

I find wolfu's case on BesharamSabi interesting.

I think RHK is probably town, although I do not have a particular reason why.

I do not have any reason to suspect bo_sox, Ike, or damo666, but I have not seen any significant indication yet that they are town.
I gotta re-read Tom. I feel lost when people talk about him.

I would honestly say don't worry yourself about rdr. I would bet $100 that he doesn't end the day voting for you. Just a hunch.
https://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g ... rivera2005

Now if you find that scummy behavior, that's reasonable. Personally I think rdr will prove his worth later in D2. Just my gut feeling on him.

idk wolfu's case on Sabi seemed to kinda resolve itself

okay this is consistent with you heavily implying "high poster = town", thus "low poster = not town"
I don't have reason why the Bonatogether/Princess Neon seemed like TvT, except for past experience. More significantly, neither one seems to be too worried about drawing suspicion.

I already said I added rdrivera to my list of players I do not think should be voted D2, because of his VT claim.

bozotheclown

#1607 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:06 am

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:46 am
SCUM
Bona
Bozo
Neon
Wolfu
Sabi
Ike
Bo
Tom
Pyxxy
Rhk
Rdr
Rumi
Damo
Hr
TOWN

Not sure where thevline switches, probably aroundish sabi. Akso its been pretty fluid, normal for me. Some gut. Some ive posted a bit.
It is interesting that you have me and 3 of my top town reads as your top 4 mafia. I would be interested in knowing why we are your top suspects.

bozotheclown

#1608 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:15 am

wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:17 am
i think these people are town:
dargorygel
Rumi Tobari
DemonRHK
Princess Neon
pyxxy
Bonatogether
Hellenic Riot

i kind of think this is town but it's for bad reasons:
damo666
Rdrivera2005

scum are likely in here:
BesharamSabi
Tom Bombadil
bozotheclown
CrimsonFox
bo_sox48
I found this post very interesting because it is very close to my position early D2 (expect for myself being likely scum). If you are town, we have similar opinions, right or wrong. If you are mafia, I am likely way off track, depending on how much distancing you like to do with your mafia teammates.

damo666

#1609 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:24 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:06 am
dargorygel wrote:
SCUM
Bona
Bozo
Neon
Wolfu
Sabi
Ike
Bo
Tom
Pyxxy
Rhk
Rdr
Rumi
Damo
Hr
TOWN

Not sure where thevline switches, probably aroundish sabi. Akso its been pretty fluid, normal for me. Some gut. Some ive posted a bit.
It is interesting that you have me and 3 of my top town reads as your top 4 mafia. I would be interested in knowing why we are your top suspects.
So you think Bo and or Tom would have NKd brain who had called for their deaths if killed?

damo666

#1610 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:26 am

Sorry misquote. I meant to quote Bozo's comment on Wolfu's reads.

damo666

#1611 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:28 am

I doubt Neon would gain traction so I kind of down to rdr, Ike and Sabi.

bozotheclown

#1612 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:39 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:37 pm
Alright I have a fucking insane tin foil. It's insane and it's stupid and it is entirely unlikely but holy shit is it a God play if it's accurate but considering nobody is counter claiming it is probably unnecessary to even speculate but I want to speculate it anyways

Imagine if Darg fake claimed PR nobody CCd for whatever reason Rumi is also scum and has double vote so she votes with Darg covers his lie any CC is now unbelievable because Darg has proven he has a double vote.

It's bullshit but it would be such an insanely awesome woof play.

Now back to things that matter I think this set up is woof sided to an extreme we are at 9 v 4 a ML and NK takes us to 7 v 4

A day vig makes it 6 v 4 and we are essentially in mylo

If I'm woofu N0 I'm taking Day vig Double vote Vengeful and Godfather

At best your getting 3 free kills at worst your getting 3 for 2

Like in this scenario we are in the woofs can win by d3

Even if we kill the Vengeful they trade 1 for 1

Double vote trades a woof kill for a town kill also

With this set up even if we killed Vengeful and Double vote it's already 8 v 2 but they can also hide fur as long as possible...I dunno I'd take as much extra kpr as I could. Like if we just get MLs and NKs go thru days 1 and 2 it's already 7 v 4 and with all the kpr that can't be stopped like...jfc...

A
I am not sure if this was meant as a survey answer, but I will record it.

Mafia role predictions:
bozo: hooker, vengeful, day vig, universal backup
Rumi Tobari: hooker, day vig, universal backup, fake inventor
brainbomb: day vig, universal backup, strongman, tracker
worcej: hooker, day vig, universal backup, fake inventor
DemonRHK: day vig, universal backup, jailor, odd cop
dargorygel: day vig, universal backup, fake inventor, double vote
pyxxy: day vig, hooker, universal backup, tracker
damo: hooker, vengeful, day vig, tracker
Tom: hooker, vengeful, day vig, universal backup
rdrivera: hooker, day vig, universal backup, even cop
HR: hooker, day vig, odd cop, deathproof
Princess Neon: day vig, vengeful, double vote, GF
BesharamSabi:
Bonatogether:
bo_sox:
RagingIke:
wolfu:

bozotheclown

#1613 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:43 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:24 am
bozotheclown wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
SCUM
Bona
Bozo
Neon
Wolfu
Sabi
Ike
Bo
Tom
Pyxxy
Rhk
Rdr
Rumi
Damo
Hr
TOWN

So you think Bo and or Tom would have NKd brain who had called for their deaths if killed?
Yes, the reads of NKed players usually don't get heavily considered.

Princess Neon

#1614 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:50 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:28 am
I doubt Neon would gain traction so I kind of down to rdr, Ike and Sabi.
So your choices are

1. RDR which like okay but there are better choices on the table right now RDR isn't the most vocal potential that

2. Ike the lowest of low hanging fruit a wasted DK and someone who probably just gets modkilled or replaced again.

3. Sabi who like once again okay but I still think we should givethem time as they are showing glimpses of their town game now.

Of these I'm kinda only willing to entertain RDR and like barely.

Princess Neon

#1615 Post by Princess Neon » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:51 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:43 am
damo666 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I'm here to heavily consider them

damo666

#1616 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:03 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:51 am
bozotheclown wrote:
damo666 wrote:

But which way? Are you more inclined to vote them or less inclined?

bozotheclown

#1617 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:03 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:52 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:44 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:41 am

Welcome to my scum pile enjoy your stay ^^
Why have I passed Tom on you suspect list, and even so, why not stick with a wagon you liked that was tied for the lead?
I like this questioning from bozo. Because I know I’m town, I sorta townlean Neon since I think scum would stay on me there. But I see where bozos coming from and I think its genuine hunting
This is an example of why I think Tom could have been trying to pocket players D1. Neon and I were 2 of the 3 players voting for him D1, and here he town reads both of us. Also, I do not really agree with the reasoning for his Neon town read.

bozotheclown

#1618 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:12 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:51 am
bozotheclown wrote:
damo666 wrote:

It is somewhat WIFOM, but the NK implicates me, BesharamSabi, bo_sox, rdrivera, and Tom. Personally, I think it is better for mafia to eliminate a player with good reads than eliminate a player with bad reads in hope that someone acts on the frozen bad reads, because that rarely happens.

damo666

#1620 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:23 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:13 am
##VOTE No‑Kill
Why?