M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1461 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:13 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:05 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:20 pm
@Neon - when did your scumread of me begin?
You were NULL moving down yesterday through the night BB dying didn't help. He talked about you a lot and made very solid points.
What points were those?

I don’t mind listening to the dead townies. But I do mind when it comes off opportunistic af.

Princess Neon

#1462 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:13 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:00 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:44 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:53 am
Remind me tomorrow to analyze the percentage of Bona iso devoted to:
  • asking neon pointless questions
  • being pedantic and asking nonsense questions to wolfu
  • badgering me
  • talking about the nazi game
  • shutting people down when it comes to trying to solve the game
VS actual posts of him solving atp in the game

A better picture at what I'm getting at.
Bona had 93 posts D1 and 43 posts n1:

Out of those posts:
  • 4 were eu4 (2.9%)
  • 22 were fights with neon/me/wolfu (16.2%)
  • 13 were shuts down solving (9.6%)
  • 53 were filler (39.0%)
I can share the work I did but here's the data points.
Bumping this
Thanks I hate it

##VOTE Bona

For president

Princess Neon

#1463 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:15 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:13 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:20 pm
@Neon - when did your scumread of me begin?
You were NULL moving down yesterday through the night BB dying didn't help. He talked about you a lot and made very solid points.
What points were those?

I don’t mind listening to the dead townies. But I do mind when it comes off opportunistic af.
Ah yes that opportunistic thing where I'm not even voting you

Bonatogether

#1464 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:21 pm

wolfu wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:08 pm
i don't understand why wolfu has received almost zero flak today
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:08 pm
nobody seems to be thinking about them in any capacity
in fairness i'm not sure i understand it either

would you like to give me flak?
im coming up with a wallpost

Rumi Tobari

#1465 Post by Rumi Tobari » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:27 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:04 pm
Ah yes that very solid strategy where you ignore the dead and give their entire POE a pass for the day after they died.
If you're going to criticize damo for that, don't give me a pass when I did the exact same thing. If you do one person, everyone who did it needs to get the treatment. For the record though:

brainbomb - I was kinda looking forward to having brainbomb continue to be thoughtful and ask relevant questions, was townleaing him.

worcej - I had no opinions on. I didn't like any of the D1 wagons (at the time), that's why I flipped a coin (see previous statements for why bozo wasn't considered). He was kinda null until he flipped town.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1466 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:28 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:15 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

What points were those?

Shading me without voting me is just as bad if not worse. Still waiting for those points though.

wolfu

#1467 Post by wolfu » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:34 pm

okay, been waiting to say: we're nearing the halfway mark of this day phase, it's been 48 hours including the night phase. tom has outed almost no reads of significance, done no analysis, only asked a few questions to random people that i can't see him going anywhere with. he had time to step it up when riot and brainbomb started calling him out and instead he's done the opposite, seemingly retreating into lurking and offering very little. what started as a sheeped read has become a serious scumread of my own.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1468 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Perfect. The same thing I get every game.

Got wolfu sheeting brain and HR (who might even be scum but is good if he is town)

And Neon sussing me by wheeling brain for making good points - though I’m 99% sure Neon has no clue what those “points” were.

wolfu

#1469 Post by wolfu » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:40 pm

i mean, like - am i wrong in saying you've offered basically no stances?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1470 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:41 pm

Like wolfu - you don’t think it’s weird that Neon is sheeping brain here for all his good points ? And when I asked for the reasons they still haven’t given any??

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1471 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:43 pm

wolfu wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:40 pm
Yes. You just don’t read them.

As far as I know, I’m the only person wondering if Bona is scum because of the late movement to worcej instead of Bona (in particular RHK)

I’ve expressed townreads on Neon (now wavering), Rumi, rdr.

I’m not keen on Sabi. I was pretty clear on my stance on darg per claim.

Princess Neon

#1472 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:55 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:28 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:15 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

What points were those?

Shading me without voting me is just as bad if not worse. Still waiting for those points though.
There's a handy vote button if you want to accuse me of something.

Princess Neon

#1473 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:57 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Got wolfu sheeting brain and HR (who might even be scum but is good if he is town)

And Neon sussing me by wheeling brain for making good points - though I’m 99% sure Neon has no clue what those “points” were.
Yes I'm a big ole dumbass who claims things without evidence.

Princess Neon

#1474 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:06 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:29 pm
Bosox posts on 598, 599 and 600 look wolfyu

viewtopic.php?p=313702#p313702

Bo calls out Tom for townreading rdrivera. This moment is where Tom says that scum rivera would not fake forgetting a game had started and therefore rivera is strong town.

Bo picks up on this and shows this is something irregular and he attempts to call out Tom for this read.
It would be one thing to say this is NAI but why in the world would you townread him for this?
My gut instinct in this moment was that bo was town, noticed a shitty TMI read and found this highly sus.

The following post Bo laments that I am back.

The post following that he says
In fairness he forgot last game started until about D5
I realize this doesnt mean a whole lot to anyone but to me this is bo on a team with scum tom bomb. and bo is asking his scum partner openly why tf are you doling out a townread on a slot we can abuse??

by end of day bo actually does try to push rdrivera. Is it a big deal? nah probably not to anyone who has their own ideas about who scum is.

It represents to me a fakeness in bo, and a lack of desire to challenge people for bad stances. Rather than actually push tom for what seems to be a pretty caustic bad read, bo just ignores tom and pushes rdrivera later anyway, which tom doesnt have a problem with at end of day either.

basically bo and tom are scum together.
keep looking for reasons why fam
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:07 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:25 pm
Demon,

You just wrote a paragraph on bozo and Sabi with exactly zero consclusions…

Do you have a read there or just writing to write?
If tom flips wolf then this looks alot like shading. so even though rhk vote on worcej is terrible, I think tom and rhk may not be a team
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:09 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:37 pm
Aiight. Kinda like RHK response. Townlean
This backs off alot, and it doesnt make much sense to call out Scum!RHK and point out a flaw in his posts, only to change course and townread two posts later. this reads more like making sure you dont rouse too much suspicions.
Hip hop hip hop Neon has receipts.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1476 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:08 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:57 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Yes I'm a big ole dumbass who claims things without evidence.
First of all, don’t take things so personal, Christ.

Second, I don’t think it’s out of bounds to ask why you are voting me. Saying someone had good points to scumread me and not being able to sum those up is concerning.

Third, why would I vote you when I just said I townlean you?

BesharamSabi

#1477 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:09 pm

Hey I am passionate about my Bona case

##VOTE Bona

Princess Neon

#1478 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:09 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:06 pm
##VOTE Tom
Thunderdome me.

I'm not convinced that Bo is actually scum with Tom. I can see a world where scum kills BB to protect Tom and frame Bo. 2 birds 1 stone.

Either way I can reeval after Tom flips because while I don't think either is particularly towny Tom is worse.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1479 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:09 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:43 pm
wolfu wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:40 pm
Yes. You just don’t read them.

As far as I know, I’m the only person wondering if Bona is scum because of the late movement to worcej instead of Bona (in particular RHK)

I’ve expressed townreads on Neon (now wavering), Rumi, rdr.

I’m not keen on Sabi. I was pretty clear on my stance on darg per claim.
No, you are not the only one considering the movement at EOD to suspect Bona, at least me and Neon have talked about this.

Bonatogether

#1480 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:10 pm

little known fact - wolfu is the sixth highest poster this game

most of the day 1 posts are frankly boring and uninteresting. talks a fair amount about sabi (much more words about them than any other player)
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:40 pm
dunno, weird fixation on (often trivial) mechanics in more casual game environments tends toward town more often than not in my experience

kind of felt like - mechanically minded players will try to latch onto basically anything concrete, even if trivial/not very important, b/c its their entry point into the game, not as used to making social reads

(definitely feels like a setup where more fun to be scum than town)

wouldn't necessarily hang my hat on that read but seemed okay to me
hedging reads, and it's also weird because he's clearly looking to be part of the conversation without actually addressing a person. he mentions no players by name but i think this post is about bozo? trying to justify a townread on bozo with suspect reasoning is like, offbeat. he later claims that this was a 'belief, but not a strongly held belief,' which to me is like ??? What does it mean to believe something only somewhat? You can't reason this shit through with something prior half-baked
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:02 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:45 pm
I recently refused to kill a friend of mine Minish while she was focusing on mech without much solve, talked town out of it 3 days in a row game set up with a lot of mech to look into. She end gamed as woof. Convinced me it was helpful for town... it was not.
okay i'm just speaking in generalized archetypes

i get where you're coming from though, have subscribed to that view myself in the past, still getting a view of things myself so no conclusive reads but wanted to offer a counterpoint
apparently didn't have a read but wanted to make a counterpoint - i feel like this is at least somewhat bullshit. 1) in the original post, he didn't actually address any specific person (as mentioned), and 2) basically ignores the actual point of neon's post (mechs posts are not actually that helpful and are easy for scum to hide behind, etc)

i called this shit out at the time and he responded with 'lol ok'
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:14 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:11 pm
Damo is more just, if I find him totally annoying and I wanna kill him or strangle him hes town. Usually he does something that is ridiculously irritating when he is town and this feels like that. I dont know his scumgame as well but I think its not that powerful. he gets caught as a wolf alot. not to say he is bad, but his tricks are well documented and known by this community.
Lol i can already see what you mean
i also argued this post with wolfu (which sabi probably relegated to the filler category. sad!). wolfu literally cannot see what brain means without either having played with damo before (already known to have not happened) or to known for a fact that damo is town.
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:38 pm
kind of like bona coming at me for not being helpful but maybe i'm just a sucker for that sort of thing

pyxxy gives me a bit of posting just to post vibes which is maybe scum indicative
pocketing attempt notable failure
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:35 pm
<snip>
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:23 pm
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:14 pm

Lol i can already see what you mean
how do you see what he means? i don't believe you've ever played with damo, so why should this register as something you see and agree with already?
because as i was reading i saw posts made by damo that seemed to fit the exact description brainbomb gave of him
again - beancomb's descriptions were conditional on alignment.
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:59 pm
the more bona starts to annoy me with his questions the more town i begin to think he is
almost verbatim the same damn post
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:12 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:58 pm
to agree with brainbomb's assessment of his play as each alignment, you necessarily have to know damo's alignment
no, that's not how this works

brainbomb said damo as town is annoying and hunts in (what he perceives as) antitown ways

at that time as i'm discussing these reads damo comse in with some posts about how the survey will be illuminating but he's not going to explain why yet and we need to force people to participate

he's talking like he's doing a magic trick and doesn't want to reveal the surprise to the audience just yet

which seems to me way more like a town who is self-absorbed with some idea they totally think is great even though i am dubious of its usefulness
so you observe damo acting in accordance with what brain said he does as town, which means you are using the metric, but no town could possibly agree with it because you don't actually know damo's alignment. sabi is going to call me a pedant here but there is a legitimate difference that's completely obvious if you spend a second thinking about it. this man, if he's town, cannot possibly have a basis for agreeing with brain's metric. if he's scum and damo is town, then he knows it works (at least in this case), and if he's scum and damo is scum, then he can just use it to generate easy town credit for damo. there's no reason for town wolfu to be able to agree with whatever brain said, but that's what he did.
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:26 pm
read damo's past games and he's, uh, unconventional to say the least

not enugh data to judge but gut still says town
comes up with this after i've spent a fair amount of time arguing. rather unimpressive and unconvicing
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:52 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:49 pm
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:26 pm
read damo's past games and he's, uh, unconventional to say the least

not enugh data to judge but gut still says town
Have you actually read damo’s past games?
i mean i used your (extremely nifty) bot to look at some of the older games and skimmed the posts to see if he has any really obvious patterns in his play

did so because people mentioned him getting D1'ed in your last game and wanted to see if he's a common misyeet or not
here comes bo! my buddy. not clear how much was actually read or shit, or which games.

I searched the bot. The first mention of damo being killed d1 was an hour before EoD before worcej. The original post agreeing with brain was 4, almost 5 hours before that. Curious!

claims he can explain every read in his big readlist, doesn't.
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:50 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm
using brain's understanding of damo (cringe) and agreeing with it are two different things. you can say, 'hey according to brain's metric, damo is town', but you don't have the repeat games with damo to actually know for yourself - brain could be bullshittting you. there's simply no way for you to 'agree' with brain's metric
are you always this much of a pedant?

if you'll recall, the whole statement i made that kicked this extended dialogue off is "i see what you mean"

so isn't that...exactly what you're saying?
minimizes my shit by calling it pedantry, doesn't actually answer my point

spends much of n1 posting but not addressing the game; continues calling me incorrect town
wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:50 pm
anyway now that i'm home my rationale for voting tom is as follows:

1. brainbomb and riot were both repping confident scumreads on tom

2. brain died with a confident townread on riot

3. these are smart capable players and when smart capable players have a strong meta scumread the best thing to do is shut up and sheep
honestly this post alone should justify voting this guy. 'wao i'm just following the experienced guys, don't mind me'. like shit, what a cop out. i understand it's hard to find scumreads as scum but there's better ways than this
wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:45 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:00 pm
wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:54 pm
i think sabi might be mafia

not really confident but reading their iso that's the vibe i get
sources, MLA format, are required for this assignment
sure

<big snip>
read the post please

i think it's pretty fair wrt damo but it basically skims over everything that sabi posted about me and doesn't quote the majority of it.

doesn't explain why sabi doing anything s is actually a scumtell and not just a sabitell. maybe he's played with scumbi recently and recognizes it - but he sure doesn't say that.
wolfu wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:34 pm
okay, been waiting to say: we're nearing the halfway mark of this day phase, it's been 48 hours including the night phase. tom has outed almost no reads of significance, done no analysis, only asked a few questions to random people that i can't see him going anywhere with. he had time to step it up when riot and brainbomb started calling him out and instead he's done the opposite, seemingly retreating into lurking and offering very little. what started as a sheeped read has become a serious scumread of my own.
decides to open up on tom today - no leadup on that at ALL. on d1 he was put as high leantown. today he first justifies it with he trusts brain and hr's read on tom, but NOW comes out with this, which is like, dude, you're supposed to have your reasoning before your vote.

tl;dr:
wolfu's name is accurate
get em