M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Princess Neon

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1141 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:27 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:01 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:50 am
I paid careful attention to the reaction of every wagon I tied. The movement when I put Bona into a position to go over was more active than any other wagon I tied during EOD
That could be explained by causing a tie so close to EOD, there was going to be an effort by town to break the tie.
Sigh

damo666

#1142 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:52 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:13 pm
Mafia role predictions:
bozo: hooker, vengeful, day vig, universal backup
Rumi Tobari: hooker, day vig, universal backup, fake inventor
brainbomb: day vig, universal backup, strongman, tracker
worcej: hooker, day vig, universal backup, fake inventor
DemonRHK: day vig, universal backup, jailor, odd cop
dargorygel: day vig, universal backup, fake inventor, double vote
pyxxy: day vig, hooker, universal backup, tracker
damo: hooker, vengeful, day vig, tracker
Tom: hooker, vengeful, day vig, universal backup
rdrivera: hooker, day vig, universal backup, even cop
HR: hooker, day vig, odd cop, deathproof
BesharamSabi:
Bonatogether:
bo_sox:
RagingIke:
Princess Neon:
wolfu:
Frequency:
Day Vig 11
UB 9
Hooker 6
Vful 3
FakeInv 3
Tracker 3
Odd Cop 2
Strongman 1
Jailer 1
Double Vote 1
Even Cop 1
Deathproof 1

Sum of Frequency counts by player

Bozo 29
Rumi 29
Bb 24
WorcejRIP 29
Demon 23
darg 24
pyxxy 29
damo 20
Tom 29
rdr 27
HR 20

Dunno what make of this other we are probably up against hooker, dayvig, UB plus one other.

wolfu

#1143 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:00 pm

i'm probably gonna regret shielding damo day 1

wolfu

#1144 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:04 pm

(well and tom possibly but if i was wrong on that one i'll accept the consequences)

wow it got heavy in here overnight

wolfu

#1145 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:16 pm

i am concerned for some of y'all on a personal level. probably have a little more to say about that when i find the time in between work

on a game related note, been liking pyxxy better since they started posting more. my day 1 reads were probably garbage

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1146 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:26 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:50 am
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:15 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:14 pm

1. Yes, my bad there.
2. No, it does not.
3. All scum roles are considered “not vanilla” except the Warlock
Wrote all this in a tab before N1 so as not to distract from more pertinent D1 conversations. Maybe I shouldn't be posting it right away but whatever. I don't mind if people ignore this for now, I'll just bump the topic later in the night.

---

Chaqa's answer for #3 makes me want to have a discussion about the Inventor handing out the scan before the gun.

Gun has a [number to be put here after D1+N1+D2 flips] / 14 (unless a town PR save or mafia shenanigans happen) of shooting scum. We can't know this number yet but it's probably between 20-40%, I think?

But if Inventor gives the scan out right away, it's the same chance of giving it to scum, which I think is less bad for the same odds of wrongly shooting a townie?

And if we get lucky and give it to town, then they can scan N2 and we potentially get info D3 which is the fastest possible.

The risk is scanning doc/joat/commuter -> townie scans doc/joat/commuter -> townie outs doc/joat/commuter. And I writing this before the D1 flip so we have to consider that flip and the resulting odds.

But if it's D3, that's also a lot of time. And maybe the other roles can protected the outed one? Anyway I think there's a discussion to be had here.

---

I wrote the above before darg claimed crumbing, writing this at the beginning of N1 before darg explains it.

Also wrote this before we fucking killed the doc lmao. But this means we should almost certainly be giving out the scan tonight. Odds of non-vanilla => scum are even better now.
While you're in the thread, @HR, thoughts on my post asking to discuss what item the Inventor should give out first?
Gun, every time, because scum with a gun is a lot more of a problem later in the game than it is now.

damo666

#1147 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:27 pm

wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:00 pm
i'm probably gonna regret shielding damo day 1
Waddya mean?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1148 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:32 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:14 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:54 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:51 am

If it helps Gira that like everyone hated me for my firsy three mu games because I refused to do read lists D1 because that's what I learned on here. Everyone here is stubborn in their own ways about how to play the game.
Gira

@Wolfu

Reggin?

Small world.
HR, does your past knowledge here alter your suspicions of wolfu? Or at least implied suspicions...
Not really, I've never played forum mafia with him, only live mafia, and aside from the couple months in early first lockdown when a lot of us started playing on EM again for the first time in years before it happily shut down forever, I don't think we'd even played live mafia together for a good 5-6 years. I still find it dubious that he had reads on basically everybody that were more than total gut feel (and thus he would be able to back them up as claimed if pressed on) that early in the game. And I find his vote flip from worcej to rivera that late in the day just as bad as I did before.

As for why you should have changed... You were on a vanity wagon going nowhere, and had just claimed PR. Why would you *not* try and shape the resultant wagon when people left you?

brainbomb

#1149 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:41 pm

why are we questioning the motives of an unccd PR?

If darg was not real he would just be counter claimed and have died at eod. the only way I could understand darg being mafia at this point would be if the real
PR didnt know what role dargo was even claiming.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1150 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:43 pm

Working, caught where I could.

For brain, I slammed a vote into bona for calling out vanity wagons as it's the lowest hanging fruit of towncred there is. Then I realized I was voting WITH damo and that is no bueno. I went to the other leading wagon as the other push claimed. I look like shit, but I wasn't gonna end up along damo.

SPEAKING OF DAMO.

I like his ass EVEN LESS now than I did D1. He's still putting a lot of value in bozo's survey after claiming he wasn't/didn't previously. Then raked Rumi over the coals for the last second unvote with TWO COMPLETE NON-PARTICIPANTS.

I'm likely going to hold off on SwingTheSubs for damo.

Anyway, I stan HR after his posts, it's the insight I expect from him.

I think Neon's whole 'Oh WoW tHe MoVeMeNt' as you KEEP TYING THE GODDAMN VOTE closer and closer to EoD should be filed under 'No Shit Sherlock', and of the three members of Sabi Sentai Deluxe I think Sabi is the most town, wolf looks real sus after bailing worc.

Speaking of bailing, Rumi looks GODAWFUL on votes alone. I want to give Rumi a pass becuase I know them and can handwave it as Rumi's anxiety...but Rumi is a low key sociopath imo and I can't help but feel played.

Bona has been very aggro because daddy eden went out for smokes and never came back.

brain seems pretty normal town brain, playing every approach, not too far out there yet.

brainbomb

#1151 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:46 pm

I remember seeing you make a comment about damo being on a wagon and saying ew.

Im not really sure why you find damo scummy though. Damo
doesnt seem scummy at all.

wolfu

#1152 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:40 am
maybe this is a good convo starter

how did everyone get into mafia? and what do they like about it?

For me I first played with Jesuit priests in 2003. at the time I was at a retreat for people interested in the priesthood. hard to imagine but I was instantly in love with the game. 20 of us on a big porch, priests included, playing face to face mafia with minimal roles. after this I started throwing mafia parties and inviting people over. every thanksgiving id play with my whole family. Years later I started playing resistance with people on fridays.

flash ahead to 2015 living in missouri teaching art at missouri state university I got hooked on forum mafia.
never had any experience with the game in person, spent a ton of time on web forums in the 00s, mostly lurking, saw people playing mafia games on a board and thought it was fascinating, never joined a game myself though. didn't actually play until 2010 when a board i was on started playing locked games on EM. games were a ton of fun but mostly silly and very chaotic. gradually migrated into public games on EM, mostly because i thought people on the site sucked and had big egos and i wanted to kick their butts. started playing forum games on mafiascum late 2010 because i wanted to see what it was like, might have been prodded into it by someone on EM. didn't really get into it at first, found the people pretty frustrating to deal with, eventually won some games by accident and got into it, but was never really satisfied with my own play. bounced between playing FM and trophy running and getting involved in various awful drama hijinks on EM for a few years, eventually burned myself out and quit as i got an actual job and had no time to waste on dumb games.

lived happily for several years until a global pandemic hit the world and then i relapsed into playing mafia out of nostalgia and boredom. keep playing it because work is slow and i got tired of reading twitter to kill time. might enjoy the game more now actually although i still have some bad habits i lapse into sometimes

brainbomb

#1153 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:51 pm

damo wants to focus only on people who didnt do some survey. and thats fine but idiotic plays are totally within the damo town wheelhouse especially early game. his crusade is unlikely to earn many followers or actually succeed without some of those non survey takers to actually be very scummy on top of their failing to do their alleged duty.

so damo - if scum - is boxing himself into a corner where he is unlikely to get any assistance on miskilling anybody. and this doesnt really seem like a mafia thing to do, because mafia want to both go unnoticed and also get people killed.

damo positioned himself to be very noticed with a strategy almost no one is on board with that isnt going to get anyone killed.

you could argue that damo just wants to look like hes solving and doesnt want anyone he scumreads to actually die. that would be a scum strategy I suppose; though it probably doesnt work since he cant really do that for multiple phases in a row anyway

wolfu

#1154 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:52 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:43 pm
Speaking of bailing, Rumi looks GODAWFUL on votes alone. I want to give Rumi a pass becuase I know them and can handwave it as Rumi's anxiety...but Rumi is a low key sociopath imo and I can't help but feel played.
hey that's really not cool

brainbomb

#1155 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:54 pm

I just wanna say that my damo post just now is probably the single greatest post ive ever made in a forum mafia game.

damo666

#1156 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:56 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:43 pm
Working, caught where I could.

For brain, I slammed a vote into bona for calling out vanity wagons as it's the lowest hanging fruit of towncred there is. Then I realized I was voting WITH damo and that is no bueno. I went to the other leading wagon as the other push claimed. I look like shit, but I wasn't gonna end up along damo.

SPEAKING OF DAMO.

I like his ass EVEN LESS now than I did D1. He's still putting a lot of value in bozo's survey after claiming he wasn't/didn't previously. WRONG AGAIN.
I refuted your statement I was treating them as gospel. Why do you keep misrepresenting me?
Then raked Rumi over the coals for the last second unvote with TWO COMPLETE NON-PARTICIPANTS. HR apologised for missing the day and CF was subbed. I don't see your point.

I'm likely going to hold off on SwingTheSubs for damo.

Anyway, I stan HR after his posts, it's the insight I expect from him.

I think Neon's whole 'Oh WoW tHe MoVeMeNt' as you KEEP TYING THE GODDAMN VOTE closer and closer to EoD should be filed under 'No Shit Sherlock', and of the three members of Sabi Sentai Deluxe I think Sabi is the most town, wolf looks real sus after bailing worc.

Bona has been very aggro because daddy eden went out for smokes and never came back.

brain seems pretty normal town brain, playing every approach, not too far out there yet.

damo666

#1157 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:46 pm
I remember seeing you make a comment about damo being on a wagon and saying ew.

Im not really sure why you find damo scummy though. Damo
doesnt seem scummy at all.
Demon is probably scum who sees me as an easy mk target.

brainbomb

#1158 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:00 pm

tone wise RHK is just in a very flamboyant place. boisterous and cocky. That doesnt really seem like his wolf game.

brainbomb

#1159 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:01 pm

although perhaps a little too much angst is incorporated into what hes doing. his push on bo about there being a n0 argument for example could be a bus on bo to distance.

wolfu

#1160 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:04 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:32 pm
Not really, I've never played forum mafia with him, only live mafia, and aside from the couple months in early first lockdown when a lot of us started playing on EM again for the first time in years before it happily shut down forever, I don't think we'd even played live mafia together for a good 5-6 years. I still find it dubious that he had reads on basically everybody that were more than total gut feel (and thus he would be able to back them up as claimed if pressed on) that early in the game. And I find his vote flip from worcej to rivera that late in the day just as bad as I did before.
basically fine and understandable but as you know me you should know it's more or less expected for me to tryhard in a game

as for the flip, was as simple as: i vote a weaker townlean who was a wagon at deadline over other options, brain votes rdrivera, who i do not have a townread on, so i swap to him

i recognize that it's entirely possible i screwed that up pretty bad if one of bozo/bona is scum but if that is the case, i accept the consequences of my actions