M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#981 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:36 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:35 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:09 am
i don't even know what to say because i feel like this is just misrepresentation of what i've actually been doing
Bona tbf you have been targeting them and saying everything is ego posting and what not.

Just lay it off. Take a deep breath.
if i have something to say, i want a straight answer

what else is the constant repetition of 'i play the same as town and scum'?

Bonatogether

#982 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:37 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
fuck this game man
Bona what's your worldview.
neon refuses to answer the question

you refuse to acknowledge my point about wolfu

this irritates me

Princess Neon

#983 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:37 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:00 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:28 am
I'm so fucking glad I decided to play on webdip again I love being insulted and treated like a fucking idiot
Is this at anyone other than Bona?
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:51 am
RagingIke297 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:49 am
I'm remembering why I stopped playing now 😂

Not liking Bozo and his poll, seems incredibly pointless to me. Gives us no real information and seems like a way to pin town down as wolf later because they guessed one or two right whereas wolves already know what's been picked and can avoid those or steer a bus to flip fellow wolves with roles not on the list. Between that and the "I'm going to vote like 6 people so I can say I voted scum D1" just feels like a bunch of noise that isn't helping town

Not liking Wolfu, they left the bozo train because "bozo said something that i think is a little less likely to come from scum" and has not elaborated at all past that. They then went to the Worcej wagon who they recently read as lean town and ended on Rdr who they had mentioned once up until then?

I honestly don't believe Dargys claim, he didn't change his vote off Brain at end of day even tho Brain wasn't happening, he never crumbles but decided to this game to and the person he thought would get his crumble was.... Brain? This situation will probably end up sorting itself out in the next few days...
Darg kind of resolves itself though no?
Not really understanding your question, can you elaborate?
No.

I don't know how to say what I'm saying better yet.

BesharamSabi

#984 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:37 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:36 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
i don't even know what to say because i feel like this is just misrepresentation of what i've actually been doing
Bona tbf you have been targeting them and saying everything is ego posting and what not.

OK that's fine.

Anyway focus on other players for a bit. Relook at neon with fresh eyes. Ezpz

BesharamSabi

#985 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:38 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:37 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
fuck this game man

this irritates me
That's not a world view.

Give me a idea on what your mind is at with slots that aren't me and neon.

Princess Neon

#986 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:41 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:34 am
Princess Neon wrote:
I'm so fucking glad I decided to play on webdip again I love being insulted and treated like a fucking idiot
No one thinks that.

Take a deep breath
Yeah sorry I'm emotional I'm fine.

Princess Neon

#987 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:42 am

Bonatogether wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

What else is the constant repetition of "ego posting ignored"

Princess Neon

#988 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:43 am

Bonatogether wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
fuck this game man

this irritates me
What question? Lol.

Princess Neon

#989 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 am

Good fucking God I didn't even want to be here for night and I'm top posting... fantastic.

RagingIke297

#990 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:46 am

Princess Neon wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:51 am

Darg kind of resolves itself though no?
No.

Well, I'm glad it's just frustration at one person and not a bunch or the whole community. Sabi said what I was thinking, take a breath, people are incredibly passionate about this game and sometimes that passion is real and sometimes it's smoke and mirrors to get other people frustrated.

If you think of a way to rephrase or have other questions I'm happy to answer
-Xanthor, Hero of Riverside

Princess Neon

#991 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:48 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:46 am
Princess Neon wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:

No.

Well, I'm glad it's just frustration at one person and not a bunch or the whole community. Sabi said what I was thinking, take a breath, people are incredibly passionate about this game and sometimes that passion is real and sometimes it's smoke and mirrors to get other people frustrated.

If you think of a way to rephrase or have other questions I'm happy to answer
I know how to say what I'm thinking more... obviously... but I don't think it's beneficial to do that at this stage.

Rumi Tobari

#992 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:55 am

Bonatogether wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

Personally I think Neon is very different from last time. Neon and Sabi refuted me. I don't agree with this perspective, because I do think Neon is very different from last time, but I don't see too much of a point fixating on it because its not too productive to do.

As far as I'm concerned, its just more drama and arguing.

BesharamSabi

#993 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:59 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:55 am
Bonatogether wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Personally I think Neon is very different from last time. Neon and Sabi refuted me. I don't agree with this perspective, because I do think Neon is very different from last time, but I don't see too much of a point fixating on it because its not too productive to do.

As far as I'm concerned, its just more drama and arguing.
I agreed with you that neon is different this game. :(

Rumi Tobari

#994 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:03 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:59 am
Oops, that's my bad. Sorry. That's an attention span to what I'm reading problem.

BesharamSabi

#995 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:07 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:03 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:59 am
Oops, that's my bad. Sorry. That's an attention span to what I'm reading problem.
Yea I said compared to her wolf game, she's a lot more aggressive this game. Before that game I never saw wolf neon. Now I'm familar with her. Her town games I played or spec in, she's been this aggressive.

Bonatogether

#996 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:23 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:38 am
Bonatogether wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

this irritates me
That's not a world view.

Give me a idea on what your mind is at with slots that aren't me and neon.
BesharamSabi - white knighting their new people again. seriously detracts from any attempt to read wolfu. too tired atm to say something smart but i feel like the repeated attempts to dismiss people questioning wolfu just looks bad but because it's sabi, who knows about alignment.
Bonatogether - me
bozotheclown - post one was surveying. he hasn't actually done anything not directly related to the survey, which i feel is not a great look.
bo_sox48 - i really liked his angle on wolfu. similar to pyxxy in that he came in late but put in a ton more effort and a ton more thought in a really nice way.
brainbomb - brainbombed. has wallposted and felt restrained and reasonable. i feel like this is town beancomb actively making an effort to not spam the thread and do things like that while still contributing. i like. insightful.
damo666 - liked the survey. not much else. rhk made a good post about him but he dismissed it by saying 'doesn't follow' and then only posting twice more in the thread.
dargorygel - claimed something. rip him. i strongly believe that he didn't say a specific role in the moment is a terrible look. i also cannot figure out what the crumb was supposed to be but i've also like never picked up on a pr soft ever. not sure what the play is wrt him - ask for a counterclaim seems an easy way to either make a one-for-one or confirm him, but the real one might not want to claim so idk. no real way to figure it out, as i see it.
DemonRHK - didn't really do a lot? rereading his d1, not sure what he thought. voted me when i said that most of the game was on vanity wagons - easy jump? nearly ended there but switched off onto worcej.
Hellenic Riot - felt fine/decent catchup post tonight. see ike
Princess Neon - hyper confident in whatever they're doing. ardently refuses to do anything she doesn't want to do (survey, answer my questions). claims scumgame and towngame are identical but has not provided evidence. notably playing differently from last game.
pyxxy - came in late, didn't really have opinions. see bo_sox
rdrivera2005 - did nothing really interesting except voting me (had a feeling)
Rumi Tobari - feels similar. i have no idea how they'd play scum so it's hard for me to make a distinction - admittedly no towny pureness like last game, but it's very hard to do that on game 2, so a topic of thought.
Tom Bombadil - lotta questions, not a lotta answers in the beginning, evens out. jumps onto worcej at eod from the remnants of the darg wagon, where he'd sat most of the day. doesn't look great
wolfu - can barely remember anything he posted aside from making a readslist, saying he had reasons, and then not posting them. apparently he had sixty posts???
CrimsonFox/Ike - ike has felt fine but it's easy to do that as any alignment when you have the benefit of being detached from any d1 posting. no idea. see HR

i should reread eod1 because i was gone for most of it playing eu4. thought i had more time, but just preliminary thoughts, no one really felt like a good vote. 24h d1s kinda suck. you could make a case that scum felt confident that they were chilling but i think there was a genuine 'where the fuck do i go' that most people felt, especially post-claim

Bonatogether

#997 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:24 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:43 am
Bonatogether wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

this irritates me
What question? Lol.
this is just bait at this point

wolfu

#998 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:23 am

the atmosphere in this game is very uncomfortable, can people try to be respectful of one another, please

know the game is about lying and deception but we don't need to make it unbearable for others to play

wolfu

#999 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:25 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Not liking Wolfu, they left the bozo train because "bozo said something that i think is a little less likely to come from scum" and has not elaborated at all past that. They then went to the Worcej wagon who they recently read as lean town and ended on Rdr who they had mentioned once up until then?
thought he was soft claiming a power role. shrug.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1000 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:27 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:16 pm
SNIP
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:29 pm

I purposely tied Bona and Worcej with 5 minutes to EoD to see what would happen. The wagon movement onto town implies to me that Bona is a big ole woofy woof.
Why does it imply that? Why can't it be town vs town? How would it be different if it were Town vs Town than if it were Town vs Scum?
Look at the other wagons when I tied them vs Bona. They were stagnant nobody cared. When I tied Bona though not only was there a mass wave of unvotes but also quick movement onto Worcej that was not happening before. I expect that a town player would likely vote to untie the wagons but that much movement is much more indicative of TvS where as in TvT there's no need for that much movement from woofs because why would they care who goes over? The pure amount of movement is why I'm convinced Bona is woof.

His reaction to me and Sabi only enforces my belief especially his treatment of me, not because of omgus but because he's focusing on shading me for everything except my play. Neon is ego posting. Neon is refusing to give reads. Neon is an idiot. These are the implications without any actual insight into my content or what I'm trying to do.

Same with Sabi. Sabi is white knighting again...blah blah blah. None of this shade feels genuine or actually indicative of what is going on really.
I think you overlook the fact that *not* moving at an EoD when the lead wagon has claimed PR, particularly if you're someone who has been active in the thread already, is a diabolically bad look. So everyone present, barring any nutjob tunnellers, is probably going to change votes. Throw in the fact that ties are bad for town (and causing them is, again, a terrible look for scum too), and it becomes a fairly safe assumption that consolidation is going to happen.

Now the fact that Darg didn't change his vote from a vanity wagon post-claim (shite) and the fact it took until 3 minutes left for any consolidation whatsoever to happen is pretty concerning. But still, at the point of the vote you think 'triggered' the worcej rush, there were realistically only 3 options. There were 13 people who spoke votes in the last 12 minutes and thus were categorically present. There was, without any doubt, going to be some consolidation on 1 of the 3 as a result. Perhaps on 2 which could go head to head (though that exponentially increases the risk of a tie) - Which indeed does happen when it became Worcej vs Bona. The fact a load of them slid on one in the end... Is fine. It's what should have happened.

Now, if a load of those votes slid that way having previously had worcej as town (or Bona as scum), then you'd have a very good point... But from what I can tell, that's not the case with anyone.

---

So instead, you have to think about what the scum motivations are. If it's TvT, they're going to consolidate regardless to look townie. If it's TvS, they *might* protect their teammate, but unless bussing has gone massively out of fashion here since I last played, I wouldn't count on that either. They would *love* a tie to happen, but they would absolutely hate to be the one that causes it... So creating the recipe for a tie but having a townie be the fool that triggers it would be ideal. Hence why I find your throwing of so many different votes around to be deeply problematic. From this perspective, I also strongly dislike Brain, Wolf & Bo creating a third wagon in the final 2 minutes of the phase because that's another tie-creating mechanism - Though it's hard to see that being multiple scum members sliding in to save someone when worcej was town.

But how else can scum look townie? Well, by not being on a town wagon. So now out of those two votes that went onto rivera to create the last second wagon, wolfu's change from worcej to rivera (which was the one that turned brain's original vote into an actual third wagon, too) looks much worse than Bo (or brain). Suspicions deepen.

However, there's another mechanism by which scum can cause ties... Having lots of vanity wagons with people who aren't on any of the main wagons. So who was present at EoD but not on any of the relevant wagons? Sabi, Bona, and Darg all look pretty awful for that - All of whom would've had a perfect excuse to create confusion by actually making a relevant in the final minute should they have wanted to, because they were parked so far from the action might as well have been football fans at West Ham's stadium. All look bad for that, although Bona is a bit more swingy because his lack of care about being a wagon could be townie or it could be scum confident his team-mates would consolidate elsewhere. Darg frankly has no excuse whatsoever for not moving his vote after claiming, but luckily we don't have to give a damn about him until he survives a few days.

But going back to scum wanting to look good not being on a town wagon (which, let's be clear, nobody actually looks good or bad for - But it's a common scum misconception due to their altered point of view of the game)... There's one vote that really stands out. That would be Rumi putting worcej into the lead with a minute to go but then unvoting when worcej was guaranteed (barring literal last second switches that are highly suspicious as patent tie-creators) to die. An explanation for that reclusion would be really good, because frankly that looks fucking atrocious.