M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Princess Neon

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#421 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:45 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:42 pm
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:40 pm
dunno, weird fixation on (often trivial) mechanics in more casual game environments tends toward town more often than not in my experience

kind of felt like - mechanically minded players will try to latch onto basically anything concrete, even if trivial/not very important, b/c its their entry point into the game, not as used to making social reads

(definitely feels like a setup where more fun to be scum than town)

wouldn't necessarily hang my hat on that read but seemed okay to me
I kill players for focusing on mech without much solve a lot. And I keep a lot of statistics as well. I will just say that in my experience it's 62% of the time scum. And I'm always willing to take that chance.

Recent game experiences tell me I'll be wrong no matter what I do though.
I recently refused to kill a friend of mine Minish while she was focusing on mech without much solve, talked town out of it 3 days in a row game set up with a lot of mech to look into. She end gamed as woof. Convinced me it was helpful for town... it was not.

Princess Neon

#422 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:46 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:43 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:24 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:21 am
2 players?
worcej and neon?

do you find their pushes on Tom to be legitimate?
The votes seem weak yet apparently they are serious votes, so maybe Tom is being bussed.
lol yeah this is weird but i want to say it's a townie weird? i would expect scum making an opportunistic vote to say something about their target, not to suggest that he's being thrown under the bus
My vote on Tom was mostly a pressure vote. I still don't like the slot but I never intended on staying on Tom today.

brainbomb

#423 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:51 pm

it feels like it is hurting your brain to keep townreading bozo

Bonatogether

#424 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:53 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:40 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:15 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:11 am

Probably not much different. Sabi was right I played my town game. You have no reason to suspect that I expect I'll die early so I'm gonna try to throw as much info out as I can.

But the reason I was able to pocket Sabi the way I did is because that's my Game... your gonna see the same thing.
i'd figure there'd be some differences - last game you were scum in an unfamiliar environment, this game you know most people at least somewhat

i'm confused about you feeling a need to throw out information?? why would scum decide you need to die by now?

egopost, ignored
Oh no I meant I'm gonna get voted out by like d3 lol
are you scum?

brainbomb

#425 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:54 pm

somebody call up satchel page

this game needs some more softball questions

Bonatogether

#426 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:55 pm

couple pages behind, bozo and neon are doing the same shit as the last time they each played

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#427 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:59 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:55 pm
couple pages behind, bozo and neon are doing the same shit as the last time they each played
I didn’t follow last game. Were either scum?

wolfu

#428 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:00 pm

brainbomb while i'm here and catching up, do you mind telling me any initial reads you have?

Bonatogether

#429 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:00 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:07 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:04 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:56 am

So you think his analysis of your vote move and his survey is both “look at me solve” type stuff?
Frankly yes. It's base level look I help stuff.
Unfortunately bozo doing polls and surveys is NAI because he does it as both scum and town.
literally

Bonatogether

#430 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:01 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:09 pm
Imagine anyone on webdip mafia reading the set up
i don't think chaqa did

wolfu

#431 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:02 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:45 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:42 pm
wolfu wrote:
dunno, weird fixation on (often trivial) mechanics in more casual game environments tends toward town more often than not in my experience

kind of felt like - mechanically minded players will try to latch onto basically anything concrete, even if trivial/not very important, b/c its their entry point into the game, not as used to making social reads

I kill players for focusing on mech without much solve a lot. And I keep a lot of statistics as well. I will just say that in my experience it's 62% of the time scum. And I'm always willing to take that chance.

Recent game experiences tell me I'll be wrong no matter what I do though.
I recently refused to kill a friend of mine Minish while she was focusing on mech without much solve, talked town out of it 3 days in a row game set up with a lot of mech to look into. She end gamed as woof. Convinced me it was helpful for town... it was not.
okay i'm just speaking in generalized archetypes

i get where you're coming from though, have subscribed to that view myself in the past, still getting a view of things myself so no conclusive reads but wanted to offer a counterpoint

Bonatogether

#432 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:03 pm

people are posting damo reads, i don't have an idea wrt him. haven't played with him in a while.

no math has been done

Bonatogether

#433 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:04 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:25 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:21 pm
Why’d you lump me in there Sabi?

What about me has been pushy? And I don’t really think I’ve caused any fighting - but if so, is that bad?
It's not necessarily truly a scum motivated thing but causing bad thread vibes is a thing they do strive for.

It just hasn't felt like you were pushing to solve.
i don't believe that it's true that scum actively try to make thread fights beyond that would be caused by the specific players anyways - idt people view it as kosher

brainbomb

#434 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:06 pm

the dichotomy here between neon and wolfu is interesting

wolfu taking the stances that surveys in light games on other forums are more often town indicstive behaviors which ignores that bozo does a survey every game no matter what his alignment is. this is not a bad thing on wolfu but shows a lack of meta on bozo and that he shouldnt be given any kind of pass for making a survey since he makes a survey every game no matter the game size or his align.

and then theres neon who keeps pushing this angle despite several people telling her this is not wolfy of bozo and this is his shtick. Choosing to lean on personal experience that when players focus on mech they tend to be wolves.

neon didnt dargorygel basically spend most of his posts focused on mech? why is bozo worse or better?

and then wolfu is starting to seem a bit strained and reaching just a tad when trying to continue to concoct reasons for why bozo is town. the push on Tom, claiming someone voting tom was a busser. then bozo votes a bunch of zero posters. town bozo is a rock and is very non reactive from what I recall. I remember games screaming at him in all caps and getting no reply when he was town. he just doesnt care usually what people think and once he thinks someone is scum he tends to stand by that beleif.

thats why its very weird to see such a performative reactive and bizarre bozo here. he doesnt usually do any of the things he does other than his habitual need to use gallup polling services.

tldr: I can absolutely see wolfu and neon are town taking opposing stances. What I cannot see as clearly is a world where this bozo is a town clown

Bonatogether

#435 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:06 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:27 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:22 pm
What do we make of damo actually comparing the results of bozos survey? Does scum or town damo actually care about the results? Or is it NAI?
Town damo would bring up irl stuff and what not. He rarely gets engaged with the game D1 because he doesn't feel like he has enough info to be useful.

The fact he's this engaged is weird.
i call cap, idt you've even played with town and scum damo??

brainbomb

#436 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:08 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:00 pm
brainbomb while i'm here and catching up, do you mind telling me any initial reads you have?
Town
DemonRhK
worcej
TomBomb
neon
wolfu

less town
damo

on the fence
rumi
sabi
bona
bozo
pyxxy

scum
dargo

wolfu

#437 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:09 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:53 am
well howdy there catbae. would you describe princess neon as low hanging fruit by most standards?

they seem to have terminology down but they keep making statements like “x is greater than rand likely to be town”, and I always found such statements to be very empty platitudes anyway. hearing an inexperienced player making such statements feels like efforts to show others they can play.

I had a deeper thought here but princess neon seems very inexperienced at the game while also impressionable in how they repeat buzz phrases.
wouldn't necessarily feel that she's low hanging fruit but definitely inexperienced. i have vague familiarity as i've spectated some of her games on MU and she was very townie in those and had so far not been that here

brainbomb

#438 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:11 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:09 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:53 am
well howdy there catbae. would you describe princess neon as low hanging fruit by most standards?

they seem to have terminology down but they keep making statements like “x is greater than rand likely to be town”, and I always found such statements to be very empty platitudes anyway. hearing an inexperienced player making such statements feels like efforts to show others they can play.

I had a deeper thought here but princess neon seems very inexperienced at the game while also impressionable in how they repeat buzz phrases.
wouldn't necessarily feel that she's low hanging fruit but definitely inexperienced. i have vague familiarity as i've spectated some of her games on MU and she was very townie in those and had so far not been that here
yea this was something I already retracted

wolfu

#439 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:13 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:35 am
what time zone are you?
EST

Bonatogether

#440 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:14 pm

wolfu wrote:

why say something if you don't believe it