MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#4081 Post by pyxxy » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:47 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:43 pm
pyxxy wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:40 pm
I kind of said it in the post but it was like 8ish last night? And I was told instantly (based RHK) so there's no gap in timing there
8ish your time? If you are feeling generous and can convert that into D2 time until EOD, you would be being very kind to me.
Oh right. Pyx exists. I forgot about you Pyx when Snowy pressed me for opinions on everyone. I'm sorry.
:smirk:

snowy801

#4082 Post by snowy801 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:47 pm

pyxxy wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
I kind of said it in the post but it was like 8ish last night? And I was told instantly (based RHK) so there's no gap in timing there
8ish your time? If you are feeling generous and can convert that into D2 time until EOD, you would be being very kind to me.
viewtopic.php?p=309138#p309138

You can more or less consider this post as the exact timing

(which I see now was almost 2 hours later than I previously stated but whatever)

Rumi Tobari

#4083 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:52 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:44 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:32 pm

What are your first, unsorted subjective impressions of what's going on?
It feels most of the time like Neon is more interested in defending herself than solving the mystery.

It feels like Sabi is more interested in defending the people they invited than actually openingg themself to the possibility that they might be scum.

I feels like snowy could be town, or snowy could be scum just trying to confuse the narrative.

I think Chaqa is suspicious, but people ignored me when I pointed out a contracidction in Chaqa's testimony of when they peeked, so I assumed I'm just misreading it.

Jamie and Eden are helpful in explanations, but I don't particularly trust them and have no valid reason to feel this way.

Vecna and Bo are too inactive for me to have any real opinions.

I want to believe Celaph might be town, but I'm not sure.

No strong opinions of Ghug, but Ghug seems like he might be trying to solve things.

Same with Bona, my vote for Bona relies on others' experiennce with them.

I have no opinions of worcej

RL or no, I feel its weird that rdr can post from the car saying he's in the car, but not actually vote either way on the EOD tiebreak

Part of the problem it feels ot me like that everyone is basing their reads on previous knowledge of eachother. I have no familiarity with anyone here.
This is very good, thank you.

I always say that meta reads (i.e. basing their reads on previous knowledge) is a crutch for bad players and try to live up to those words, but I do concede I sometimes fall into the trap myself so I can see why this might be frustrating.

That being said, you do not need meta knowledge to sort out a game. People's baselines are similar enough that you can conjecture alignment based on what you perceive their motivations in a game are.

That said, based on what you said above could you group a few people (doesn't have to be everyone) who you perceive to be likely to be town, and another group likely to be scum? Some reasons why would be even better
I'm having trouble really putting anything together. But I think Chaqa might be scum.

This is a thing I brought up, but at the beginning of N1, Chaqa claimed to have peeked and just found out their nametag. And he had the vote0. Later on, he told Eden that he peeked immediately and has been playing the game with the knowledge of having no vote.

That directly contradicts the whole back and forth between me and Chaqa at the beginning of N1 where Chaqa seemed not to know what his nametag meant.

I also kinda want to say Sabi. Early on Sabi swore blind that Neon was town. Not for any of the reasons that others were townreading her, but just that she was. And has vehemently defended her. I get that they're friends. But I do not find it logical to defend someone on that basis alone. And when I mention this, it gets ignored or brushed aside, so I assume the popele doing so know what they're talking about.

I am opposed to this idea that the people Sabi invited get a D1 pass. If I invite someone and I think they're guilty, I am voting them the fuck off. I don't care if htey're my closest friend or a family member. This is mafia. Anyone can be guilty. Nobody gets a D1 pass just because they're familiar.

Also. I don't care what rdr says about being busy. He could have literally random voted either way in the tie break and just hoped he was voting in the right direction.

Been like "I'm in the car, #vote (name here), I'm not sure if this breaks the tie and I can't actually check who to vote for right now, but at least I tried."

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4084 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:52 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Right I'm going back to the bar.

Ghug is either being deeply disingenuous, or I have inadvertently induced him for being disabled, which I did not realise he was. In the latter case I apologise.

Either way, Vote for Snowy or Ghug.
Alright, Jamie. I'm going to act in good faith and believe that you've forgotten. I have very bad eyes. I cannot drive. I've been open and public about this fact here on many occasions.

Now imagine you're me. You wake up, Jamie has spent the night being rude and obnoxious to anyone and everyone, and he then he makes a jab at you that looks pretty directly targeted at you. It doesn't take an iota of bad faith to reach the conclusion I did. The fact that your immediate reaction, after having just been rude to me again, is to accuse me of bad faith and then to apologize while simultaneously continuing to accuse me of being disingenuous is pretty shitty, but thanks for apologizing I guess.

I'd wish you flat and warm beer at the pub, but, well, you're in England.

Bonatogether

#4085 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:53 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:00 pm
Now I'm thinking about interlocking night action results for motive

I feel like I can hand this one off to someone else. @bona maybe?
presumably the prs can do some fuckery. would require understanding order of operations

celaph

#4086 Post by celaph » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:54 pm

I voted ghug partially because I am a little worried about him. He's creation of the Vecna wagon felt off at times and he's been rather agreeable towards me and defensive of me which just makes me concerned I'm being pocketed. At the same time, I feel like he's actually put together coherent reasons for his push to get people away from Snowy/Byz generating discussion that is protown.

More so, I was curious how rdr would respond because I prefer him to a ghug wagon. Jamie did a great post on rdr here:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:27 pm
To add to that, I feel like rdr's reaction to ghug's creation of the Vecna wagon was really inauthentic. On pg 177 he lists ghug and Vecna simply as two people that haven't impressed him alongside Bo and Snowy. The next page he votes Vecna saying that ghug could be bussing him before only later posting a scumread on Vecna, one with no connection to ghug.

If rdr had that legitimate scumread on Vecna before his vote, why didn't he speak to that scumread with his vote? And given that his scumread has nothing to do with ghug, why does he initially move to implicate ghug alongside Vecna? His initial vote reads as someone with an agenda to which he only later crafted a justification to fit.

##vote rdr

snowy801

#4087 Post by snowy801 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:55 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:53 pm
snowy801 wrote:

presumably the prs can do some fuckery. would require understanding order of operations
NIGHT ORDER OF OPERATIONS
—--
> BUS DRIVER swap
> FLORIST delivery
> COP Scan
> MAFIA kill/overkill
> DOCTOR heal

Bit late in the day to be talking about this, but I would hear your thoughts on this matter (probably EoN2, ideally)

Bonatogether

#4088 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:55 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:12 pm
GM VOTE COUNT DAY TWO THE THIRD
(hands count, through post 3968)

Princess Neon(4): snowy801, worcej, Bonatogether, President Eden
snowy801(3): Vecna, Princess Neon*, Jamiet99uk
Bonatogether(3): bo_sox48, BesharamSabi, Rumi Tobari
ghug(2): pyxxy, celaph
Vecna(1): rdrivera2005
Vecna(1): ghug
rdrivera2005(1): Chaqa

Currently, PRINCESS NEON is set to be DE-BONED

2.75ish hours remain in Day 2.
##vote snowy

on presumption we can kill him and neon

Bonatogether

#4089 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:56 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:55 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:53 pm
snowy801 wrote:

NIGHT ORDER OF OPERATIONS
—--
> BUS DRIVER swap
> FLORIST delivery
> COP Scan
> MAFIA kill/overkill
> DOCTOR heal

Bit late in the day to be talking about this, but I would hear your thoughts on this matter (probably EoN2, ideally)
noted

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4090 Post by pyxxy » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:57 pm

If D1 really was TvS, which I doubt:
- ghug looks much better at EOD, but also worse because of moving off Jamie earlier?
- Vecna looks worse
- Eden looks great?
- Bona and Jamiet look good
- Byz looks worse for trying to fight with Jamie aka possibly pushing a Jamie wagon. At the time Bo had 4 votes and Celaph had 3. Byz's vote for jamie was a quote of agreeing with Celaph...for somewhat unclear reasons? Seems very quick to say "no way that Celaph could be scum, haha".
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:10 pm
(omitted for space -pyxxy)
##VOTE Jamiet99uk
idk I got distracted, uhhhh if it was TvT then I basically feel the same way as how I currently feel about things

Rumi Tobari

#4091 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:57 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:55 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:12 pm
GM VOTE COUNT DAY TWO THE THIRD
(hands count, through post 3968)

Princess Neon(4): snowy801, worcej, Bonatogether, President Eden
snowy801(3): Vecna, Princess Neon*, Jamiet99uk
Bonatogether(3): bo_sox48, BesharamSabi, Rumi Tobari
ghug(2): pyxxy, celaph
Vecna(1): ghug
rdrivera2005(1): Chaqa

Currently, PRINCESS NEON is set to be DE-BONED

2.75ish hours remain in Day 2.
##vote snowy

on presumption we can kill him and neon
I'm honestly not sure you're scum, but voting snowy puts you second place, and I'd rather not be wrong and get you killed.
##unvote

snowy801

#4092 Post by snowy801 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:57 pm

woo a wild celaph appears pog

Kill that happy Brasilian man with a stable income and a happy wife and kids and tons of real life events he can devote his time on instead of this game wooo

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4093 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:58 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:57 pm

Kill that happy Brasilian man with a stable income and a happy wife and kids and tons of real life events he can devote his time on instead of this game wooo
Wow you jerk

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4094 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:58 pm

Can someone else take a turn interrogating pyxxy?

Rumi Tobari

#4095 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:59 pm

snowy801 wrote:

When I see things like this, I legitimately can't tell if this is just how Snowy is, or if they're trying to start something.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4096 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:00 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:59 pm
snowy801 wrote:

When I see things like this, I legitimately can't tell if this is just how Snowy is, or if they're trying to start something.
Yes

Vecna

#4097 Post by Vecna » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:00 pm

celaph wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:54 pm
I voted ghug partially because I am a little worried about him. He's creation of the Vecna wagon felt off at times and he's been rather agreeable towards me and defensive of me which just makes me concerned I'm being pocketed. At the same time, I feel like he's actually put together coherent reasons for his push to get people away from Snowy/Byz generating discussion that is protown.

More so, I was curious how rdr would respond because I prefer him to a ghug wagon. Jamie did a great post on rdr here:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
To add to that, I feel like rdr's reaction to ghug's creation of the Vecna wagon was really inauthentic. On pg 177 he lists ghug and Vecna simply as two people that haven't impressed him alongside Bo and Snowy. The next page he votes Vecna saying that ghug could be bussing him before only later posting a scumread on Vecna, one with no connection to ghug.

If rdr had that legitimate scumread on Vecna before his vote, why didn't he speak to that scumread with his vote? And given that his scumread has nothing to do with ghug, why does he initially move to implicate ghug alongside Vecna? His initial vote reads as someone with an agenda to which he only later crafted a justification to fit.

##vote rdr
huh, guess town celaph finally woke up

(he probably did ages ago, but you know, that seems like a problem for people that actually play this game actively).

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4098 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:01 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:00 pm
celaph wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:54 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:

##vote rdr
huh, guess town celaph finally woke up

(he probably did ages ago, but you know, that seems like a problem for people that actually play this game actively).
He's been awake since like mid-D1

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4099 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:02 pm

GM VOTE COUNT DAY TWO THE FOURTH
(hand count, through post 4098)

snowy801(4): Vecna, Princess Neon*, Jamiet99uk, Bonatogether
rdrivera2005(3): Chaqa, snowy801, celaph
Bonatogether(2): bo_sox48, BesharamSabi
Princess Neon(1): worcej
ghug(1): pyxxy
Chaqa(1): President Eden
BesharamSabi(1): ghug

Unvote(1): Rumi Tobari

Currently, SNOWY801 is set to be DEEP FRIED.

RUMI TOBARI must cast a legal vote.

60 minutes remain in Day 2.

snowy801

#4100 Post by snowy801 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:02 pm

Wait what the hell is the flavor in this game why's everyone being de-boned and deep fried

Culinary themed serial killer?