MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#3121 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:17 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:14 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:11 pm
Oh yea, Jamie is in my don’t kill pool, because I don’t get what the tags thing with Neon is about but I’m sure it’s a townie ploy for something or other.
Oh, just that Neon said they were visited by the Flower Vendor.

The Flower Vendor was then killed by the Mafia.

So the Mafia might very probably perhaps now be in possession of the Name Tag that Neon might have started out with.

So if it just so happens that Neon "peeked" during D1, I would say that it might be worth disclosing this information, especially if it implies that a Mafioso is now strutting around the school grounds wearing an interesting new name tag.

No?
That seems right to me. The initial vote was confusing, but admittedly I was not paying attention at the time. I just kinda figured I’d let it ride.

Reinforced feeling that you’re town to me

Jamiet99uk

#3122 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:18 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:15 pm
I hate the thread state rn lol
Good.

What are you proposing to do to improve it?

Do you think that your kewl name tag was taken away last night?
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

President Eden

#3123 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:16 pm
Ghug is absolutely coasting today, sipping Diet Mr.Pibb with one hand, occasionally shitposting or reacting with the other.
God, why Diet Mr Pibb? What the fuck ghug?

BesharamSabi

#3124 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:18 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Good.

Idk, my brain hurts rn. Can you iso ghug and Bona (I'm doing that rn and I want second opinions).

Probably. Idk. I could have been lying and had a blank name tag to fuck with mafia.

Princess Neon

#3125 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:23 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:50 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:49 am

I truly love when Jamie feels the need to shoot whatever load the game cursed him with well before it’s time to do so.
what blue balls will do to a mfer
Ain't that the fucking truth. Lately at least. Fml.

##Unvote.
I'm officially lost. Someone find me and take me home and explain the game of mafia to me.

worcej

#3126 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:22 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:03 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:47 pm

That sounds like effort. Can't I just stay here and post random quotes from the letters pages of computer programming magazines of the late 1960s?
Far be it from me to interfere!

@your actual question, I could, but maybe later, or maybe not. I’m not really in the mood to play anymore
Don't let Worcej and Ghug upset you.

I'm glad you're playing.
JFC - I have been trying so hard to not want to say this but I am over it.

I am fucking sick and tired of people pulling these emotional heart strings and getting all fucking butt hurt when people suspect them as we’re playing a game of deduction.

Several people here need to put on their adult pants and stop taking people thinking your scum so personally. It isn’t a personal attack to believe you’re playing with an ulterior motive and have flaws in your arguments.

BesharamSabi

#3127 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:22 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:23 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:50 am

what blue balls will do to a mfer
Ain't that the fucking truth. Lately at least. Fml.

##Unvote.
I'm officially lost. Someone find me and take me home and explain the game of mafia to me.
Neon have you played with Lucy yet? If not, you should definitely play with Lucy.

BesharamSabi

#3128 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:23 pm

@worcej @neon can you both also iso ghug and Bona. Need yalls. Opinions

worcej

#3129 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:26 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:13 pm
Has ghug done anything solvey. Feels like he's been running commentary from sidelines.

I could be wrong.

Need second opinions.
ghug is doing what town ghug typically does imho. He has rarely put forth cases and pushed narratives early game and usually comments on other takes to show agreement or disagreement.

worcej

#3130 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:27 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:23 pm
Gave it to you via cross post.

Jamiet99uk

#3131 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:27 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:18 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Good.

Idk, my brain hurts rn. Can you iso ghug and Bona (I'm doing that rn and I want second opinions).

Probably. Idk. I could have been lying and had a blank name tag to fuck with mafia.
Ok yes. I will start with Bona because I don't understand the votes on him.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#3132 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:22 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:52 pm

Far be it from me to interfere!

@your actual question, I could, but maybe later, or maybe not. I’m not really in the mood to play anymore

I'm glad you're playing.

I am fucking sick and tired of people pulling these emotional heart strings and getting all fucking butt hurt when people suspect them as we’re playing a game of deduction.

Several people here need to put on their adult pants and stop taking people thinking your scum so personally. It isn’t a personal attack to believe you’re playing with an ulterior motive and have flaws in your arguments.
Hey Worcej, mate.

Don't let President Eden and Ghug upset you.

I'm glad you're playing.

Rumi Tobari

#3133 Post by Rumi Tobari » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:30 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:29 pm
worcej wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I'm glad you're playing.

Hey Worcej, mate.

I'm glad you're playing.
When I read the whole exchange here. It sound so insincere and sarcastic that it's legitimately hilarious and funny. 10/10

President Eden

#3134 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:35 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:26 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Has ghug done anything solvey. Feels like he's been running commentary from sidelines.

I could be wrong.

Need second opinions.
ghug is doing what town ghug typically does imho. He has rarely put forth cases and pushed narratives early game and usually comments on other takes to show agreement or disagreement.
How do you reckon that differs from mafia ghug?

worcej

#3135 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:41 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:27 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Well, at least ghug.

Bona had some insightful commentary and deep comments on D1 that, quite honestly, blew my socks off. My understanding of his ability to play this game has improved immensely this game. FWIW, I would link the post but mobile at work makes that next to impossible.

I have considered him a lot like Damo - a low words player that uses every word to convey perspective and analysis. I think he has conveyed opinions and stances through the commentary and has been in line with his typical town gameplay.

worcej

#3136 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:29 pm
worcej wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I'm glad you're playing.

Hey Worcej, mate.

I'm glad you're playing.
And you wonder why I troll you sometimes lol

President Eden

#3137 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:46 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:41 pm
worcej wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Well, at least ghug.

Bona had some insightful commentary and deep comments on D1 that, quite honestly, blew my socks off. My understanding of his ability to play this game has improved immensely this game. FWIW, I would link the post but mobile at work makes that next to impossible.

I have considered him a lot like Damo - a low words player that uses every word to convey perspective and analysis. I think he has conveyed opinions and stances through the commentary and has been in line with his typical town gameplay.
Are we talking about the same person? Bona is routinely a very active poster who sometimes (but admittedly not always) employs walls of analysis to make his observations. I mean, SIMP analysis, hello?

worcej

#3138 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:46 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:35 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:26 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:

I could be wrong.

Need second opinions.
How do you reckon that differs from mafia ghug?
It’s the inverse of why you town me - IMHO, when ghug is scum, he is usually more invested and I feel like he presents more of his own thinking. He tries to actually steer the ship versus being a passenger.

worcej

#3139 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:51 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:46 pm
worcej wrote:
worcej wrote:
Well, at least ghug.

Are we talking about the same person? Bona is routinely a very active poster who sometimes (but admittedly not always) employs walls of analysis to make his observations. I mean, SIMP analysis, hello?
Damo also occasionally uses long winded posts.

Look at D1 - Bona had 19.54 words per post, ranking him as number 13/17 in terms of post length.

M74 was 15.31, and he was in the bottom 50% by my eye - hard to math since I cannot sort the list on mobile.

President Eden

#3140 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:55 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:51 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:46 pm
worcej wrote:
Well, at least ghug.

Damo also occasionally uses long winded posts.

Look at D1 - Bona had 19.54 words per post, ranking him as number 13/17 in terms of post length.

M74 was 15.31, and he was in the bottom 50% by my eye - hard to math since I cannot sort the list on mobile.
I don’t think words per post captures the dynamic you’re looking to capture here. Bona often does drive-by shitposts that tank his average words per post. Damo is just a man of few words period. (Not a bad thing, just a statement of fact.)

I don’t remember the last time I saw damo pumping out effort wallposts like Bona sometimes does, and he certainly explains more. That’s what’s throwing off my understanding of your comparison, I feel like he’s actually a pretty high volume poster words-wise when he actually wants to convince people of what’s going on.

I’d also be curious to see what wowed you about him D1—I know you said you’re on mobile so no rush, but he and I were basically in lockstep about Byz, so I’m kind of confused as to why you were so down on my take on Byz but wowed by Bona. (Conceding that Bona probably talked about other stuff that phase that may have caught your eye instead.)