MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#2601 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:21 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:19 pm
In full disclosure I’m probably still going to start by trying to hang snowy if I’m alive tomorrow, but I’m way less confident than before because I’m seeing ghug’s point about Byz not needing to be mafia. I think that slot has a decent chance of flipping mafia and would tell us a fair bit about D1, plus I would hate for snowy to get a total pass to coast.

Relatedly I am having a lot of difficulty processing Sabi and Neon… without dredging up previous fights, let’s simply say that my expectations for how townies should react to things do not seem calibrated to how they would react to things, and that my instinct screaming at me to hang them might be misplaced, and I haven’t worked out how to navigate that yet.

Darg has felt kind of “above the fray” to me, not in a sanctimonious way or anything, but that he’s managed not to comment in depth on a lot of the key events in the game and commit to positions. Not necessarily mafia indicative, but certainly where I might expect him to be as mafia.

Bo looks good. Rivera has passed all the questions thrown at him, and has had a couple of decent insights, so he’s probably good too. Kind of leery at Chaqa’s lower investment level but nothing serious, just wary. ghug seems fine.
Well, if you immediately peeked your card and saw you didn't have a vote, wouldn't you just spend the entire game memeing?

Why do you think I wanted to form a voting bloc? I've increased my voting power from 0 to 2/3 of a vote :)

celaph

#2602 Post by celaph » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:23 pm

I'm not fully caught up, but I should probably actually do my job instead of just reading the thread.

@Neon, when you went to bed before EoD1, did you intend to wake up before the deadline?

Your initial scumread of me was fine, though I think you're overstating my zealous in reading Byz. I then doubled my post count which you clearly noticed having responded to two of my posts though not my response to your scumread. You then proceeded to make no additional comments about me before heading to bed leaving your vote on me. You clearly didn't care if I died.

I can see you fitting in as a town who didn't have strong scumreads and was as happy with my wagon as any other, but it also doesn't feel like you were/are trying to resolve me. Why didn't you respond to my defense against your scumread? I see you now have me as "probably just town" though it's not clear where you are getting that from and feels like you are following the group wisdom.

worcej

#2603 Post by worcej » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:24 pm

President Eden wrote:
In full disclosure I’m probably still going to start by trying to hang snowy if I’m alive tomorrow, but I’m way less confident than before because I’m seeing ghug’s point about Byz not needing to be mafia. I think that slot has a decent chance of flipping mafia and would tell us a fair bit about D1, plus I would hate for snowy to get a total pass to coast.

Relatedly I am having a lot of difficulty processing Sabi and Neon… without dredging up previous fights, let’s simply say that my expectations for how townies should react to things do not seem calibrated to how they would react to things, and that my instinct screaming at me to hang them might be misplaced, and I haven’t worked out how to navigate that yet.

Darg has felt kind of “above the fray” to me, not in a sanctimonious way or anything, but that he’s managed not to comment in depth on a lot of the key events in the game and commit to positions. Not necessarily mafia indicative, but certainly where I might expect him to be as mafia.

Bo looks good. Rivera has passed all the questions thrown at him, and has had a couple of decent insights, so he’s probably good too. Kind of leery at Chaqa’s lower investment level but nothing serious, just wary. ghug seems fine.
Taking your list of opinions and utilizing them for my own gain here, but…

Neon > Darg > Sabi > Snobyz > rdr > ghug > Chaqa > bo

In terms of “who I would like to die tomorrow”

President Eden

#2604 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:24 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:21 pm
President Eden wrote:

Well, if you immediately peeked your card and saw you didn't have a vote, wouldn't you just spend the entire game memeing?

Why do you think I wanted to form a voting bloc? I've increased my voting power from 0 to 2/3 of a vote :)
I can’t fault that approach too much, but I know you know from setup review that several night actions switch nametags with the target.

Uhhhhh—

No, really, I know you know.

Yea abou—

shhhhhh.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2605 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:26 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:24 pm
Chaqa wrote:
President Eden wrote:

I can’t fault that approach too much, but I know you know from setup review that several night actions switch nametags with the target.

Uhhhhh—

No, really, I know you know.

Yea abou—

shhhhhh.
Well yes, but who would swap nametags with me now? I've outsmarted them all snd am now basically a named townie that you lose your voting power if you kill.

Rumi Tobari

#2606 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:26 pm

President Eden wrote:
Speaking of Chaqa, given that he's given me the vast majority of my posts +1s (I checked in my profile), I'm starting to wonder if he's actually serious about suspecting me or if it's just a meme at this point.
Chaqa wrote:

Well, that kind of settles it. Also, does this mean that you are acknowledging that you knew what your nametag meant from the start but just were pretending you didn't? And I'd kind of like to draw attention to your use of the word immediately here.
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:51 pm
I just peaked my nametag and it said I'm Rodney Farva
So did you peek your nametag from the start, or did you do it after EoD?

worcej

#2607 Post by worcej » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:27 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:24 pm
This game is going to send me to therapy
We do that here

President Eden

#2608 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:27 pm

You know I feel way better about the flagrant vote bloc buddying thing now

And also silly for not putting it together sooner. But that’s ok

celaph

#2609 Post by celaph » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:28 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:00 pm
Wtf?
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:00 pm
Wtf?
@rdr, what was this reaction in response to?

I assumed at the time that you disliked Pyxxy's vote, though the 8 seconds between his post and yours makes the timing there very tight so I'm not so sure.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2610 Post by pyxxy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:28 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:26 pm
Well yes, but who would swap nametags with me now? I've outsmarted them all snd am now basically a named townie that you lose your voting power if you kill.
He does it again, folks! Mech man to the rescue!

worcej

#2611 Post by worcej » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:29 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm
I'm not going to take the toxic bait lol

I don't have the mental capacity or the emotional bandwidth to give yall the reaction you want me to have.

I'm just sitting back and just watching willage!lol happen
It was 100% not a bait question - Jamie made a statement about your ability and I wanted to assess his overall opinion.

worcej

#2612 Post by worcej » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:31 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:36 pm
If I flip Town then who?

If i flip mafia then who?
Neon, celaph

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2613 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:32 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Speaking of Chaqa, given that he's given me the vast majority of my posts +1s (I checked in my profile), I'm starting to wonder if he's actually serious about suspecting me or if it's just a meme at this point.
Chaqa wrote:

Well, that kind of settles it. Also, does this mean that you are acknowledging that you knew what your nametag meant from the start but just were pretending you didn't? And I'd kind of like to draw attention to your use of the word immediately here.
Chaqa wrote:
Chaqa +1s every post to keep track of where he is.

Rumi Tobari

#2614 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:32 pm
I'd still like some answers on when exactly he peeked.

worcej

#2615 Post by worcej » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:34 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:44 pm
This was as of last night, it probably needs updating but I gotta go. I will try to remember why people are where they are if you ask me :grin:

Solid Town: I’m realistically never voting these people.
  • Bona, Rumi
Satisfactory Town: They’re not yet in the “never voting” category, but looking good so far to me.
  • celaph, Chaqa, ghug, Jamie, worcej
Passing Town: They’re ahead of the suspects, and I have reason to townread them, but I’m still kinda wary because I can see reasons to scumread them too.
  • Sabi, Neon, rivera, Vecna
Suspicious: I don’t feel I’ve got any clear reason to townread these guys. Given that I’ve got at least something for a lot of other people, that speaks volumes.
  • bo, darg, pyxxy
Target Locked: They have to go… okay fine it’s one guy, whatever.
  • snowy801
I swear all you ever do is list Bona in a ‘will not vote’ group

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2616 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:35 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Chaqa wrote:
I will leave that post not +1'd in order to sow discord.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2617 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:35 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:33 pm
ghug wrote:
Oh man, I hope I haven't peaked yet.

President Eden

#2618 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:37 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:34 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:44 pm
This was as of last night, it probably needs updating but I gotta go. I will try to remember why people are where they are if you ask me :grin:

Solid Town: I’m realistically never voting these people.
  • Bona, Rumi
Satisfactory Town: They’re not yet in the “never voting” category, but looking good so far to me.
  • celaph, Chaqa, ghug, Jamie, worcej
Passing Town: They’re ahead of the suspects, and I have reason to townread them, but I’m still kinda wary because I can see reasons to scumread them too.
  • Sabi, Neon, rivera, Vecna
Suspicious: I don’t feel I’ve got any clear reason to townread these guys. Given that I’ve got at least something for a lot of other people, that speaks volumes.
  • bo, darg, pyxxy
Target Locked: They have to go… okay fine it’s one guy, whatever.
  • snowy801
I swear all you ever do is list Bona in a ‘will not vote’ group
I mean I’m batting a thousand so far…

But yea I do kinda have to admit that he hasn’t had the zeal this night phase that I’m used to. And I’m pretty sure I caught him booting up HOI4 while I was home for lunch, so it’s not school yet. :grin:

worcej

#2619 Post by worcej » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:38 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:06 pm
Anyway I really do hate that we chat during the night. I used to like it before I tried out other sites. I dunno I have been converted. Night time should be used to have breaking from the game and to reflect on it.

I think this is why we have the whole midgame apathy issue because no one takes a mental break from the game.

Just my two cents.
I also wish we adhered to this but open night chat is kinda the webDiplo quirk for mafia

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2620 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:38 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:35 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:33 pm
ghug wrote:
Oh man, I hope I haven't peaked yet.
Me too, for your sake.