MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#2441 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:52 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:49 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:42 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:39 pm

Okay everyone. Let's all shut the fuck up. Because this is not productive at all.

I was wrong for having opinions. Like always before the banhammer drops. I apologize. I won't do it again.

Instead of doing this petty thing where we back and forth. Lets actually discuss relevent shit. Admittedly my only example of relevence is where the fuck was rdr at tiebreak?
If I were going to ban you for having opinions I would have to ban productive members of our site that have opinions such as Mapleleaf, Draugnar, Tettleton’s Chew, and ghug
I hope you die painfully.
I get within a couple football fields of tornadoes for fun so that’s probably gonna happen

President Eden

#2442 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:52 pm

** demagoguing

Thanks autocorrect -_-

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2443 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:53 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:52 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:41 pm
And if I just want to avoid being involved I could have just disappeared, I was really trying to avoid a close EOD to avoid a tie, but the votes started to swap around and I just can't see who was in the lead.

About driving I was hoping to get home before EOD but it took a bit longer, I just say that I was driving because Vecna said I wasn't defending Damo.
This is all reasonable but how long after EOD did you get home? Why not post when you got home explaining why you didn't vote?
Because I had better things to do like staying with my family?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2444 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:53 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:50 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:47 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:44 pm
This was as of last night, it probably needs updating but I gotta go. I will try to remember why people are where they are if you ask me :grin:

Solid Town: I’m realistically never voting these people.
  • Bona, Rumi
Satisfactory Town: They’re not yet in the “never voting” category, but looking good so far to me.
  • celaph, Chaqa, ghug, Jamie, worcej
Passing Town: They’re ahead of the suspects, and I have reason to townread them, but I’m still kinda wary because I can see reasons to scumread them too.
  • Sabi, Neon, rivera, Vecna
Suspicious: I don’t feel I’ve got any clear reason to townread these guys. Given that I’ve got at least something for a lot of other people, that speaks volumes.
  • bo, darg, pyxxy
Target Locked: They have to go… okay fine it’s one guy, whatever.
  • snowy801
Have you read what I posted about rdr
Yes, that was literally a copy pasted list that’s 12 hrs old. You would probably move up, I need to think about it more
Ok. Less curious about me and more curious about rdr, but I guess I appreciate the maybe townread that you have to think about more?

BesharamSabi

#2445 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:54 pm

President Eden wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Both eden and Rumi are tunneled right now. I am trying to get them to do this excerise to get them to widen their tunnel otherwise the game is going to be stalled due to it.

Idk someone who I think is one of the best players taught me this since I used to have tunnel problem. It recenters you.
Your friend is either a giant jerk who spent the last several hours of D1 lying and demagoguery to his teammates before unceremoniously dipping and leaving snowy to clean up his mess, or he’s mafia. That’s not tunneled, that’s facts. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt as a person and assuming he was mafia grandstanding to survive a day.
Can you please just do the excerise eden.

I am not even shielding that slot anymore since snowy subbed in.

Just try the excerise.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2446 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:54 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
ghug wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:42 pm

If I were going to ban you for having opinions I would have to ban productive members of our site that have opinions such as Mapleleaf, Draugnar, Tettleton’s Chew, and ghug
I hope you die painfully.
I get within a couple football fields of tornadoes for fun so that’s probably gonna happen
Too quick

Rumi Tobari

#2447 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:54 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:47 pm
Well I'm trying to make you widen your tunnel that's firmly on me so you are considering other avenues otherwise once you flip me you are back to day one mode.

So Rumi, if I flip mafia who looks good and who looks bad. Same question but if I flip Town.
That's because you act in obvious ways. For the record if you're mafia, I think Neon is innocent. If you're town, I think Neon could be scum.

I definitely think Byz/snowy might be scum. And Chaqa is town. (but if I'm NKed, assume I changed my mind) Those are the only stances I'm willing to commit to.
President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:44 pm
Suspicious: I don’t feel I’ve got any clear reason to townread these guys. Given that I’ve got at least something for a lot of other people, that speaks volumes.
  • bo, darg, pyxxy
Target Locked: They have to go… okay fine it’s one guy, whatever.
  • snowy801
That said, if Sabi and Snowy are innocent, I'm personally more inclined to scumread Pyx over the other two. The other two at least felt marginally more participatory than Pyx?

Of course, I'm notoriously bad at reading everyone. Its why I stick to static mysteries like games and books rather than social situations. Why couldn't we all be doing a nice room escape together.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2448 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:55 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:54 pm
President Eden wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Both eden and Rumi are tunneled right now. I am trying to get them to do this excerise to get them to widen their tunnel otherwise the game is going to be stalled due to it.

Idk someone who I think is one of the best players taught me this since I used to have tunnel problem. It recenters you.
Your friend is either a giant jerk who spent the last several hours of D1 lying and demagoguery to his teammates before unceremoniously dipping and leaving snowy to clean up his mess, or he’s mafia. That’s not tunneled, that’s facts. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt as a person and assuming he was mafia grandstanding to survive a day.

Just try the excerise.
Did you miss when I asked Eden who Byz's teammates were and he answered me?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2449 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:55 pm

Trust me being shrapneled to death by wooden splinters and sharpened corn stalks while getting thrown through the air before landing several hundred yards away and moaning in agony for many minutes before blood loss ends my trauma would not be quick

BesharamSabi

#2450 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:56 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:55 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Just try the excerise.
Did you miss when I asked Eden who Byz's teammates were and he answered me?
Yea? Where is that

President Eden

#2451 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:56 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Just try the excerise.
I kind of did already, but I don’t really see the need to accede to your demands when they’re built on a faulty premise. Is your friend a giant jerk or not? If he is, that’s way more useful for helping me escape my tunnel than anything else you could do. If he’s not, how is it a tunnel to be calling out mafia for behaving as mafia do?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2452 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:57 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
I should note that rdr being scum really only makes sense if snowy/byz is town, which was my original premise that led me down this road. But if that’s wrong then rdr is probably town - or really stupid scum, so stupid that he looks good for it
Actually on this note, Jamie you jumped all over rdrivera the moment I exposed an opportunity, but you were also a leader on Byz all of day 1. Has your read on byz/snowy changed so much that you feel rdr is “down to rights” as I believe you said?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2453 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:57 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:46 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:30 pm

We crossposted, but I genuinely don’t think people were reading my exchanges with Byz. The people who indicated they were (Bona, Chaqa, Rumi, Jamie) are coincidentally all the ones who locked onto Byz and never wavered.
I think you’re stuck in a tunnel. Byz didn’t avail himself well late in the day, but nothing that suggests he absolutely had to be scum as opposed to distracted town with an ego problem. I imagine you have more specifics on why you feel that way in your wallpost.

Who are plausible partners for Byz? I struggle to see that EoD stagnation as scum v town. Vecna and I are realistically out. Probably pyx too. You’re basically saying his teammates were:
a) bussing, but the only people pushing him memorably were you and Jamie
b) voting damo but not advocating it at all, which to me means just Sabi or darg
c) absent, which maybe you could argue was rd avoiding EoD but I think really j just means bo
I…… actually don’t :grin:

I started with top towns on down and never got to the suspicious people :grin:

BUT! I did have darg in the suspicious people, so yes. And I could see Sabi making that type of play under the cover of out-of-game friendship. I actually had a cheeky “Byz / Sabi / darg / X, cya tomorrow” post lined up after it became apparent damo was flipping, but I can’t actually bring myself to stop participating (as you well know!).

All that said—I think you’re right that it doesn’t have to come from mafia. On reflection on the drive back for lunch, I realize that I just don’t want to believe Byz is town and acted as he did. If you want a not-totally-implausible reason why, I don’t think Sabi would mix well personally with somebody like that enough to invite him to play. But that’s mostly a just-so story to mask the fact that I’m invested not so much in the glory of catching mafia d1 so much as just not wanting to believe that Byz was my teammate and behaved like he did.

BesharamSabi

#2454 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:58 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:56 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Just try the excerise.
I kind of did already, but I don’t really see the need to accede to your demands when they’re built on a faulty premise. Is your friend a giant jerk or not? If he is, that’s way more useful for helping me escape my tunnel than anything else you could do. If he’s not, how is it a tunnel to be calling out mafia for behaving as mafia do?
In games he's a jerk. That's how he plays.

Outside of games he's not.

President Eden

#2455 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:59 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:56 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:

Just try the excerise.
In games he's a jerk. That's how he plays.

Outside of games he's not.
Alright, noted.

More later, maybe even including an exercise

BesharamSabi

#2456 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:59 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:57 pm
President Eden wrote:
ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:46 pm

I think you’re stuck in a tunnel. Byz didn’t avail himself well late in the day, but nothing that suggests he absolutely had to be scum as opposed to distracted town with an ego problem. I imagine you have more specifics on why you feel that way in your wallpost.

Who are plausible partners for Byz? I struggle to see that EoD stagnation as scum v town. Vecna and I are realistically out. Probably pyx too. You’re basically saying his teammates were:
a) bussing, but the only people pushing him memorably were you and Jamie
b) voting damo but not advocating it at all, which to me means just Sabi or darg
c) absent, which maybe you could argue was rd avoiding EoD but I think really j just means bo

BUT! I did have darg in the suspicious people, so yes. And I could see Sabi making that type of play under the cover of out-of-game friendship. I actually had a cheeky “Byz / Sabi / darg / X, cya tomorrow” post lined up after it became apparent damo was flipping, but I can’t actually bring myself to stop participating (as you well know!).

All that said—I think you’re right that it doesn’t have to come from mafia. On reflection on the drive back for lunch, I realize that I just don’t want to believe Byz is town and acted as he did. If you want a not-totally-implausible reason why, I don’t think Sabi would mix well personally with somebody like that enough to invite him to play. But that’s mostly a just-so story to mask the fact that I’m invested not so much in the glory of catching mafia d1 so much as just not wanting to believe that Byz was my teammate and behaved like he did.
He mentions me and Darg as possible teammates but not you?

snowy801

#2457 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:59 pm

I'm just here for bo's increasingly elaborate death scenarios

ghug must be so happy

Rumi Tobari

#2458 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:00 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Just try the excerise.
I think instead of pushing, we need to accept that some of us have volitile personalities (with myself on the more volatile and reactionayr end of htat) that respond negatively to certain cues and social stimuli and that we all need to sit down and try to handle this in a more netural way than just.

Case in point: pushing Eden to do this exercise is only going to aggravate the sitatuon further.

And I apologize for my constant explosions which discredit me from actually trying to de-eescalate and diplomatize with everyone.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2459 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:00 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:59 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:57 pm
President Eden wrote:

He mentions me and Darg as possible teammates but not you?
Yes, he answered me. He didn't answer "ghug".

BesharamSabi

#2460 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:01 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:00 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Just try the excerise.
I think instead of pushing, we need to accept that some of us have volitile personalities (with myself on the more volatile and reactionayr end of htat) that respond negatively to certain cues and social stimuli and that we all need to sit down and try to handle this in a more netural way than just.

Case in point: pushing Eden to do this exercise is only going to aggravate the sitatuon further.

And I apologize for my constant explosions which discredit me from actually trying to de-eescalate and diplomatize with everyone.
Rumi, you're great. I know how to handle eden. I have known him for a year.