MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#2381 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:19 pm

You know what snowy you’re right, I figure obvious sarcasm is obvious but I can see scenarios where that could go badly. Won’t do it again and that probably should be a rule.

Jamiet99uk

#2382 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:19 pm

By the way, post edits or not, Bo_Sox has Rdrivera bang to rights here.

Rdrivera said he'd be around at EoD to break a tie if that was a risk.

There was a tie, or the risk of a tie, in the last few minutes to EoD.

Rdrivera was around at EoD.

Rdrivera did nothing to attempt to break the tie.

Plain, indisputable facts.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Princess Neon

#2383 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:20 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:07 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:30 pm
Getting in one big thought before I start work for the day and possibly miss the rest of N1.

Sabi is town vs. Sabi is scum

We need to fit the following actions into one of these:
- Claimed to have PEEKed during middle of D1
- Tried to (joke, in their words) wagon themself
- Claimed the Deathbomb nametag

My opinion remains "What the fuck".

But with time to think about it, I can see a few explanations.

- "Sabi didn't think that hard about nametags"
I don't know if I believe this. They talked about how they're better at playing now. This seems like a level of impulsivity that I wouldn't expect any more. On the other hand, it seems like only 2-3 people are seriously thinking about nametags (in public).

- "Sabi is scum and knows we won't DK the Deathbomb"
Slightly more believable and better to claim it now than when they're under pressure and already a wagon. Except if scum!Sabi really did peek, I would expect scum to keep that information private and try to position the Deathbomb nametag
I know Sabi is goign to write a long textwall calling me out on saying this. But he was totally white knighting Neon. He has already denied any relationship beyond friendship, and I accept that explanation. But you can still white knight someone who you have a completely platonic relationship with.

everything about this makes me angry lol. Just an FYI Sabis pronouns are they/ them. Sabi having a read on me and defending it is hardly white knightongsince they are the only person with even a vague understanding of my town meta. Granted they have no idea how i can replicate that as scum since I'm almost never scum in mafia for some reason but they are the only person to even understand anything about my meta. And having linked a scum game of mine i think they also have at least some understanding of my scum meta

A personal e xample I experienced is a P2W player who attempted to do so with me in Conflict of Nations: WWIII, then sexually harassed me out of ever playing the game again. Its not a good example, but there doesn't even ened to be a relationship to white knight someone.

I don't see the connection here

This said. I want to say one of either Sabi or Neon are scum.

Early on, Sabi said Neon was town declaratively and refused to elaborate or even justify it with all the reasons that people have been townreading Neon. I asked about this / pointed this out and got no reply or input from others, but that might have been an issue of me not asking directly enough. Admitting to the deathbomb thing seems kind of... why the fuck do you do this, and the timing in which he admitted it.

see the above

Also, Sabi's early back and forth with Eden about eachother factors into this analyisis, but I still don't know if their whole thing means anything conclusive.

On Neon's side
Also, Neon got extremely defenseive when challenged. She answered my wariness on her overt defensiveness with this:
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 pm
Defensiveness is well within my meta as scum and town it is highly NAI
This doesn't actually explain anything though. If anything, that outright admits that defensiveness is potentially indicative of her being scum.

correct it is NAI it is neither more likely as town or as scum

There's also this that I find kind of awkward.
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:32 am
I think we should give snowy an independent chance to prove the nature of their own slot and not base the reads on the slot on another player who was admittedly busy and clearly overwhelmed by the activity and expectations in this game and unready to balance it with other commitments.
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:07 am
I will certainly take the play of Byz in when reading Snowy but I just don't want us to come in already having decided on the slots guilt.
These don't look like contridictory statements. But they are.

The first one is saying "We will not judge Snowy based on Byz's actions."
THe second one says "I will not declare Snowy guilty based on Byz's actions, but I will take them into account"

She goes from "Byz's actions don't matter in reference to Snowy" to "Byz's actions will be considered. That's a pretty big flipflop. If she and Byz/snowy are both scum, that could be indicative of an attempt to throw Snowy under the bus to prove her bona fides.

Additionally, sabi's constant defense of Neon and the fact that we ahve all townread her would be perfect cover if she were scum. This said, I am most strongly leaning towards Sabi being scum. (if its both of them, then I suck and deserve whatever happens for really not wanting to believe that could be possible)

And I would like to point out before anyone reads too much into this analysis that it relies extremely heavily on supposition and assumption rather than actual fact.

By the way: i am becoming extremely tempted to manually record every poster and post time into a spreadsheet to determine everyone's general availability and determine if Neon was actually busy or intentionally absent during EoD.

I work overnights. I had a job interview in the morning i got home late and went to bed late and woke up late. My boyfriend let me sleep in because of how tired I was and Istruggle to fall asleep in general. Don't read my schedule into my alignment in FoL i missed every single EoD that will not happen here because it better aligns with my schedule
Answers in quote

Princess Neon

#2384 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:22 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:12 pm
Names also shouldn't be edited but that's not really a hill I'm going to die on

But the content of a post should be inviolable or it'd be an absolute sludgefest trying to make sure every quote matches the original quote
Editing names and quotes is the single most annoying thing I've seen this game

Jamiet99uk

#2385 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:22 pm

Guak wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:19 pm
Snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:15 pm
Guak wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:14 pm

Can you spell it out to me like I'm as dumb as a sack of potatoes?
post 2356 final quote
Oh yeah that's fucked.

I'll bring it up with the Esoteric Order of Dagon after the game, but for now I don't know what to do, since bo just feeds on public chastising.
You people are making a fuss about nothing in particular.

Bo_Sox edited a post as a joke, and then immediately afterwards, in his next post, provided the actual, un-edited post and made it clear that he was doing so.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

President Eden

#2386 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:23 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:22 pm
Guak wrote:
Snowy801 wrote:

post 2356 final quote
Oh yeah that’s fucked.

I’ll bring it up with the Esoteric Order of Dagon after the game, but for now I don’t know what to do, since bo just feeds on public chastising.

Bo_Sox edited a post as a joke, and then immediately afterwards, in his next post, provided the actual, un-edited post and made it clear that he was doing so.
Oh my God, I’m in the Twilight Zone. :lol:

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2387 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:24 pm

#cancelculture

snowy801

#2388 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

But the content of a post should be inviolable or it'd be an absolute sludgefest trying to make sure every quote matches the original quote
There's exactly two people who do it
Simple problem to solve imo

Princess Neon

#2389 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:24 pm

This game is going to send me to therapy

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2390 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:25 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:24 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

There's exactly two people who do it
Simple problem to solve imo
Go back to our old forum so quotes don’t exist?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2391 Post by pyxxy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Guak wrote:
Snowy801 wrote:

post 2356 final quote
Oh yeah that's fucked.

I'll bring it up with the Esoteric Order of Dagon after the game, but for now I don't know what to do, since bo just feeds on public chastising.

Man who regularly edits posts defends editing posts, news at 11

but Bo said sorry so I rescind my annoying response post ty Bo for clarifying

this topic is stupid let's focus back on Bo's substance on RDR being EOD sus

snowy801

#2392 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
By the way, post edits or not, Bo_Sox has Rdrivera bang to rights here.

Rdrivera said he'd be around at EoD to break a tie if that was a risk.

There was a tie, or the risk of a tie, in the last few minutes to EoD.

Rdrivera was around at EoD.

Rdrivera did nothing to attempt to break the tie.

Plain, indisputable facts.
I'm not at EoD1 yet so what do you think this implies about rdrivera and the wagons, that he did not make this attempt?

President Eden

#2393 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:46 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:30 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm
I think I’m tentatively putting snowy in my town pool. It’s hard to see that EoD having a scum on the block unless we had some very specific teams.
We crossposted, but I genuinely don’t think people were reading my exchanges with Byz. The people who indicated they were (Bona, Chaqa, Rumi, Jamie) are coincidentally all the ones who locked onto Byz and never wavered.
I think you’re stuck in a tunnel. Byz didn’t avail himself well late in the day, but nothing that suggests he absolutely had to be scum as opposed to distracted town with an ego problem. I imagine you have more specifics on why you feel that way in your wallpost.

Who are plausible partners for Byz? I struggle to see that EoD stagnation as scum v town. Vecna and I are realistically out. Probably pyx too. You’re basically saying his teammates were:
a) bussing, but the only people pushing him memorably were you and Jamie
b) voting damo but not advocating it at all, which to me means just Sabi or darg
c) absent, which maybe you could argue was rd avoiding EoD but I think really j just means bo
I…… actually don’t :grin:

I started with top towns on down and never got to the suspicious people :grin:

BUT! I did have darg in the suspicious people, so yes. And I could see Sabi making that type of play under the cover of out-of-game friendship. I actually had a cheeky “Byz / Sabi / darg / X, cya tomorrow” post lined up after it became apparent damo was flipping, but I can’t actually bring myself to stop participating (as you well know!).

All that said—I think you’re right that it doesn’t have to come from mafia. On reflection on the drive back for lunch, I realize that I just don’t want to believe Byz is town and acted as he did. If you want a not-totally-implausible reason why, I don’t think Sabi would mix well personally with somebody like that enough to invite him to play. But that’s mostly a just-so story to mask the fact that I’m invested not so much in the glory of catching mafia d1 so much as just not wanting to believe that Byz was my teammate and behaved like he did.

BesharamSabi

#2394 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm

I'm not going to take the toxic bait lol

I don't have the mental capacity or the emotional bandwidth to give yall the reaction you want me to have.

I'm just sitting back and just watching willage!lol happen

President Eden

#2395 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:29 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm
I’m not going to take the toxic bait lol

I don’t have the mental capacity or the emotional bandwidth to give yall the reaction you want me to have.

I’m just sitting back and just watching willage!lol happen
scumclaim

cope + seethe + ratio + L + touch grass

Rumi Tobari

#2396 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:31 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:20 pm
A personal e xample I experienced is a P2W player who attempted to do so with me in Conflict of Nations: WWIII, then sexually harassed me out of ever playing the game again. Its not a good example, but there doesn't even ened to be a relationship to white knight someone.

I don't see the connection here
The connection is that Sabi has previously called me out for saying that its not white knighting because you two are just friends, and I am saying that white knighting in a just friends context is completely possible.

All Sabi has done is defend you. The whole game. Neon is town. Don't bully Neon out of the game. I know Neon, she's town. You people better not make Neon quit.

Ad nauseum. He just will not quit making it clear that we have to treat you well and that you're innocent.

You're friends outside the game. We know you're friends outside the game. But that's not a valid reason to defend her so excessively. This is mafia. Anyone could be scum. Sabi could be scum. You could be scum. I could be scum. So his constant defense of you has no basis in logic here.

BesharamSabi

#2397 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:31 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:29 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm
I’m not going to take the toxic bait lol

I don’t have the mental capacity or the emotional bandwidth to give yall the reaction you want me to have.

I’m just sitting back and just watching willage!lol happen
scumclaim

cope + seethe + ratio + L + touch grass
Caught me.

Oh noes.

President Eden

#2398 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:31 pm

I broke the button on my jacket

Fucking kill me

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2399 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:31 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:00 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:07 pm
Jamie and Chaqa need to get a room. Pyxxy and Besharam are both awful and Besharam is my top scumread right now. Vecna is really good at saying things that make sense and doing absolutely nothing with those things and it drives me insane. PE and Rumi have spent so much time obvtowning that I don’t think I need to read their posts as anything but well intentioned anymore. That EOD sucked which probably means that much of the mafia team sat out. To me that points toward it being town v town.

This has been a breaking news update from me, your host, bo_sox48.
This take is bad and you should feel bad
Check mate damn you got me

BesharamSabi

#2400 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:32 pm

How tf do you keep fucking up my pronouns in the worst way possible lol