MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#2341 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm

@Snowy:

What do you make of your predecessor asserting that I spent D1 only voting for lowposters, whilst also apparently simultaneously thinking that I had parked my vote on PE, the second most active person in the game on D1?

When pressed on this point, Byz refused to elucidate and began to totally flake out. Can you think of any reason that might have been?
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2342 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm

I think I'm tentatively putting snowy in my town pool. It's hard to see that EoD having a scum on the block unless we had some very specific teams.

Jamiet99uk

#2343 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:26 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:22 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:20 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm
It really doesn’t - I actually thought the bus driver is nerfed in this setup.
Well my thinking, since you wish to discuss it, was that the Florist had a one-shot ability to check another player's PEEK claim, by visiting them and then peeking in the morning.

But the Bus Driver interferes with that, you see?
We're on the same page. I have a wallpost for you soon.
Oh lovely.

snowy801

#2344 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:26 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:58 am
@snowy
Thanks for subbing. May your enjoyment be proportional to how much the room ends up enjoying you.

If you could stretch your awareness and your brain, would yiu have voted for byz yesterday?
That's extremely rude

And yes

Jamiet99uk

#2345 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:27 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm
I think I'm tentatively putting snowy in my town pool. It's hard to see that EoD having a scum on the block unless we had some very specific teams.
pools considered harmful

snowy801

#2346 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
@Snowy:

What do you make of your predecessor asserting that I spent D1 only voting for lowposters, whilst also apparently simultaneously thinking that I had parked my vote on PE, the second most active person in the game on D1?

When pressed on this point, Byz refused to elucidate and began to totally flake out. Can you think of any reason that might have been?
idk bro I'm on page 25

President Eden

#2347 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:28 pm

I made a pretty rough strategic decision of not finishing my reread and traditional wallpost before work today, and it’s all saved on my PC at home. I can get access to it over lunch but I don’t think I’m gonna have the typical War and Peace style tome explaining where I’m at with everybody. I’m sure you’re all so disappointed…

My best recollection of my conclusions follows in case something happens and I don’t get to finish a reread over lunch.

• I am nearly 100% convinced that Byz was mafia because I simply cannot work out a world where Byz’s behavior makes sense as town. Were he actually town, his chosen tactic to finish the day was atrocious. I think he rightly perceived from the fact that he wasn’t getting dogpiled that most townies weren’t actually reading closely enough to see that he was flat-out lying, and rightly reasoned that doubling down on chutzpah and maintaining an unflinching air of moral self-confidence would get him out of the day.

• Relatedly, I think the damo wagon was motivated predominantly by a lack of confidence that Byz was mafia rather than a belief damo was mafia. I think damo died because he went inactive for a long stretch to end Day 1, and the gut reaction from people was that they’d rather default to the absent guy on Day 1 and catch the talker later. This is reinforced by the fact that there were a LOT of vanity wagons even very late into Day 1—strongly suggesting a lack of confidence in either prevailing option. Some of these people are mafia, obviously, but I think there’s a lot of townies who just didn’t care about Byz’s lying because it came off like annoying-to-read drama. worcej’s reaction stands out to me as someone who just didn’t really care to read a bunch of pages of arguing and sided with Byz because Byz spoke with absolute self-confidence (even as he nakedly lied about everything).

I should at least be able to post a reads list at lunch. I had some lengthy reasoning banged out for about half the players, but unfortunately I worked from top town on down, so most of it is probably reinforcing things that people already know or believe (eg, Rumi lock town, worcej solid town) and not really getting to any spicy conclusions.

snowy801

#2348 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:29 pm

Also what's this harmful stuff about I feel like I missed something

President Eden

#2349 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:30 pm

ghug wrote:
We crossposted, but I genuinely don’t think people were reading my exchanges with Byz. The people who indicated they were (Bona, Chaqa, Rumi, Jamie) are coincidentally all the ones who locked onto Byz and never wavered.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2350 Post by pyxxy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:30 pm

Getting in one big thought before I start work for the day and possibly miss the rest of N1.

Sabi is town vs. Sabi is scum

We need to fit the following actions into one of these:
- Claimed to have PEEKed during middle of D1
- Tried to (joke, in their words) wagon themself
- Claimed the Deathbomb nametag

My opinion remains "What the fuck".

But with time to think about it, I can see a few explanations.

- "Sabi didn't think that hard about nametags"
I don't know if I believe this. They talked about how they're better at playing now. This seems like a level of impulsivity that I wouldn't expect any more. On the other hand, it seems like only 2-3 people are seriously thinking about nametags (in public).

- "Sabi is scum and knows we won't DK the Deathbomb"
Slightly more believable and better to claim it now than when they're under pressure and already a wagon. Except if scum!Sabi really did peek, I would expect scum to keep that information private and try to position the Deathbomb nametag

The more interesting thing is that we have almost no way of proving Sabi's claim. The Florist is behind the Bus Driver in the night order, so even if Florist delivered + peeked on D2, there's no way for town to confirm Sabi's claim unless the Florist actually gets the Deathbomb tag.

And then if the Florist does get the tag, they can't claim immediately (imo) because it reveals their PR, they have to wait another night and then claim and hope town believes it?

And even that isn't 100% accurate because you could have some schenanigans like Bus Driver does Bus Driver -> Sabi -> the Florist (by chance) and the Florist does Florist <-> Sabi and suddenly Deathbomb is on the Bus Driver and we all think Sabi is lying scum.

So, and maybe this isn't an original thought, also it's maybe too late -- I don't think town should use any PR tonight towards figuring out if Sabi is telling the truth or not.

As Jamie noted, the Florist has an attempt at one PEEK confirmation. I don't think we should use it tonight.

President Eden

#2351 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:32 pm

And I mean, obviously I’m an interested party in all that, but I don’t think all five of us voting Byz were. Certainly Rumi wasn’t at least.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2352 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:37 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:27 pm
ghug wrote:
pools considered harmful
cores considered harmful

pools are fine provided one has the ability to swim or a nice noodle

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2353 Post by pyxxy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:38 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:28 pm
there’s a lot of townies who just didn’t care about Byz’s lying because it came off like annoying-to-read drama
And I'd do it again! :razz:

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2354 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:46 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:30 pm
ghug wrote:
We crossposted, but I genuinely don’t think people were reading my exchanges with Byz. The people who indicated they were (Bona, Chaqa, Rumi, Jamie) are coincidentally all the ones who locked onto Byz and never wavered.
I think you're stuck in a tunnel. Byz didn't avail himself well late in the day, but nothing that suggests he absolutely had to be scum as opposed to distracted town with an ego problem. I imagine you have more specifics on why you feel that way in your wallpost.

Who are plausible partners for Byz? I struggle to see that EoD stagnation as scum v town. Vecna and I are realistically out. Probably pyx too. You're basically saying his teammates were:
a) bussing, but the only people pushing him memorably were you and Jamie
b) voting damo but not advocating it at all, which to me means just Sabi or darg
c) absent, which maybe you could argue was rd avoiding EoD but I think really j just means bo

snowy801

#2355 Post by snowy801 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:54 pm

stop it ghug you're the worst

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2356 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:58 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:51 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:08 pm
Oh, and rdr is doing that thing he did the last time I saw him as scum where he mentions that everything and everyone sucks and then gives himself an alibi until everyone forgets it happened so he doesn’t have to go into detail.
I really don't get where I said anyone sucks in this game. In fact I have a lot of town reads and don't have any strong scum read so either you are confusing me with other player or just plain inventing things which is weird.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:43 pm
Everything and everyone sucks
See it now? It’s here, it’s a direct quote

Princess Neon

#2357 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:00 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:07 pm
Jamie and Chaqa need to get a room. Pyxxy and Besharam are both awful and Besharam is my top scumread right now. Vecna is really good at saying things that make sense and doing absolutely nothing with those things and it drives me insane. PE and Rumi have spent so much time obvtowning that I don’t think I need to read their posts as anything but well intentioned anymore. That EOD sucked which probably means that much of the mafia team sat out. To me that points toward it being town v town.

This has been a breaking news update from me, your host, bo_sox48.
This take is bad and you should feel bad

Princess Neon

#2358 Post by Princess Neon » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:01 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:30 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:07 am
Which is why I want to give Snowy a chance though because up until the end of the phase I hadn't even looked at Byz one time as a potential chop.

I will certainly take the play of Byz in when reading Snowy but I just don't want us to come in already having decided on the slots guilt.
didn’t you, though?

Not that you can be faulted for changing your mind, but the strength of this statement surprised me a bit, since it doesn’t appear to be true :grin:

I’m curious how you view celaph now—at your last check-in before EOD, he hadn’t done a whole lot and was one of the lead wagons, but (at least in my estimation) he both posted more and his posts were on-point in a lot of places. In particular, given that you now seem to believe Byz might reasonably have been mafia, how do you view celaph in light of this change of perspective?
Admittedly yes I changed my mind after meme phase.

Celaph is probably just town but I'm confused by their absolute unwavering support of Byz early when I don't think he'd done anything worth that kind of commitment

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2359 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:04 pm

This is actually what you said, rdrivera:

- You didn’t like both wagons, but will break a tie. 18 minutes to EOD. Presumably if you’re making yourself available to break a tie you aren’t going to do something like, oh, I don’t know, start driving.
- You don’t like both wagons, why should you be asked to contribute??????? 2 minutes to EOD.
- You’re driving now, so you can’t break a tie like you just said you would. 1 minute to EOD.

Your vote, notably, ends up on Jamie, and you’re the only one on Jamie at EOD despite saying 18 minutes before the deadline that you’d break a tie, despite there being a tie with a few minutes to go, and despite you being online during EOD. But you’re being a responsible citizen by not voting while driving - you’re just posting that you’re driving while you’re driving to let us all know that you can’t do anything while driving.

Here’s quotes, since you forget things you say.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:43 pm
Don't really like both wagons, but will vote anyone in the lead with less then 2 minutes to avoid a tie and suggest whoever is on other wagons to do the same.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:58 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:55 pm
sort of weirded out that Rdrivera popped in, and didnt say a single thing about people voting damo.

After stating earlier he has some type of read on the slot and is convinced that damo is town.

Normally if he has some type of good guidance, he likes to offer it.

or did I miss it?
I said I don't like both wagons, what else yiu want me to do?
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:59 pm
Abd I am driving now.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2360 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:07 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:24 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:11 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:29 pm
I don't believe, while i was reactively suspicious at first, that there was skullduggery at eod. None of the participants are imbeciles. The risk of suspicion would make a decision to tie or not impractical. Yes, pyx coukd hsve been trying atcthe end, but it would have required the tags to fall in pleasant places for him. Wouldn't have risked for such low odds.
Do you think pyxxy actually thinks that hard
The same thing could be said about whether he'd pull the trigger on a tie-causing thing... few of y'all put that much thought into sudden gambits. That's why I'm saying i don't see mischief. It might have ended in mischief, and of course scum always intend mischief. I just don't see it purposeful here.
I don’t give pyxxy credit for being purposeful. In fact if there is anyone from the scumteam that didn’t get the memo to let town kill each other on D1 since they hadn’t had the chance to communicate with each other yet it’s either going to be someone driving a wagon who can’t just back out without drawing suspicion or someone who is dumb, and you are making the latter case for me.