MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1181 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 am

Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 am
So Jamie this game has focused their scumhunting efforts on A) blindly voting lowposters and B) OMGUS back and forths. Could be a case of classic active lurking scumming. Could be a villager who hasn't bothered to solve yet. Either way, >rand.

I'd like to float this wagon, though I'm not necessarily out on Eden completely, for an early D1 read at least. Can someone give me what the best case for bo_sox is atm?

"VOTE Jamiet99uk
invalid and poorly reasoned vote

Rumi Tobari

#1182 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:09 am
pyxxy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 pm
Vecna, Bona, Eden, you're three people I would want to read this post

Now that Sabi is gone, this series of posts from them intrigued me:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:52 pm
Neon is town but I will let yall figure that out but I swear to God if you scare her off I will send you to the shadow relm.
finally someone's bringing this up again. I think I mentioned it earlier, maybe not with the quotes, but nobody said anything so I kind of started assuming it was my imgaination or otherwise something I souldn't worry about and wasn't experienced enough with Sabi to understand

Bonatogether

#1183 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:23 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:12 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:55 pm

this is a very long post, but im failing to note any standout points that scream "this could not have been bullshitted together". Mostly simple and surface level observations, that pretty much always count for most players mentioned.

Not saying reads lists on day1 need to be ultra-deep, but this fails to give me townvibes, where a post like this would be such a nice opportunity to do just that.
ur a nerd
8-)

caught you
:( :( :(

Vecna

#1184 Post by Vecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:26 am

##vote celaph

he's your buddy, as you said

Vecna

#1185 Post by Vecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:28 am

and its 2:30 am and im once again here, sitting, regretting getting sucked into this vortex.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1186 Post by dargorygel » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:35 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:18 pm
not overly thrilled by darg btw. he seems to rely a bit too much on easy points.

also, why make the statement you want me to participate so you can apply your read on me? why would you say that as town? feels like a bit on the busy-work side of things.
It could have been a typically misunderstood attempt at welcoming humor, recalling that i used to joke about knowing your tell.

However, town would mention it just as likely as scum. I don't follow your reasoning. Why wouldn't a townie take pleasure in outing scum vecna? Why would scum even bring it up?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1187 Post by dargorygel » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:36 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:28 am
and its 2:30 am and im once again here, sitting, regretting getting sucked into this vortex.
Seriously good to see you, vecna.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1188 Post by dargorygel » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:37 am

Jamie... is angry jamie more likely to be town or scum?

President Eden

#1189 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:37 am

Byz wrote:
So Jamie this game has focused their scumhunting efforts on A) blindly voting lowposters and B) OMGUS back and forths. Could be a case of classic active lurking scumming. Could be a villager who hasn't bothered to solve yet. Either way, >rand.

I’d like to float this wagon, though I’m not necessarily out on Eden completely, for an early D1 read at least. Can someone give me what the best case for bo_sox is atm?

“VOTE Jamiet99uk
So at the ~24h mark, your meme wagon that you confidently declared would be highly revelatory has yielded no insights from you, has dissolved once and sort-of-but-not-really-resurfaced through no action of your own, and is currently headed full steam ahead for the ashtray of mafia history. You have now moved on to something completely unrelated, having done no follow-up to show us why your meme wagon was not pointless, yet you still pretend your meme vote that you post-hoc rationalized into something you pretended was serious is worth considering, ignoring the absolute volumes of content I have produced for you to evaluate more seriously.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Rumi Tobari

#1190 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:40 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:37 am
Byz wrote:

I’d like to float this wagon, though I’m not necessarily out on Eden completely, for an early D1 read at least. Can someone give me what the best case for bo_sox is atm?

“VOTE Jamiet99uk
So at the ~24h mark, your meme wagon that you confidently declared would be highly revelatory has yielded no insights from you, has dissolved once and sort-of-but-not-really-resurfaced through no action of your own, and is currently headed full steam ahead for the ashtray of mafia history. You have now moved on to something completely unrelated, having done no follow-up to show us why your meme wagon was not pointless, yet you still pretend your meme vote that you post-hoc rationalized into something you pretended was serious is worth considering, ignoring the absolute volumes of content I have produced for you to evaluate more seriously.

Not necesarily. If one of the people voting for Bo has the nametag has the "vote is worth nothing" and one of the people voting for you has the vote is worth double, that might actually sink you.

I think? Correct me if I'm wrong about how the nametags work here?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1191 Post by dargorygel » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:41 am

Pixie has joined in... I'll move my vote soon.

Eden is seeming more firm.

So back to the drawing board.

Byz

#1192 Post by Byz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:41 am

President Eden wrote:
Byz wrote:

“VOTE Jamiet99uk

I haven't read any of that shit fam.

This game has lasted for me from page 1-20 and the couple points I've checked in besides that. Plus the Jamie ISO

And I'm not gonna have time to read everything D1, so if you have something you'd like to tell me please tell me when I'm in thread

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1193 Post by dargorygel » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:43 am

##vote bo

Come on bo, play

President Eden

#1194 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:43 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:40 am
President Eden wrote:
Byz wrote:

“VOTE Jamiet99uk

Not necesarily. If one of the people voting for Bo has the nametag has the “vote is worth nothing” and one of the people voting for you has the vote is worth double, that might actually sink you.

I think? Correct me if I’m wrong about how the nametags work here?
Oh, I don’t mean by the current votes. I guess I could be a wagon by end of Day 1 (but where’s the fun in acknowledging that while taunting somebody to step up), but realistically people are going to slowly slink off to vote for someone who’s actually mafia and quietly pretend this never happened

Rumi Tobari

#1195 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:44 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:43 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Not necesarily. If one of the people voting for Bo has the nametag has the “vote is worth nothing” and one of the people voting for you has the vote is worth double, that might actually sink you.

Oh, I don’t mean by the current votes. I guess I could be a wagon by end of Day 1 (but where’s the fun in acknowledging that while taunting somebody to step up), but realistically people are going to slowly slink off to vote for someone who’s actually mafia and quietly pretend this never happened
okay terminology check:
"Wagon"? I'm no longer certain what this means.
Also I heard "Sandbagging" in reference to sabi earlier?
And I periodically see the term "shading"

What do these things mean?

Byz

#1196 Post by Byz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:45 am

President Eden wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Your focus on insulting everyone who votes you is so weird. I'm forced to view it as NAI because it's not really beneficial as either alignment. I guess the focus on how untouchable you're supposed to be and how a wagon on you needs to be airtight suggests the kind of ego posting that could come from town. But mostly it's just exhausting to read

President Eden

#1197 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:46 am

Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:41 am
President Eden wrote:
Byz wrote:

“VOTE Jamiet99uk

I haven’t read any of that shit fam.

This game has lasted for me from page 1-20 and the couple points I’ve checked in besides that. Plus the Jamie ISO

And I’m not gonna have time to read everything D1, so if you have something you’d like to tell me please tell me when I’m in thread
Oh, in that case, you should vote Chaqa, he’s mafia. If you reckon you have time to read some ISOs, here is a repository of his last few mainline games (all town) as compared to this game. You will notice that he has expressed far fewer meaningful opinions in this game compared to his recent town games, which is a general pattern and the closest you will get to a “tell” for him. He’s quite good at mafia play, but his Kryptonite is that no matter how busy he is or how many things he can think to do instead of care or post, as town he will eventually develop some sound opinions and push them. As mafia he really likes to stay flexible and go with the flow.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1198 Post by Chaqa » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:48 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:46 am
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:41 am
President Eden wrote:

I haven’t read any of that shit fam.

This game has lasted for me from page 1-20 and the couple points I’ve checked in besides that. Plus the Jamie ISO

And I’m not gonna have time to read everything D1, so if you have something you’d like to tell me please tell me when I’m in thread
Oh, in that case, you should vote Chaqa, he’s mafia. If you reckon you have time to read some ISOs, here is a repository of his last few mainline games (all town) as compared to this game. You will notice that he has expressed far fewer meaningful opinions in this game compared to his recent town games, which is a general pattern and the closest you will get to a “tell” for him. He’s quite good at mafia play, but his Kryptonite is that no matter how busy he is or how many things he can think to do instead of care or post, as town he will eventually develop some sound opinions and push them. As mafia he really likes to stay flexible and go with the flow.
I don't think you believe any of that. The Eden I know would never link to an entire game's dump of posts and use it as proof, he'd have 10 cited examples per page per minute.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1199 Post by Chaqa » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:50 am

Also I'm like not sure if you're missing my opinions or what, but I've been making reads this whole time. I'm pretty confident that Sabi, Vecna, and you are town, and that gin Rumi is scum.

President Eden

#1200 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:50 am

Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:45 am
President Eden wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:

Your focus on insulting everyone who votes you is so weird. I’m forced to view it as NAI because it’s not really beneficial as either alignment. I guess the focus on how untouchable you’re supposed to be and how a wagon on you needs to be airtight suggests the kind of ego posting that could come from town. But mostly it’s just exhausting to read
I’m just teasing you because you came in like a big shot and haven’t delivered. You seem like the type that would enjoy that kind of banter and would feel extra motivated to stick it to somebody who’s messing with you.
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:44 am
okay terminology check:
“Wagon”? I’m no longer certain what this means.
Also I heard “Sandbagging” in reference to sabi earlier?
And I periodically see the term “shading”

What do these things mean?
“wagon” is short for “bandwagon” and refers to any voting bloc that is in the lead or close to the lead. bo and I are the “wagons” for now.

“sandbagging” is intentionally playing poorly in one game to gain an advantage in another one. No one really thinks Sabi does this at this point, but last year Sabi claimed that they sandbagged a few town games to set a self-meta they could exploit in a mafia-sided game.

“shading” is a form of the phrase “to throw shade” and means to cast some amount of suspicion or doubt in a general direction without committing to a direct attack on the person or position. You could say I’m “shading” Byz by teasing him for instance. It’s something that mafia who lack the confidence to scrap but want to be involved in misdirecting the town will do, but it isn’t necessarily mafia-indicative.