MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1081 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:20 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:17 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:13 pm
@rumi
Why is a tie goodly today?
My understanding is that a tie means nobody dies? And that seems the only way to keep Eden in because while Sabi is all "I just want to save your spot" Sabi noticably tried to vote andother person over Eden. (and I really only picked the non-present people everyone else seems to jump on for lack of acvitity, which seems like a pretty reasonable reason to choose someone without info)

Annd basisially I have a pre-stated personal investment in keeping Eden in because his explanations and such for things are some what beneficial for me fro mym social anxiety standpoint.
The problem with a tie in this setup is the effect of the name tags.

One of us is wearing a name tag which doubles their vote.

One of us is wearing a name tag which nullifies their vote.

So orchestrating a tie cannot be achieved with any certainty.
While going through Jamie iso I wanted to bring up something he neglected in regards to votes:

If someone has the deathbomb nametag, when they day killed, the person with the next highest vote count also dies.

President Eden

#1082 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:06 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:05 pm
I also just realized my vote never counted.

*insert confused anime gif*
Was it Byz? You’d stated suspicion of him at some point.

BesharamSabi

#1083 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:07 pm

I hate that I can't quote multiple posts at once on here or even reference post numbers. I feel spoiled by other sites.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1084 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:02 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:49 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm

I checked your iso on peterbot and you never explained your reads before this post.

Is the townslip of Rumi the same one that eden pointed out? Also I disagree on your Jamie point.
It is. I in fact pointed it out myself earlier, which should be apparent from my iso, as should at least most of the other opinions I expressed here.

Why do you disagree about Jamie? Where's the substance?
I feel like w!Jamiet wouldn't go out of his way to antagonize people like this:
Let's not do the W thing. This is mafia.

That whole thread is a pretty perfect example of Jamie trying too hard to be Jamie. He blew a joke out of proportion, used a bunch of unnecessary color in his posts, and repeatedly brought it up without explicitly clarifying what he was talking about.

Scum Jamie is often aggressive.

BesharamSabi

#1085 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:54 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:39 pm

Is it true that you have never seen Sabi try to read me based on vibes before this game? (ie from reading past games of ours)
I think you are misreading my intent but yes
I haven’t said anything about your intent.

I ask because, as I am sure several people will vouch—at the very least they can vouch—Sabi susses me for “vibes” at some point in almost every social deduction game we have ever played. Sabi’s done it in every mafia game we’ve played. I’ve literally been town every time. Sabi’s done it in the vast majority of Among Us games we played back when we had a regular group for that. Just through sheer volume Sabi got some of those right, but their track record was not particularly outstanding. When you call it every single time, or close to it, you’ll get some right through sheer happenstance, but that doesn’t inspire confidence in your predictive power.

I don’t discount the value of intuition in a general sense, I use it myself all the time (although I try my best to couch my pushes in more objective data for persuasion’s sake). I don’t even discount the value of Sabi’s intuition with mafia players generally. I have no real reason to doubt that Sabi has done well elsewhere with this style.

I do specifically discount the value of Sabi’s intuition regarding me, because Sabi has been wrong about these reads with me in the vast majority of cases, and I happen to know Sabi is wrong this time, too.
To be fair in among us you quite literally start over explaining yourself and tend to agenda when you were imposter. My among us read on you was more accurate than not

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1086 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:07 pm
I hate that I can't quote multiple posts at once on here or even reference post numbers. I feel spoiled by other sites.
You can. See:
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
ghug wrote:
It is. I in fact pointed it out myself earlier, which should be apparent from my iso, as should at least most of the other opinions I expressed here.

That whole thread is a pretty perfect example of Jamie trying too hard to be Jamie. He blew a joke out of proportion, used a bunch of unnecessary color in his posts, and repeatedly brought it up without explicitly clarifying what he was talking about.

Princess Neon

#1087 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:12 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:06 pm
Princess Neon wrote:

No I meme voted Celaph for zero posting.

I might still vote another zero poster but I got pinged by something.

BesharamSabi

#1088 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:14 pm

ghug wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
ghug wrote:

Saying M!Jamie looks weirder than W!Jamie. It's what I'm used to. I interchange both terms, just deal with it.

Regardless, when has t!Jamie not overblown simple jokes before? He has overreacted about jokes as a host. Him overreacting about a joke isn't AI but the way he's going about this is. No one is taking interest in his reads yet he keeps repeating them. Any scum would have dropped it becuase it draws unnecessary attention and waste of energy. Town Jamie, when he notices something he views as bad, will not let it go.

Tldr: Behaviorally this is town Jamie because he can't tell jokes and will do anything to point out something is bad so he can look good.

BesharamSabi

#1089 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:15 pm

ghug wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:07 pm
You can. See:
ghug wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Yea but it's manually. I miss having a button to collect all the posts and then spits it all out in one new post for me. I'm lazy.

President Eden

#1090 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:16 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:14 pm
ghug wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Saying M!Jamie looks weirder than W!Jamie. It's what I'm used to. I interchange both terms, just deal with it.

Regardless, when has t!Jamie not overblown simple jokes before? He has overreacted about jokes as a host. Him overreacting about a joke isn't AI but the way he's going about this is. No one is taking interest in his reads yet he keeps repeating them. Any scum would have dropped it becuase it draws unnecessary attention and waste of energy. Town Jamie, when he notices something he views as bad, will not let it go.

Tldr: Behaviorally this is town Jamie because he can't tell jokes and will do anything to point out something is bad so he can look good.
I don’t know if I agree with this analysis, but this is the approach I was hoping to see FWIW.

More precisely I think it’s a bit more nuanced, which I know is frustrating when you’re trying to find your footing, but approaching it with this type of frame will get you where you want to be.

BesharamSabi

#1091 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:17 pm

Idk I feel like celaph is town this game. I feel like he's been too utr for my liking but it's whatever.

*cue him being MIA during night one and get limmed day two and flips mafia*

celaph

#1092 Post by celaph » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:17 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:25 am
That’s not what Rumi did, though. Rumi actually specifically called Byz’s read “reasonable but dangerous,” then proceeded to spend the rest of the post describing how he could be getting deceived by Rumi—not how he could be buddying Rumi.

If Rumi had expressed suspicion of Byz for getting to the right answer with relatively little data, then I’d agree with you, but that’s not what Rumi did. Rumi instead suggested that Byz might have set himself up to be fooled. That’s mafia indicative to me, particularly for newer mafia players.
I'm with Eden on this one. I think his interest in Rumi is reasonably well explained by Rumi being a new player who is playing atypically. He seems miffed that he's getting pressure over this, but I'm not seeing it as scum indicative.

celaph

#1093 Post by celaph » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:18 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:02 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:42 pm
Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 pm

Feel like this post makes them likely town though. It's the exact sort of post a newbie trying to solve makes to try to understand the game. One that would be much more likely to made if they had scum chat to turn to.

##UNVOTE for now, but my vote needs a new home
Its a logic problem mindset. I'll always have this. Something of an obsession with understanding how and why. Mysteries are supposed to be solvable by the reader. (or in this case the participants)

This is Mafia, not And Then There Were None (and yes, this is a dig at Christie's writing)
This person is town and I will die on that hill. This play is not scum.

Also hi hi.
What makes you so confident in this read?

BesharamSabi

#1094 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:16 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
ghug wrote:

I don’t know if I agree with this analysis, but this is the approach I was hoping to see FWIW.

More precisely I think it’s a bit more nuanced, which I know is frustrating when you’re trying to find your footing, but approaching it with this type of frame will get you where you want to be.
I have been playing like this elsewhere so that's why I was frustrated no one was taking the game seriously and wasn't asking me questions to explain my reads. I can't produce this stuff organically yet so that's why I want people to question my reads.

BesharamSabi

#1095 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:17 pm
Idk I feel like celaph is town this game. I feel like he's been too utr for my liking but it's whatever.

*cue him being MIA during night one and get limmed day two and flips mafia*
UTR = under the radar

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1096 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:21 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
ghug wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Blowing jokes out of proportion is exactly what any version of Jamie does, yes. My issue is the way he's milking it. It felt more like he wanted everyone to know he was doing it than like he was actually concerned.

BesharamSabi

#1097 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:22 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:12 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:06 pm
Princess Neon wrote:

No I meme voted Celaph for zero posting.

I might still vote another zero poster but I got pinged by something.
What pinged you

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1098 Post by pyxxy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:23 pm

uhoh, celaph is catching up to me in post count, I better do something

BesharamSabi

#1099 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:24 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:21 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
ghug wrote:

Blowing jokes out of proportion is exactly what any version of Jamie does, yes. My issue is the way he's milking it. It felt more like he wanted everyone to know he was doing it than like he was actually concerned.
If he was milking it wouldn't he have questioned those that are townreading eden about it? He would be alot more agenda driven in regards to that vs mentioning twice in a general comment and once to Chaqa who maybe was scum reading eden.

celaph

#1100 Post by celaph » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:24 pm

Byz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:40 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:18 am
Eden doesn't seem townie rn
What about their reaction makes you think "scum" and not it being some sort of ego issue/town being upset that anyone dares vote them?

I could see either reaction rn, so I'm curious what is making it stand out as specifically scummy to you.
I'm liking the way Byz is approaching this game. Me thinks they (Byz pronounds?) town.