MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1061 Post by dargorygel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:45 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:42 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:43 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:41 pm
what happens if someone with one of the six power nametag dies, it it just removed from the game, or does it get ciruclated to the remaining people?
Pretty good question. I'm pretty sure the nametag disappears.
I don't know if it is announced.
##CALL GM
GM NOTE

If a powered tag is on someone when they die, it's gone with them. There is no reshuffing of powers back into the pool.
But are tags annouced/published in death public notifications

President Eden

#1062 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:25 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:22 pm

That's why we get along in that game. I just ughhfvdjssj I don't want to tunnel on eden like I did to memes. I feel like everything I'm saying to him is getting twisted.
I agree I've been wanting to scum read Eden for this entire interaction and ot worries me because it's so similar to last game and the way I see it the entire pressure on the slot today has been inorganic
He's not memes because eden is an actually one of the best mafia players I know so that's why I'm just annoyed and tunneled on his slot. I don't even think he's omgus-ing me. He genuinely thinks I am not town.
I feel I have been very consistent in saying you have not distinguished yourself as town or mafia, but maybe not enough. So I will say it again lol.

Princess Neon

#1063 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:39 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:38 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm

Last game?
Specifically the last game I played with Sabi
Is it true that you have never seen Sabi try to read me based on vibes before this game? (ie from reading past games of ours)
I think you are misreading my intent but yes

BesharamSabi

#1064 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:31 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:21 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:01 pm

I like Rumi and worcej and I think Eden. I dislike you and Jamie. Most other active people seem fine but fakable. My brain is a huge fog right now.
Can you expand on these reads?
I have already, but OK.

Rumi - Townslip, very bold and open with ideas for a new player.
worcej - Mostly involvedness, also bad takes.
Eden - I think he'd be trying harder to not seem nervous about votes if he were scum. I also legitimately believe he'd pocket you as scum, which he's not doing here.
You - I largely agree with what Eden's been saying. There's a lot of talk of you improving but I'm not really seeing a meaningful solving presence.
Jamie - He's trying too hard to seem like Jamie. Forced misinterpretations, too many colors and name changes. Light on substance.
I checked your iso on peterbot and you never explained your reads before this post.

Is the townslip of Rumi the same one that eden pointed out? Also I disagree on your Jamie point.

celaph

#1065 Post by celaph » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:53 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:37 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:32 pm

As members of a community more familiar with eachother than I am with you. I assume mafia might know who the better players at identifying them are.

Conersely, an ulterior motive for a townie isn’t necessarily logical. Under the assumption townies don’t have any way if identifying eachother, they might have seen something socially in how someone acts in day 1 and identify them as mafia.

Jumping to conclusions on why someone breaks the agreement will only lead to problems. So the offending player would be expected to explain why they didn’t go along, and more importantly, why they choose the person they voted for.

Also a thing I would want to watch: is who comes to their defense, how quickly, and the attitude of other players towards the choice.
I think I follow you—you were thinking about proposing a plan that would force some action, which would trigger reactions from the other players that would allow us to sort.

As it happens, this sort of occurred; Byz voted you then decided your behavior was indicative of a newer town player, while I questioned your reasoning and haven’t stated my conclusion. What do you think about our two reactions?
I find his conclusion logical but dangerous. Detective mindset doesn't necessarily mean Decalogue compliant. For one thing, Ryz only has my statement of having no experience to go by.

For another thing, I've implied a lack of social skills, but my vast paragraphs of rambling clearly disprove that which come to think of it, cast doubt on everything I've ever said. Huh.

Putting aside how my social anxiety affects my ability to ramble about logic problems, mysteries, and death games. By assuming me townie, Ryz becomes closed to hte possibility that it might be an act.
Do you think that Byz is town? You're speaking a lot about him without saying much and while I get is that you think Byz is more likely to be dumb towny than scum, you don't consider the latter.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1066 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm

Upon reflection, worcej claiming he dropped the "Neon won't tell me how many games she's played" complaint while continuing to vote for her makes him basically confirmed town.

BesharamSabi

#1067 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:49 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:25 pm

I agree I've been wanting to scum read Eden for this entire interaction and ot worries me because it's so similar to last game and the way I see it the entire pressure on the slot today has been inorganic
He's not memes because eden is an actually one of the best mafia players I know so that's why I'm just annoyed and tunneled on his slot. I don't even think he's omgus-ing me. He genuinely thinks I am not town.
I feel I have been very consistent in saying you have not distinguished yourself as town or mafia, but maybe not enough. So I will say it again lol.
Saying that is the same thing as saying you think I'm not town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1068 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:49 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm
ghug wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:21 pm

Can you expand on these reads?
I have already, but OK.

Eden - I think he'd be trying harder to not seem nervous about votes if he were scum. I also legitimately believe he'd pocket you as scum, which he's not doing here.
You - I largely agree with what Eden's been saying. There's a lot of talk of you improving but I'm not really seeing a meaningful solving presence.
Jamie - He's trying too hard to seem like Jamie. Forced misinterpretations, too many colors and name changes. Light on substance.
I checked your iso on peterbot and you never explained your reads before this post.

Is the townslip of Rumi the same one that eden pointed out? Also I disagree on your Jamie point.
It is. I in fact pointed it out myself earlier, which should be apparent from my iso, as should at least most of the other opinions I expressed here.

Why do you disagree about Jamie? Where's the substance?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1069 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:50 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:49 pm
President Eden wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

No it's not?

Jamiet99uk

#1070 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:52 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:41 pm
what happens if someone with one of the six power nametag dies, it it just removed from the game, or does it get ciruclated to the remaining people?
##CALL GM
GM NOTE

If a powered tag is on someone when they die, it's gone with them. There is no reshuffing of powers back into the pool.
Follow up ##CALL GM

The Mafia NK is usually regarded as a "visit".

When the Mafia NK someone, does the Maf Team member carrying out the kill swap tags with their victim?
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

President Eden

#1071 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:54 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:39 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:38 pm

Specifically the last game I played with Sabi
Is it true that you have never seen Sabi try to read me based on vibes before this game? (ie from reading past games of ours)
I think you are misreading my intent but yes
I haven’t said anything about your intent.

I ask because, as I am sure several people will vouch—at the very least they can vouch—Sabi susses me for “vibes” at some point in almost every social deduction game we have ever played. Sabi’s done it in every mafia game we’ve played. I’ve literally been town every time. Sabi’s done it in the vast majority of Among Us games we played back when we had a regular group for that. Just through sheer volume Sabi got some of those right, but their track record was not particularly outstanding. When you call it every single time, or close to it, you’ll get some right through sheer happenstance, but that doesn’t inspire confidence in your predictive power.

I don’t discount the value of intuition in a general sense, I use it myself all the time (although I try my best to couch my pushes in more objective data for persuasion’s sake). I don’t even discount the value of Sabi’s intuition with mafia players generally. I have no real reason to doubt that Sabi has done well elsewhere with this style.

I do specifically discount the value of Sabi’s intuition regarding me, because Sabi has been wrong about these reads with me in the vast majority of cases, and I happen to know Sabi is wrong this time, too.

Jamiet99uk

#1072 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:55 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:10 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:03 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:15 pm
I will say that Bona and Jamie feel the most like their old selves so idk what that says about anything.
I feel like Jamie's trying a little too hard to seem like Jamie.
I can't be anyone else. You've experienced this many times. I'm always me. You know it. Yet you repeatedly ignore the things your heart tells you.
Ghug.

Listen to me.

Think about what has happened in the past.

That that was, that is, that shall be. It is me.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1073 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:55 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:45 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

##CALL GM
GM NOTE

But are tags annouced/published in death public notifications
GM NOTE THE SECOND

A Player's USERNAME, ROLE, FACTION, and NAMETAG/FLAVOR NAME is revealed on their passing.

For example (AND EXAMPLE ONLY):

"DEMONRHK has pooped! He was MARK MCPOOPYPANTS, The CULT DOODOO MASTER!"

President Eden

#1074 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:56 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

It most certainly is not, but if that is how you’re taking that statement, that’s actually really useful for me to know.

It means I don’t know your alignment and I can see arguments for both sides. That’s it. I know it’s overbearing and obnoxious but I try to be as careful as I can about my exact extent of my confidence in my reads for a reason.

Jamiet99uk

#1075 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:56 pm

Ghug always scumreads me.
Worcej, since he stopped being my friend, always attacks me at every opportunity.

Neither of these things is helpful play.

Princess Neon

#1076 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:58 pm

I'm too lazy to find it at the moment but my meme vote might very well be a real vote now.

BesharamSabi

#1077 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:02 pm

ghug wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm
ghug wrote:

I have already, but OK.

It is. I in fact pointed it out myself earlier, which should be apparent from my iso, as should at least most of the other opinions I expressed here.

Why do you disagree about Jamie? Where's the substance?
I feel like w!Jamiet wouldn't go out of his way to antagonize people like this:

Princess Neon

#1078 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:05 pm

I also just realized my vote never counted.

*insert confused anime gif*

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1079 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:52 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

##CALL GM
GM NOTE

Follow up ##CALL GM

The Mafia NK is usually regarded as a "visit".

When the Mafia NK someone, does the Maf Team member carrying out the kill swap tags with their victim?
GM NOTE

Yes, the NK is a visit, and the performing member will trade nametags with the intended victim at that stage of the execution of night orders.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1080 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:56 pm
Ghug always scumreads me.
Worcej, since he stopped being my friend, always attacks me at every opportunity.

Neither of these things is helpful play.
Hey now, I only mostly always scumread you.