MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1041 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:14 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:14 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:02 pm
Good Lord I was just teasing you there. Chaqa even called it out for what it was right afterward. You have bantzed me harder in this thread, it’s what we do.

But it’s funny you say that, because I still don’t see where you’ve done anything more than that to solve my slot.

I said you, along with four other people, hadn’t done enough to distinguish themselves to my liking at the not yet halfway point of day 1. It’s not on me to play 20 questions with you and sort you ASAP. I spent most of my limited time at game start feeling out the newer players, particularly Rumi, and am pretty happy with where I ended up. I put some pressure on rivera and pushed back on ideas from Byz and Rumi. I have done AMPLE for you to solve my alignment if you want to solve it.

Why do you need people to ask you shit to explain your reads? Can’t you just do it yourself?
Because I struggle with how to share my thoughts organically. It's a skill issue on my part. Besides that it helps me think about the game differently if I'm asked questions I didn't consider.
See, my issue is that “I need people to ask me questions so I know how to give organic reads” is literally the quintessential problem a mafia player has in every mafia game they roll. It is something I can totally see you earnestly experiencing as town, but it is also completely indistinguishable from what I might reasonably expect you to experience as mafia.

Hence why you are in my group of people who have not distinguished themselves yet. If I didn’t know you better and you were just a generic player with ~a year’s experience I would be snap voting you and calling this a de facto scumclaim. It’s only precisely BECAUSE I am trying to be fair to you and find the truth, and not just say something that I know people would see as plausible, that I hesitate.
This is why I am asking you, Sabi, for the importance of being organic BTW

Princess Neon

#1042 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:17 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:19 pm
No it’s not that. I’m having trouble figuring out how to say what I mean without coming off like a condescending asshole. And I’m really trying not to be, though I suspect I’m going to fail. I’m just trying to explain what I see as I see it in a way that can easily be understood, ideally as respectfully and delicately as possible.

But from my perspective, despite Sabi’s claims to the contrary, I don’t actually see a meaningful change in how they approach the game. They seem to have merely learned that townies who talk about “solving slots” and “forming a town core” and “avoiding confirmation bias” are regarded as smart and talented at the game, and have accordingly incorporated those words into their posting, while not actually changing the substance of how they play at all. It’s the same empty “vibes” reasoning, the same endless questions that go nowhere, the same hyperfocus on any post involving them, the same overarching drive less to win and more to be seen as good at the game and get approval from other players. And then there’s this weird condescension thrown on top, like my confusion over the typo was insincere and these odd demands to “work with me.”

It’s just all very performative and is throwing me off. It’s not even necessarily mafia behavior although it obviously could come from mafia. It’s more that everything feels like a simulacrum of solving, stage art to be seen and wondered at and praised, not investigation into a mystery to be solved.

I’m sorry if that comes off as mean, I really don’t mean it to be, but I’m posting on a phone which makes it hard to review and edit a post down to be less harsh. I just don’t know what to do with Sabi’s posting, it all feels so fake but it doesn’t even have to be mafia fake. I’m sure Sabi has gained plenty of experience playing elsewhere and maybe things have changed, but I just am not seeing the outward manifestation of it beyond the liberal use of buzzwords.
I can say beyond a reasonable doubt that it's not performative and that Sabi is very very good at finding town and running with them to attempt to solve the game. I can also say that's exactly how I play lol.

BesharamSabi

#1043 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:20 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:59 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:51 pm
Can people ask me game related questions so I can provide comtent
I'm tired of shitposting and want to move the game along to actual content
What is the air speed velocity of the posting in this thread?

Jkjk

Actual questions

What do you think of Byz / Eden / Rumi? At this point
Byz I have as null. Hasn't really much content. He's pretty under the radar.

Eden as scum lean. I'm biased.

Rumi is town. Has the fresh oureness of a newbie

What do you think of the lines of attack on me?
worcej is just like that. He's a moth and he likes to hover anyone that is is being a source of light aka attention grabby in a thread. I think he's been the only attack on you
Why are you town? I TR you anyways but wanna see your answer
besides my role card, idk. My whole argument with eden has me second guessing how I play and like maybe I never improved and I just suck lol
If any of this was already asked ignore me I'm catching up
Answer in orange

BesharamSabi

#1044 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:21 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:01 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:54 pm
Ok I caught up. Time to sleep again.

Sabi, if you love asking questions so much and scumread me, why haven't you asked me any questions?
Because you have been barely in the thread when I have been in the thread and when you are here you are back reading.

Regardless what is your world view right now in terms of reads.
I like Rumi and worcej and I think Eden. I dislike you and Jamie. Most other active people seem fine but fakable. My brain is a huge fog right now.
Can you expand on these reads?

BesharamSabi

#1045 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:58 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:53 pm
How do you believe your experiences since your last game here has impacted your ability to play?
I feel like everyone still thinks I'm a shitty player even tho I have changed a lot and idk I just feel like I'm never going to not be looked at the person who sandbagged and what not even tho I have taken steps to find a playstyle I enjoy and excel in.
I missed this - why do you think we think you’re shitty? I honestly don’t think anyone thinks that.
"sabi hasn't changed /they are asking empty questions/they are being performative"

Kinda fucking hurts and idk I'm in my feelings because I thought I have improved.

BesharamSabi

#1046 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:23 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:10 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:02 pm
Good Lord I was just teasing you there. Chaqa even called it out for what it was right afterward. You have bantzed me harder in this thread, it’s what we do.

But it’s funny you say that, because I still don’t see where you’ve done anything more than that to solve my slot.

I said you, along with four other people, hadn’t done enough to distinguish themselves to my liking at the not yet halfway point of day 1. It’s not on me to play 20 questions with you and sort you ASAP. I spent most of my limited time at game start feeling out the newer players, particularly Rumi, and am pretty happy with where I ended up. I put some pressure on rivera and pushed back on ideas from Byz and Rumi. I have done AMPLE for you to solve my alignment if you want to solve it.

Why do you need people to ask you shit to explain your reads? Can’t you just do it yourself?
Because I struggle with how to share my thoughts organically. It's a skill issue on my part. Besides that it helps me think about the game differently if I'm asked questions I didn't consider.
Legit question: what do you mean by organically?

Why not just do a read list and just say it as it is - that’s not organic but at least it’s authentic and doesn’t need us to pry.
I do reads list but people mocked it because I said vibes even tho the gist is that it was a reads list but I wasn't confident in alignment for people that I felt weren't towny.

I just don't know how to put my thoughts in posts sometimes. I spit out my thoughts in posts and people just ignore me per usual

BesharamSabi

#1047 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:25 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:17 pm
President Eden wrote:
No it’s not that. I’m having trouble figuring out how to say what I mean without coming off like a condescending asshole. And I’m really trying not to be, though I suspect I’m going to fail. I’m just trying to explain what I see as I see it in a way that can easily be understood, ideally as respectfully and delicately as possible.

But from my perspective, despite Sabi’s claims to the contrary, I don’t actually see a meaningful change in how they approach the game. They seem to have merely learned that townies who talk about “solving slots” and “forming a town core” and “avoiding confirmation bias” are regarded as smart and talented at the game, and have accordingly incorporated those words into their posting, while not actually changing the substance of how they play at all. It’s the same empty “vibes” reasoning, the same endless questions that go nowhere, the same hyperfocus on any post involving them, the same overarching drive less to win and more to be seen as good at the game and get approval from other players. And then there’s this weird condescension thrown on top, like my confusion over the typo was insincere and these odd demands to “work with me.”

It’s just all very performative and is throwing me off. It’s not even necessarily mafia behavior although it obviously could come from mafia. It’s more that everything feels like a simulacrum of solving, stage art to be seen and wondered at and praised, not investigation into a mystery to be solved.

I’m sorry if that comes off as mean, I really don’t mean it to be, but I’m posting on a phone which makes it hard to review and edit a post down to be less harsh. I just don’t know what to do with Sabi’s posting, it all feels so fake but it doesn’t even have to be mafia fake. I’m sure Sabi has gained plenty of experience playing elsewhere and maybe things have changed, but I just am not seeing the outward manifestation of it beyond the liberal use of buzzwords.
I can say beyond a reasonable doubt that it's not performative and that Sabi is very very good at finding town and running with them to attempt to solve the game. I can also say that's exactly how I play lol.
I appreciate this. I doubt anyone will listen to me. I'm just sabi the shitty mafia player that sandbagged.

Princess Neon

#1048 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:25 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:22 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:32 pm

Once again how I play is asking people I townread to give me second opinions on reads so I can see if my worldview is off base or not. It helps reassess my reads.

Vibe check is what I call reads on day one because there's no flips for me to put people in alignments because I need votes and interactions.

Can you just stop belittling how I'm playing for fucks sake. I adopted a play style that works for me. I build a town group and bounce my reads off them and go from there.
Maybe that's why I like you so much you play very similar to me lol.
That's why we get along in that game. I just ughhfvdjssj I don't want to tunnel on eden like I did to memes. I feel like everything I'm saying to him is getting twisted.
I agree I've been wanting to scum read Eden for this entire interaction and ot worries me because it's so similar to last game and the way I see it the entire pressure on the slot today has been inorganic

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1049 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:26 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:12 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:12 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:41 pm
biggest oooof on D1 so far
Worcej bad take. Town confirmed.
What thing is a higher oooof than that!?
That was the game's single basedest take.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1050 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:31 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:21 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:01 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:56 pm

Because you have been barely in the thread when I have been in the thread and when you are here you are back reading.

Regardless what is your world view right now in terms of reads.
I like Rumi and worcej and I think Eden. I dislike you and Jamie. Most other active people seem fine but fakable. My brain is a huge fog right now.
Can you expand on these reads?
I have already, but OK.

Rumi - Townslip, very bold and open with ideas for a new player.
worcej - Mostly involvedness, also bad takes.
Eden - I think he'd be trying harder to not seem nervous about votes if he were scum. I also legitimately believe he'd pocket you as scum, which he's not doing here.
You - I largely agree with what Eden's been saying. There's a lot of talk of you improving but I'm not really seeing a meaningful solving presence.
Jamie - He's trying too hard to seem like Jamie. Forced misinterpretations, too many colors and name changes. Light on substance.

Jamiet99uk

#1051 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:53 pm
I really don't think asking people their reads and asking their explanation for their reads is noisy for fucks sake. You people don't fucking explain your reads.
Unvote this
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Princess Neon

#1052 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:20 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:59 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:51 pm
Can people ask me game related questions so I can provide comtent
I'm tired of shitposting and want to move the game along to actual content
What is the air speed velocity of the posting in this thread?

Jkjk

Actual questions

What do you think of Byz / Eden / Rumi? At this point
Byz I have as null. Hasn't really much content. He's pretty under the radar.

Eden as scum lean. I'm biased.

Rumi is town. Has the fresh oureness of a newbie

What do you think of the lines of attack on me?
worcej is just like that. He's a moth and he likes to hover anyone that is is being a source of light aka attention grabby in a thread. I think he's been the only attack on you
Why are you town? I TR you anyways but wanna see your answer
besides my role card, idk. My whole argument with eden has me second guessing how I play and like maybe I never improved and I just suck lol
If any of this was already asked ignore me I'm catching up
Answer in orange
Don't doubt yourself. Be unapologetic in being you. Eventually people learn that you being you is town and that they are just misreading you and they stop trying to push bad lines of attack.

President Eden

#1053 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:25 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

That's why we get along in that game. I just ughhfvdjssj I don't want to tunnel on eden like I did to memes. I feel like everything I'm saying to him is getting twisted.
I agree I've been wanting to scum read Eden for this entire interaction and ot worries me because it's so similar to last game and the way I see it the entire pressure on the slot today has been inorganic
Last game?

Princess Neon

#1054 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:34 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:23 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:10 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:

Legit question: what do you mean by organically?

Why not just do a read list and just say it as it is - that’s not organic but at least it’s authentic and doesn’t need us to pry.
I do reads list but people mocked it because I said vibes even tho the gist is that it was a reads list but I wasn't confident in alignment for people that I felt weren't towny.

I just don't know how to put my thoughts in posts sometimes. I spit out my thoughts in posts and people just ignore me per usual
Vibes is valid I don't care what people say.

Vibe reads from a player named sparkles won us a game I believe in vibe checks

Princess Neon

#1055 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:36 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:17 pm
President Eden wrote:

I appreciate this. I doubt anyone will listen to me. I'm just sabi the shitty mafia player that sandbagged.
It's the truth I don't care. FoL taught me that. I don't know your past but I know damn well that you are good and that you are literally one of the only people I'd follow around just to play games with.

Do not read me based on this these are genuine feelings but I really don't want this to feel like I'm trying to pocket you by being genuine like Memes felt I was doing last game.

Princess Neon

#1056 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:37 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:53 pm
I really don't think asking people their reads and asking their explanation for their reads is noisy for fucks sake. You people don't fucking explain your reads.
Unvote this
Seconded thirded and fourthed

Princess Neon

#1057 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:38 pm

President Eden wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Last game?
Specifically the last game I played with Sabi

President Eden

#1058 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:39 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:38 pm
President Eden wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

Last game?
Specifically the last game I played with Sabi
Is it true that you have never seen Sabi try to read me based on vibes before this game? (ie from reading past games of ours)

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1059 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:42 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:43 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:41 pm
what happens if someone with one of the six power nametag dies, it it just removed from the game, or does it get ciruclated to the remaining people?
Pretty good question. I'm pretty sure the nametag disappears.
I don't know if it is announced.
##CALL GM
GM NOTE

If a powered tag is on someone when they die, it's gone with them. There is no reshuffing of powers back into the pool.

BesharamSabi

#1060 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

He's not memes because eden is an actually one of the best mafia players I know so that's why I'm just annoyed and tunneled on his slot. I don't even think he's omgus-ing me. He genuinely thinks I am not town.